View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    All I see is talk about internal UK politics. Seriously... I get that it's easy to fall back into the old pattern of talking as if all of this was an internal issue of the UK. But it's really, really not. Case in point: The outcome of the Brexit process is absolutely and utterly disconnected from the process of appointing a new PM. Let me rephrase that: Whoever is going to be PM won't change what happens on Halloween one bit. Unless you lot take to the streets and start making some real noise. The weather's good, make use of it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Tick tock.... again? Lmfao. Honestly cant wait for little England to leave the EU at this point.
    So many secret brexiteers in this topic. We are all on the same side mate and all want the same thing! Are there any pro remainers left? Come here, let's all have a mmo-c group big Boris hug now we are united and all on the same page. Meanwhile the good Brexit news keeps on piling up...

EU shocked as investment in Britain booms - and beats France and Germany combined.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...-latest-update

As a healthy dose of realism dawns for the EU..

Brussels admits there's NO WAY to force UK to cough up £39bn Brexit bill

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...inister-update

Can't say we haven't been telling them this all along can we eurochums?, looks like the UK is all set for an independence day treat, not trick this hallloween...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    “They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM… They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Labour Party has handed power over to the brooding Scottish power-maniac.”
    Not unusual for hypocrisy in politics.

Matt Hancock has dropped out of the Tory leadership race.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48631706

Christ, really looks like we might end up with Johnson as Prime minister.

People keep saying that he's like a mini-Trump. Sure they're both populist buffoons with daft hair and no internal filter, but that's where most of the similarities really end.

Despite the "everyman" act, Johnsons just old establishment eton bred posh-twat Torie, through and through. The kind of relic we don't need anymore. Cut from the same pig-fucking cloth as Cameron..

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The weather's good, make use of it.
    Sadly, one thing both remainers and leavers can roundly agree on is that the weather is actually completely crap at the moment. The jet stream refuses to shift back north and it's windy and rainy.

I think the next large anti-Brexit demonstration is planned for July 20 in London

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Christ, really looks like we might end up with Johnson as Prime minister.
    If you are a remainer that's your best hope now really and will give the biggest chance of the softest WTO brexit possible. Anything else leads to Farage as PM with the Tories as the minor party in coalition. As a brexiteer am I now in a no lose scenario?

Latest yougov Westminster polling gives...

BXP: 26% (=)
    LDM: 22% (+2)
    LAB: 19% (-1)
    CON: 17% (-1)
    GRN: 8% (-1)
    TIG: 1% (+1)
    UKIP: 0% (-1)

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...86313953054720

With the House of Commons made up like this...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a pure fantasy to suggest the Brexit party can take 200+ seats away from the Tories. Utter fantasy. They won't even have enough candidates let alone people voting for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lib Dems will tell you how doing well at local and euro elections means squat in a GE.

America will tell you how pointless polls are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Lib Dems will tell you how doing well at local and euro elections means squat in a GE.

America will tell you how pointless polls are these days.
    Early polls are stupid because the questions asked are to far removed from people';s mind to actually care. There are some lessons to be learned like if you are unpopular but have a huge name renegotiation like if your the President of a certain country.

2016 US Polls where accurate overall and if you look at Trumps win it was within the margin of error. Issue was that most pundits are idiots who's job is to look pretty or to be stupid so they would come up with technically overal accurate chance of victory for Clinton that was ignoring the margin of error in 3 key states.
    Last edited by ati87; 2019-06-14 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If you are a remainer that's your best hope now really and will give the biggest chance of the softest WTO brexit possible. Anything else leads to Farage as PM with the Tories as the minor party in coalition. As a brexiteer am I now in a no lose scenario?

I mean, you say this but BXP couldn't even win in Petersborough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I mean, you say this but BXP couldn't even win in Petersborough.
    How does 26% of the votes lead to 47%-49% of the seats? That looks completely broken

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    How does 26% of the votes lead to 47%-49% of the seats? That looks completely broken
    FPTP can do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Past the Post is a hell of a drug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's FPTP being a system of running elections that really should have been abandoned decades ago. It doesn't just look completely broken, it is just that.

So talk me through how two parties controlling 400 of the MPs are going to vote for a GE when they know they are going to hand all their seats over to the Brexit party? Fact is, even if the Brexit party can reach those numbers in a GE (they can't) and even if they could maintain that for 3 years until the next GE (they won't) and even if they can avoid the rascist crazy spilling out before that GE (it will) they STILL won't get that many seats. Because before anyone calls a GE that would hand them that power, or before we get to the next GE in 2022, you would see a vote in Parliament to move to some form of PR to neuter them.

And you know what 26% of the vote in a party that literally nobody would touch with a bargepole is called? I will give you a clue; it's not a fucking majority.

You've still lost dribbles. And it's highly amusing to me that you are still pretending not to realise it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So talk me through how two parties controlling 400 of the MPs are going to vote for a GE when they know they are going to hand all their seats over to the Brexit party? Fact is, even if the Brexit party can reach those numbers in a GE (they can't) and even if they could maintain that for 3 years until the next GE (they won't) and even if they can avoid the rascist crazy spilling out before that GE (it will) they STILL won't get that many seats. Because before anyone calls a GE that would hand them that power, or before we get to the next GE in 2022, you would see a vote in Parliament to move to some form of PR to neuter them.

And you know what 26% of the vote in a party that literally nobody would touch with a bargepole is called? I will give you a clue; it's not a fucking majority.

You've still lost dribbles. And it's highly amusing to me that you are still pretending not to realise it.
    Two words to you or one name - "Dominic Grieve", a brexiteers best friend. All Boris has to do is say no deal one to many times and bam, grievey rolls out the parliamentary red carpet and the doors of No 10 to Farage.

Dominic Grieve: MP says he'll BRING DOWN the government to stop a No Deal Brexit

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-hell-16508243

Every which way you remainers turn, you've lost.

Two words to you or one name - "Dominic Grieve", a brexiteers best friend. All Boris has to do is say no deal one to many times and bam, grievey rolls out the parliamentary red carpet and the doors of No 10 to Farage.

Dominic Grieve: MP says he'll BRING DOWN the government to stop a No Deal Brexit

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-hell-16508243

Every which way you remainers turn, you've lost.
    And to think you guys used to be the pragmatic, sensible, reasonable ones ...

Boris will be our next party leader and therefore PM. Frankly the leadership contest has nothing to do with the BBC and other MSM outlets, and the wider public as a whole, and this enrages the BBC especially as they know there is nothing they can do about it.

The MP's just need to get Boris through to the last two, and the membership will take care of the rest.

Hard Brexit here we come

Let's hope our exit is the first brick out of the wall. Italy next? Let's hope so. The Germans can't sustain the bloc themselves.

I will enjoy watching the EU crumble.

FPTP where you can get so low and be declared the winner. In one part of the uk in 2015 a candidate for 24% of the vote and was declared the winner and representative of everyone in that consituency. Even though 76% of the people said "We dont' want that one."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Boris will be our next party leader and therefore PM. Frankly the leadership contest has nothing to do with the BBC and other MSM outlets, and the wider public as a whole, and this enrages the BBC especially as they know there is nothing they can do about it.

The MP's just need to get Boris through to the last two, and the membership will take care of the rest.

Hard Brexit here we come

Let's hope our exit is the first brick out of the wall. Italy next? Let's hope so. The Germans can't sustain the bloc themselves.

I will enjoy watching the EU crumble.
    And then China, USA, India, Russia come in and carve Europe up between them setting off a case of proxy issues and hostility over the continent because small countries become puppets of big ones.