View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Funny, he jumped on the well Icelands doing well in the UK but completely ignored the part where my aging ill parents are having to work more hours and receive less benefits than they used to with what they earn, ironic...

Alas, Norway isnt in the EU yet but they are considering membership.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    only Dribbler can explain closing down stores as a win for the company

"We're exporting less, WINNING, woohooo up yours!"
    On the contrary. The ebb and flow of businesses opening and closing outlets is quite normal. The conditions under which they do this set them up to win or fail for their owners, they are not charities. Those conditions in the UK have been shaped lately to a large extent by Brexit. And Iceland, although deciding not to serve their remote outposts in Norway any longer, have proven to do well are winning and have never been more profitable thanks to Brexit Britain.

It's not just the UK's Iceland who find Britain better thanks to those domestic conditions set by Brexit either. EU companies like Aldi and Lidl in the same sector are now bringing huge inward investment, free market competition, creating more UK jobs and paying more UK taxes to fund better UK public services and may otherwise not have done so were we still to be held against our will in the protectionist EU.

Aldi to open 35 new stores this year in huge expansion

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/aldi-to-o...ions-revealed/

These are the clear Brexit benefits that still a small minority in the UK, who can't accept the result of a democratic referendum, fail to recognise. And that example is in just one part of the British economy, imagine how many more Brexit benefits are to be found quite easily across the whole UK economy and life in general of the UK if only one were to look.

No shortage of sausages here...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    On the contrary. The ebb and flow of businesses opening and closing outlets is quite normal. The conditions under which they do this set them up to win or fail for their owners, they are not charities. Those conditions in the UK have been shaped lately to a large extent by Brexit. And Iceland, although deciding not to serve their remote outposts in Norway any longer, have proven to do well are winning and have never been more profitable thanks to Brexit Britain.

It's not just the UK's Iceland who find Britain better thanks to those domestic conditions set by Brexit either. EU companies like Aldi and Lidl in the same sector are now bringing huge inward investment, free market competition, creating more UK jobs and paying more UK taxes to fund better UK public services and may otherwise not have done so were we still to be held against our will in the protectionist EU.

Aldi to open 35 new stores this year in huge expansion

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/aldi-to-o...ions-revealed/

These are the clear Brexit benefits that still a small minority in the UK, who can't accept the result of a democratic referendum, fail to recognise. And that example is in just one part of the British economy, imagine how many more Brexit benefits are to be found quite easily across the whole UK economy and life in general of the UK if only one were to look.

No shortage of sausages here...
    Of course, as everyone knows supermarket giants like Aldi and Lidl only do well in countries outside the EU. Aldi Nord wants to create 700 new European stores by 2026, most of them in France, Spain, and Poland.

"Foreign companies make bank in Britain, WINNING, woohooo up yours!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Of course, as everyone knows supermarket giants like Aldi and Lidl only do well in countries outside the EU.
    Aldi closed all their shops in Denmark since they couldn't make a profit (probably because their shops were shit) - Lidl is doing fine though also their shops are good.

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Aldi closed all their shops in Denmark since they couldn't make a profit (probably because their shops were shit) - Lidl is doing fine though also their shops are good.
    God I remember Danish Aldi. It felt like the store was draining the souls out of everyone in there, employee and customer alike

7+ Year Old Account
    Enough of this talk of how well thanks to Brexit supermarkets are doing, just thought I'd share this anecdote...

I, an English guy, was driving home (in places at only 20mph thanks Labour) this morning and crossing the Prince of Wales bridge from Cardiff, having been to see a Scots band play last night, a tear almost came to my eye as I realised yet another Brexit benefit in that no longer is there any talk of the break up of the union of the United Kingdom.

Remember the glee on here a few years back at the time of Brexit that the end of the UK was nigh? But no, Brexit has seen off the SNP threat and made that union stronger too.

It minded me to ponder how Reform UK: The Brexit Party were doing in Wales, as I'd just visited, and lo and behold new figures were released just yesterday whilst I was there...

Labour 49% (+4)
    Conservatives 16% (-6)
    Reform UK 15% (+2)

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies....24-march-2024/

Fantastic news eurochums wouldn't you say? Onwards and upwards...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Enough of this talk of how well thanks to Brexit supermarkets are doing, just thought I'd share this anecdote...

I, an English guy, was driving home (in places at only 20mph thanks Labour) this morning and crossing the Prince of Wales bridge from Cardiff, having been to see a Scots band play last night, a tear almost came to my eye as I realised yet another Brexit benefit in that no longer is there any talk of the break up of the union of the United Kingdom.

Remember the glee on here a few years back at the time of Brexit that the end of the UK was nigh? But no, Brexit has seen off the SNP threat and made that union stronger too.

It minded me to ponder how Reform UK: The Brexit Party were doing in Wales, as I'd just visited, and lo and behold new figures were released just yesterday whilst I was there...

Labour 49% (+4)
    Conservatives 16% (-6)
    Reform UK 15% (+2)

I've checked that post twice, and STILL no sign of you providing any actual Brexit benefits. Apart from pretending that it somehow made the UK stronger (I think both Scotland and Northern Ireland would disagree considerably with that thought, by the way).

Do you keep missing me asking you to post something substantive dribbles? Is your literacy failing you? Or are you just unable to provide any benefits, because you know that nothing you could post would survive even a cursory examination?

I'll now wait for the standard dribbles reply of "I've already told you hundreds of them" or possibly "they are so obvious everyone knows them" or even "here's another link to something that hasn't got any benefits either".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Labour 49% (+4)
    Conservatives 16% (-6)
    Reform UK 15% (+2)

The UK is so united that the UK governement did not allow Scotland to have another referendum on independence because they feared the outcome. So they banned it.

Talking about a "shining pinnacle of freedom".
    Last edited by Nederbelg; 2024-03-28 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nederbelg View Post
    The UK is so united that the UK governement did not allow Scotland to have another referendum on independance because they feared the out come. So they banned it.

Talking about a "shining pinnacle of freedom".
    The only reason why the SNP is not doing as well as it could is because people are annoyed about the whole "voting counts as independence referendum" which is not something Scotts think should be in an election.
    But the other Scott party is doing really strong which is not a good look for the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "You've proven one of the reasons for my position wrong, so I'm going to avoid reconsidering my position by doubling down on my certainty that I'm still right".

Dunning Kruger made flesh. Your feels > economists calculations.

Clearly no point discussing anything with you.
    So can I assume that having been provided with the evidence for the 4% figure being complete nonsense, you agree with the findings? If not, what part in particular do you feel is wrong.

What this means of course, is that the economic impact of UK leaving the EU is around 1-2% over a 15-year span, without developing any further trading relationships. This is a rounding error in annual growth.

With the economic argument dead in the water, what else is there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm just describing the polls and you're trying to explain why they don't matter and it's kinda funny.

I mean yes, that context is a thing, but it doesn't change the outcomes we're discussing and that contradict your earlier implication of Labour's unpopularity.

Well, I imagine they'd want to let Brexit be finished before considering reversing course, so as to avoid further chaos and confusion with multiple contradictory processes going on simultaneously.

And I'd argue that based on the fact that Conservatives have been in power for 14 years, they're the ones arguably primarily responsible for the incompetent set of MP's that have been occupying Parliament and are consequently not equipped to govern.

Which, as noted, makes it no surprise that Labour is polling considerably better to the party that by your own admission has failed to govern for nearly a decade and a half.
    The polls do not represent how popular a Labour Party, with paper-thin policy differences between the Tories, will be after getting elected.

I don't understand why you are turning this into a left/right debate.

I certainly fail to see how rejoining the EU will resolve any of the issues the UK (and Europe) faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    The polls do not represent how popular a Labour Party, with paper-thin policy differences between the Tories, will be after getting elected.
    Again, explaining why the poll results don't matter.

I don't understand why you are turning this into a left/right debate.
    That's like...the premise of this whole thread, innit? Conservatives have loudly bragged about their beautiful brexit and how great it is and how conservatives are the best and smartest and those labour liberals are all dumb and backwards and eurochums etc. etc.

Have you not been following along or something?

I certainly fail to see how rejoining the EU will resolve any of the issues the UK (and Europe) faces.
    Depends on which issues we're talking about. Surely it'd solve all the problems facing border checks and Brits being forced to go through "international" cues at European airports. It's not a magic wand and I don't think anyone other than Brexiteers treats rejoining as a magic wand, a panacea for everything that ails the UK.

I've just reminded myself of who Rockreg is by going back over some of his "contributions" from last year. Safe to say I won't bother talking to him again. Why spend time providing arguments and evidence to somebody with a track record of ignoring both?

But that's Brexiteers in a nutshell, the only way they can cling onto the belief that it hasn't been a fucking disaster is by a complete disregard for reality.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Gotta love how the lost EU funding in Wales (and I assume other parts of the UK) is being replaced with massive council tax rises and a decrease in the services that tax is meant to provide...there's an example of how rejoining the EU will resolve at least 1 issue (and it's sub issues)

But I'm sure its actually a Brexit benefit that we are paying almost double now and have bin collections reduced, no parking wardens so I rarely get to park within 500m of my house due to no one giving a flying fuck about permit spaces considering the lack of wardens, roads falling apart, pavements becoming increasingly dangerous as they are not maintained and many more fun things beside.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I've just reminded myself of who Rockreg is by going back over some of his "contributions" from last year. Safe to say I won't bother talking to him again. Why spend time providing arguments and evidence to somebody with a track record of ignoring both?

But that's Brexiteers in a nutshell, the only way they can cling onto the belief that it hasn't been a fucking disaster is by a complete disregard for reality.
    That's it, scuttle off with your tail between your legs again like last time, we both know you cannot argue against the article I posted.

Being in the EU is so good at the moment that's why they are voting for the far right at the moment. So if our 'disaster' is because of leaving the EU, what is the cause of the even 'disaster' that is happening in the EU G7 members?

Like I said, the economic argument is dead, now you're left with shouting at tomatoes and travel queues

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Gotta love how the lost EU funding in Wales (and I assume other parts of the UK) is being replaced with massive council tax rises and a decrease in the services that tax is meant to provide...there's an example of how rejoining the EU will resolve at least 1 issue (and it's sub issues)

But I'm sure its actually a Brexit benefit that we are paying almost double now and have bin collections reduced, no parking wardens so I rarely get to park within 500m of my house due to no one giving a flying fuck about permit spaces considering the lack of wardens, roads falling apart, pavements becoming increasingly dangerous as they are not maintained and many more fun things beside.
    Sorry, but what the hell does 'EU Funding' have to do with council tax in Wales?

Where do you think the EU gets the money from to dish out?

Do you even know how Wales is funded? It's devolved, Drakeford done his level best to deter any investment into Wales, in fact he has actively deterred it. And look at what they have done to the Welsh NHS, which is also devolved

Didn't Keir Starmer say 'Look to Wales to see what a Welsh Government can do for us?'...

Sorry, but what the hell does 'EU Funding' have to do with council tax in Wales?
    Now councils no longer get the EU funds for projects they have to raise funds other ways, ie. raising council tax as an example

Where do you think the EU gets the money from to dish out?
    From EU members

Do you even know how Wales is funded? It's devolved, Drakeford done his level best to deter any investment into Wales, in fact he has actively deterred it. And look at what they have done to the Welsh NHS, which is also devolved
    Yes I do and we have to go cap in hand to Westminster for any extra funding or increases. You also don't have to convince me of the terribleness of that shitbag and his 'legacy', sadly his replacement is looking to be, at the very least, as bad.

Didn't Keir Starmer say 'Look to Wales to see what a Welsh Government can do for us?'...
    Starmer would do well to never mention Drakeford other than to promise that Labour will not be like him :/

That's it, scuttle off with your tail between your legs again like last time, we both know you cannot argue against the article I posted.
    This isn't a reply to Rockyreg, by the way. In case he gets too excited. This is just to flag up to other posters who might decide to engage with this particular pigeon.

He will post rubbish, then when you rip his position to shreds he will ignore your response and strut around like he has won. When you eventually tire of talking to this particular brick wall, he will proclaim his victory.

Don't bother. There is literally nothing to be gained from interacting with him. Check out his nonsense on this thread last year for further proof.

He will claim this post as a victory as well. To say he's lacking in self awareness is like suggesting Trump is a bit untrustworthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post

Yet another of the so so many Brexit benefits I've listed is by leaving the EU no longer can our politicians hide from their responsibilities when they mess things up by blaming the EU. The total incompetence of this current Tory government, and Drakefords Labour in Wales, has well and truly been exposed thanks to Brexit. I can't wait for the General Election when that very same spotlight is then shone so brightly on the inevitable Labour win. I have no doubt they will be even worse than the Conservatives and I'd bet they may not last a full term.

However even if they do 2029 is not so far away and the Tories can either rebuild or Reform UK are ready to take their place in the election after next.

Nigel Farage suggests bombshell 'reverse takeover' of Tories after general election

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ries-take-over

As ever we know our Nigel has his finger on the UK political button.

As ever we know our Nigel has his finger on the UK political button.
    My thesis once again proves true. I'm sure this wasn't intended to be an absolutely hilarious joke, but it ended up being one.

Apparently he's lobbying for the return of the Easter Bunny right now? Really focused on the hard hitting issues facing every day Britons, that one is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My thesis once again proves true. I'm sure this wasn't intended to be an absolutely hilarious joke, but it ended up being one.

Apparently he's lobbying for the return of the Easter Bunny right now? Really focused on the hard hitting issues facing every day Britons, that one is.
    The whole post is just comedy gold. A Brexit benefit is what led to Brexit, namely blaming everything bad on the EU. So Brexit is the benefit of Brexit, because it solved what led to Brexit which is bad but in a good way, brilliant. And the one to right all of this, Nige, a guy that worked as part of the EU but did fuck all while blaming them for doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The whole post is just comedy gold. A Brexit benefit is what led to Brexit, namely blaming everything bad on the EU. So Brexit is the benefit of Brexit, because it solved what led to Brexit which is bad but in a good way, brilliant. And the one to right all of this, Nige, a guy that worked as part of the EU but did fuck all while blaming them for doing nothing.
    And who, once the victory of Brexit was assured, rose to the occasion and took charge of the Brexit and delivered on his promises to make the UK a better country, a shining example for all the EU. Ah no, he fled to the EU parlaiment as fast as his little legs could carry him to "safeguard" the Brexit from there, because he knew what a shitshow would be coming.

Nigel Farage is like the milk on top of your capuchino, more air than substance.