View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Hopeing for sweixt, dont know why paying paying and get nothing sound like a good idea

- - - Updated - - -

Eu is just a none war way for germany to get what they have tried long time to get in wars
    It's funny to see how many people are driven by simple, pure and unadulterated hatred for Germany. It doesn't even make sense these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The irony is that, normally, the BBC is criticised for picking audiences that are left-biased. It's happened time after time - UKIP railing against the BBC for picking a 'hostile' audience.
    A borderline nazi party accusing the BBC of picking biased audiences when they don't pick UKIP fanbois? I'm shocked! Nay, outraged at the thought!

No, really. I am. Totally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Are there any posters here who aren't trolling?
    Many, but their voices are barely heard over the sound of insanity going lalala.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    slants gonna get banned for telling you to fuck off, but hes spot on.

This is pure dogshit.
    Thank you for reading my mind, saves me an infraction, because that is exactly what I would have done. Ha, mods, see how you infract me for this one! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Lots of news coming out of Westminster of cross party talks about a second referendum.

And unlike what other Remainers are saying, i'm fully behind a second referendum to overturn the result of the first referendum, fuck the Leavers, i'm done standing idly by as they charge relentlessly towards a cliff edge dragging the rest of us with them.
    Hum... you're tickling an interesting point in my head. See, I'm for a referendum if the goal is to get an updated democratic result. I hope you're not endorsing a second referendum with the goal of "changing the mistake", because that feels just wrong. We're all rooting for a different outcome in a hypothetical second referendum, but we need to make sure that everyone, especially the Brexiteers, understand that it's not about "voting until the dunces get it right" but instead about "getting an honest chance of knowing what exactly it is we're voting on and what the actual options are".

That's IMO the only way you'll convince everyone to have a go at it. Not that I want to tell you how to run your country. I don't want to presume...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I frankly don't understand why people would be against a 2nd referendum. Now that people actually know what brexit entails, a more informed decision can be made on the matter.
    Bluntly? Brexiteers are against it because they have won already. Why would they be for a referendum in which they have a 50/50 chance (or better, according to the polls) at having "their victory" snatched away from them?

It's not difficult. You just have to be a cynical bastard like me and things like Brexiteers are really transparent.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-12-17 at 01:06 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

im pretty sure if we just tell the brexiteers that we've left they wont have a fucking scooby anyway.
    You might want to stay out of this thread as you clearly possess a fucking brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's funny to see how many people are driven by simple, pure and unadulterated hatred for Germany. It doesn't even make sense these days.
    It would help if you would confine your comments to matters in your own country or something you actually understand. If there is anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'm not entirely sure you can overestimate how bad a no deal will be, WTO will cripple this country and put us into the worst recession in living memory.
    Idiot remainers and leavers sound strangely alike with their hyperbolic language and dumb predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by nathwolp View Post
    Why do stupid cunts spend their time asking pointless questions on mmo forums?
    the irony is strong

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The 2 statements don't cross each other imo.
    So you're going with zero self-reflection. Grats I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

It would help if you would confine your comments to matters in your own country or something you actually understand. If there is anything.
    Oh please... is that supposed to impress anyone? Please, keep this shit up, mods might actually rethink their silly position on minimum post counts in this subforum.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

im pretty sure if we just tell the brexiteers that we've left they wont have a fucking scooby anyway.
    Is that cockney rhyming slang - Scooby Doo/Clue? Yikes.

The main problem is the UK, well to be more precise the English, are James Bond in thier heads but Mr.Bean in reality.
    I got the feeling in the Brexit negotiations that a lot of Brexiteers fancied themselves season 2 & 3 Blackadder, when they're more season 1 Blackadder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    ideally when people make statements like this, they would then be forced to give more details
    That sounds like something an expert would say. People in this country have had enough of experts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You are comparing legal with illegal immigration. Assuming that immigration controls will be placed on EU nationals (I don't know if they will) they will still be illegal in the UK whether they entered via the Irish border or arrived at Heathrow on a tourist visa (or whatever the latest scheme is) and as an illegal immigrant they will be subject to laws that make it difficult to find work or accommodation. In a way it would be like a UK citizen flying to Gibraltar in order to cross into Spain (Yes, I know there is a whacking great border there) when they could just pay their £7 and £30 to Ryanair or Easyjet and then fly straight into Barcelona.

Given that living standards are broadly similar across the EU and we have shitty weather I don't think there will be much incentive for EU nationals to become illegal immigrants in the UK let alone take the more convoluted route of travelling to ROI in order to cross into the UK.

