View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    That seems less and less likely ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...st-brexit-deal
    David Davis is a moron. He spent the best part of two years "negotiating" something that he said at the beginning was going to be fantastically simple to do. I wouldn't trust him to explain how best to purchase a newspaper, much less pay any attention to what he thinks is happening in a complex political and economic debate.

You could substitute David Davis with virtually any of the rest of the Brexit backers, and the statements could still stand pretty much unchanged.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    so what now ? wednesday EU summit is already the last chance, after that it is "hard brexit" or "exit from brexit", no other choices.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Well, Arlene Foster has jumped into bed with the brextremists. Its amazing how little loyalty £1 billion buys these days.
    Well, as I've understood it the DUP want the GFA to end. So for them a hard Irish border is probably a wet dream. Why ruin that?
    - Lars

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Well, as I've understood it the DUP want the GFA to end. So for them a hard Irish border is probably a wet dream. Why ruin that?
    what do they could gain from a failed GFA ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    so what now ? wednesday EU summit is already the last chance, after that it is "hard brexit" or "exit from brexit", no other choices.
    No deal Brexit, don't want to say I been telling you so for at least 2 years, but I told you so.

DUP leader Arlene Foster warns no-deal Brexit is now the 'most likely outcome' after furious row with Michel Barnier over Irish border

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-outcome.html

Don't want to say I been telling you for at least 2 years that the EU is irrelevant, but I told you so. Now more than half of Europeans agree with me too.

EU CRISIS: Shock poll sees half of Europeans brand EU IRRELEVANT ‘we’ll see more Brexits'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...nti-EU-protest

Nice to be proved right isn't it eurochums!
    Last edited by dribbles; 2018-10-14 at 11:50 AM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No deal Brexit, don't want to say I been telling you so for at least 2 years, but I told you so.

DUP leader Arlene Foster warns no-deal Brexit is now the 'most likely outcome' after furious row with Michel Barnier over Irish border

Don't want to say I been telling you for at least 2 years that the EU is irrelevant, but I told you so. Now more than half of Europeans agree with me too.

EU CRISIS: Shock poll sees half of Europeans brand EU IRRELEVANT ‘we’ll see more Brexits'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...nti-EU-protest

Nice to be proved right isn't it eurochums!
    You're like the gift that keeps on giving...

This is the source that your idiot paper quote failed to provide:

https://www.debatingeurope.eu/2018/1...levant-to-you/

And here's a short best-of collection:

Europeans don’t want ‘less Europe’. Fully 90% of EU citizens feel that the EU should be more than just a single market, and 81% don’t want the EU to prioritise leaving more decision-making to national governments (which suggests that the majority of Europeans are comfortable with the idea of pooling national sovereignty).
    Europeans want the EU to focus on policies they care about. Keeping peace, creating jobs and tackling climate change are the core actions the EU should prioritise according to a plurality of Europeans.
    A picture, since your tendency to read the idiot papers suggests that you like pretty pictures more than hard facts:

So, yes... in true yellow press fashion, the Express managed to cherry pick the one bit that they needed to spin a story while ignoring the overwhelming actual support the EU has among the population. The question "Does the EU change your daily life?" isn't equal to "should we leave the EU?". I know, you have a problem with questions like that, they seem to be confusing for you. But that's okay, that's why we're here. To explain to you that people think the EU doesn't affect them, because they don't know just what the EU already does. As you can see in the poll, that's a major critique point.

But, the bottom line is... these people care about changing a flawed system from within. Others pussy out and whine like babies when their toys are being taken away. And then they go "tick tock" in a childish attempt to... somehow rile people up? I mean, it's cute... you'll be the tick-tock nerd of this thread, but sheesh, has anyone ever told you to visit a shrink? You should, you know. You have mental issues...

I'm what you would disgustingly call "Europhile" I suppose, but unlike you, I would like to improve it. And this poll, unlike what you imply, actually suggests a strong case for an actual European Union as a federal nation. Make no mistake, this process will continue and the EU will grow closer together. And you will be one of those bitter old men going "it was better in the old times" when you're 60, after the UK has rejoined the EU and everyone started pulling together to shape this interesting and very helpful political construct.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-10-14 at 12:26 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the belief there is that a hard border on Ireland and a failed GFA would make sentiments to join republic of Ireland less likely to grow over time.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think the belief there is that a hard border on Ireland and a failed GFA would make sentiments to join republic of Ireland less likely to grow over time.
    Sinn Fein is ironically following the same strategy, hoping it'll increase sentiments to join the RoI.

So, basically, nobody wants the hard border, not the EU, not Great Britain, certainly not the people of Ireland and Northern Ireland, but two parties that somehow managed to bring back the old conflict on an international stage. One could be seduced to start blaming them for not coming up with a solution, since they're the ones that are right there. Hmm, I think i'm going to start blaming them political parties in NI now, too. :P
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-10-14 at 01:35 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You're like the gift that keeps on giving...

This is the source that your idiot paper quote failed to provide:

https://www.debatingeurope.eu/2018/1...levant-to-you/

And here's a short best-of collection:

A picture, since your tendency to read the idiot papers suggests that you like pretty pictures more than hard facts:

So, yes... in true yellow press fashion, the Express managed to cherry pick the one bit that they needed to spin a story while ignoring the overwhelming actual support the EU has among the population. The question "Does the EU change your daily life?" isn't equal to "should we leave the EU?". I know, you have a problem with questions like that, they seem to be confusing for you. But that's okay, that's why we're here. To explain to you that people think the EU doesn't affect them, because they don't know just what the EU already does. As you can see in the poll, that's a major critique point.

But, the bottom line is... these people care about changing a flawed system from within. Others pussy out and whine like babies when their toys are being taken away. And then they go "tick tock" in a childish attempt to... somehow rile people up? I mean, it's cute... you'll be the tick-tock nerd of this thread, but sheesh, has anyone ever told you to visit a shrink? You should, you know. You have mental issues...

I'm what you would disgustingly call "Europhile" I suppose, but unlike you, I would like to improve it. And this poll, unlike what you imply, actually suggests a strong case for an actual European Union as a federal nation. Make no mistake, this process will continue and the EU will grow closer together. And you will be one of those bitter old men going "it was better in the old times" when you're 60, after the UK has rejoined the EU and everyone started pulling together to shape this interesting and very helpful political construct.
    A Europhile? I'd never have guessed Slanty, quite rare to meet one these days, strange endangered creatures that they are. Honestly some old EU dinosaurs are so entrenched in their position they will never change. Meanwhile London would love to thank your countrymen for producing this advert, you and your ilk do make me giggle. I guess you think its good too, got any more pearls? Should we call you Furt Frank furt? Or Burg Ham Burg?

Prost! and thanks for the laugh on a rainy sunday. Bwahahahaaaha
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

A Europhile? I'd never have guessed Slanty, quite rare to meet one these days, strange endangered creatures that they are. Honestly some old EU dinosaurs are so entrenched in their position they will never change. Meanwhile London would love to thank your countrymen for producing this advert, you and your ilk do make me giggle. I guess you think its good too, got any more pearls? Should we call you Furt Frank furt? Or Burg Ham Burg?

Prost! and thanks for the laugh on a rainy sunday. Bwahahahaaaha
    So, basically you have nothing to add? Please, at least pretend to come up with an argument. I don't particularily like your personality nor you, I'm not interested in your personal sob story or some other inane ramblings. I don't care about your feels. Discuss or stay in your cellar wanking off to a national tragedy for Britain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?

I hate to be vulgar, but Arlene Foster can suck my cock.

DUP hold bargaining chips because of the UK’s flawed voting system & May’s spectacular arrogance & miscalculation.

The fact is that Brexit has advanced the cause of Irish nationalism more than 40 years of IRA violence.

Support for a border poll is increasing. Maybe won’t happen next year. But let’s see after 5 years of a hard Brexit what the polls are doing and how Foster deals with the prospect of a United Ireland.

Foster is a discredited hasbeen. Her lack of principles and refusal to take the flack for the RHI fiasco, has in part, resulted in the collapse of the power-sharing executive. Let’s not celebrate her gross incompetence and stupidity, eh?

The Northern Irish can fuck off. The whole fucking lot of them and their stupid sectarian divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    /snip
    Slant - I agree with you on lots of issues. However, you can't slag off the Express while, at the same time, posting propaganda of the sort above.

