View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I should've added /s

There are driver shortages all over Europe, however they don't lead to empty shelves and empty fuel tanks
    At the end of that sentence you should've added the word "Yet" as in an interesting development today:-

French lorry drivers are demanding a pay rise to equal that of Britain.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...nson-france-uk

Even eurochums are seeing the clear Brexit benefits now. Oh la la...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    At the end of that sentence you should've added the word "Yet" as in an interesting development today:-

“In turn, this may mean more of us paying higher prices for goods, services and shopping – including food prices – going forward.”

From the article you shared, the glorious benefits of Brexit.
    Imagine having a strike on mainland Europe, it would decimate the already limited supply to the UK

Your "source" is a newspaper even worse than The Sun and the Daily Mail combined. Just look at the headlines, it's the biggest dose of copium and blame deflect I've ever seen. The Sun is the epitome of quality and neutrality compared to the turd you just quoted.

Look at the "Brexit news", it's beyond hilarious. Anyone using the Daily Express unironically has a single digit IQ.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-10-05 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Your "source" is a newspaper even worse than The Sun and the Daily Mail combined.
    It seems that tabloid rags are their preferred/best/only source of information. Which explains...a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the French asking for a payrise.... and water is wet.

Also the French asking for a payrise.... and water is wet.
    Water is wet indeed. There were some protests today in the biggest french cities, but nothing notable (2-3 thousands of people per city). Only 4% of the teachers were on strike today. Some french unions like the CGT or FO are professional complainers and will complain no matter what. They will protest for anything and everything. For some of them, protesting is a national sport and a big part of their schedule. They will protest on saturday against the sanitary pass, on tuesday against the government, on thursday against war, and so on. You can't take them seriously at all and they are not the biggest nor the most influential unions.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-10-05 at 04:48 PM.

Still waiting on that list of Brexit benefits you keep posting about dribbles. Did you miss where I asked you for it?

So I'm asking again; give us the list of Brexit benefits so we can evaluate them for veracity. Or shut the hell up about them. Put up, or shut up.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still waiting on that list of Brexit benefits you keep posting about dribbles. Did you miss where I asked you for it?

So I'm asking again; give us the list of Brexit benefits so we can evaluate them for veracity. Or shut the hell up about them. Put up, or shut up.
    He cant hes too deep already

10+ Year Old Account
    I should've added /s
    Yeah, because some people in the thread legitimately believe what you said

7+ Year Old Account

I've already given you lists of Brexit benefits by the ton many times, just peruse back through this very topic. I can't keep repeating myself just because your memory is like a sieve.

In any case it is not for me to continue to list benefits justifying the status quo that the majority in the UK including me are extremely happy with. You are the one that wants change, to reverse democracy and to rejoin the EU, why don't you give a list of benefits that membership of the EU would give the UK? Is there one even? Make the case go on. Honestly what won the Brexit referendum was the positive message Brexiteers like me brought to the national debate, negativity never won anything. But if you think you can win by slagging off Brexit and the UK at every opportunity, more power to you. I think, no know, you will fail.

I don't understand if you hate Britain and Brexit so much why you don't just go live in Ireland inside the EU right now. It would be very possible tomorrow.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I've already given you lists of Brexit benefits by the ton many times, just peruse back through this very topic. I can't keep repeating myself just because your memory is like a sieve.
    No, you haven't. You've given us a drip of "benefits" that have been almost entirely debunked instantly. Your projection of forgetfulness onto me won't save you from that. You post a "benefit", we tear it to shreds, you completely ignore the evidence that your "Brexit benefit" is nonsense.

If you're basically admitting you don't have a list, then stop making posts talking about your "list" of "Brexit benefits". You don't have one, it doesn't exist, there aren't any benefits at the moment, there may never be.

You're a liar, and a charlatan. You either delude yourself into believing benefits exist when they don't, or you don't even believe the bullshit you're posting. There is no option C.

Give us the list of genuine benefits, or shut the fuck up about all the benefits you keep claiming exist, that you can't tell us about. The Emperors New Brexit is naked, and we all know it. You might think you're showing how clever you are claiming you can see the outfit, but it just makes us think you're insane.

why don't you give a list of benefits that membership of the EU would give the UK? Is there one even?
    Free mobile roaming in the EU.
    Freedoom of movement within the EU.
    Ability to sell goods and services within the EU without additional red tape
    Ability to buy goods and service from the EU without additional red tape
    No danger to the GFA
    No border in the Irish Sea splitting the UK into two parts
    Functional transport infrastructure (some mitigation of driver shortages)
    No loss of farm animals due to loss of workers
    No loss of other foodstuffs due to loss of workers.

Honestly, I could do this all day. That's how easy to point out the actual benefits we'd have over the current situation if we hadn't left the EU. The fact that you won't do the same is purely down to the fact you haven't got a thing to post. Anything you could write down would be a lie, wouldn't be linked to Brexit or would be a benfit so minor (like putting a fucking crown on a glass) that it's pointless. You've got nothing, and you know it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Free mobile roaming in the EU. £2 a day from Three.
    Freedoom of movement within the EU. Still entirely possible.
    Ability to sell goods and services within the EU without additional red tape A Brexit benefit that addresses the UK/EU trade deficit.
    Ability to buy goods and service from the EU without additional red tape Ditto
    No danger to the GFA No danger to the GFA from the UK side, remind me when the UK puts up a strict physical border.
    No border in the Irish Sea splitting the UK into two parts None currently enforced by the UK effectively.
    Functional transport infrastructure (some mitigation of driver shortages) Suffering global supply chain issues like every other country.
    No loss of farm animals due to loss of workers Farm animals are bred to die/be lost/eaten.
    No loss of other foodstuffs due to loss of workers. Ditto.

