View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Very good.

How does a backhand get inserted up someone's anus? I'm too scared to google it!
    I would imagine with a not-insignificant amount of lubrication and physical exertion. But we shouldn't kink-shame the man

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I would imagine with a not-insignificant amount of lubrication and physical exertion. But we shouldn't kink-shame the man
    Oh... I wish I'd never asked!

My daughter who was celebrating getting her Erasmus place last week was today sent an e-mail by @durham_uni to tell her the funding for 2019/20 was not secured in case of a no-deal Brexit. Thank you Leave voters for shitting on my daughter's dreams
    #takingbackcontrol

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh... I wish I'd never asked!

Mock the Week is actually relevant for once!
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-02-08 at 10:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    31,576 UK citizens voted for Kate Hoey, yet she gets to represent 66.02 million? 0.05% of the UK voted for her, that's some democratic deficit right there.

Anyone could vote for the party she represents in her area. No one in the UK could vote for the party Guy Verhoftwat represents. Kate Hoey has some democratic legitimacy in the UK and only speaks for her constituents within the UK, not pretending to be president or prime minister.

That Guy guy has none and yet speaks for the whole of the EU.

The clue is in him using the title President. That's your deficit.

Who in the UK voted for President Guy? Who can hold him accountable? No one in the UK. He never has and never will represent us.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    He never has and never will represent us.
    Speak for yourself - I'm European and proud to say that he represents me far more than a raving idiot like Kate Hoey ever will
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-02-08 at 10:41 PM.

Very amusing. 500,000 EU citizens voted for him yet he gets to represent 500 milllion? 0.1% of the EU voted for him, that's some democratic deficit right there.
    Very amusing. 37,718 UK citizens voted for Theresa May. 0.057% of the UK voted for her, yet she gets to represent 66 million. She was elected PM by the House of Commons. Just like Verhofstadt was elected to his position by the MEPs (directly elected by the European electorate).

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Have fun all, it's been a pleasure exchanging views.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

I'm just going to quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Alternatively the UK could finally end the occupation of Ireland altogether, NI gets reunited with the RoI and unionists can go fuck themselves. How about that?
    and add this link: Brexit: 'Very real' chance of Irish unity poll if no deal
    Several cabinet ministers have told the BBC a no-deal Brexit could lead to a vote on Irish unification.

It would be amazing if a no deal Brexit would lead to Irish reunification and Scottish independence ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh Nigel, what are we going to do with you....

Secret plan for lower taxes after no-deal Brexit in bid to boost economy.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/08/secre...onomy-8472400/

So "Project After" has, quite sensibly, begun. Oh and "Project Bluebell", nothing to do with blue passports either.

Corporation, Vat, income tax, regulation cuts to boost business investment bringing a brexit dividend for all. Who would oppose tax cuts? Only those lazy people who don't pay any tax in the first place. There is a definite debate to be had that people, probably remainers, who haven't contributed to society shouldn't be allowed to shape its future. I would say nobody who has paid less than £10k in income tax over their lifetime should be able to vote. I'd even support a second referendum then.

Seriously I know many self employed people and you are the first in a lifetime I have met who wants more needless red tape regulation and more tax. Oh well, looks like it is going my way rather than yours.

Plans in place and well advanced for that sweet no deal brexit in just 49 days time.... nearly there now, Tick tock.
    "The secret project, known as Project After, is being overseen by Cabinet Secretary Sir Mark Sedwill and will look at what emergency polices may be needed if the economy crashes after a no-deal Brexit."

Crashing the economy sounds like an awesome plan! Wooohooo go brexit!

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the UK hold up trucks entering if it is not in our interest?
    The question Alex is, how could we help organized crime?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, does Panns argument come down to "heathrow is building a third lane therefore brexit is not that big of a deal?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone could vote for the party she represents in her area.
    And herein lies the real issue.

It's not that they're undemocratically appointed.

It's that they're democratically elected by the wrong people. How is this different to any other EU member state who has no say on the MEPs we send?

Also Guy Verhofstadt isn't the president, he's the leader of a coalition of liberal MEPs from different countries.

Anyone could vote for the party she represents in her area. No one in the UK could vote for the party Guy Verhoftwat represents. Kate Hoey has some democratic legitimacy in the UK and only speaks for her constituents within the UK, not pretending to be president or prime minister.

That Guy guy has none and yet speaks for the whole of the EU.

The clue is in him using the title President. That's your deficit.

