View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    can you post something good about brexit please
    It'll only be positives for the EU tbh. (I realise that it's a lose/lose situation, but the EU gaining jobs is better than not, even tho brexit overall is a great loss for both)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Your compass must be really off, to think calling some a cunt, a nazi etc is ok, when all i asked was for your to be fair and post positives for brexit too.

So no, its not how dare i, being called a cunt is not playing the victim card, being called a nazi is not playing the victim card. If you can not see this, there is something wrong with your values.

End of story

Imagine someone saying it's ok to call someone a nazi when they are not.

What if i start calling you a pedo for the hell of it, i bet you would soon change your tune.
    There are none. There are neutrals at best or positives for other countries, but there are no positives for brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Your compass must be really off, to think calling some a cunt, a nazi etc is ok, when all i asked was for your to be fair and post positives for brexit too.

So no, its not how dare i, being called a cunt is not playing the victim card, being called a nazi is not playing the victim card. If you can not see this, there is something wrong with your values.

End of story

Imagine someone saying it's ok to call someone a nazi when they are not.

What if i start calling you a pedo for the hell of it, i bet you would soon change your tune.
    “Being fair” does not equate to giving as many gold stars as red pen.

If your son comes home with a heroin needle, and tells you he’s gonna start using, but he wants you to look at the bright side, the best you could come up with is “wel you’re gonna feel relaxed for a bit atleast, and PROBABLY won’t die immediately”.

If there’s positives about Brexit, bring them into the thread and we’ll discuss em. We can’t discuss things we don’t see, or don’t exist. And THAT is fair.

Crowing about the lack of apparent benefits of Brexit in the first month (or even half a year, considering the time it took to get to this point) after it happens *does* seem kinda petty.

Someone made an analogy to cutting off your own healthy leg for no apparent reason. This is akin to asking the person moments after surgery "Does it hurt? Nya haa we told you it would be painful!"

Of course it hurts, the Brexit crowd *for the most part* were very upfront about being willing to take the hit in order to reclaim so-called "sovereignty". The pain is part of the deal. Can we give it a bit longer, so we're *really* in the shit before we start the "look we were right" chants.

I say this as someone fully expecting this to be akin to cutting off a perfectly healthy leg for no apparent reason, all the while sticking 2 fingers up to our neighbours in the process. But things are gonna be a hot mess for a while and this was expected, at least. If benefits were ALREADY very obvious, that would be a pretty damning indictment of EU membership, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If benefits were ALREADY very obvious, that would be a pretty damning indictment of EU membership, no?
    Wasn't that one of the big lies of Brexit though? That EU is a failing union and that it's more detrimental to be part of the EU than to strike it out on your own?

Crowing about the lack of apparent benefits of Brexit in the first month (or even half a year, considering the time it took to get to this point) after it happens *does* seem kinda petty.

Someone made an analogy to cutting off your own healthy leg for no apparent reason. This is akin to asking the person moments after surgery "Does it hurt? Nya haa we told you it would be painful!"

Of course it hurts, the Brexit crowd *for the most part* were very upfront about being willing to take the hit in order to reclaim so-called "sovereignty". The pain is part of the deal. Can we give it a bit longer, so we're *really* in the shit before we start the "look we were right" chants.

I say this as someone fully expecting this to be akin to cutting off a perfectly healthy leg for no apparent reason, all the while sticking 2 fingers up to our neighbours in the process. But things are gonna be a hot mess for a while and this was expected, at least. If benefits were ALREADY very obvious, that would be a pretty damning indictment of EU membership, no?
    Who is the person demanding that we post good news about Brexit? It's sircaw. He's the one that believes that not only should there be good news about Brexit already apparent, but that we should be focusing on it and ignoring the bad news.

So have a word with him about whether it's fair to expect to find good news at this point in the Brexit process. Don't expect the conversation to progress very well, mind you, he's still hung up on that one time someone called him a bad word. Which stops him from being able to post any actual good news himself.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wasn't that one of the big lies of Brexit though? That EU is a failing union and that it's more detrimental to be part of the EU than to strike it out on your own?
    Yes, words to that effect.

All I'm saying is it's probably a little early to tell. I fully expect that 5 years down the line it will be more obvious what a foolish decision it was.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, words to that effect.

All I'm saying is it's probably a little early to tell. I fully expect that 5 years down the line it will be more obvious what a foolish decision it was.
    I think it's plenty obvious already. Don't really need to see if a cut off leg is still cut off, 5 years down the line.