Honestly, I could do this all day. That's how easy to point out the actual benefits we'd have over the current situation if we hadn't left the EU. The fact that you won't do the same is purely down to the fact you haven't got a thing to post. Anything you could write down would be a lie, wouldn't be linked to Brexit or would be a benfit so minor (like putting a fucking crown on a glass) that it's pointless. You've got nothing, and you know it.
    So some of those are not EU benefits but Brexit benefits gained from being outside the EU. Most are so minor that they are not worth the significant costs of EU membership or loss of sovereignty.

Don't believe me if you wish, but when we asked the same question the wise British people by resounding majority said let's Brexit. You've got nothing and you know it, I suggest the status quo is secure. Remind me again who leads the rejoin charge? Where's your Farage equivalent to galvanise UK public opinion to re-join? No one in plain view but you it seems and with respect that is nowhere near enough.

The British people, including me, are very happy and content with Brexit. No getting away from that and we should have done it decades ago.

In a shocking turn of events, dribbles proves Hue correct.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    In a shocking turn of events, dribbles proves Hue correct.
    He doesn't even know what freedom of movement means. Or rather pretends not to. There isn't even a point in answering him anymore.

So some of those are not EU benefits but Brexit benefits gained from being outside the EU. Most are so minor that they are not worth the significant costs of EU membership or loss of sovereignty.

Don't believe me if you wish, but when we asked the same question the wise British people by resounding majority said let's Brexit. You've got nothing and you know it, I suggest the status quo is secure. Remind me again who leads the rejoin charge? Where's your Farage equivalent to galvanise UK public opinion to re-join? No one in plain view but you it seems and with respect that is nowhere near enough.

The British people, including me, are very happy and content with Brexit. No getting away from that and we should have done it decades ago.
    Thank you for responding. You've now provided a link that I can use whenever you post that shows your utter and complete lack of understanding about pretty much everything. I'm tempted to print it off and frame it; I could call it "Delusions of a Brexiteer". I could sell it as an NFT and retire.

Red tape is a "Brexit benefit". Fucking hilarious. Have you spoken to anyone that does business with Europe? Try telling them that all the additional work and costs they've had to endure is a "Brexit benefit". You'd be lucky to get out with your teeth still attached. Especially if you have the bad luck to be talking to someone who has lost their business to bankruptcy because of Brexit.

This post, even by your standards, is a gigantic fucking car-crash. And I don't think you even know why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The glorious benefits of Brexit. We are enjoying them over here, all those British entrepreneurs chosing our small country to move to just to keep a valuable market.

7+ Year Old Account
    The glorious benefits of Brexit. We are enjoying them over here, all those British entrepreneurs chosing our small country to move to just to keep a valuable market.
    Aha so freedom of movement does still exist after Brexit, Thank you for that clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha so freedom of movement does still exist after Brexit, Thank you for that clarification.
    Guess where they aren't paying taxes anymore? And which market they're not serving anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why your jokes aren't obvious. Because some people actually believe what you're writing

Thank you for responding. You've now provided a link that I can use whenever you post that shows your utter and complete lack of understanding about pretty much everything. I'm tempted to print it off and frame it; I could call it "Delusions of a Brexiteer". I could sell it as an NFT and retire.

Red tape is a "Brexit benefit". Fucking hilarious. Have you spoken to anyone that does business with Europe? Try telling them that all the additional work and costs they've had to endure is a "Brexit benefit". You'd be lucky to get out with your teeth still attached. Especially if you have the bad luck to be talking to someone who has lost their business to bankruptcy because of Brexit.

This post, even by your standards, is a gigantic fucking car-crash. And I don't think you even know why.
    I agree with this 100%,

IRL the couple of people I know who voted to leave have gone very quiet on the subject, I don't rub it in anymore because what would be the point? we have made our bed! ...I wouldn't post in this thread if somebody wasn't making out how great it all is... when it quite clearly isn't!

I don't blame a lot the people who voted leave tbh, the country was badly let down by the government of the time, who did fuck all in explaining both the positives and negatives of the EU, until it was far to late and the leave campaign had been in full swing and gaining traction for a couple of months before they even noticed.

People seem to be forgetting dodgy Dave resigned due to the outcome, hardly the correct reaction from a Prime Minister if it was the great victory Dribbles would have us believe!

I did laugh when my sister (who voted leave) had to pay about £140 duty and fee's on a picture she ordered from Ireland last December, which was delayed by around 3 months due to Covid, she was livid about it and even complained about the artist putting the full value on the paperwork! I asked what did she expected when we were not in the EU anymore? ...I got a dejected "ooh" in reply
    Last edited by Iliena; 2021-10-06 at 08:52 PM.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.