View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Is that the royal version of kinky?
    Certain nutters think that the Royal family was involved with Diana's death and her car was allegedly hit by a white Fiat Uno before it crashed.

Now you've made me explain it I feel bad. And I am definitely going to hell! Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Do you really think a story that is full of lines such as "i has been told.", "A source claims", "The alleged consultations", "One well-placed source", etc is worthy of being taken seriously? It's a nothing story.
    In all seriousness I would be a bit careful here. Unfortunately many groping/squeezing and more generally abuse stories face the same criticism. They are trivially easy to dismiss and discredit and tremendously hard to prove.

- - - Updated - - -

Certain nutters think that the Royal family was involved with Diana's death and her car was allegedly hit by a white Fiat Uno before it crashed.

Now you've made me explain it I feel bad. And I am definitely going to hell! Thanks very much!
    Now go to bed and think about what you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0930/1079253-border

Here we are, the latest stupid plan that would go no where. Where if the 0.1% chance was accepted would be target number 1 when the troubles resume.
    It's going nowhere but in fairness that is more sensible than I expected.

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness I would be a bit careful here. Unfortunately many groping/squeezing and more generally abuse stories face the same criticism. They are trivially easy to dismiss and discredit and tremendously hard to prove.
    What? One minute we're (or at least I was) talking about the Queen supposedly seeking advice to sack Johnson (that is where the quotes come from) and now you're talking about abuse?

Now go to bed and think about what you've done.
    You can't tell me what to do! You're not my Mum!

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Exactly that he squeezed her thigh what the hell else did you think I was talking about are you just being a damned troll at this point?! Also the allergations of paying that american model £126k from public funding while having an affair with her.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/29/ex-mo...ayor-10826960/
    didn't he fuck a dead pigs head with Cameron though.... i mean theres squeezing a thigh and paying of a model but i mean he all ready committed bestial necrophilia. im not sure how you can go lower than that bar.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the people at my work is convinced of this and also that shes planning to bump of Meghan Markle for being American......

What? One minute we're (or at least I was) talking about the Queen supposedly seeking advice to sack Johnson (that is where the quotes come from) and now you're talking about abuse?

You can't tell me what to do! You're not my Mum!
    There were two parts, I thought in the first one you were dismissing the thigh squeezing thing because of the "allegation" "somebody said" etc .. Which unfortunately is often the case in cases were men in position of power take "liberties" with women. I was just saying you shouldn't dismiss those so lightly because there is a tremedous bias as to where the burden of proof lies, and the proof that is needed.
    Now if I'm completely off the mark and the conversation with Pann was about something else, my apologies.

Well then. Call me Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

one of the people at my work is convinced of this and also that shes planning to bump of Meghan Markle for being American......
    Express or Mail reader? They're the ones who have the whole Diana thing.

I think she reached the age where she doesn't care anymore. But I like to picture her sitting in Balmoral, sipping whiskey, and scold her buttler when she sees BoJo enter the room : "Alfred, I told you so many times! No peddlers!" just to embarrass the fucker.
    I'd just intentionally embarrass people, not plot murder, if I were her.

There were two parts, I thought in the first one you were dismissing the thigh squeezing thing because of the "allegation" "somebody said" etc .. Which unfortunately is often the case in cases were men in position of power take "liberties" with women. I was just saying you shouldn't dismiss those so lightly because there is a tremedous bias as to where the burden of proof lies, and the proof that is needed.
    Now if I'm completely off the mark and the conversation with Pann was about something else, my apologies.

Well then. Call me Daddy
    No, not at all. I think that the thigh squeezing allegation is extremely serious and if proven (which I appreciate is probably impossible after 20 years) I fully support Johnson feeling the full force of the law. However we are now in a situation where Johnson's supporters believe that it is a politically motivated lie whilst his detractors believe that it is just the tip of the iceberg and I do not think either position is reasonable or helpful in finding the truth.

I bet you say that to all the boys.