Friends Of Europe? They are, primarily, a corporate-funded lobbyist.

"90% of EU citizens feel that the EU should be more than just a single market"

does not equate to to their attention-grabbing headline:

"Europeans DON'T want less Europe"

That is a disingenuous and misleading statement.

Fundamentally, I don't have a problem with it. Just don't, at the same time, slag off The Express. Accept it for what it is, which is propaganda published by an organisation coming from a certain viewpoint.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opportunity to murder more catholic civilians.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Opportunity to murder more catholic civilians.
    Whose paramilitary representatives will, in turn, murder protestant civilians.

GG all! Fucking good game!

Edit...

BTW @Masark to quote your signature

"Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying."

Would you like to clarify if your post was sarcastic or not? 'Cause from where I'm standing, hate-filled terrorist-supporters like Foster would indeed not object (and have not objected in the past) to supporting those who murdered catholics. E.g., Billy Hutchinson.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2018-10-14 at 07:53 PM.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

This clusterfuck would be a lot more entertaining to watch if it didn't have so many negative effects on people and countries.

My company is making mad bank right now because several of our customers have substantially increased orders with us and cut ties with their UK suppliers. Not sure if that is because of brexit or not, but it does seem that way. Maybe our 2 biggest UK competitors just messed up something, but the timing is peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Slant - I agree with you on lots of issues. However, you can't slag off the Express while, at the same time, posting propaganda of the sort above.

Friends Of Europe? They are, primarily, a corporate-funded lobbyist.

"90% of EU citizens feel that the EU should be more than just a single market"

does not equate to to their attention-grabbing headline:

"Europeans DON'T want less Europe"

That is a disingenuous and misleading statement.

Fundamentally, I don't have a problem with it. Just don't, at the same time, slag off The Express. Accept it for what it is, which is propaganda published by an organisation coming from a certain viewpoint.
    Dude, it's the source the Express quoted, so by extension it's what Dribbles quoted. I just wanted to point out the irony that he keeps on posting shit that actually supports the position opposite of Dribbles.

It's perhaps convoluted, but I think it's fucking hilarious and it amuses me. The real kicker, though, is that half the time I don't even know these "think tanks" exist and for some reason, Dribs keeps pointing me to them. I mean, I should probably thank him. If I went through his posting history, I would have quite the catalogue of pro-EU sources.

I didn't quote the stuff because it's my position. I don't actually rate these types of polls seriously.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-10-14 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Would you like to clarify if your post was sarcastic or not? 'Cause from where I'm standing, hate-filled terrorist-supporters like Foster would indeed not object (and have not objected in the past) to supporting those who murdered catholics. E.g., Billy Hutchinson.
    I was not being sarcastic.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Isn't it the sad truth though? Both DUP and Sinn Fein are just the former terrorist factions of either side (were the Unionists ever classified as such by the UK? They somehow managed to kill more civilians after all). For a Unionist a reality in which NI belongs to the UK and has a hard border with the RoI seems ideal; it makes it clear that NI is British and not Irish which is pretty much their position, isn't it? The violence is just a cherry on top for such people, they are after all propped up by violent groups that still exist.
    Unionist groups that are/were considered terrorists by the UK Government:

Loyalist Volunteer Force (LVF)
    Orange Volunteers
    Red Hand Commando
    Red Hand Defenders
    Ulster Defence Association (UDA)
    "Ulster Freedom Fighters" (UFF; cover name for UDA)
    Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Which of these ended up being the DUP?
    Pretty much all of them have members that are part of the DUP and leaderships of both met often to the point DUP could be likely considered the political coalition of the groups.

May still desperate for a deal, but fails to realise that you can't keep good friday and have Britain leave the customs union/single market. while Northern Ireland is part of the UK and not going to allow itself to be treated differently.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2018-10-15 at 03:11 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...b0d2200667a8de

with all the sentences of yes/no/maybe about Brexit our most dear PM TheresaM. uttered today it is very obvious the ball is back in play and that 2 days into endgame on wednesday. if May cannot bring something back to Westminster, Game of Brexit is on stage again and parliament can vote the whole stuff down.

Honestly, whatever she agrees to with the EU, it'll be turned down anyway. The British Government really wants to try how it feels to have the wind in the air as you fall off the cliff edge.