View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    This says it far more eloquently than I can:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-britain-suez

This is what "taking back control" looks like. Having the money markets decide who your chancellor is. What your economic policy is. Pretty soon, who your PM is (or at least, isn't). This is what the Brexiteers "freedom" has delivered us; delusional idiots that are notionally in charge, while in reality the larger world shapes what we are allowed to do. We were once part of something big enough to ignore much of what the world tried to tell us to do. In 2016, in the face of Russian funded lies, we decided we could do it better alone.

Now we know, although many of us knew even back then; we can't.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This says it far more eloquently than I can:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-britain-suez

This is what "taking back control" looks like. Having the money markets decide who your chancellor is. What your economic policy is. Pretty soon, who your PM is (or at least, isn't). This is what the Brexiteers "freedom" has delivered us; delusional idiots that are notionally in charge, while in reality the larger world shapes what we are allowed to do. We were once part of something big enough to ignore much of what the world tried to tell us to do. In 2016, in the face of Russian funded lies, we decided we could do it better alone.

Now we know, although many of us knew even back then; we can't.
    Watch Dribbles spin it into some wierd positive.

Since I know dribbles puts so much faith in polling:

https://institute.global/policy/movi...european-union

A huge majority of people are looking for closer ties with Europe. Not necessarily back in the EU (at least not yet) but a relationship that is much closer on trade, regulations and the like. A move away from the shit awful Brexit that we've lumbered ourselves with. And how many people want to keep this Brexit, or even make it worse? Just 14%.

You've failed dribbles. And you've failed because you won. Because you won, and you had literally no fucking clue what to do next. The dog with a car, the Brexiteers caught what they were chasing and didn't know what to do next. And because the result has been so catastrophically, so obviously damaging, people are quite rightly backing away slowly like it might be contagious.

There is only one direction of travel now dribbles, and that's back towards Europe. Hell, Labour could run their next campaign explicitly on strengthening ties with the EU and these numbers suggest it wouldn't damage them. With their lead in the polls, they might just decide to do that.

This isn't the end of Brexit. But it certainly feels like the beginning of the end. Happy days.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Since I know dribbles puts so much faith in polling:

https://institute.global/policy/movi...european-union

A huge majority of people are looking for closer ties with Europe. Not necessarily back in the EU (at least not yet) but a relationship that is much closer on trade, regulations and the like. A move away from the shit awful Brexit that we've lumbered ourselves with. And how many people want to keep this Brexit, or even make it worse? Just 14%.

You've failed dribbles. And you've failed because you won. Because you won, and you had literally no fucking clue what to do next. The dog with a car, the Brexiteers caught what they were chasing and didn't know what to do next. And because the result has been so catastrophically, so obviously damaging, people are quite rightly backing away slowly like it might be contagious.

There is only one direction of travel now dribbles, and that's back towards Europe. Hell, Labour could run their next campaign explicitly on strengthening ties with the EU and these numbers suggest it wouldn't damage them. With their lead in the polls, they might just decide to do that.

This isn't the end of Brexit. But it certainly feels like the beginning of the end. Happy days.
    We Brexiteers are not dumbos you know, and have implemented a failsafe. Don't presume the EU would have us back, as a minimum we would want everything that Cameron asked for pre Brexit referendum and likely much more. Hell the UK might as well make it a condition that the EU dump the Euro and adopt the GBP...

Re-joining is impossible.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Yeah but it's not though. The thing is we need the EU more than they need us as has been demonstrated in the not even 3 years since Brexit happened, we'll be crawling back within 20 years begging to be let in and will have to take whatever terms they insist upon and we'll probably gladly take it.

We Brexiteers are not dumbos
    Are you sure?

So come on explain this "failsafe" without gaslighting and pointless graphs.
    Last edited by Iliena; 2022-10-19 at 07:29 PM.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

We Brexiteers are not dumbos you know, and have implemented a failsafe.
    A failsafe of "we want these things that the EU will never compromise on" that only exists when the ERG are running the show is not a failsafe.