Who in the UK voted for President Guy? Who can hold him accountable? No one in the UK. He never has and never will represent us.
    You poor little thing... you really have no clue, do you? No idea how the world works, and yet here you are, ranting and raving like a madman. Making a fool of yourself, saying all the wrong things... what a joke you are.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Why would the UK hold up trucks entering if it is not in our interest? The answer for the diminishing number of people who still read the Guardian is that it won't. In the short term HMRC have already confirmed trucks will be able to cross the border and file customs forms at a later date.
    This is, of course, assuming that they make it across the Channel to begin with.

The government has scrapped the Seaborne Freight contract (the "emergency deal in the case of no-deal"), after it emerged that the company due to supply ferries had pulled out of the deal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47182361

This is, of course, assuming that they make it across the Channel to begin with.

The government has scrapped the Seaborne Freight contract (the "emergency deal in the case of no-deal"), after it emerged that the company due to supply ferries had pulled out of the deal.

So, basically we're back to the UK relying on EU companies to conduct ferry services? That's totally taking back control...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, basically we're back to the UK relying on EU companies to conduct ferry services? That's totally taking back control...
    The company which would have been supplying the ships is registered in the Republic of Ireland (it has a subsidiary office in Rotterdam). Approximately 50 km south of Dublin.

http://www.asl.ie/about-us/

So the UK would have been dependent on an EU-based company for the shipping even if the deal hadn't fallen through.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-02-09 at 09:50 AM.

The company which would have been supplying the ships is registered in the Republic of Ireland (it has a subsidiary office in Rotterdam). Approximately 50 km south of Dublin.

http://www.asl.ie/about-us/

So the UK would have been dependent on an EU-based company for the shipping even if the deal hadn't fallen through.
    Oh? Ah, I thought they were British at least. Either way, not a day goes by without news that individually wouldn't be a catastrophe, but taken altogether indicate a pretty grim situation.

Hmm, I hope our skilled negotiators do a better job negotiating trade deals than they are at making deals with freight companies that have no ships... or financial history...
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-02-09 at 10:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very amusing. 37,718 UK citizens voted for Theresa May. 0.057% of the UK voted for her, yet she gets to represent 66 million. She was elected PM by the House of Commons. Just like Verhofstadt was elected to his position by the MEPs (directly elected by the European electorate).
    So Theresa May and Kate Hoey are directly accountable to UK voters and can be removed by UK voters. Democratic yes? How can UK voters remove Guy Verhofwotnot? They can't, that is not democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    I'm just going to quote myself and add this link: Brexit: 'Very real' chance of Irish unity poll if no deal

It would be amazing if a no deal Brexit would lead to Irish reunification and Scottish independence ...
    Your location says you are Hun, but I am just guessing you are Irish yes? So you would say that wouldn't you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "The secret project, known as Project After, is being overseen by Cabinet Secretary Sir Mark Sedwill and will look at what emergency polices may be needed if the economy crashes after a no-deal Brexit."

Crashing the economy sounds like an awesome plan! Wooohooo go brexit!

- - - Updated - - -

The question Alex is, how could we help organized crime?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, does Panns argument come down to "heathrow is building a third lane therefore brexit is not that big of a deal?"
    Who is Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And herein lies the real issue.

It's not that they're undemocratically appointed.

It's that they're democratically elected by the wrong people. How is this different to any other EU member state who has no say on the MEPs we send?

Also Guy Verhofstadt isn't the president, he's the leader of a coalition of liberal MEPs from different countries.
    Forgive me. The EU has so many Presidents, what is it at least a dozen? It is hard to keep up with who is and who isn't one. EU Presidents, two a penny, all unelected by UK voters and not removable by UK voters and unaccountable to UK voters. Much similarity to how North Korea appoints its great leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You poor little thing... you really have no clue, do you? No idea how the world works, and yet here you are, ranting and raving like a madman. Making a fool of yourself, saying all the wrong things... what a joke you are.
    Not the brightest candle are you? Think you are launching doodlebugs, yet in fact are firing blanks. Carry on....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

So Theresa May and Kate Hoey are directly accountable to UK voters and can be removed by UK voters. Democratic yes? How can UK voters remove Guy Verhofwotnot? They can't, that is not democratic.
    Why would a UK citizen have anything to say who the Belgium citizen vote for?
    I want to vote for the British parliament as well!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Why would a UK citizen have anything to say who the Belgium citizen vote for?
    I want to vote for the British parliament as well!!!!
    UK parliamentarians do not speak for the EU or Belgian people though. Why should someone from Belgium issue diktats to the people of the UK without being accountable in a democratic process to those same people?

If one of the great leaders of the EU, therefore at the minute also the UK, wants to order UK people about, he should be accountable to those very same people.