Some positives about Brexit might have emerged by then, but that's not much of a consolation.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think it's plenty obvious already. Don't really need to see if a cut off leg is still cut off, 5 years down the line.

Some positives about Brexit might have emerged by then, but that's not much of a consolation.
    Depends how things change between now and then, and believe me if we end up "on top" I'm sure it will be more through blind luck than any actual planned course of action taken. The leg may still be cut off but if it turns out it was cancer ridden in those 5 years the decision to remove it might turn out to have been the better one. Might.

But a lot of the last 25 or so pages have been pointing at stupid shit and saying "SEE! Told you it was a bad idea" and that just seems a little pre-emptive at this point. I'd have thought anyone on either side of the debate would agree that the first month is not going to be a fair indicator.

I mean, if it's mostly because Dribbles is a bit of a cunt who's great at pushing peoples buttons and people want to bite back at him then fill your boots I suppose
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-03 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

The Brexit crowd promised sunlit uplands with an EU free trade agreement being the easiest thing in history to negotiate, the issues in NI magically evaporating, countries lining up to give us the best trade agreements, an instant £350m cash injection (which turned out to be a lie three ways,) a new golden age of British fishing and a unicorn for every household. I don't think there were many people voted for Brexit knowing that their businesses will go bust in the months/years/generations it will take to sort this mess out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't think there were many people voted for Brexit knowing that their businesses will go bust in the months/years/generations it will take to sort this mess out.
    At the same time I distinctly recall a fair amount of "Yes, it will cost us in the short term, but it will be worth it".

Personally I'll happily concede bugger all knowledge of politics, business and economics, and that my decision to vote remain was entirely ideological, in the same way that I'm sure a lot of the Leave vote was.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2021-02-03 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    can you post something good about brexit please
    Address my post and stop trying to hide the fact that your behavior was disgusting.

Labeling people Nazi's for no good reason is shameful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Who is the person demanding that we post good news about Brexit? It's sircaw. He's the one that believes that not only should there be good news about Brexit already apparent, but that we should be focusing on it and ignoring the bad news.

So have a word with him about whether it's fair to expect to find good news at this point in the Brexit process. Don't expect the conversation to progress very well, mind you, he's still hung up on that one time someone called him a bad word. Which stops him from being able to post any actual good news himself.
    i bet if i called you cunt or a naz, a simple bad word, you would run to the mods in an instant. don't be a hypocrite, please.

And considering you guys do mass reporting it seems your feelings are easily hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It'll only be positives for the EU tbh. (I realize that it's a lose/lose situation, but the EU gaining jobs is better than not, even tho brexit overall is a great loss for both)

what a contradiction in that sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    There are none. There are neutrals at best or positives for other countries, but there are no positives for brexit.
    what has your answer got to do with my quote, did you actually read it, are you trying to divert my post, are you trying to save Jonny? lol
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-02-03 at 10:50 AM.

You can cal me a cunt or a Nazi if that would help balance things.
    Now how about you stop procrastinating and suggest something positive about Brexit - It doesn't have to be something concrete that has happened yet, but do better than a 'maybe the Empire will come back' or 'EU bad but we're out. Yay!'. If you want the discussion to take a different direction at least you could attempt to contribute to said direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    You can cal me a cunt or a Nazi if that would help balance things.
    Now how about you stop procrastinating and suggest something positive about Brexit - It doesn't have to be something concrete that has happened yet, but do better than a 'maybe the Empire will come back' or 'EU bad but we're out. Yay!'. If you want the discussion to take a different direction at least you could attempt to contribute to said direction.
    i already did if you recall, 6 points a number of pages back,

And no I won't call you a cunt or a nazi, it's disgusting behavior and should be condemned by everyone, for some reason people like you are defending it, very very strange.

Think about it for a while, are you really defending a person/persons for acting this way.

What would your family say, i bet they would say, " you got this one wrong"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    Well,

This discussion about the "benefits" is a lot less one-dimensional than many people would like to acknowledge it is.

Gaining sovereignty would in itself be a great 'benefit' already.

Negatives however? I compare this to certain religious nations or groupings who willfully ignore metrics such as: productivity, economic growth, etc. because none of it is relevant to their main purpose. I imagine for the few intelligent Brexiteers that are out there, that there are more esoteric and non-material benefits to Brexit, possibly in relation to the value they put in culture, anti-globalism and such.
    They lost sovereignty and influence not gained any as it is measured by how much you can enforce it and influence others. The only thing they gained is the illusion that they can decide on matters without considering others.

