View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    You should just stop.
    No one here believes you anymore.
    I know that owning a mistake can be tough for some people, but at some point you are making yourself look ridiculous. That's even worse than owning up to your mistake.
    Apart from the 17.4 million people who beleaved hey?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I love a bit of Jamie, particularly when he's going off on one:
    Jamie knows as much about brexit as he does about covid as he does about cooking. Zilch. Have you seen his recipe for cremated roast beef?

Preheat the oven to 240°C

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...ct-roast-beef/

240 degrees C my arse, you might as well throw the joint in a deep fat fryer and cook it in 10 mins, pity the fools that follow that. Him and his sidekick Ramsay are only good for the comedy TV shows they present. And even they have got old.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I notice that you ignore the fact that our trade deal with the US will allow US companies to sue us in a US court if we do something detrimental to their business. Which means if we try and put tariffs on, we are going to get sued. In a US court. What do you think our chances are of winning that?

Taking back control my fucking arse.

And before you say "isn't going to happen" they tried to get that in the deal with the EU. We've got zero leverage and we're tiny compared to the US. They are going to write the deal and we're going to sign whatever it says. You and your ilk have lied about every step of this process, and all that's going to happen now is that the next stage will cement the lying fuckwits that you all are.

Brexit is still shit, and it still has no actual benefits. The only question now is if you're going own the shit you've created, or try and make out it's somehow the fault of the rest of us.
    It still won't give sovereignty to US courts over the UK, something the EU are demanding for themselves and the UK are quite reasonably refusing. Why don't you get that bit?

And of course we have leverage. People used to talk about the silliness of the EU butter mountains, right now there is an EU automobile mountain with not an EU car sold in the last 3 months. Not because of brexit of course, that would be down to covid. Someone is hurting, it's not the UK. How much hurt do the EU want to inflict upon themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    51st state jokes incoming
    That's not really a new thing, been the case since the 80's.

Successive UK governments have always prized American interests above our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    51st state jokes incoming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It still won't give sovereignty to US courts over the UK, something the EU are demanding for themselves and the UK are quite reasonably refusing. Why don't you get that bit?
    The most one-sided extradition treaty in the world says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone is hurting, it's not the UK.
    Yesterday more people died in the UK from covid than in the whole of Europe. I don't know what your definition of "hurting" is but its fucking retarded.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finedist View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The most one-sided extradition treaty in the world says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday more people died in the UK from covid than in the whole of Europe. I don't know what your definition of "hurting" is but its fucking retarded.
    Been watching too much newsnight?

In fact some of the data in foreign countries is so dodgy that, according to the FT’s data guru John Burn-Murdoch, if England had adopted Spain’s new ‘method’, it would have reported just 20 new deaths yesterday.

https://order-order.com/2020/06/04/n...ishes-honesty/

Jamie knows as much about brexit as he does about covid as he does about cooking. Zilch. Have you seen his recipe for cremated roast beef?

Preheat the oven to 240°C

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...ct-roast-beef/

240 degrees C my arse, you might as well throw the joint in a deep fat fryer and cook it in 10 mins, pity the fools that follow that.
    /offtopic

Yeah, but you turn the oven down as soon as the joint goes in the oven. It's just a cheat way of getting some colour on the meat instead of searing it in a pan first. All you need is a food thermometer to make sure it doesn't overcook. His recipes are fine, if not adventurous. The good thing about that one is the trivet - makes better gravy.

7+ Year Old Account
    /offtopic

Yeah, but you turn the oven down as soon as the joint goes in the oven. It's just a cheat way of getting some colour on the meat instead of searing it in a pan first. All you need is a food thermometer to make sure it doesn't overcook. His recipes are fine, if not adventurous. The good thing about that one is the trivet - makes better gravy.
    I'd still almost halve the temperature and triple his suggested hour long cooking time for a more tender experience. His roast beef must be as chewy as old shoe leather...

However this remain led scurrilous fear mongering over low quality imported US food as a result of Brexit is just another misnomer. Like everything they say.

The US is ranked 4th in the world for food safety and quality with every other EU nation except Ireland ranked lower.

https://foodsecurityindex.eiu.com/Co...nited%20States

There are no concerns Brexit will force people in the UK to eat rancid chicken and if anything US imports will raise the quality of food consumed in the UK, a direct benefit of Brexit. Next...

