View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ds123macd View Post
    But here's the thing.

The data DOES back it up.

The failing mechanism is the readers' comprehension in this little situation we got going on here.
    What data? You provided none, and the data I provided does not back it up.

Your feelers does not count as data.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What data? You provided none, and the data I provided does not back it up.

Your feelers does not count as data.
    If you type these words into the Google search engine "UK moves to 5th largest economy", you will find what you are looking for.

If you can't be bothered to do that, i will help you out a bit.

From the search results, you will discover thousands of links to articles describing how the UK's GDP growth slowed at a less rate than of most other countries affected by the pandemic.

Which propelled it to overtake India, shooting up to 5th position right after Brexit.

Have a go. You might be surprised at what you can achieve with just a little bit of effort

If you type these words into the Google search engine "UK moves to 5th largest economy", you will find what you are looking for.

If you can't be bothered to do that, i will help you out a bit.

From the search results, you will discover thousands of links to articles describing how the UK's GDP growth slowed at a less rate than of most other countries affected by the pandemic.

Which propelled it to overtake India, shooting up to 5th position right after Brexit.

Have a go. You might be surprised at what you can achieve with just a little bit of effort
    Once again, this is not data. I look forward to you providing it.

Good luck!!!

Oh, from what I've seen... it's one of the worst.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-health-economy

"So, one of the biggest recessions of the pandemic..."

Well, this isn't working out for you.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-02-25 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, this is not data. I look forward to you providing it.

Good luck!!!

Oh, from what I've seen... it's one of the worst.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-health-economy

"So, one of the biggest recessions of the pandemic..."

Well, this isn't working out for you.
    I mean that article is 5 months old.

If you follow my advice you will get up to date and relevant news pieces for which you can surely rely on.

Good luck on your search quest my friend.

May the force be with you

I mean that article is 5 months old.

If you follow my advice you will get up to date and relevant news pieces for which you can surely rely on.

Good luck on your search quest my friend.

May the force be with you
    Once again, the evidence has been provided. The UK has not done so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    There's another gamble as well - the chief medical officers of the uk assumed/hoped that delaying second dose of other vaccines than Astra-Zeneca one will work.

That is currently being tested on the general population in the uk.

The result so far are not encouraging.

In Scotland their estimated efficiency in the test on the general population of this non-standard handling of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has an efficiency-measure of 85% at week 4 and it then drops to 64% at week 6 when not giving the 2nd dose (with the 2nd after 3 weeks the previous test indicated that the it rose to 95% and stayed there for months).
    Hopefully for the people sake their luck doesn't run out because competence is not that governments strong suit.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I love the fact that all the left wing fear mongering has not even come close to being true regarding Brexit.

You are hanging on to reality by a small thread waiting to pounce on every tiny detail so you can say "Ha !! I told you so. Brexit is a shambles". (Which by the way will never happen).

I live in the UK. I've never been happier we are no longer part of the EU.

My country is successful and thriving without EU shackles.

And it drives you nuts. I know it gets to you. You know i know it gets to you.

I love it

You, on the other hand, have to bow to your EU overlords pretending everything is ok.

But we all know it isn't ok for the EU, don't we.

Brexit is the best thing to happen to my country since the days of Winston Churchill kicking Nazi ass.

Glad you're enjoying it. Now excuse me for not taking anecdotes from trolls as facts.

And might I just add that the british did not win the war, but I guess facts does not matter to you, as long as you can look out the window, and see that your country is not on fire.

In terms of vaccination, 64% immunity as a worst case scenario is still a good result and MUCH better than more people with 0% immunity.
    That's not the worst case scenario - that's the currently likely scenario.

The worst case scenario consistent with the data is:
    The efficiency for Pfizer/BioNTech with just one dose after 6 weeks is 49% (lower end of confidence interval) and dropping fast and will be almost zero before the 2nd dose is given, and for some reason the 2nd dose with so long time interval doesn't give good long-term protection but it will again drop to almost zero.

Instead of protecting the vaccine-effect will be at the weak level where it causes the virus to mutate to circumvent the vaccine and the entire world will have another uk-variant that the vaccines temporarily don't work on.

Given us a sobering tale of what happens when you side-step normal medical procedures and use the general population as test-subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Do you believe the EU had 0 choices in anything in this process? Do you believe the EU has performed its role perfectly? Because that’s what slants arguing here. I call that naive.

The EU is a human construct, and therefore has flaws. It’s not a bad thing to criticize those flaws. We definitely should have tighter positions in those contracts. Would that have solved everything? No, but to argue there were no alternative actions we could have taken, is small minded at best. There ARE other vaccines. AZ just seemed to have the best, and most supply.
    The EU had contracts that apparently the manufacturer chose not to keep in favour of delivering stuff to the UK. I thought we went through this. There's not much the EU can do without the UK screaming bloody murder. Politically, this is not anyone's fault. You can't do more than sign a contract and pray that the manufacturer is honest about his numbers... but, given that this is a part-British project, we should have seen that dishonesty is built into the system... Maybe you're right and the EU should have been more careful dealing with the British.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Do you believe the EU had 0 choices in anything in this process? Do you believe the EU has performed its role perfectly? Because that’s what slants arguing here. I call that naive.