We Brexiteers are not dumbos you know, and have implemented a failsafe. Don't presume the EU would have us back, as a minimum we would want everything that Cameron asked for pre Brexit referendum and likely much more. Hell the UK might as well make it a condition that the EU dump the Euro and adopt the GBP...

Not so long ago you would have been ridiculing the very notion of returning. Now you're hoping that you've poisoned the well sufficiently with the childish antics of the Brexiteers since we left?

Nice to see that even you are starting to understand which way the wind is blowing.

And if there is one thing the EU is, it's pragmatic. If they see a chance to get closer ties with the UK, dealing with an adult government of people that aren't demanding unicorns, they'll take it. It would improve trade on both sides, and honestly it's a no-brainer.

We won't rejoin in full in a long time. Who knows what those negotiations might look like. Hell, I might not even be alive to see them. But I'll be alive to watch the move back towards Europe becoming unstoppable, as the racist old gammons die off and the next generation of pro Europe open minded voters come through.

You and your ilk have lost. And to make it all the sweeter you've lost because of your own incompetence. You got what you wanted, what you've been throwing a screaming fit about for god knows how long, and you fucked it up so badly that your dream of a new dawn for a "free" UK died before the ink was dry on the agreement.

Rejoining is inevitable. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    A failsafe of "we want these things that the EU will never compromise on" that only exists when the ERG are running the show is not a failsafe.
    I don't think the UK now meets the financial rules required to re-join for one. Of course if the EU were minded to send us £350 million a week it ought to be considered, even Brexiteers like me might be swayed if we could keep the Great British pound on top.

Nothing to be sniffed at that, re-joiners could even put it on the side of an EU campaign bus!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I don't think the UK now meets the financial rules required to re-join for one.
    What, did Truss already do that much damage to the British economy in her month and a half as PM?

I don't think the UK now meets the financial rules required to re-join for one. Of course if the EU were minded to send us £350 million a week it ought to be considered, even Brexiteers like me might be swayed if we could keep the Great British pound on top.

Nothing to be sniffed at that, re-joiners could even put it on the side of an EU campaign bus!
    Trashing your economy to spite the EU isn't the "gotcha" you think it is.

Be careful you might trip over your clown shoes.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What, did Truss already do that much damage to the British economy in her month and a half as PM?
    Does anyone meet the criteria anymore given how much debt was issued during the pandemic?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope. The damage was done by the global pandemic, global energy supply problems etc. Her policies were sound, they just could have been delivered better. But in the meantime here in the sunlit uplands:- Brexit masterstroke as Britain eyes more trade deals 'than any other country in the world'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...nts-greg-hands

We have weathered the global storms very well thanks to Brexit whilst in the EU as de-industrialisation, something the UK did yonks ago, hits hard how long before even doing a number 2 is no longer an option? Toilet paper under threat

https://www.iamexpat.de/career/emplo...-energy-crisis

Yikes.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2022-10-20 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol they already had those trade deals while they were in the EU, no shit they have to broker new deals after leaving.

So is this how winning looks like? Few years later and this whole shit show is still a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So is this how winning looks like? Few years later and this whole shit show is still a shit show.
    Brexit was the biggest lie ever sold to the gullible and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Brexit was the biggest lie ever sold to the gullible and ignorant.
    Even the most staunch supporters I know are coming round. Although what pisses me off is they claim they were duped, and then get angry when I point out I told them all this beforehand. They have no excuses, they are complicit and cant wash their hands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Even the most staunch supporters I know are coming round. Although what pisses me off is they claim they were duped, and then get angry when I point out I told them all this beforehand. They have no excuses, they are complicit and cant wash their hands now.
    Exactly, but you know, I can't really blame the voters no more bar the ones who still stand by the Tory party on every f-up they do, We need a General election now, not next year or the year after NOW, we need the incompetent fools that are the Tories out of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Exactly, but you know, I can't really blame the voters no more bar the ones who still stand by the Tory party on every f-up they do, We need a General election now, not next year or the year after NOW, we need the incompetent fools that are the Tories out of power.
    Right, except only the Tories can call that election and they will not do that while the polls are saying they will stop existing as a party.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death