View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    So...

Is it back to indicative votes 3.0? Or was that ruled out too? I've lost track.
    surprise snap elections!

So...

Might be able to nudge one over the line this time with a little more cajoling but I think the extension has knocked Parliament back into cuckoo land again. Without any external pressure then they will just start fantasising again, maybe with a brief spells of lucidity after the local and then the EU elections. If the Conservative vote collapses then the Cons may try to oust May again...somehow. Then Corbyn will try once more for a GE.

Scenario 1: Nothing happens in the coming elections.
    More posturing and naval gazing until shortly before the extension then it will be into crisis mode again, with what we can only assume will be similar results.

Scenario 2: Conservative vote share collapses.
    1922 change the rules and oust May, Corbyn pushes for GE, might even get one too.

Scenario 3: Conservative and Labour both collapse.
    May and Corbyn are both given the boot. New GE fought along Brexit lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Might be able to nudge one over the line this time with a little more cajoling but I think the extension has knocked Parliament back into cuckoo land again. Without any external pressure then they will just start fantasising again, maybe with a brief spells of lucidity after the local and then the EU elections. If the Conservative vote collapses then the Cons may try to oust May again...somehow. Then Corbyn will try once more for a GE.

Scenario 1: Nothing happens in the coming elections.
    More posturing and naval gazing until shortly before the extension then it will be into crisis mode again, with what we can only assume will be similar results.

Scenario 2: Conservative vote share collapses.
    1922 change the rules and oust May, Corbyn pushes for GE, might even get one too.

Scenario 3: Conservative and Labour both collapse.
    May and Corbyn are both given the boot. New GE fought along Brexit lines.
    I'm liking scenario 3. And the outcome of that on day 1 post election?

Prime minister Farage enters into coalition with UKIP to form a government and appoints Sargon of Akkad as Chancellor and the downing street cat is eaten by the Nazi guys dog.

Happy days.
    Brexiteers are the new remainers. To remain outside of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Prime minister Farage enters into coalition with UKIP to form a government and appoints Sargon of Akkad as Chancellor and the downing street cat is eaten by the Nazi guys dog.

Happy days.
    I know other posters take you serious dribs but please try to remember that I don't.

Prime minister Farage enters into coalition with UKIP
    Good thing they don't absolutely hate each other, or this might seem an unlikely outcome

I know other posters take you serious dribs but please try to remember that I don't.
    I'm not sure Dribbles is ever serious?

Last time Farage had any chance for that to happen he chickened out. Tick Tock indeed.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

Happy days.
    The last time Farage got the opportunity to shoulder some responsibility he ran off to the USA saying "my work here is done".

I'm not sure Dribbles is ever serious?
    So long as it isn't just me that realises they are doing their utmost to be the ultimate windmill for prospective Don Quixote's to tilt at.

So...

We're in the second period of extra-time so when that's finished we go to a penalty shoot-out or end it and have a rematch at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Various sources are reporting that the cross party Con/Lab Brexit talks are close to collapse.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1121034335002480640
    Surprising exactly no one...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So long as it isn't just me that realises they are doing their utmost to be the ultimate windmill for prospective Don Quixote's to tilt at.
    Dude... we're back to the Pythons. Poor old Terry Gilliam. His nemesis.

In all honesty the problem is that there's no-one to argue with in this thread. Broadly, people agree with each other. I'm sure that Mr D just plays the bad guy. Pann deliberately chooses to pick people up on their accuracy (is they a senior civil servant?). We should all head over to https://forums.pattayatalk.com/topic/69350-brexit-n-golf/ and have a proper debate with some gammon.

Dude... we're back to the Pythons. Poor old Terry Gilliam. His nemesis.

In all honesty the problem is that there's no-one to argue with in this thread. Broadly, people agree with each other. I'm sure that Mr D just plays the bad guy. Pann deliberately chooses to pick people up on their accuracy (is they a senior civil servant?). We should all head over to https://forums.pattayatalk.com/topic/69350-brexit-n-golf/ and have a proper debate with some gammon.
    I agree and I think I've made a similar point myself. If Dribbs is playing devil's advocate then it's some Swiftian version where they do their best to humiliate the side they are attempting to advocate for.

I'm not sure the thread is better for it, but I do admire the commitment to satire I guess.

No satire here. Best guesses why easyjet are expanding flight operations between the UK and the EU?

There will also be more frequent flights to some of Europe’s top destinations

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-...rtures-2764504

Do you think it is because of and a benefit of brexit or is it just all the remainers fleeing the UK? Someone said once, didn't they?, that the planes wouldn't fly anymore, those easyjet dudes must be crazy no? I mean what could they possibly know about running an airline and planning around the implications of brexit?

One would think they ought to be considering mothballing their aircraft, or perhaps it was just more nonsense from project fear...

No satire here.
    You say that but then you wrote all this.

Best guesses why easyjet are expanding flight operations between the UK and the EU?

There will also be more frequent flights to some of Europe’s top destinations

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-...rtures-2764504

Do you think it is because of and a benefit of brexit or is it just all the remainers fleeing the UK? Someone said once, didn't they?, that the planes wouldn't fly anymore, those easyjet dudes must be crazy no? I mean what could they possibly know about running an airline and planning around the implications of brexit?

One would think they ought to be considering mothballing their aircraft, or perhaps it was just more nonsense from project fear...
    I question your authenticity dribbs when you once more present the perfect dragon for all the Knights of the thread.

You say that but then you wrote all this.

I question your authenticity dribbs when you once more present the perfect dragon for all the Knights of the thread.
    They are some very reasonable questions of the project fear remain lies I have asked though.

And sending a few remain knights up against an unslayable brexit dragon is not going to cut it. That is the task that remain, in order to win the debate, face. And so far I haven't come across a single white walker let alone an army of them capable of it here.

Even looking outside of this forum all remainers can put forward is Adonis up against an SBS war hero.

So on May 23 the British people have a choice. War hero JAGlancy, a retired Captain in the Royal Marines who was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for serving in Afghanistan.

Or Andrew Adonis. It's a tough one...

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...60778695610370

Remain might as well throw in the towel already.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-04-24 at 11:01 PM.

They are some very reasonable questions of the project fear remain lies I have asked though.
    Could you list them? There wasn't anything like that in the last article you linked but I'm sure the thread is clamouring for a "Best of dribbles" compilation, it's going to be slow going in here for a while so.....

And sending a few remain knights up against an unslayable brexit dragon is not going to cut it. That is the task that remain, in order to win the debate, face. And so far I haven't come across a single white walker let alone an army of them capable of it here.

Even looking outside of this forum all remainers can put forward is Adonis up against an SBS war hero.

So on May 23 the British people have a choice. War hero JAGlancy, a retired Captain in the Royal Marines who was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for serving in Afghanistan.

Or Andrew Adonis. It's a tough one...

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/...60778695610370

Remain might as well throw in the towel already.
    And again you set yourself up to be humiliated. No one is voting for your alleged war hero, no one is voting for Adonis. If the May elections happen we will be voting for parties not candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, can we all go and occupy

https://politicspoliticalforum.com/t...ssion)/page262
    How many ways can you find to write "MUH SOVEREIGNTY!".

Seriously, can we all go and occupy

https://politicspoliticalforum.com/t...ssion)/page262
    Huh, so there is an actual forum just for politics... is it better than this shitshow?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.