The EU is a human construct, and therefore has flaws. It’s not a bad thing to criticize those flaws. We definitely should have tighter positions in those contracts. Would that have solved everything? No, but to argue there were no alternative actions we could have taken, is small minded at best. There ARE other vaccines. AZ just seemed to have the best, and most supply.
    That is not an answer to my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    UK vaccinations are proceeding at a brisk enough pace that the UK government expects to be able to safely reopen infection hotspot environments like indoor gyms etc by April already.

It's laughably transparent that Dribbles here is trying to push people away from talking about Brexit impacts because of the pandemic, it was about as predictable as sunrise that he would do that.
    Vaccination rates UK vs EU are a direct impact of Brexit in enabling UK avoidance of the EMA slovenly approval though. Honestly eurochums it saddens me to tears so much and gives me no joy when I look at the EU fiasco, the simplest solution would be for other EU member states to immediately leave the flawed organisation like the UK did and source independently their own vaccine supply, we have plenty spare in the pipeline they could have.

There has also been much debate in the UK over who should be prioritised for the jab. I have a simple solution.

Those that voted to remain should enjoy the EU vaccination rates they support and those that voted to leave should harvest the fruits of Brexit and be vaccinated first.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    There has also been much debate in the UK over who should be prioritised for the jab. I have a simple solution.

Those that voted to remain should enjoy the EU vaccination rates they support and those that voted to leave should harvest the fruits of Brexit and be vaccinated first.
    Would that include having the eu amount of time between first and second dose and not the uk one? Because then they might be better off..

Vaccination rates UK vs EU are a direct impact of Brexit in enabling UK avoidance of the EMA slovenly approval though. Honestly eurochums it saddens me to tears so much and gives me no joy when I look at the EU fiasco, the simplest solution would be for other EU member states to immediately leave the flawed organisation like the UK did and source independently their own vaccine supply, we have plenty spare in the pipeline they could have.

We did plan our approval while in the EU and according to EU rules so you're probably not entirely accurate, however I'm willing to take up your offer as long as Brexiters pay for companies to deal with excess red-tape as well as any additonal costs from trading with the EU, buy all the seafood our fishermen are unable to sell and go without medical care if staff shortages affect someone who voted to remain.

I find this whole talk about who does vaccinations in their country better quite confusing btw. The goal should be to get the whole world vaccinated as fast as possible, because this shit isn't over before. The longer any one country somewhere in the world has low vaccination, the more time to mutate into a version not fended off by the current vaccines.

And once that happens oh joy same shit again for the new variant.

But you are ignoring that the Great British Empire is immune from anything once they have had one jab. According to Brexiteers like Dribbles, that is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I find this whole talk about who does vaccinations in their country better quite confusing btw. The goal should be to get the whole world vaccinated as fast as possible, because this shit isn't over before. The longer any one country somewhere in the world has low vaccination, the more time to mutate into a version not fended off by the current vaccines.

Brexit has been a disaster and the government's dreadful response to the pandemic has given us one of the worst Covid death rates in the world so Johnson supporters have to crow about whatever successes they can.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

The whole world sounds like some time 2023 or 2024

The debate is about countries being as vaccinated as their population bother to be by the end of this summer [at most] probably..

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The whole world sounds like some time 2023 or 2024

The debate is about countries being as vaccinated as their population bother to be by the end of this summer [at most] probably..
    I highly doubt countries will be 'fully' vaccinated by the end of summer. End of the year feels much more reasonable.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Brexit has been a disaster and the government's dreadful response to the pandemic has given us one of the worst Covid death rates in the world so Johnson supporters have to crow about whatever successes they can.
    Disaster? There are at least 5 million "votes of confidence" in Brexit Britain from former disillusioned EU citizens who have applied for settled status in the UK recent Home Office figures reveal. Very welcome they are too here in the brexit sunny uplands with me!

If Brexit was the disaster you say it is why would they want to stay?

https://neweuropeans.net/article/351...in-euss-scheme

Considering the scheme doesn't shut until June one can only wonder what the final figure will be.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Disaster? There are at least 5 million "votes of confidence" in Brexit Britain from former disillusioned EU citizens who have applied for settled status in the UK recent Home Office figures reveal. Very welcome they are too here in the brexit sunny uplands with me!

If Brexit was the disaster you say it is why would they want to stay?

https://neweuropeans.net/article/351...in-euss-scheme

Considering the scheme doesn't shut until June one can only wonder what the final figure will be.
    Ah classic dribbles.

Shockingly EU citizens who previously moved to the UK and have a house and work there are not eager to abandon their current lives and travel back to their home country and hope that maybe they can find a job there. It says nothing at all about their opinion on Brexit or the EU. It only tells you that people who have a job prefer it over not having a job.

Additionally the article actually talks about the trouble Brexit and the government is causing for these people who want to stay in the UK. As you so often do you linked an article that goes directly against your point.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death