There are no concerns Brexit will force people in the UK to eat rancid chicken and if anything US imports will raise the quality of food consumed in the UK, a direct benefit of Brexit. Next...
    Utter bollocks, as usual. Never let the facts get in the way of a Brexit benefit, eh?

Looking forward to having cockroaches in your chocolate are you? Those benefits just keep on coming.

And as this details:

“the US uses chemical washes, such as chlorine, in its production process… the US uses growth hormones in animal feed… GM foods are sold without labelling in the US… and… pesticides banned in the EU can be used in the US.”

Wow, those all look like they will help to improve the quality of food eaten in the UK, don't they?

Got any more news about "new" jobs in Sunderland dribbles? Always amusing when you shoot yourself in the foot by completely misunderstanding your own links.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utter bollocks, as usual. Never let the facts get in the way of a Brexit benefit, eh?

Looking forward to having cockroaches in your chocolate are you? Those benefits just keep on coming.

And as this details:

“the US uses chemical washes, such as chlorine, in its production process… the US uses growth hormones in animal feed… GM foods are sold without labelling in the US… and… pesticides banned in the EU can be used in the US.”

Wow, those all look like they will help to improve the quality of food eaten in the UK, don't they?

Got any more news about "new" jobs in Sunderland dribbles? Always amusing when you shoot yourself in the foot by completely misunderstanding your own links.
    I have dribbles blocked, so I can't link this to him directly, but this feels rather appropriate, given your *ahem* discussion with him.

I'm not sure why you are wasting time on him; he's never going to admit he's wrong or was lied to.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

7+ Year Old Account

And as this details:

In 2017, 700,000 contaminated eggs from Belgium and Holland entered UK food chains.

http://www.brugesgroup.com/blog/the-facts-about-brexit

I'll take my chances with safe chlorine washed chicken from the US tyvm.

In 2017, 700,000 contaminated eggs from Belgium and Holland entered UK food chains.

Sure, let's compare a failure in the EU safety processes with the systematic lack of safety processes in the US. And that's before Trump started repealing pretty much every safety regulation on the books in a panicked attempt to keep the economy going.

If it were just you "taking chances" with US chicken, I'd say knock yourself out. But the rest of us are going to reap the results of your poorly informed choices as well, sadly.

The EU starts from the position of trying to protect the people that live in the EU. The US starts from the position of protecting the firms that exist in the US. The one that you believe is better tells me all I need to know about where your priorities are.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account

Hahaha, those benefits listed under a no deal. Oh dear, poor brits.

Anyone else notice just how full of bigotry that site is? I mean how gullible does one have to be to buy into all that.

The real issue here is how swiftly the UK has folded to US pressure and at such an early stage in the process.

It's comical:

10 January 2020 Theresa Villiers was clear: "We will not be importing chlorinated-chicken. We will not be importing hormone-treated beef," she told the BBC's Countryfile programme. This was effectively reiterating a longstanding policy, assumed to have been in place since 2017 when Michael Gove said the UK would not lower its food standards.

Lies, lies, lies.

What will be next? Healthcare / NHS.

It's a load of bollocks, Dribbles.... your taking back control was nothing of the sort. Simply an excuse for the free marketeers to run riot. Fine, if that's your viewpoint, but don't pretend it was anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Hahaha, those benefits listed under a no deal. Oh dear, poor brits.

Anyone else notice just how full of bigotry that site is? I mean how gullible does one have to be to buy into all that.
    I google'd the author:

Literally, he's a teenager. He's just finished his A Levels. Spotty Tory boy.

Forgive me if I don't give two fucks about anything he has to say.

10+ Year Old Account

I google'd the author:

That could actually be dribbles thinking about it.

The entire site premise is "the other nations will make concessions because we are the UK!". I mean almost every other nations, like not the US because their trade deals give more than they take, not the EU really either because they are being mean to the UK .

That does explain his hatred of women though, sexually frustrated that his balls have just recently dropped and nobody has played with them yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    The real issue here is how swiftly the UK has folded to US pressure and at such an early stage in the process.

