View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Seems now BJ is creating an issue in Northern Ireland and they want their independence question back, totally unsurprising.
    Have you got a link for this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Have you got a link for this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kot8LdUP1jQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, when you said EU bill I thought you meant that the EU withdrawal bill would need replacing, I'm with you now.

The Cooper-Letwin amendment was first introduced to the house on 3rd April and gained Royal Assent on 8th April there is no reason to believe that the house could not approve and implement a similar amendment within a comparable time frame.
    Except it is not strictly required for the government to table any more brexit legislation between now and October 31st giving nothing for MP's in parliament to amend.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/p...minster-brexit

I'm going to do it, I really really am. Tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, I mean.. the next 100 days really are full of these little events that tell you someone hasn't read the script of this movie to the end and is going to be surprised when his character gets a death scene suddenly...
    Ah seems the question the Sinn Féin leader referred to was a referendum about the border, only a few steps away from that other question though, considering their wish to remain tied with the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah considering the debate about how the NHS will look in the future considering the "friendly" ties BJ and trump want to build upon giving the UK a "great" trade deal.

This short video same in the light as the others is rather interesting, although a bit depressing for brits when that comes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Except it is not strictly required for the government to table any more brexit legislation between now and October 31st giving nothing for MP's in parliament to amend.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/p...minster-brexit

I'm going to do it, I really really am. Tick tock...
    As far as I aware, although I might be wrong, there is no requirement for any legislation to be tabled in order for an amendment to be put forward. As I understand it amendments can be tabled to a bill until it is passed as an act.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-08-01 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

This short video same in the light as the others is rather interesting, although a bit depressing for brits when that comes to pass.

For the benefit of the dull-witted eurotrash and the Blairites that seem to be the only permitted British viewpoints in this thread: I cannot underestimate how f***ing annoying it is to be told about the privatization of the NHS by smug liberals.

The privatization began years ago: the NHS was originally controlled by the state but is now mostly infested by private corporations offering private services. Smug clueless liberals didn't raise a fucking finger to stop this and now expect everyone to rally around to save the NHS because it happens to coincide with their narrow parochial interests,

Liberals actually presided over this transition during the New Labour years and under the coalition government.
    Last edited by tandath; 2019-08-01 at 09:57 PM.

It's being reported that it is close but the LDs think they might have won the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election which would reduce the Cons' working majority to just one. However it is worth noting that the all other remain supporting parties pulled out leaving just the LDs to represent remain whereas the Cons had to compete against the BXP and UKIP so it will not be as simple as declaring it a remain victory if the LDs do win.

It's being reported that it is close but the LDs think they might have won the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election which would reduce the Cons' working majority to just one. However it is worth noting that the all other remain supporting parties pulled out leaving just the LDs to represent remain whereas the Cons had to compete against the BXP and UKIP so it will not be as simple as declaring it a remain victory if the LDs do win.
    Honestly if they do win then I guess they can claim it a remain win as much as BXP claim their votes in Euro election = a victory for brexit when they didn't reach 50%. Though it seems likely that the monster raving looney party is going to get more votes than UKIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly if they do win then I guess they can claim it a remain win as much as BXP claim their votes in Euro election = a victory for brexit when they didn't reach 50%. Though it seems likely that the monster raving looney party is going to get more votes than UKIP.
    Love the "if" about information everyone but the terminally clueless knew four hours before you posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm sure that (splutter) Change UK and the Greens would have picked up a huge share of the vote.....

- - - Updated - - -

No it was high because we are a heavy import nation. The reason for that is that this country is fucking tiny, meaning it doesn't have the natural resources to produce products that will be used both internally and exported. Last time our economy was in any way good position was just before the 2008 crash. Where was the £? It was basically the strongest it's been for a long time at over $2.

What happens every time the UK economy flounders. People do a run on the pound and it becomes weak. Happened in the early 80s, Happened when the tories fucked up in the early 90s. Happened again when the brexit vote happened. When the economy was good the pound strengthens and people can purchase more. Economy runs good.

