View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    UK will leave single market and customs union, but because of GFA and NI=UK, the whole UK is still bound by the rules of said market and union ? So why leave then ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    UK will leave single market and customs union, but because of GFA and NI=UK, the whole UK is still bound by the rules of said market and union ? So why leave then ?
    Because brexiteers are delusional crazies who don't accept mutually inconsistent things.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    I think it is important to remember that we are at the beginning of a long road and what has apparently been agreed today is not necessarily how the final deal will look. With that said May is playing a game of politics and politics are often ruled by the heart rather than the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Because brexiteers are delusional crazies who don't accept mutually inconsistent things.
    That's not strictly true but I would have thought that since you've demonstrated an extreme dislike for immigrants you'd be all for the Brexit fuckwittery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That's not strictly true but I would have thought that since
    No.
    It's strictly true.
    The only solutions that permit a soft border will necessarily undercut UK regulatory and customs autonomy -
    you've demonstrated an extreme dislike for immigrants you'd be all for the Brexit fuckwittery.
    When you find me some polish suicide bombers this makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    In which wouldn't be better to withdraw our notice and wait to be kicked out thus saving us £40b?
    Oh yes it would, but as we make history with Brexit, in the past as in right now Britain has always been ahead of the curve. You can look at it as though we are selling boosts, get your "Escape the EU" AOC achieve before the next expansion, going right now. There is always one team/country/guild to defeat the raid first, the bads will just get carried along by us in the future, at a cost to them of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The most powerful man in Germany? He isn't even on Corbyn level, lol. No one mentioned him here because A) there is already a thread for that and B) he really isn't all that powerful and few really take him seriously with that proposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, Schulz is fairly close to being replaced as the head of the SDP, he's nowhere near "powerful".
    The Grauniad is held up as a bastion of pro EU truthful light by the UK remainers and EU fanbois are you saying this from yesterdays edition is wrong and fake news?

Martin Schulz wants 'United States of Europe' within eight years

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pe-germany-sdp

Am I and the guardian in describing him as Merkels no2 and the most powerful man in Germany wrong? If only this was known at the time of the Brexit vote it wouldn't have been 52/48 more like 99/1.

Looks like the clock is ticking on the end of the EU to me, eight years at the max I'd say.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Being on the winning side of a civil war doesn't necessarily make you a "good guy".
    Never said he was good or evil.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

No.
    It's strictly true.
    No, it's really not.

When you find me some polish suicide bombers this makes sense.
    Oh, doesn't take much for it to come out. Does the colour or religion of the immigrants really make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh yes it would, but as we make history with Brexit, in the past as in right now Britain has always been ahead of the curve. You can look at it as though we are selling boosts, get your "Escape the EU" AOC achieve before the next expansion, going right now. There is always one team/country/guild to defeat the raid first, the bads will just get carried along by us in the future, at a cost to them of course.....

The Grauniad is held up as a bastion of pro EU truthful light by the UK remainers and EU fanbois are you saying this from yesterdays edition is wrong and fake news?

Am I and the guardian in describing him as Merkels no2 and the most powerful man in Germany wrong? If only this was known at the time of the Brexit vote it wouldn't have been 52/48 more like 99/1.

Looks like the clock is ticking on the end of the EU to me, eight years at the max I'd say.
    Schultz is speaking nonsense. Not all countries are using the Euro and all of the countries have their own independent fiscal policy. A "United States of Europe" cannot happen until all of the countries have a common monetary AND fiscal policy. This also doesn't answer a very fundamental question - what do I, as a Bulgarian, have in common with the Dutch?

I bet you had this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Si2H479Es playing in the background when typed that.

Right now he is nothing more than the leader of a possible coalition partner to Merkel. Most people here in Germany think he is spouting nonsense, and I do not see Merkel thinking the same way he does. Just because he is like the only other German politician you know does not make him the most powerful man in Germany. Heck, even party wise the CSU is more important than the SPD in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    I bet you had this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Si2H479Es playing in the background when typed that.
    Haha what a wonderful tune, sums it up perfectly in these days of European unity. Now where is my man from Flanders Monsieur Baron

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They'll never be able to sell that
    Monsieur Monsieur! Where are you? (may I call you that?)

Have you been busy? EU’s worst nightmare: Now FLEMISH separatists want independence from Belgium

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ls-Jan-Peumans

Got to love that European unity......

Right now he is nothing more than the leader of a possible coalition partner to Merkel. Most people here in Germany think he is spouting nonsense, and I do not see Merkel thinking the same way he does. Just because he is like the only other German politician you know does not make him the most powerful man in Germany. Heck, even party wise the CSU is more important than the SPD in the end.
    Does Angela Merkel have more than him as a choice? You say there are other possibilities of coalition? Like I say he is probably the most important man in Germany and thus the EU and his vision for it, at this minute....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Haha what a wonderful tune, sums it up perfectly in these days of European unity. Now where is my man from Flanders Monsieur Baron

Have you been busy? EU’s worst nightmare: Now FLEMISH separatists want independence from Belgium