- - - Updated - - -

'You've probably got this from someone else already, but I am told that at a meeting of the parliamentary Labour Party tonight MPs of the left and right, and in Leave and Remain seats, were "unanimous that Brexit must be resolved BEFORE an election either through...

a confirmatory public public vote on any new deal Johnson agrees with the EU or via a government of national unity that would then deliver a referendum". Though apparently there was a rider this would only be mandatory "if Johnson tries to break the law again", so if...

he ignores that Benn act that would force him to request a Brexit delay. This is Labour MPs broadly saying no resolution of Brexit till March (probably) and no general election till after that. It would mean that in effect this would be a country without any kind of meaningful...

government till well into the spring. Which feels odd, even by today's standards of political oddness, if by no means impossible in these strange times.'

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1178790639162609665

Express or Mail reader? They're the ones who have the whole Diana thing.
    there like 55 and live by the sea so any ones guess, could be getting there news via fortune cookies.....

- - - Updated - - -

No, not at all. I think that the thigh squeezing allegation is extremely serious and if proven (which I appreciate is probably impossible after 20 years) I fully support Johnson feeling the full force of the law. However we are now in a situation where Johnson's supporters believe that it is a politically motivated lie whilst his detractors believe that it is just the tip of the iceberg and I do not think either position is reasonable or helpful in finding the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

'You've probably got this from someone else already, but I am told that at a meeting of the parliamentary Labour Party tonight MPs of the left and right, and in Leave and Remain seats, were "unanimous that Brexit must be resolved BEFORE an election either through...

a confirmatory public public vote on any new deal Johnson agrees with the EU or via a government of national unity that would then deliver a referendum". Though apparently there was a rider this would only be mandatory "if Johnson tries to break the law again", so if...

he ignores that Benn act that would force him to request a Brexit delay. This is Labour MPs broadly saying no resolution of Brexit till March (probably) and no general election till after that. It would mean that in effect this would be a country without any kind of meaningful...

government till well into the spring. Which feels odd, even by today's standards of political oddness, if by no means impossible in these strange times.'

there is no way a government of national unity can last till march, if one is even possible. the stalemate of no PM Corbyn but no labour without PM Corbyn is still unresolved i cannot see the Lib Dem's, Green, TIG and Tory rebels propping up a Corbyn government for more than is required to get the extension.

- - - Updated - - -

I think she reached the age where she doesn't care anymore. But I like to picture her sitting in Balmoral, sipping whiskey, and scold her buttler when she sees BoJo enter the room : "Alfred, I told you so many times! No peddlers!" just to embarrass the fucker.
    I'd just intentionally embarrass people, not plot murder, if I were her.
    sometimes i do wish she was more open on her thought on world leaders, so far all we know is about that time she hid in a bush to avoid the President of some eastern European nation during soviet times...

if i was the queen i think id actually come on forums like this anon to complain about all the people around me, probably start embarrassing online rumors based in half truths about people in power to see how far they spread.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-30 at 10:18 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok good.
    Maybe the EU should play a royal Uno and whoever wins decides what happens to the UK? Lilibeth vs Willem Alexander (NL), Philippe (BE), Margrethe (DK),Henri (LU), Felippe (ES), Carl (SE). You're lucky Andorra is not in or you'd have Macron too.

there is no way a government of national unity can last till march, if one is even possible. the stalemate of no PM Corbyn but no labour without PM Corbyn is still unresolved i cannot see the Lib Dem's, Green, TIG and Tory rebels propping up a Corbyn government for more than is required to get the extension.
    Agreed, there are significant, possibly insurmountable, hurdles to this idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok good.
    Maybe the EU should play a royal Uno and whoever wins decides what happens to the UK? Lilibeth vs Willem Alexander (NL), Philippe (BE), Margrethe (DK),Henri (LU), Felippe (ES), Carl (SE). You're lucky Andorra is not in or you'd have Macron too.
    I am confident that the Queen could take them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    And this is just hysterical.

