View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    You do understand that the rest of us, possibly, might be a little upset at the prospect of being less well off because of no deal?
    He doesn't give a toss about the rest of you, that much is clear. If he's even British. My money is on Russian troll.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Sadly these people don't, my brother was one of the idiots that voted leave and he's stupid enough to believe the countries rich enough to withstand this, btw this brother of mine never finished High School and lives on the Dole oh and he's not the brightest bulb in the box even the dull ones are brighter this is the demographic of Brexiteers I've met, Don't get me wrong I love my brother but it doesnt stop me thinking he's a fucking idiot.
    Sounds just like the Trumpists over here. The cultural heritage cannot be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Sounds just like the Trumpists over here. The cultural heritage cannot be denied.
    He went full trump a few weeks ago, he's called for women to be left in the kitchen, for war if EU doesn't bow to the UK and basically just now said the EU must do the impossible and put the hard border between mainland europe and Ireland. He's generally the average hardcore brexiteer from east of england since that's how they are here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I seriously doubt he understands the impact of no deal Brexit for every Brit, regardless of their wealth.
    not only that, but also, tell me what the more likely scenario is.

• Countries in the world will run to the rescue and offer the UK an incredible favorable trade deals to help them recover.
    • Countries in the world will smell fresh blood and attempt to take advantage of the UK in a weaken state to penetrate its market.

7+ Year Old Account
    How rich are you @dribbles?

You're seriously that rich that you will be able to absorb the economic impact of no deal?

You do understand that the rest of us aren't that wealthy?

You do understand that the rest of us, possibly, might be a little upset at the prospect of being less well off because of no deal?

No deal is the sole luxury of: super-rich right-wingers, racist pensioners on triple-locked pensions, and the very poor. Yes, this is more or less the 52% who voted Leave.
    I do ok so in a word, yes it will have little economic impact on me and even if it did what price do you put on freedom above a life of ball and chain servitude to EU unelected masters?

How will you be personally worse off? Or did you miss the £100bn brexit dividend giveaway by our Phil a few days ago?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-Budget.html

Sadly nothing in it for Gin drinkers i fear...

The minority views of BJ, Farage, Rees-Mogg, Carswell, Davis, etc. and all those other slathering, rabid fucktards are not those of the sane majority.
    I don't prefer a no deal above all else but still strong and stably believe no deal is better than a bad deal. The devil is in the detail which we won't know for sure until tomorrow, it looks as though we are being offered a bad deal though which, if not the cabinet, the parliament will throw out, likely along with Theresa May with it.

General election anyone? No didn't think so, Tick tock after all.

I'm not sure calling the next crowned Tory pm amongst that lot "rabid" is a good thing, time to unite and get behind our probable Tory leader so we can get a proper brexit?

I will fight, with every breath in my body, a no deal.
    I fear you might be wasting your breath Nigel, but hey you are a musical chap I think? Thought about learning the Trombone? Put that breath to some use!

Serious question for you Nigel are you one of those rare Lib Dems? Do you know what remain champion in chief Vince said just a couple of hours ago?

May will fail to get Brexit deal through parliament, Lib Dem leader says

but the kicker is this, as he went on to say...“The problem is it has to come to parliament" I mean does he not believe in democracy? Too influenced by the EU? You heard it here first folks Lib dems and their supporters don't believe in democracy or parliament, thank heavens for Brexiteers who do...

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1NI2J9

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He doesn't give a toss about the rest of you, that much is clear. If he's even British. My money is on Russian troll.
    Nope for sure not a Russian troll, nor a German one either

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He went full trump a few weeks ago, he's called for women to be left in the kitchen, for war if EU doesn't bow to the UK and basically just now said the EU must do the impossible and put the hard border between mainland europe and Ireland. He's generally the average hardcore brexiteer from east of england since that's how they are here.
    What's unreasonable about any of that? South West of England actually, bit of a brexit stronghold here, you couldn't get further from the EU mainland in England and that dreadful channel tunnel if you tried.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    not only that, but also, tell me what the more likely scenario is.

• Countries in the world will run to the rescue and offer the UK an incredible favorable trade deals to help them recover.
    • Countries in the world will smell fresh blood and attempt to take advantage of the UK in a weaken state to penetrate its market.
    Uhm, I actually doubt countries in the World will stand in line at all because with a No Deal Brexit what is it the UK has to offer? They don't have a favourable geographical position in the world to trade with, they don't have anything to export.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Oi! That's not even worth taking seriously. That's mental illness and those delusional fantasies should be treated with meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Oi! That's not even worth taking seriously. That's mental illness and those delusional fantasies should be treated with meds.
    Won't be any meds left if no true deal is agreed. (Looks like everyone is saying the deal agreed is either too far or not far enough.)

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What's unreasonable about any of that? South West of England actually, bit of a brexit stronghold here, you couldn't get further from the EU mainland in England and that dreadful channel tunnel if you tried.

South West has pretty much abandoned Brexit idea and I used a source you like the daily mail.

Also let's see what's unreasonable of forcing Ireland out of EU customs union and single market.