It's comical:

10 January 2020 Theresa Villiers was clear: "We will not be importing chlorinated-chicken. We will not be importing hormone-treated beef," she told the BBC's Countryfile programme. This was effectively reiterating a longstanding policy, assumed to have been in place since 2017 when Michael Gove said the UK would not lower its food standards.

Lies, lies, lies.

What will be next? Healthcare / NHS.

It's a load of bollocks, Dribbles.... your taking back control was nothing of the sort. Simply an excuse for the free marketeers to run riot. Fine, if that's your viewpoint, but don't pretend it was anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

I google'd the author:

Meanwhile a non spotty Tory boy, 3 times elected long serving MP in fact, sums up the democratic mood of the UK perfectly today when he says, speaking for the people:-

I really couldn't care less for Mr Barnier's public whinges. I and millions of Britons have had enough of the EUs belittling/ hectoring - they got away with it due to the hung parliament but no more. Do a fair deal with an independent country or simply just do one.

https://twitter.com/julianknight15/s...82029020008449

Yeah perfect, the EU and Barnier's teecking clock should just do one. Well done to UK negotiator David Frost for saying exactly that to his face

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how desperate they are that they need to see any move forward in talks as a victory despite their being no actual concessions and the constant even public humiliating reminder that the EU won't budge on certain aspects.

Also what's up with most of them struggling to produce good looking photoshopped pictures, first the one with the dog in a parachute/glider now this where it looks like the brit just crapped himself.

/snip
    You failed completely to address the question. Address the question.

"Taking back control from Brussels" was in fact nothing of the sort. It is, and always has been, about facilitating an opening of markets at the expense of standards.

If it weren't so sad, it'd be comical. Literally, the very thing, the very thing that is in the foremost of peoples' minds (chlorinated chicken) when it comes to trade deals, they've completely failed on. Rolled over at the first opportunity. Honestly - it's shocking.

7+ Year Old Account
    You failed completely to address the question. Address the question.

"Taking back control from Brussels" was in fact nothing of the sort. It is, and always has been, about facilitating an opening of markets at the expense of standards.

If it weren't so sad, it'd be comical. Literally, the very thing, the very thing that is in the foremost of peoples' minds (chlorinated chicken) when it comes to trade deals, they've completely failed on. Rolled over at the first opportunity. Honestly - it's shocking.
    Chlorinated chicken is a nonsense. It is done right now in the EU to salads, vegetables and in your drinking water. Even the EU say chlorinated chicken is safe.

The European Food Safety Authority has said that there are “no safety concerns” with the chlorination of chicken, and the EU allows the washing of chicken with chlorinated water.

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-eu-...nsed-chlorine/

Ask yourself the real reason that the EU bans US chicken? Nothing to do with safety, scared of competition from better product more like.

Chlorinated chicken is a nonsense. It is done right now in the EU to salads, vegetables and in your drinking water. Even the EU say chlorinated chicken is safe.

The European Food Safety Authority has said that there are “no safety concerns” with the chlorination of chicken, and the EU allows the washing of chicken with chlorinated water.

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-eu-...nsed-chlorine/

Ask yourself the real reason that the EU bans US chicken? Nothing to do with safety, scared of competition from better product more like.
    Of course chlorinated chicken is safe. The argument has never been about chlorination but about a reduction of welfare standards that leads to its chlorination.

The issue at hand is not chlorinated chicken, it is specifically:

At the very first opportunity to avoid bending over and taking it up the arse from Trump & co., we've failed completely.

No?

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course chlorinated chicken is safe. The argument has never been about chlorination but about a reduction of welfare standards that leads to its chlorination.

The issue at hand is not chlorinated chicken, it is specifically:

At the very first opportunity to avoid bending over and taking it up the arse from Trump & co., we've failed completely.

No?
    And the welfare of permitted halal mass slaughtered birds for the fried food takeaways in the EU is so much better?

Please give it up, killing chickens is never going to be a pleasant business, accepting chlorinated chickens from the US is hardly the UK taking one up the jacksy from Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the welfare of permitted halal mass slaughtered birds for the fried food takeaways in the EU is so much better?

Please give it up, killing chickens is never going to be a pleasant business, accepting chlorinated chickens from the US is hardly the UK taking one up the jacksy from Trump.
    So it doesn't trouble you that according to a CDC study from 2010 1 in 6 Americans gets food poisoning every year?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.