"i has now been told that the Queen personally asked for advice on the constitutional circumstances in which she can effectively sack a prime minister."
    Basically if he refuses to step aside after a VONC, she could and probably would sack him. And it would be constitutionally sound to do so if the anti-brexit coalition had a clear majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    probably abit of a womanizer
    The guy literally doesn't know how many kids he has. He's had several marriages split up because of his adultery.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0930/1079253-border
    Here we are, the latest stupid plan that would go no where. Where if the 0.1% chance was accepted would be target number 1 when the troubles resume.
    So uh, a hard border with checkpoints set further back? That's still a fucking hard border...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Basically if he refuses to step aside after a VONC, she could and probably would sack him. And it would be constitutionally sound to do so if the anti-brexit coalition had a clear majority.

The guy literally doesn't know how many kids he has. He's had several marriages split up because of his adultery.

So uh, a hard border with checkpoints set further back? That's still a fucking hard border...
    the northern Irish problem is one that i don't think there is any solution too.....

i would be awfully shocked if the IRA and the unionists decided not to take any excuse to start killing each other again.

10+ Year Old Account
    the northern Irish problem is one that i don't think there is any solution too.....

i would be awfully shocked if the IRA and the unionists decided not to take any excuse to start killing each other again.
    I don’t think they ever really stopped, but rather just toned it down.

But if the best solution they can come up with is a Korean style DMZ, then yeah, this is not reconcilable.

I don’t think they ever really stopped, but rather just toned it down.

But if the best solution they can come up with is a Korean style DMZ, then yeah, this is not reconcilable.
    Loosing the boarder was a big blow to the IRA steangly in the conflict. The IRA relied on the hard border strangely alot to hide weapons away from British jurisdiction, and to escape justice and reprisals, though the Irish goverment did try to help the brits crack down on the IRA, especially in the later years, there wasn't the trust and information sharing that goes on within the EU that made it nearly impossible for the IRA to keep conducting its self like it had done.

If the hard boarder returns it is imperative that Northern Irish and the Republic of Ireland can at least keep up the level of cooperation they enjoy now to keep the IRA down.

Though this time round if the troubles start again i don't think it will last as long as the last time, the IRA and the unionists don't enjoy anywhere near the levels of support and public approval they had back in the 70s and 80s with most of the younger generation being far less religious (which is the real root of the problem catholics v protestant) and far more globalist and less nationalistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So reading on the new agreement, it seems that Johnson's government is abandoning the concept of the all-island economy in no uncertain terms.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how that can be possible without some specific deal. Sharing secure information requires that.
    Yea it needs to be a deal done between the UK and Ireland, and quickly in the case of a nodeal.

Both the UK and the Republic don't want a return of the troubles, it was economically damaging for the whole of Ireland enough the last time.

I honestly don't think we will see anything to the scale of the Troubles. They just don't have the resources they had back then. Don't get me wrong, there will be vandalism and perhaps a few cases of terrorism and it should be avoided but it will not be as frequent as it was back then.

Also I am not sure the UK can possibly access ECRIS after Brexit.
    Let's not forget, the IRA and Troubles was connected to a wider network of anarchist terrorist groups of which to my knowledge only ETA still exists today. Germany's RAF is pretty much gone, the last news we heard was that a few fringe members of the core group did some bank robbery a few years ago. The PLO is gone, Lebanon is rather quiet these days, there is no connection between the new terror groups like ISIS and Taliban to the IRA that we know of... and I'm fairly certain the IRA wouldn't resort to collaborating with ISIS anyway.

I think you're right, if anything happens, it'll be very much smaller and less impactful than the Troubles in the 80s/90s. But all they need is one well placed car bomb to do what a terror group does: Instill terror. So let's not underestimate the danger.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I honestly don't think we will see anything to the scale of the Troubles. They just don't have the resources they had back then. Don't get me wrong, there will be vandalism and perhaps a few cases of terrorism and it should be avoided but it will not be as frequent as it was back then.

Also I am not sure the UK can possibly access ECRIS after Brexit.
    I think there will be incidents, but I agree there's Alot of factors against it being of the scale it was last time.