1) It's illegal under WTO. The EU can not put such a border within itself.
    2) It's dumb.
    3) Ireland do not want it.

As for what's unreasonable about war. A) Sensible people don't want others to go off and die. B) UK would lose badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Mr D, I've run out of time and and energy but to pick up on one point:

you couldn't get further from the EU mainland in England and that dreadful channel tunnel if you tried.
    Do you know how often I have, on bended knee, offered up thanks to the engineering Gods of the Chunnel?

I hate fucking boats, always have done.

The Chunnel is and will always be an absolute fucking godsend.

Long may it link us and the Continent.

Thank you, and good night.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2018-11-13 at 11:37 PM.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Mr D, I've run out of time and and energy but to pick up on one point:

Do you know how often I have, on bended knee, offered up thanks to the engineering Gods of the Chunnel?

I hate fucking boats, always have done.

The Chunnel is and will always be an absolute fucking godsend.

Long may it link us and the Continent.

Thank you, and good night.
    Hear, hear.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

How rich are you @dribbles?

You're seriously that rich that you will be able to absorb the economic impact of no deal?

You do understand that the rest of us aren't that wealthy?

No deal is the sole luxury of: super-rich right-wingers, racist pensioners on triple-locked pensions, and the very poor. Yes, this is more or less the 52% who voted Leave.

The minority views of BJ, Farage, Rees-Mogg, Carswell, Davis, etc. and all those other slathering, rabid fucktards are not those of the sane majority.

I will fight, with every breath in my body, a no deal.
    He's already said he owns his home outright, has 10s of thousands of pounds in savings and spends several grand a year on holidays abroad.

- - - Updated - - -

I do ok so in a word, yes it will have little economic impact on me and even if it did what price do you put on freedom above a life of ball and chain servitude to EU unelected masters?

How will you be personally worse off? Or did you miss the £100bn brexit dividend giveaway by our Phil a few days ago?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-Budget.html

Sadly nothing in it for Gin drinkers i fear...
    Crikey Dribbs, did you even read the article? No mention whatsoever of a "Brexit dividend," instead they're funding it by taxing Amazon and Facebook whilst driving a bigger deficit.

It does say the spending splurge relies on us getting a Brexit deal, so in your ideal situation it would be scrapped.

Uhm, I actually doubt countries in the World will stand in line at all because with a No Deal Brexit what is it the UK has to offer? They don't have a favourable geographical position in the world to trade with, they don't have anything to export.
    They will be hungry, lacking medicine, and have a NHS to dismantle.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-11-14 at 09:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They will be hungry, lacking medicine, and have a NHS to dismantle.
    I didn't say the world won't sell to the UK.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So, commentaries say that Britain caved on almost all fronts. A bit predictable, just like this prediction: Parliament will sack the "breakthrough", because the UK wouldn't be the UK if it didn't find a way to mess politics up here, too.

Still heading for a no-deal, Dribbles is probably wanking off to it as we speak. This is not a solution. DUP will most likely be the party that breaks it.

I didn't say the world won't sell to the UK.
    You asked what it has to offer: Desperation and nobody holding them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A no-deal Brexit is still unlikely to happen. May will fold and go for the BINO. Then she will go to her parliament and offer them to vote on her Brexit or no deal. Let them own their no deal votes.
    Don't think it's likely that they will wave this through. There is too much division.

The sad part is, the DUP probably has nothing to lose. I mean being destructive is their raison d'être

- - - Updated - - -

I mean in a binary vote between No Deal and whatever form of BINO Barnier handed to May to sign May should force Labour's hand imo. Everyone who will vote for No Deal will have to OWN that vote.
    Well, you could be right. This is really hard to predict without actually understanding British politics. But from what I hear, it seems this could probably end up a coin toss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even with a no deal, the UK will have their financial service sector still and a Tory government ready to privatize everything, selling premium cuts of public service at discount prices mostly to the US.
    With a no deal, the UK has no trade agreements, none, zero. They would need to implement all the rules and regulations and get agreements with other countries to accept them, the businesses that are in anyway tied to imports or exports would simply stop because they would need to reestablish trade routes first. The financial service sector would equally needed to be reconfirmed again by other countries for legal reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You asked what it has to offer: Desperation and nobody holding them back.
    That is no basis for trade, that is basis for exploit. Again, i doubt any country will stand in line because the UK has nothing to offer. Companies, sure they will try to get as much money out of the UK as possible.

The EU have boxed themselves into a corner.

You were saying?...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Sadly these people don't, my brother was one of the idiots that voted leave and he's stupid enough to believe the countries rich enough to withstand this, btw this brother of mine never finished High School and lives on the Dole oh and he's not the brightest bulb in the box even the dull ones are brighter this is the demographic of Brexiteers I've met, Don't get me wrong I love my brother but it doesnt stop me thinking he's a fucking idiot.
    Ah, the wonders of universal suffrage.

Deleted
    is may actually going to have to convince people 'a bad deal is better than no deal'

this is going to be mint.

We are going to spend a decade working out how to be worse off than we are now.

Absolute mutants who still support brexit.