View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Thanks for admitting you have no evidence for your absurd claims.
    The claim that house prices increased after Brexit isn't absurd; it's just a matter of not understanding the cause.

House prices have increased all over Europe and in the US after Brexit was finally done, but generally seen as due to covid-19:
    https://www.ft.com/content/2606dd0d-...1-2a089d76bdc5
    That's quite natural considering low interest rates, people spending more time in their home and spending less on other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingitwongit View Post
    Immigration has nothing to do with race.

/checkmate
    I was going to post as if I'm actually having a discussion, then I figured what's the point? You've come on here as a burner, you've spouted a bit of casual racism and offered up a bunch of opinions that are objectively based on falsehoods. You're trying to get a rise out of people that are clearly better informed and more adult than you are, and it isn't working. I'd suggest you run back to whatever dark corner of the internet you usually frequent and go back to circle-jerking about how great it is that Brexit has let you spew hatred towards anyone that's "other" again. Just like the good old days.

We can make this country a decent place to live again, but part of that is going to involve putting people like you and the horrifying viewpoints you represent back into a dark cellar. Where hopefully those opinions will die out.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I was going to post as if I'm actually having a discussion, then I figured what's the point? You've come on here as a burner, you've spouted a bit of casual racism and offered up a bunch of opinions that are objectively based on falsehoods. You're trying to get a rise out of people that are clearly better informed and more adult than you are, and it isn't working. I'd suggest you run back to whatever dark corner of the internet you usually frequent and go back to circle-jerking about how great it is that Brexit has let you spew hatred towards anyone that's "other" again. Just like the good old days.

We can make this country a decent place to live again, but part of that is going to involve putting people like you and the horrifying viewpoints you represent back into a dark cellar. Where hopefully those opinions will die out.
    On the contrary, you are claiming a Canadian style immigration system is racist.

I am merely pointing out that immigration =/= race.

Brexit was the factor that caused Britain to adopt a controlled Canadian/Australian style managed immigration system though.
    Brexit did that.
    It doesn't matter what theoretically the UK Government COULD have done before Brexit.
    It's simple fact that Brexit caused the immigration policy to change.
    A change that i favour.
    Canada and Australia are better places for having controlled immigration aswell.
    I don't know if you can see the logical problem in a government having to do something irrelevant, to do something relevant, that they could do nonetheless.

Next up, deportation of those immigrants you don't like, this time, it'll cost ya democracy, but you'll feel better afterwards! It is a strange way of doing governing.

It's fine if you disagree, but you don't live where i do, so my opinion is more relevant than yours.
    Which I still haven't contented, I've barely even expressed an opinion, nor even said that anything was bad or good, and I've been nothing but saying that I completely understand and respect that you have an opinion.

Which is kind of telling that you then feel the need to continuously defend a position of having an opinion, I haven't attacked
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

On the contrary, you are claiming a Canadian style immigration system is racist.

I am merely pointing out that immigration =/= race.
    I never said our immigration system is racist. It's almost as if you're making things up because your argument holds no water unless you do.

welfare immigrants flocking in areas and making them economic shit holes
    That's what I was responding to when I called YOU racist. Not the immigration system.

This is a truly pathetic level of trolling, by the way. Is this the best that drive by burners can do these days?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Literally no difference to them, but they prefer it. Makes sense.
    Kinda known by now that most brexiters voted base on their feelings rather than facts.

Brexit was the factor that caused Britain to adopt a controlled Canadian/Australian style managed immigration system though.

Brexit did that.

It doesn't matter what theoretically the UK Government COULD have done before Brexit.

It's simple fact that Brexit caused the immigration policy to change.
    This is not true. And you are arguing from a dishonest point of view. The UK always had the option to adopt such a system. The UK was never part of Schengen. Of course it matters that they didn't implement the policy and now lie to people like you. What's worst is that you are gullible enough to not see the bullshit you are being fed. Brexit or not, the immigration policy change could've been implemented whenever they wanted. The UK Government just didn't want to.

