View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I absolutely believe that Brexit damaged the UK economy, it is an unfortunate truth that the past two years have had such a varied impact on the shape of world economies that trying to tell what caused which damage is not really possible even by the very lax standards of the science of finance.
    So, basically you're saying Dribbles is right and every negative can be explained with Corona?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, basically you're saying Dribbles is right and every negative can be explained with Corona?
    Lol no. But I am sure dribbles will come and read it in exactly that way.

Lmao, let him. It's not like he matters beyond entertainment for the masochists with a political flavour.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Lmao, let him. It's not like he matters beyond entertainment for the masochists with a political flavour.
    Also if I may, I'd also add the woeful incompetence of the government. Really when you have so many disasters, who knows what is to blame for what.

So it looks like the UK literally can't cope with the impact of Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...anning-mps-say

So which is it, dribbles? Are the people that brought us Brexit incapable of making it work? Or do they simply not care whether it works or not, because their only concern was to make money out of the damage it caused?

I'd also link all the terrible financial news in the UK at the moment, but I know that would just get handwaved away as being a "global issue". Despite the fact that we're doing materially worse than our EU equivalents.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So it looks like the UK literally can't cope with the impact of Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...anning-mps-say

So which is it, dribbles? Are the people that brought us Brexit incapable of making it work? Or do they simply not care whether it works or not, because their only concern was to make money out of the damage it caused?

I'd also link all the terrible financial news in the UK at the moment, but I know that would just get handwaved away as being a "global issue". Despite the fact that we're doing materially worse than our EU equivalents.
    Terrible financial news? And yet from just yesterday...

Today the @IMFNews's World Economic Outlook forecasts that the United Kingdom will have the fastest growth of all G7 countries in 2022

https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/statu...49467859435521

Thank you very much Brexit.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Terrible financial news? And yet from just yesterday...

Today the @IMFNews's World Economic Outlook forecasts that the United Kingdom will have the fastest growth of all G7 countries in 2022

https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/statu...49467859435521

Thank you very much Brexit.
    That's assuming that the Tories push ahead with their current plans to give the economy a short term improvement, at the cost of long term damage. Given that they've already u-turned on parts of it, and are under pressure to u-turn on the rest, I'd say that's unlikely.

And the latest report from today (which you've decided to ignore, surprise!) suggest that the economy was ALREADY contracting, even before the damage that Kwasi Quite Wrongs little "budget" caused. Those figures that you've trumpeted are probably being revised down as we speak.

You've got nothing, and you know it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's assuming that the Tories push ahead with their current plans to give the economy a short term improvement, at the cost of long term damage. Given that they've already u-turned on parts of it, and are under pressure to u-turn on the rest, I'd say that's unlikely.

And the latest report from today (which you've decided to ignore, surprise!) suggest that the economy was ALREADY contracting, even before the damage that Kwasi Quite Wrongs little "budget" caused. Those figures that you've trumpeted are probably being revised down as we speak.

You've got nothing, and you know it.
    And something else the UK might not have been able to afford if we hadn't left the EU is we are now sending twice as many billions in support to Ukraine as any other EU nation. Much better to send it there than Brussels wouldn't you agree? I just wish the EU would do more considering it's on their doorstep...

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-a...eLevel=not-set

Once again thank you very much Brexit. Is that enough Brexit benefits for today Huey?

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

And something else the UK might not have been able to afford if we hadn't left the EU is we are now sending twice as many billions in support to Ukraine as any other EU nation. Much better to send it there than Brussels wouldn't you agree? I just wish the EU would do more considering it's on their doorstep...

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-a...eLevel=not-set

Once again thank you very much Brexit. Is that enough Brexit benefits for today Huey?

Oh dear. We're once again in the "educate dribbles" part of our program.

Just to make it clear (again); a "Brexit benefit" is something that we couldn't do when in the EU, that we can now do outside of the EU, that is beneficial. So feel free to link in the EU rules where it says countries aren't allowed to make contributions to the Ukraine cause. Or to where such contributions are capped. But you can't do that, can you? Because as usual you're fucking lying.

And as for the EU doing more, would you like to compare how they've handled refugees compared to us? No, didn't think so.

Reading the graphs in the link it appears that EU nations have contributed both directly and indirectly through the EU budget. So the numbers are not representative of total contributions for any of them. So if e.g. Germany contributed 3,3 billion directly it also contributed another 3,7 billion indirectly through the EU budget. So, more than the UK.

how are the gilts doing dribbles? good?

Will Brexit save my pension Dribble?
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    what pension u talkin bout son

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post

Don't worry, our Jacob and Trussonomics has your back, don't believe the anti growth coalition. You can always trust a Brexiteer if you have worries like that and can thank them later by voting for them at the next election.

Jacob Rees-Mogg says pensions not at risk as he hits out at BBC

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...its-out-at-bbc

And if you are nearly of pensionable age and mortgage free presumably you will be enjoying the increased building society interest rates on your savings. And the recent massive increase in House prices in the UK. Happy days.

Ps just lol, what next Izzardomics? Thank you Labour, what a gift for the Tories!

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/20...-be-elected-mp

Izzard added: "I’m standing to be the next Labour MP for Sheffield Central to support the city that has supported me. To take the fight to the Tories and get Keir Starmer into Number 10."

What a joke of a political party...

Where is the UK on that chart?

Or is it like the time when you posted the 51'st state of America video before you quickly removed it again after realizing what the song was actually about.

Dam! guess I'm working till 80 then
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

why does eddie izzard scare you dribbles?

Ps just lol, what next Izzardomics? Thank you Labour, what a gift for the Tories!
    So Labour answer the full bench of clowns opposite them with one professional comedian.

Trussonomics
    Is this the new name for announcing a nearly universally panned economic policy as the core tentpole for your prime ministership, spending a week doubling down on it and admitting the policy was the idea of one minister that was not discussed within the cabinet at all, and then reversing course after a week of getting savaged from every corner and realizing how deeply unpopular the economic move was?

Trussonomics in action: