View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Another one to chalk up to the long list of Brexit "wins"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ngle-applicant

They set up a scheme to attract the best and brightest to join Brexit Britain. And to a person, the best and brightest said "are you fucking kidding me? Why would I want to go there, it's full of Brexiteers".

I can't see how even dribbles can spin this one; unless he decides that at least it means those damn foreigners aren't coming over here. Even though in this case we wanted them to.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Another one to chalk up to the long list of Brexit "wins"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ngle-applicant

They set up a scheme to attract the best and brightest to join Brexit Britain. And to a person, the best and brightest said "are you fucking kidding me? Why would I want to go there, it's full of Brexiteers".

I can't see how even dribbles can spin this one; unless he decides that at least it means those damn foreigners aren't coming over here. Even though in this case we wanted them to.
    The best and brightest are already here in the sunlit uplands of Brexit Britain, no other EU nation has more than we by a country mile and we picked up yet another in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_by_country

Wouldn't be fair to nab them all now would it? Can't blame us for trying though...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The best and brightest are already here in the sunlit uplands of Brexit Britain, no other EU nation has more than we by a country mile and we picked up yet another in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_by_country

Wouldn't be fair to nab them all now would it? Can't blame us for trying though...
    What's left of the best and brightest in this country are of the same opinion about this Brexiteer government and what they do:

Quote Originally Posted by Nobel prize winner Andre Geim
    The scheme itself is a joke – it cannot be discussed seriously. The government thinks if you pump up UK science with a verbal diarrhoea of optimism – it can somehow become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Sounds like just one more person that has seen through the vanishingly thin veneer of optimism that this government (and Brexiteers in general) like to smear around. And realised that behind that veneer is nothing but failure piled on failure.

Don't worry though, Boris will be gone soon enough. And the slow process of healing the rift with mainland Europe can begin. Norway deal, here we come.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's left of the best and brightest in this country are of the same opinion about this Brexiteer government and what they do:

Sounds like just one more person that has seen through the vanishingly thin veneer of optimism that this government (and Brexiteers in general) like to smear around. And realised that behind that veneer is nothing but failure piled on failure.

Don't worry though, Boris will be gone soon enough. And the slow process of healing the rift with mainland Europe can begin. Norway deal, here we come.
    That would be the same Russian born of German descent Andre Geim who has chosen to work in the UK at the University of Manchester for the science opportunities Brexit Britain provides?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobel prize winner Andre Geim
    The scheme itself is a joke – it cannot be discussed seriously. The government thinks if you pump up UK science with a verbal diarrhoea of optimism – it can somehow become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    He is the one that said no one would move and work in the UK? Just lols.

And Britain doing a Norway deal with the EU, let's just wait a little on that shall we? After all Norway is moving away from their current EU deal looking enviously towards how Canada operates with the EU.

https://www.politico.eu/article/norw...-euroskeptics/

Give it a couple of years when Norway have ripped up their current EU deal, not even Norway want the Norway deal and the UK certainly won't either...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

That would be the same Russian born of German descent Andre Geim who has chosen to work in the UK at the University of Manchester for the science opportunities Brexit Britain provides?

And Britain doing a Norway deal with the EU, let's just wait a little on that shall we? After all Norway is moving away from their current EU deal looking enviously towards how Canada operates with the EU.

Give it a couple of years when Norway have ripped up their current EU deal, not even Norway want the Norway deal and the UK certainly won't either...
    My god, a party wants to renegotiate its deal with the EU, and they currently have a, sharp intake of breath, 22% backing in the polls!?!?!

Read the fucking articles you link dribbles, for the love of god. It makes picking your shit apart so much less satisfying when I have to do so little work to do it. Much of the rest of the world work a little bit better than our shitty little FPTP two party system. This is one party, representing (at their current high) a fifth of the voting population. You think that gives them a mandate to do what they want?

Actually, don't bother answering. Because we both know you think a flawed poll in 2016 that attracted the votes of a quarter of this country was a mandate to make the mess that Brexit is. So you probably think 22% is plenty for them to fuck their country up like Brexiteers have done to this one.

Oh, and Andre Geim has been at the University of Manchester since 2001. So claiming his working in this country as a Brexit benefit? Fucking lolz. Especially bearing in mind his comments about this shit-show of a government.

Well done, that guy predates Brexit by atleast 15 years.. and did i detect some racism against the russians and germans there?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My god, a party wants to renegotiate its deal with the EU, and they currently have a, sharp intake of breath, 22% backing in the polls!?!?!
    That was last year, i think at the election in september they got 13.6% or so

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    That was last year, i think at the election in september they got 13.6% or so
    A real Brexit benefit, no one wants to copy peppa pig land.

7+ Year Old Account

Read the fucking articles you link dribbles, for the love of god. It makes picking your shit apart so much less satisfying when I have to do so little work to do it. Much of the rest of the world work a little bit better than our shitty little FPTP two party system. This is one party, representing (at their current high) a fifth of the voting population. You think that gives them a mandate to do what they want?

Actually, don't bother answering. Because we both know you think a flawed poll in 2016 that attracted the votes of a quarter of this country was a mandate to make the mess that Brexit is. So you probably think 22% is plenty for them to fuck their country up like Brexiteers have done to this one.

Oh, and Andre Geim has been at the University of Manchester since 2001. So claiming his working in this country as a Brexit benefit? Fucking lolz. Especially bearing in mind his comments about this shit-show of a government.
    Well Huey if you want to talk percentages and odds we can do that too.