But really this is not an area of discussion I want to get into.
    Wait... wait... did you just basically argue against the entire immigration justification for Brexit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That is one further interesting point, have your MPs discussed at all how they want to change immigration laws after Brexit?

An additional point, the MPs will eventually have to deal with seasonal aggrarian workers and forms of working visas for them. It is just a fact of the agricultural industry that this is needed and no one local will do it. Beyond that it then depends on how strong your labour controls are against illegal workers (because some people WILL overstay their visas). And it all probably gets complicated by the anachronist imperialists in your government who prefer their farm slaves come from the Commonwealth than Eastern Europe.
    As far as I know no they haven't but to be honest Brexit news has been completely dominated by other things so I might have missed it.

There was talk at the beginning of the Brexit process of a seasonal visa for agricultural workers (I think a similar scheme ran prior to our EEC membership but don't quote me on that) but I don't know whether this idea has been fleshed out or not. I have heard (but this is second hand information so make of it what you will) that agricultural businesses are investing heavily in automation to minimise the risks of the loss of seasonal workers. I won't go too much into your last point but I would imagine that many in government would prefer that we were less reliant on cheap foreign labour which would lead to our productivity levels improving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Because I've gotten sick and tired that the lower class idiots have been tricked by the rich could ruin my children's futures, I'm thinking of them and how I would hate to see them trying to make a life for themselves in a struggling country because all some low class idiot can quote is "muh soverienty" fuck them they're scum and idiotic and they don't even realize they are going to make themselves poorer.
    Oh. When you put it like that, I am sure that after listening to your sage words leave voters will be falling over themselves to demand a 2nd referendum so they change their vote. It's either that or they'll ignore you.

Deleted
    Hum... you're tickling an interesting point in my head. See, I'm for a referendum if the goal is to get an updated democratic result. I hope you're not endorsing a second referendum with the goal of "changing the mistake", because that feels just wrong. We're all rooting for a different outcome in a hypothetical second referendum, but we need to make sure that everyone, especially the Brexiteers, understand that it's not about "voting until the dunces get it right" but instead about "getting an honest chance of knowing what exactly it is we're voting on and what the actual options are".

That's IMO the only way you'll convince everyone to have a go at it. Not that I want to tell you how to run your country. I don't want to presume...
    I don't care if it looks like we're voting till we get "the correct" option, as far as i'm concerned everyone who voted Leave in the first referendum has proven they don't deserve the vote in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Idiot remainers and leavers sound strangely alike with their hyperbolic language and dumb predictions.
    Literally no one cares what you think burner.

No deal doesn't necessarily mean that the GFA will be breached and I'd rather not get into discussions about Ireland as in general whenever it is brought up it ends up going nowhere.
    I advise you to read the GFA before making such claims about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I advise you to read the GFA before making such claims about it.
    presumably him not liking to get into discussions about Ireland (outside of saying stupid things and then running away) extends to not liking to read things about Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    presumably him not liking to get into discussions about Ireland (outside of saying stupid things and then running away) extends to not liking to read things about Ireland
    But not to not mentioning Ireland and to not abusing it to argue a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Hopeing for sweixt, dont know why paying paying and get nothing sound like a good idea

- - - Updated - - -

Eu is just a none war way for germany to get what they have tried long time to get in wars
    You know Germany isn't the only nation that thought it would be cool to rule Europe, right? Most of the last millenium was a struggle between France and Germany (or rather the German states) for European domination, but the other nations all wanted to get in on the action too. How many times has Sweden been to war with Denmark again? How long did you fight with Russia over possession of Finland?

No deal doesn't necessarily mean that the GFA will be breached and I'd rather not get into discussions about Ireland as in general whenever it is brought up it ends up going nowhere.
    Yes, it does. And you'll have to talk about Ireland, because that is the main reason why May's deal will a) fail in Parliament or b) turn you into a vassal. And if it fails, it will rekindle the Troubles. This isn't anything the EU is doing. This is an automatism that is already in place and in motion. The UK set it in motion when they invoked A50. And it has a countdown of 2 years. And when you crash out, because May's deal will make liars out of every prom visitor singing "Britons never shall be slaves", you will be falling back to WTO terms. The saviour. The thing that's better than being in the EU. And if you want to trade with anyone, anyone, you will follow WTO terms. Which means customs. A default rate, for everyone. And that means proper border controls. And those mean a border. And the GFA is gone... poof, like smoke in the air...