Not sure what religion has to do in any of this, guess that's something you have a weird obsession with hence trying to inject that in this conversation or a lack of understanding geo politics / global economics are a combination of all of them.

The intelligent brexiteers are in general the opposite of patriots and were in there to personally enrich themselves or further enforce a certain ideology or set of values on the people, so in that sense i suppose that the political conservative class in the UK does have similarities to that of let's say Iran, but in Iran they appear on the surface to at least care more about the overall citizen well being.

There are Brexit positives but they aren't positives for the majority of it's citizens, more for a small select club who are now happy because they can deregulate and abolish people rights, worker rights, food, healthy and safety standards. While That in general does not have to be a negative if it were to be replaced by something better, but everyone with a set of eyes and ears have seen how the current UK government including the main opposition functions what is a combination of incompetence and perhaps even malicious intend.

There is still a complete lack of future vision or plan or perhaps there is one but it's kept under wraps because simply stating that the NHS will be privatized more and more over the years and businesses will continue to gain rights at the cost of worker rights or others such as environmental is even for the average joe and jane a bit hard to swallow and accept.

The UK politically was for a long time in decline and had serious issues, removing themselves from the EU is not going to fix any of that or any of the domestic issues, something brexiteers were hoping on most likely.

It says a lot that advocates of the Brexit here can't even link a positive study by economists or just about anything of something that might happen.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2021-02-03 at 11:20 AM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

It's not up to us to post positives when we argue that there are basically none. We couldn't, even if we wanted to. That's because there is no positive to it. Feel free to prove us wrong by posting something good about it yourself. But I gather that you're not very keen on actually putting an effort in to back your statements up. You're just here to complain and derail the thread, aren't you.

- - - Updated - - -

Address my post and stop trying to hide the fact that your behavior was disgusting.
    Getting the other side to argue your case for you is not the smartest strategy in discussions. Good luck with that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's not up to us to post positives when we argue that there are basically none. We couldn't, even if we wanted to. That's because there is no positive to it. Feel free to prove us wrong by posting something good about it yourself. But I gather that you're not very keen on actually putting an effort in to back your statements up. You're just here to complain and derail the thread, aren't you.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting the other side to argue your case for you is not the smartest strategy in discussions. Good luck with that.

Stop trying to deviate from my post, why are you defending his language and his insults.

Do you think calling someone a cunt for no reason is acceptable?

Your from Germany are you not? do you think Jonnysennsible calling me a Nazi is acceptable? Thats is pretty disgusting is it not?

I would love to hear your take on it, especially from someone who knows how abhorrent those types of people are?
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-02-03 at 11:28 AM.

Stop trying to deviate from my post, why are you defending his language and his insults.

Do you think calling someone a cunt for no reason is acceptable?

Your from Germany are you not? do you think Jonnysennsible calling me a Nazi is acceptable? Thats is pretty disgusting is it not?

I would love to hear your take on it, especially from someone who knows how abhorrent those types of people are?
    Stop deflecting. Post something positive about Brexit yourself and stop asking other people to make your case for you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Stop deflecting. Post something positive about Brexit yourself and stop asking other people to make your case for you.
    So hard for you to condemn people's bad behavior is it not Slant. But we both know why.

I expected better.

As for deflecting bit about my post today, since i have come back from my mass reported banning, i have concentrated on the insults i received, if you don't like it, don't reply to it, it's simple.

I have been called a cunt,
    Simple-minded,
    A nazi,
    A fascist,
    i have been mass reported for asking to people to report not only negatives but both positives about brexit.
    I have been banned for keeping a civil discourse while others seemly get to insult me for free.
    Made fun of, because of my dyslexia, which is an all-time low.

I have been told, i am over-sensitive because i was on the end of a bad word lol.

Now you slant are telling me i am deflecting lol, you can make this shit up.

you would think that everyone in this thread would be disgusted by someone who uses the language that has been used against me for sharing my opinion, but no, somehow i am the villain.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-02-03 at 12:06 PM.

So hard for you to condemn, people's bad behavior is it not Slant. But we both know why.

I expected better.

As for deflecting my post today, since i have come back from my mass reported banning, its all about the insults i received, if you don't like it, don't reply to it, it's simple.
    Again the deflection. This is the third time I'm telling you to point out the positive yourself. I must assume at this point that you do not know of any positives. Which raises the question why you demand that the people arguing there are no positives post something positive about Brexit.

Despite my experience, I'm going to have to report your post. Fat chance the decrepit mod team is going to do anything about it, but apparently that is the only thing left for me to do here.