If remain had won we'd likely be about $1.70 - $1.80 = £1 due to where it was before everyone got worried about the vote happening and then the second collapse when leave cheated to win. Fuel costs alone would be instead of heading to £1.30 a litre closer to £1, which would make everything else cheaper as costs would be lower. Collapsing strength of a currency has never been good and always been a sign of someone is fucking up big time. Just because it's the UK doesn't mean it's somehow different. This country is not some stupid awesome can do no wrong.

Also the reason why you think Centrists are like mail readers is because you are so far into far left insanity Trotski would look like a rightist to you and your delusional fantasy world.
    I noticed you ignored the bit where I said if you think the UK economy will crash put all your money in euros. You haven't done that and you wouldn't do that because you people are all mouth.

Why are there a bunch of alt accounts going on this discussion? why hide behind them alt accounts? Too scared to use your main account?

Anyway, Dribbles, if im correct: you want a deal with the EU right? Where the borders are closed and a great trade deal benefitting both the EU and the UK (or so they say) and not pay the withdrawal fee, and a bunch of other measures and deals?

And someone, after all those years of getting saved (like people said during the late 50's, and mid 80's) and getting to keep the Pound, yet enjoy the free movement of goods (and less so *cheap* people) without having the cost of tariffs, and waiting times at entry points in your said country. (Waiting time means: increased overhead costs, ie work hours, administration = higher import prices for target country)

Yet after all we did (USA/EU even let you keep your hecking Commonwealth) to you, you decide best to leave them cuz some illogical reasons and some red herring the USA gave you about a great trade deal. (you wont get it... America First, means America First.....Don't pretend they will shaft you over... if you pretend that, your so mistaken in current geopolitics its scary) And still moan about the EU....

Personally, im sick and tired of most brexiteers.... But if shit hits the fan because you fellas were so stupid to believe fairy tales/half truths and lies...dont come blaming the fucking EU......
    Last edited by Fuiking; 2019-08-02 at 02:18 AM. Reason: ehm changed abit.. poor brexiteers...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Why are there a bunch of alt accounts going on this discussion? why hide behind them alt accounts? Too scared to use your main account?

Anyway, Dribbles, if im correct: you want a deal with the EU right? Where the borders are closed and a great trade deal benefitting both the EU and the UK (or so they say) and not pay the withdrawal fee, and a bunch of other measures and deals?
    I think he wants a hard/no deal brexit

He insulted basically everyone not far left. Got banned, claims some conspiracy against him. Gets new account banned and immediately makes a new one. Keeps repeating.

7+ Year Old Account

And someone, after all those years of getting saved (like people said during the late 50's, and mid 80's) and getting to keep the Pound, yet enjoy the free movement of goods (and less so *cheap* people) without having the cost of tariffs, and waiting times at entry points in your said country. (Waiting time means: increased overhead costs, ie work hours, administration = higher import prices for target country)

Yet after all we did (USA/EU even let you keep your hecking Commonwealth) to you, you decide best to leave them cuz some illogical reasons and some red herring the USA gave you about a great trade deal. (you wont get it... America First, means America First.....Don't pretend they will shaft you over... if you pretend that, your so mistaken in current geopolitics its scary) And still moan about the EU....

Personally, im sick and tired of most brexiteers.... But if shit hits the fan because you fellas were so stupid to believe fairy tales/half truths and lies...dont come blaming the fucking EU......
    I want a good deal with the EU, but no deal is better than a bad deal. First time you heard this? You expect me to thank the EU Reich for them allowing us to keep the pound and the commonwealth?

The level of delusional EU indoctrination is strong in this one people...

I tell you what, you be happy in the United States of Europe, I'll be happy outside of it. Deal?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I want a good deal with the EU, but no deal is better than a bad deal. First time you heard this? You expect me to thank the EU Reich for them allowing us to keep the pound and the commonwealth?

The level of delusional EU indoctrination is strong in this one people...

I tell you what, you be happy in the United States of Europe, I'll be happy outside of it. Deal?
    You should be thankful about that... but you wont see the benefits unity gives in the outside world...

Newsflash: The British Empire is DEAD ... Without the unity of the EU we will be picked off one by one by the US, China and Russia and maybe even India.

But whatever happens: If the UK gets split and collapses because of no deal, dont come blaming the EU.. blame your lying politicians.

He insulted basically everyone not far left. Got banned, claims some conspiracy against him. Gets new account banned and immediately makes a new one. Keeps repeating.
    On a whim I tried to ask him two separate times but by the time he actually gets around to responding to me, he gets deleted so I gave up. Just going to take your answer for why he account spams and leave it at that. Now to figure out why "US is number 1!" keeps spamming his accounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    So burner is saying dribbles has a liberal pro-eu viewpoint. @dribbles what do you say about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    On a whim I tried to ask him two separate times but by the time he actually gets around to responding to me, he gets deleted so I gave up. Just going to take your answer for why he account spams and leave it at that. Now to figure out why "US is number 1!" keeps spamming his accounts.
    Both of them are posters whos main accounts were permanently banned, so they generate burner accounts to troll threads and insult people, until the blues ban the accounts and wipe their posts, then rinse and repeat.

On topic, Tories lost another seat in a by-election last night and Boris is down to a working majority of just 1.

September should be fun when Parliament reconvenes.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by thanwith View Post
    Very obviously because all responses in this thread not supporting a liberal pro-eu viewpoint get deleted. Do you not understand most people in the UK are not crazy about the EU?

A question for you: why do you care what a small self-appointed group of tinpot authoritarians think?
    That's simply not true. I'm consistently accused of being a Brexiteer by some of the less informed posters for not blowing sunshine up the collect EU arse and I am yet to have a single post deleted. And I might be wrong but I don't think having posts deleted is a issue that dribbles has experienced either.

I suggest that the problem you're experiencing is a lot closer to home.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So burner is saying dribbles has a liberal pro-eu viewpoint. @dribbles what do you say about that?
    I'd vote for anyone that would take us out of the disastrous EU - Corbyn, Cameron, Mussolini or even my dog if they would deliver that.

Once Brexit is resolved and normal service to the Tory party is resumed by removing the Lib Dem infection left over from the Clegg/Cameron days at the next election they'd probably get my X.

And then I might even begin to love you again eurochums...

Quote Originally Posted by thanwith View Post
    Dribbles has been banned. But I get the impression that generally he's allowed to post because he is very much the stereotype of the Brexiteer the remain camp would like. Without him providing a source of dissent then you essentially you have nothing but double-digit IQ morons re-tweeting things from the Guardian about how bad everything is and the thread would die.

The fact that you are accused of being a Brexiteer is pretty much evidence of the bias on this forum. The fact is, you are not. You'd have to be unbelievably insular to think otherwise.

The probability of any unbiased forum producing so many people from a very narrow area of the British political spectrum is statistically insignificant, as should be obvious, it is not really something you can plausibly contest.
    Despite claims to the contrary dribbles and I are not the same person so I cannot confirm whether or not he has been banned in the past however a number of posters have at one point or another been banned from posting during their time on MMO-C and in all but the most serious cases these bans are temporary. dribbles is allowed post simply because he does not break the rules - there's nothing more to it than that.

You on the other hand continually and persistently break the rules and for that reason you are "de-platformed".

The fact that I am accused of being a Brexiteer is not evidence of the forum being biased more that certain posters are unable to comprehend that their ideas are being challenged because they lack knowledge on the subject and therefore must invent some other reason as to why this happening. Sound familiar?

Echo chambers are nothing new on the internet and whilst this thread is uncertainly biased it does not follow that the forum or the moderation is as well.

In short, whilst you believe yourself to have an extremely important message that must be shared - kinda like the messiah - the rest of the forum, including those tasked with enforcing the rules, think that you're a very naughty boy!
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-08-02 at 03:48 PM.