View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

    45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

    24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

    0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

    3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

    9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

    11 11.96%
  1. #16061
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0320/1037436-brexit_delay/
    https://static.rasset.ie/documents/n...an-council.pdf

    For something more constructive than engaging with Kangodo, the letter May is sending to the EU to ask for an extension is now available.

    It basically boils down to that she wants more time just to try to push her deal, or an amended version of it, through parliament again. I can see the EU almost certainly rejecting this.

  2. #16062
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It basically boils down to that she wants more time just to try to push her deal, or an amended version of it, through parliament again. I can see the EU almost certainly rejecting this.
    She failed before, she will fail again. It's time to end this clown fiesta already. But as I said I still have no confidence that the EU will just reject it.

  3. #16063
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    And what is this supposed to mean?
    People didn't vote for Brexit in some European "election".

  4. #16064
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    People didn't vote for Brexit in some European "election".
    If the EU was dictatorship do you really think UK could do the shit it does right now?

  5. #16065
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If the EU was dictatorship do you really think UK could do the shit it does right now?
    Yes? Why not?

    "A dictatorship is an authoritarian form of government, characterized by a single leader or group of leaders with either no party or a weak party, little mass mobilization, and limited political pluralism." - EU leaders are generally not decided on party lines, and political pluralism on top level is limited - it is mostly just (neo-)liberal policies.

    You're probably thinking of totalitarianism?
    "Totalitarianism is a political concept of a mode of government that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life."

    EU isn't totalitarian (at least not yet), some of their decisions can border on dictatorial though (as noted above, you can have dictatorship with "group of leaders" rather then single decision-maker).

  6. #16066
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    There was plenty of time to do that...
    I don't think anyone is making a case for the competence of the UK Gov at this stage. It's more a case of "well this is where we are".

  7. #16067
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If the EU was dictatorship do you really think UK could do the shit it does right now?
    Yes. Because the people of the UK voted in a referendum within the UK.
    Notice how the EU doesn't hold referendums over its inner workings?

  8. #16068
    Stop derailing the thread, Russian trollbot. Fuck off.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  9. #16069
    'BREAKING I just asked PM's spokesman to confirm clearly that her #Pmqs remarks mean she would quit if Brexit was delayed beyond June 30.
    His reply: "You should infer from those words the strength of the prime minister's resolve".'


    https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status...59784342962176

    But given her resolve to get a good deal for the UK and for the UK to leave the EU on 29/03 I'm not sure too much can be read in to this.

  10. #16070
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "And you wonder why we used to hang and assinate your kind, can't say my granddad was wrong would have even loaded to gun to deal with such anarchists."

    but this is perfectly fine if it's done against people who dislike liberalism apparently.
    I thought you refered to the part in dutch to be honest

  11. #16071
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Stop derailing the thread, Russian trollbot. Fuck off.
    This is one of about fifty different instances of Slant and numerous other neoliberal posters very obviously breaking the rules and being ignored.

    This is why no one respects the moderation process. You just get some cunt like Northern Goblin protecting the posters he agrees with and ignoring any examples of racism or ad hominen personal attacks otherwise.

  12. #16072
    It seems clear from the EU side that there cannot be an extension past May 23 and there cannot be more than one extension.

    Question, what happens if May resigns next week when the EU refuses the extension?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-03-20 at 02:39 PM.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  13. #16073
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because the EU doesn't hold referendums at all since it's not a separate entity, it's is a union of countries that each decide for themselves, you sound as smart as dribbles.
    It is more like EU actively avoids referendums after problems with EU constitution voting in 2000s (which failed a few of them), preferring to limit EU decisions to parliamentary approvals.

    ...that is setting up to fail though given that referendums still remain as available option in many democratic countries, and not every parliamentary body is capable or willing to block them.

  14. #16074
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Maybe it's a thing with Dutch posters, the poster "Deruter" also was normal at some point and then became rabid, not seen him in a while though, maybe he changed name.

    - - - Updated - - -


    There was plenty of time to do that...
    Im dutch and perfectly not rabid!

    But I feel embarresed by Kangodo... Btw, just throw him on ignore, I did, and Im happy I did so.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  15. #16075
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It is more like EU actively avoids referendums after problems with EU constitution voting in 2000s (which failed a few of them), preferring to limit EU decisions to parliamentary approvals.

    ...that is setting up to fail though given that referendums still remain as available option in many democratic countries, and not every parliamentary body is capable or willing to block them.
    The EU has no authority to conduct referendums, it is up to the individual states to call for them.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #16076
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Stop derailing the thread, Russian trollbot. Fuck off.
    I'm talking about Brexit and how amazing it is. Stop flaming because you dislike someone's opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Im dutch and perfectly not rabid!

    But I feel embarresed by Kangodo... Btw, just throw him on ignore, I did, and Im happy I did so.
    I bet you vote D66

  17. #16077
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    'BREAKING I just asked PM's spokesman to confirm clearly that her #Pmqs remarks mean she would quit if Brexit was delayed beyond June 30.
    His reply: "You should infer from those words the strength of the prime minister's resolve".'


    https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status...59784342962176

    But given her resolve to get a good deal for the UK and for the UK to leave the EU on 29/03 I'm not sure too much can be read in to this.
    May's resolve to say the exact same thing over and over and yes, over again is by now, the stuff of legend. If you need an MP to stay on script (to the point people think she may very well be scripted) then May is your gal....robot thing.

  18. #16078
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Question, what happens if May resigns next week when the EU refuses the extension?
    Unless other parties can force a general election, Boris Johnson likely becomes PM.

  19. #16079
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I thought you refered to the part in dutch to be honest
    Even so I spoke in past tense, he's simply trying to insinuate something. But I know the past hurts for some, he still hasn't figured out anarchists hardly ever life long.

  20. #16080
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Unless other parties can force a general election, Boris Johnson likely becomes PM.
    That would be hilarious.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •