View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh... really. Thanks for clearing that up, people left me hanging here for over a day. That sounds rather unreasonable, I understand the rioting now. What on earth did Thatcher think?
    The usual Tory strategy. Shift tax burden from their wealthy supporters (who as owners of high-value property, would benefit from a shift from a property value tax to a poll tax) onto the poor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_tax_(Great_Britain)
    Last edited by Masark; 2018-07-30 at 04:03 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

[QUOTE=Noradin;49827894][QUOTE=dribbles;49827202]Highly questionable sources? In other circumstances very very rarely, but in this case those maps/facts came from the horses mouth itself, so to speak.
    You are claiming to be a talkin', writin' horse now?
    Do you have no shame?
    Its Dribbles... so properly not.

I like how Dribbles claims he wants to leave the EU because they're rascists, when he whines about eastern europeans taking the jobs most brits dont want/care about. Personally I have better experiences with Eastern Europeans then muslims or blacks.

And Dribbles, I love how you pick the one country in the EU who historically has no likes for foreigners, and how your whining its a recent thing..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    And Dribbles, I love how you pick the one country in the EU who historically has no likes for foreigners, and how your whining its a recent thing..
    Incidentally, also the country that is third in refugees per capita in the EU. So, sure, we have problems with racism in Austria, no doubt, but we also have a good amount of people who are willing to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You are claiming to be a talkin', writin' horse now?
    Do you have no shame?
    Neigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Its Dribbles... so properly not.

I like how Dribbles claims he wants to leave the EU because they're rascists, when he whines about eastern europeans taking the jobs most brits dont want/care about. Personally I have better experiences with Eastern Europeans then muslims or blacks.

Once again, as EU sourced figures prove, no one can say the UK is a racist nation when directly compared to the EU as a whole. The very fact we have made welcome more than 3 million EU refugees shows that too. I doubt anyone else in the EU has provided more humanitarian aid, shelter and work to those lost souls of the EU.

Brexit will ensure that we can remain at the cutting edge of what a free thinking, liberal and tolerant society should be.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Once again, as EU sourced figures prove, no one can say the UK is a racist nation when directly compared to the EU as a whole. The very fact we have made welcome more than 3 million EU refugees shows that too. I doubt anyone else in the EU has provided more humanitarian aid, shelter and work to those lost souls of the EU.

Brexit will ensure that we can remain at the cutting edge of what a free thinking, liberal and tolerant society should be.
    You doubt that?

Just about 4% of your population are from other EU countries. In comparison, in Austria that number is 8%, in Germany it's 7%. Do you want to compare actual refugees next?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Excuse me, but wasn't the original question whether Vote Leave campaigned on xenophobia and not whether the UK as a whole is a racist nation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Excuse me, but wasn't the original question whether Vote Leave campaigned on xenophobia and not whether the UK as a whole is a racist nation?
    Of course, but dribbles didn't want to discuss reality, so we took a turn into opposite world.

Please note that Dribbles is the one calling whole nations "racist", not the rest of us.
    We are just taking pot shots at his strawman factory.

Interesting article on Sky... https://news.sky.com/story/public-op...veals-11453220

So, considering that slightly above 50% is enough to throw the country into turmoil, would 50%-40% be enough to change the Government's mind about a second referendum to the final conditions?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Interesting article on Sky... https://news.sky.com/story/public-op...veals-11453220

So, considering that slightly above 50% is enough to throw the country into turmoil, would 50%-40% be enough to change the Government's mind about a second referendum to the final conditions?
    no. it would never happen.

>theresa may puts forward 2nd referendum bill in parliament
    >ERG instantly trigger vote of no confidence
    >government falls
    > GE
    - 6 weeks later
    > negotiations are already over.

Also considering Sky is still owned by Murdoch for now that this most likely has a 1-2% slant towards Brexit.

I could never bring myself to criticize anyone for taking potshots at Mr Dribbles. I was more trying to rein in his attempts at deflection.

Regarding a potential second referendum I don't believe the Brexiteer Tories would ever agree to it (providing they had a choice) as that would constitute betraying the original vote to their suppporters and incidentally admitting their ludicrous campaign promises were bullcrap and not preludes to a glorious future.

I could never bring myself to criticize anyone for taking potshots at Mr Dribbles. I was more trying to rein in his attempts at deflection.

Regarding a potential second referendum I don't believe the Brexiteer Tories would ever agree to it (providing they had a choice) as that would constitute betraying the original vote to their suppporters and incidentally admitting their ludicrous campaign promises were bullcrap and not preludes to a glorious future.
    But is it Tories vs. Labour at this stage? Isn't it more that both parties are divided on the subject themselves?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

But is it Tories vs. Labour at this stage? Isn't it more that both parties are divided on the subject themselves?
    Labour seems to be more unified when it comes to votes in parliament outside the same 4-5 that seems to openly vote in favour of tory brexit plans time after time (And are the only reason May is still in power)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    no. it would never happen.

>theresa may puts forward 2nd referendum bill in parliament
    >ERG instantly trigger vote of no confidence
    >government falls
    > GE
    - 6 weeks later
    > negotiations are already over.
    perhaps the UK need a referendum about whether a second brexit referendum should be deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Labour seems to be more unified when it comes to votes in parliament outside the same 4-5 that seems to openly vote in favour of tory brexit plans time after time (And are the only reason May is still in power)
    Ah, ok, less divisive than I thought.

Apart from their stance on Brexit being somewhat softer Labour likely also have the added excuse of the whole deal being (mis)managed by the Tories so far: "Sorry chaps we wanted a nice Brexit (like the Tories Brexit except nicer), but sadly they've fucked it up beyond repair and now we have to call it off or go for some form of BINO".
    The Tories on the other hand have sold the voters a specific version of Brexit and told them that that would be marvelous and full of unicorns and butterflies, so they'd have some serious explaining to do if they backed down. They also appear to be allergic to admitting errors in judgement - the EU caving in immediately in the face of loss of revenue being a nice example.

They'd have the same problem but in reverse. With the Tories it's a Remainer leadership beholden to a large group of Brexiteers and with Labour it would be a Brexiteer leadership beholden to a large group of Remainers.

We'd still be fucked although at least we could ask for a new start and an extension without these ridiculous Red Lines that force us into needing some kind of quantum Brexit. I don't think Labour to take this shit on though, it's 2018 so party before country.

Corbyn almost certainly though voted to leave. Though it seems over the past two years he's come to the conclusion that leaving is more trouble than remaining is and swapped sides with his "If I were to vote today it would surely be for remain." Speech. Labour has pretty much settled on the Norway position outside the said 4-5 that kept May in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Corbyn almost certainly though voted to leave. Though it seems over the past two years he's come to the conclusion that leaving is more trouble than remaining is and swapped sides with his "If I were to vote today it would surely be for remain." Speech. Labour has pretty much settled on the Norway position outside the said 4-5 that kept May in power.
    And I fear you will not get the Norway position.