Most of the IRA members are in there 50s and 60s with very little new blood. The popularity of the unionist and IRA groups has been in terminal decline since the end of the 80s amongst the youth.

Lack of public support, the shooting this year was a lipmus test with only one radical far left publication supporting the action but the vadt majority of the public both republican and Union condemning them.

Much improved counter terrorism tactics and intelligence thanks to years of the war on terror.

Much better relations with the Republic who also dosnt want to see new troubles, the Republic did help last time with stamping out the IRA but it was a cat and mouse game at the boarder, should be far more effective now.

The wider funding network has long since collapsed, the guns and cash flowing in from American Irish just isn't there anymore.

The wider far left terrorist network died a death in the mid 90s as Slant pointed out, likly due to the collapse of the soviet Union in the early 90s who were often the bank and facilitators behind those groups. Eta has gone dark and so has N17 which I think were the only 2 left.

So I doubt it will be isis level of terrorism if it kicks of again, if it kicks off I imagine it will be more like the current problems with far right terrorists, intermitant loan actors with only the basic levels of coordination and a common ideology. More "inspired by" attacks than a planed coordinated effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, there are significant, possibly insurmountable, hurdles to this idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I am confident that the Queen could take them!
    I bet the queen has a nasty left hook. Bojo could well do with staying out of her range if he wants to give her any more "advice"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there will be incidents, but I agree there's Alot of factors against it being of the scale it was last time.

Most of the IRA members are in there 50s and 60s with very little new blood. The popularity of the unionist and IRA groups has been in terminal decline since the end of the 80s amongst the youth.

Lack of public support, the shooting this year was a lipmus test with only one radical far left publication supporting the action but the vadt majority of the public both republican and Union condemning them.

Much improved counter terrorism tactics and intelligence thanks to years of the war on terror.

Much better relations with the Republic who also dosnt want to see new troubles, the Republic did help last time with stamping out the IRA but it was a cat and mouse game at the boarder, should be far more effective now.

The wider funding network has long since collapsed, the guns and cash flowing in from American Irish just isn't there anymore.

The wider far left terrorist network died a death in the mid 90s as Slant pointed out, likly due to the collapse of the soviet Union in the early 90s who were often the bank and facilitators behind those groups. Eta has gone dark and so has N17 which I think were the only 2 left.

So I doubt it will be isis level of terrorism if it kicks of again, if it kicks off I imagine it will be more like the current problems with far right terrorists, intermitant loan actors with only the basic levels of coordination and a common ideology. More "inspired by" attacks than a planed coordinated effort.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet the queen has a nasty left hook. Bojo could well do with staying out of her range if he wants to give her any more "advice"
    Methods will just change. They'll take tips from ISIS and white supremacists who seem quite capable of killing a lot of people very cheaply, if that's what they wish to do.

Methods will just change. They'll take tips from ISIS and white supremacists who seem quite capable of killing a lot of people very cheaply, if that's what they wish to do.
    The method of isis is the old school method, network of dark funds from wealth and state benefactors feeding into an arms supply and headed up by a very orgonised command structure with direction and a targeted orgonised recruiting effort to supply willing sheep.

The White supremacist terrorism that's grown in the past decade is a different beast, the actors are often self radicalised, self funded and self armed, usualy but not always part of a small isolated messaging community that may or may not know what there planning to do, but there is no central group, command or over all orgonosation, no dark money Web and arms trade. This limits the frequency and possible scale of attack in nations with strict control on dangerous weapons and limits the political impact of the ideology without a coordinated promotional campaign to go along side the attacks, but also makes it alot more difficult to clamp down on and predict, which makes it more likly when these attacks do happen that they are successful and bloody.

Thats why I call it "inspired by" terrorism. Because each attacker tends to be motivated or inspired by previous attackers and hateful narratives on message boards and sometimes in the press but not directly sponsored or commanded to do the attacks in a way that can be easily linked back, it's much more anarchistic in its methods. More unibomber less IRA