Come to think of it, considering how shit the UK were at negotiating anything, they probably weren't aware that the UK was not in Schengen. Would not surprise me one bit if the UK Government was that incompetent. They seem to operate on elementary school level knowledge most of the days.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is not true. And you are arguing from a dishonest point of view. The UK always had the option to adopt such a system. The UK was never part of Schengen. Of course it matters that they didn't implement the policy and now lie to people like you. What's worst is that you are gullible enough to not see the bullshit you are being fed. Brexit or not, the immigration policy change could've been implemented whenever they wanted. The UK Government just didn't want to.

Come to think of it, considering how shit the UK were at negotiating anything, they probably weren't aware that the UK was not in Schengen. Would not surprise me one bit if the UK Government was that incompetent. They seem to operate on elementary school level knowledge most of the days.
    Do you live in Britain?

If no, then my opinion as a British citizen is relevant, and yours isn't.

My life seems to have gotten better after Brexit.

You don't qualify to debate my statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I never said our immigration system is racist. It's almost as if you're making things up because your argument holds no water unless you do.

That's what I was responding to when I called YOU racist. Not the immigration system.

This is a truly pathetic level of trolling, by the way. Is this the best that drive by burners can do these days?
    It's not possible to clarify if I'm racist or not if I'm talking about immigration though.

So your point is moot.

Unless of course you can quote where i have made comment about race.

Which of course you can't, because I've been talking about immigration this whole time.

And it's blatantly obvious that immigration =/= race.

It's also blatantly obvious that you fit the stereotype of "someone has a different opinion than i do, therefore they must be racist".

How did you get so far indoctrinated to the point you don't even know that you were?

Which education system did this to you?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When you can't decide which bit of your bullshit to actually stick to. Oops.
    "Can't say my personal life has changed [sic - for the worse] at all with Brexit".

British lazy writing, sorry.

Glad to clarify though.

It seems to be a common trait amongst the far right that they've never quite come to terms with the idea of inductive reasoning.

It's generally acknowledged that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it is indeed a duck. But for people of this particular persuasion it also has to acknowledge that it's duck or has to have explicitly stated that it is indeed a duck otherwise it's not a duck.

But my dude you ain't fooling anyone.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2021-04-10 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingledingle View Post
    I think most Brits seem to be happy with the results.

Ultimately that's all that matters.

No other country has the right to dictate the happiness of others.
    Well, most Brits who don't own a business that is dependent on trade with the EU, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingledingle View Post
    I think most Brits seem to be happy with the results.

Ultimately that's all that matters.

No other country has the right to dictate the happiness of others.
    Tankie burner was far more entertaining than Fascist burner.

/Shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It seems to be a common trait amongst the far right that they've never quite come to terms with the idea of inductive reasoning.

It's generally acknowledged that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it is indeed a duck. But for people of this particular persuasion it also has to acknowledge that it's duck or has to have explicitly stated that it is indeed a duck otherwise it's not a duck.

But my dude you ain't fooling anyone.
    Thats sus my friend, that aint a Duck.... Thats a Hs 129! *quacks in 20mm*

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Well, most Brits who don't own a business that is dependent on trade with the EU, anyway.
    It's not as though 30% of your economy depends on exports, anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The only way these businesses will suffer is if the EU disallows them to export their goods into the EU.

Britain isn't stopping any business from exporting due to Brexit.

And if the EU wants to be petty about it, then Britain done the right thing by leaving.

EU showed it's true colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjab519 View Post
    The only way these businesses will suffer is if the EU disallows them to export their goods into the EU.

And if the EU wants to be petty about it, then Britain done the right thing by leaving.

The EU don't need to ban anything. Extra costs from paperwork and tariffs makes it harder for UK companies to compete with EU based businesses.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I still don't get what certain people are thinking. Did they really expect the uk to become a third party but UK getting all the perks of freely exporting to the EU like an EU member but the UK picking and choosing what to let in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I still don't get what certain people are thinking. Did they really expect the uk to become a third party but UK getting all the perks of freely exporting to the EU like an EU member but the UK picking and choosing what to let in?
    Yes. Yes that's exactly what some of those people were thinking.

The UK wanted to be outside the EU Common Market and Customs Union, so the EU is treating the UK like a country that is outside the EU Common Market and Customs Union. You got what you asked for.

EU isn't stopping any business from importing goods from England, either. After customs and border controls are done and they have the proper paperwork that any third country has to present.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.