You keep saying our Boris days are numbered, I disagree but lets say you are right. How do you take solace from that? The favourite to take over from him is Rishi Sunak, a more ardent Brexiteer you will struggle to find. I'd be happy with that, how does it comfort you?

Personally I fancy the odds on Jacob Rees-Mogg and am very tempted to take a punt on him, or Priti Patel. Which Conservative would you go for? It's not going to be Labour leading the country, and the electorate have kicked out all the pro-EU Tory wets...

Brexit has been such a success it really will be difficult to find any serious politician who stands a chance at being PM if they are pro EU.

Well Huey if you want to talk percentages and odds we can do that too.

You keep saying our Boris days are numbered, I disagree but lets say you are right. How do you take solace from that? The favourite to take over from him is Rishi Sunak, a more ardent Brexiteer you will struggle to find. I'd be happy with that, how does it comfort you?

Personally I fancy the odds on Jacob Rees-Mogg and am very tempted to take a punt on him, or Priti Patel. Which Conservative would you go for? It's not going to be Labour leading the country, and the electorate have kicked out all the pro-EU Tory wets...

Brexit has been such a success it really will be difficult to find any serious politician who stands a chance at being PM if they are pro EU.
    Jacob Rees-Mogg? who'd vote for him? apart from radical right-wing extremists like Dribbles. or for that matter, that vampire priti patel?

Brexit has been such a success...
    I started to reply to you, but then I thought what's the point? The fact that you are still trying to wish this into reality by repeating it means there is literally no point.

Post a list of Brexit benefits dribbles. Show us all these things that make Brexit such a success. And before you say it, no, you haven't done it already. You haven't posted a single thing that hasn't been instantly refuted. I've posted a massive list of failures, problems, issues and flaws. Backed up by economists, statisticians and scientists. You've linked the occasional Daily Mail article that doesn't even support your view, and links to European blogs by minority parties about how they'd love to leave the EU too if only they could get more than their immediate family to vote for them.

You've got nothing, and it's going to get worse. Because a lot of things are STILL in transition periods, because we STILL aren't ready to leave in the way we demanded, even after all this time. You haven't even got your proper Brexit, and it's already done this much damage. If it ever gets finished properly, the damage would be visible from the moon. Possibly even through those reality altering glasses you use.

Oh, and feel free to put Reese-Mogg in charge of the Tories, and put him up before the electorate. I'd fucking pay to see that train wreck. You think the red-wall voters are going to vote for a Mr Burns cosplayer? He makes normal people's skin crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Jacob Rees-Mogg? who'd vote for him? apart from radical right-wing extremists like Dribbles. or for that matter, that vampire priti patel?
    I mean, Dribbles is obviously picking the most controversial people to rile you up...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Oh they are not the best options by far, guess who's back, back again...

“Nigel Farage is mulling a political comeback.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ive-reform-ont

Some, predicting the end for our Boris, should be careful what they wish for. Cheers!

Some, predicting the end for our Boris, should be careful what they wish for. Cheers!
    Did he run out of money after shorting the Pound? Grifters never die.

How does that work when he has repeatedly shown that he can't get elected in England?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should tell Nigel he isn’t eligible to run for the only position he ever managed to get elected to.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Someone should tell Nigel he isn’t eligible to run for the only position he ever managed to get elected to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How does that work when he has repeatedly shown that he can't get elected in England?
    On the far fringes of Brexit mania reality is irrelevant.

Seriously, this is Brexiteers.

Brexiteers are the Pyro and Brexit is their Optical Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You're never getting a list from him, let's be real. Hell, I've provided more of a list of benefits than he has lol You just have to scroll down far enough to get through the nearly 400 downsides to reach the almost 20 upsides.
    And of the 18 "upsides" I believe only 11 of them could actually be described as benefits directly attributable to Brexit. And most of those are minor.

I'd do a similar exercise on the downsides, but there are only so many hours in the day. I suspect working out the validity of Brexit downsides would be a bit like painting the Forth Bridge (and before anyone tries to tell me, yes I'm aware that old saying is no longer valid).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Jacob Rees-Mogg, Priti Patel, and Nigel Farage...

3 names specifically mentioned to elicit the most response, because not a single one of them will ever come close to being PM, with one only being mentioned because he's clearly spent the money his last grift made and needs more. Guess the US hasn't been lucrative enough for him.

I kinda expect better quality from dribbles. Well, maybe not lately, but certainly in the past.
    Not at all, everyone I mention is listed on oddschecker as a potential next PM. We are a fine democracy in the UK and where there's a will there's a way. And the former Labour home-secretary Lord Blunkett seems to agree with me today as it's reported...

Lord Blunkett says 'NIGEL FARAGE could become Prime Minister'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Labour.html

Here's hoping hey eurochums that all my dreams come true. That would be a day of celebration, can you imagine him turning up at the EU to negotiate? I see Juncker has returned to a top EU role, why not Farage for the UK? ROFL.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping hey eurochums that all my dreams come true. That would be a day of celebration, can you imagine him turning up at the EU to negotiate? I see Juncker has returned to a top EU role, why not Farage for the UK? ROFL.
    The guy who couldnt be bothered to turn up when it was his place of work (as in he was a MEP) should show up when its not?

Nah that lazy bum would stay in downing street (Assuming moving there is not too much effort)