Does Angela Merkel have more than him as a choice? You say there are other possibilities of coalition? Like I say he is probably the most important man in Germany and thus the EU and his vision for it, at this minute....
    New elections, the Greens and FDP sorting their problems out rather than playing second and third fiddle in the opposition, minority, new elections - there are options. A grand coalition would be the most expedient solution, of course, but even in that case, the SPD would have less say than the Union and the CSU would still be more important to the CDU. You are confusing a lynchpin/kingmaker of sorts with the person in charge. That is like calling Arlene Foster the most powerful woman in Britain because May needs the DUP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Schultz is speaking nonsense. Not all countries are using the Euro and all of the countries have their own independent fiscal policy. A "United States of Europe" cannot happen until all of the countries have a common monetary AND fiscal policy. This also doesn't answer a very fundamental question - what do I, as a Bulgarian, have in common with the Dutch?
    The better question would be, what does you as a bulgarian eu citizen discerns you from a dutch eu citizen. It really doesn't matter that much what your customs are compared to a dutch, german, french, spanish or italian as the world does not care for that when talking about the might of what a united states of europe could be. Think of it this way, despite having different customs or ideals, the united states of america together have way more weight than any of its states could have on its own. In my opinion, one of the greatest mistakes the EU made was to never establish a common language.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Weren't you pro-Brexit?
    You're talking to a guy that is talking smack about southern europe whenever possible while sporting different avatars from the same italian millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    New elections, the Greens and FDP sorting their problems out rather than playing second and third fiddle in the opposition, minority, new elections - there are options. A grand coalition would be the most expedient solution, of course, but even in that case, the SPD would have less say than the Union and the CSU would still be more important to the CDU. You are confusing a lynchpin/kingmaker of sorts with the person in charge. That is like calling Arlene Foster the most powerful woman in Britain because May needs the DUP.
    At that moment in time Arlene Foster was the most important person in Britain, little movement on Brexit would have been achieved and still wont without her support. As is Schulz in Germany at this time, the future or not of German government depends on him. Him/her over and above Merkel it would be fair to describe him as the most important person in Germany at the moment, without him Germany has no government.

Given his collusion with France and Macron where does that leave Merkel in the grand scheme of things, sidelined pretty much. Merkel calls another election is better to what end? The result might be similar or worse say hello to the AfD

It's better to call a spade a spade and just say hi to the US of E, let's hope all the 27 EU congregation are behind that too.

Somehow, as with the visionaries behind Brexit, I doubt they are.

At that moment in time Arlene Foster was the most important person in Britain, little movement on Brexit would have been achieved and still wont without her support. As is Schulz in Germany at this time, the future or not of German government depends on him. Him/her over and above Merkel it would be fair to describe him as the most important person in Germany at the moment, without him Germany has no government.

Given his collusion with France and Macron where does that leave Merkel in the grand scheme of things, sidelined pretty much. Merkel calls another election is better to what end? The result might be similar or worse say hello to the AfD

It's better to call a spade a spade and just say hi to the US of E, let's hope all the 27 EU congregation are behind that too.

Somehow, as with the visionaries behind Brexit, I doubt they are.
    You said most powerful, not most important though. The DUP is not controlling the British Government, now is it? May may need support here and there and has to care about them to an extent, but it is not shaping all policy. If the SPD made something like that a make or break issue for a Grand Coalition, there won't be one, pretty sure of that. They did not have too much sway in the last Grand Coalition, why should they have it now? They, too, don't want new elections.
    It is really starting to sound as if you really want some USE, just so you could use (haha) it as justification for your position. The truth is that something like that, especially in that guy's time frame, is just plain impossible. But I guess you would just prefer to live in a world of extremists on both sides. Black and White is always easier than shades of grey.

Deleted
    No, it's really not.
    It requires magical thinking to want to re-assert regulatory and customs autonomy, and then pretend there won't necessarily have to be a border.

Oh, doesn't take much for it to come out. Does the colour or religion of the immigrants really make a difference?
    I don't give a flying fuck about the color.
    I do care about the fascistic violent oppressive religion however - And that's ignoring other valid human capital concerns, housing, integration concerns, and so forth.
    So again, when the two groups approximate at all, this makes sense, but since they don't, it isn't.

This also doesn't answer a very fundamental question - what do I, as a Bulgarian, have in common with the Dutch?
    About the same as a Texan does with a New Yorker in reality. Here's something to ask you. What do YOU gain to lose if there was a USE that isn't some petty emotional nationalistic thing that is to be ignored by sane people?

USE will not be undemocratic as it wouldn't hold if it was.

Deleted

I would just like to point out the hypocrisy in claiming the EU is anymore united than our Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The better question would be, what does you as a bulgarian eu citizen discerns you from a dutch eu citizen. It really doesn't matter that much what your customs are compared to a dutch, german, french, spanish or italian as the world does not care for that when talking about the might of what a united states of europe could be. Think of it this way, despite having different customs or ideals, the united states of america together have way more weight than any of its states could have on its own. In my opinion, one of the greatest mistakes the EU made was to never establish a common language.

- - - Updated - - -

You're talking to a guy that is talking smack about southern europe whenever possible while sporting different avatars from the same italian millionaire.

The USA have a common language, common religion, common tradition and common customs. The only thing I have in common with the Dutch is that we are both European and that's it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have more in common with them as they are great people but that would take at least a century or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    About the same as a Texan does with a New Yorker in reality. Here's something to ask you. What do YOU gain to lose if there was a USE that isn't some petty emotional nationalistic thing that is to be ignored by sane people?

USE will not be undemocratic as it wouldn't hold if it was.
    Except the New Yorker and Texan have a common language and common history that goes back at least two centuries. We have been in the EU for 10 years now and we are only now starting to feel commonality with the other member countries. Like I said to Mayhem, it would take at least century for that to happen.

Personally I would lose nothing if there was a USE and I want it to happen but it can't happen now - the major barriers are the common fiscal and monetary policies (which don't exist) and the lack of a common culture. When all of the member states have adopted the Euro then we can start have any form of discussion about this.

15+ Year Old Account
    The USA have a common language, common religion, common tradition and common customs. The only thing I have in common with the Dutch is that we are both European and that's it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have more in common with them as they are great people but that would take at least a century or so.
    How do they have a common language, common religion, common traditions and common customs when they are made up of a bunch of people coming from different countries, with different religions, different traditions and different customs? Oh, by coming together and letting their nationality behind or put it in second place. Them being american was the only thing what they had in common once.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.