Not talking about the problem doesn't make it go away. That kind of attitude is what got you into this mess in the first place. You sitting on the high horse pretending to preside over this debate isn't helping anyone, especially since it's not actually a horse but an ass you're sitting on. Get off it and do some research.
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-12-17 at 12:03 PM.

I mean rekindling the Troubles is one part of the problem. The other part is lawsuits. The RoI will take them to the ICJ for breaching the GFA and so can individual NI citizens. Any corporate entities that have recently established head offices in NI (and in UK in general) may sue the government for damages.
    It's The British Emp... erm, I mean, the United Kingdom. They don't care what some judge in a foreign land thinks. They can make that judge cower in fear before the might of the British Empire. Or they can whisper sweet nothings into that judge's ear and they will turn around and find the EU GUILTY of all crimes against the UK there ever were committed! Because that is the natural order of things!

You still don't get how they think, do you? They don't care... Pann stopped listening when you said "lawsuits" and he's now gently dozing and dreaming of himself as the supreme ruler deciding over who can or cannot take part in this debate. The British are so disconnected, most of them don't even know what you mean by ICJ, why it exists, that it exists, where it is and what it's there for. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some English that think Ireland is basically part of the UK and only allowed to play football under their own flag because Scotland can do that too. And Wales. Because nobody wants to play with those tossers. Except Bale, because he's fast and plays for Madrid and in FIFA he's really, really good.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some English that think Ireland is basically part of the UK
    I presume you have seen this already, but the Andrew Bridgen interview where he states all English people are automatically entitled to Irish Passports (they're not, unless they have direct Irish ancestry) and all Irish people are automatically entitled to vote in UK elections (they can't, unless they live in the UK) then ends the call and turns his phone off to avoid them calling him back is a really something
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-12-17 at 01:30 PM.

I mean there are several wide categories of crops were automation is not an option but I don't really know what you produce in the UK. But agriculture will need immediate support post Brexit in a no deal to handle the loss of exports, the need to replace the CAP, and the need to replace seasonal workers.
    As I said it is second hand information so I cannot vouch for its validity but I must confess when I had a brief look into the subject I was surprised and impressed by the amount of crops that can be tended to and harvested by machine.

CAP is an extremely contentious issue in the UK for farmers as many of them are lease holders and as result never see the benefits of any subsidies. I don't know enough to say how reliant the UK farming industry is on subsidies but here is an article reporting how post Brexit farming funding may work; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42559845

- - - Updated - - -

I mean rekindling the Troubles is one part of the problem. The other part is lawsuits. The RoI will take them to the ICJ for breaching the GFA and so can individual NI citizens. Any corporate entities that have recently established head offices in NI (and in UK in general) may sue the government for damages.
    I am curious as which clause(s) in the Good Friday Agreement Brexit violates and if there is any international case law that would support a successful case against the UK from either the RoI or British individuals.

Also I am not sure how any business that has recently established a head office would be able to bring a successful case against the British government. On what grounds would they be able to bring case against the UK government?

I'd be interested to read any information you have on this as it is not being reported at all in the UK. Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46592394

What could possibly go wrong???

This is an old one but from a decent source and by all accounts still relevant for no deal Brexit:
    http://ukandeu.ac.uk/can-investors-s...k-over-brexit/. It also references the Nissan case; if in its correspondance with a prospective investor, the UK had touted its value as a bridge to EU markets, they can nail the UK on that.

Beyond that I had read this: http://www.keepcalmtalklaw.co.uk/can...s-over-brexit/ but I am not sure about the site and no time to research it now.
    Thanks for the links they are interesting reads. However both articles assert that any case against the UK government would be far from certain to succeed and indeed the keepcalmtalklaw article concludes "it is highly unlikely that Brexit would constitute a violation of an investment treaty per se." I guess the devil will be in the detail and as usual with complex legal cases there will be only one winner - the lawyers.

I don't suppose you have any information on the GFA? I've had a look but cannot find anything that points to grounds for the UK being taken to the ICJ for breaching it.

- - - Updated - - -

Theresa May announces that the meaningful vote will take place in the week beginning 14th Jan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46586673

Well that is totally not setting the date so late as to make those against it vote for it because too close to march to push for a second vote on remaining

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well that is totally not setting the date so late as to make those against it vote for it because too close to march to push for a second vote on remaining
    so hopefully enough MPs are brave enough to stand up against May's pathetic gibberish and force a no confidence motion leading to a peoples vote, so we can fix the mess that Cameron started