Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Neither of those things are bad though. Even in context to the Article.
    Nothing wrong with bromance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nothing wrong with bromance.
    Nothing wrong with bros before hos either. Both generally run hand in hand.

As a person with obvious bias against women, from experiences of being abused by my mother and my aunts and grandmother on her side telling me not to defend myself, all I can say is good, that's what they get.

Forgetting my bias this study is fucking bonkers. 29/30 men cuddling with men is some fan fiction territory. You couldn't find 29/30 people that cuddles at all. The fact that guys can't have deep friendships with other guys is of the highest levels of absurd. I remember a decade or two ago where the issue was men were not sharing their feelings enough, but now that they are doing it with other men and not women then suddenly there's an issue? Sorry ladies, but believe it or not everyone doesn't tell everyone everything, people have secrets or at the very least can't share some things with certain people. It is what it is.

Also, fucking lol "social scientist". You might as well be called a gossip with a title like that. That's like calling a janitor a "floor technician" just to make them feel good (and I am a janitor/cleaner and I find that floor technician title to be insane.)

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Nothing wrong with bros before hos either. Both generally run hand in hand.
    Um, no and no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no and no.
    Um, Yes and yes.

But feel free to give reasons as to why not. I await the mental gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Where it does it say anything about people choosing this type of relationship are being sexist? It doesn't even say it's a bad thing anywhere. It's just stating that it could threaten long term heterosexual relationships. Which COULD be bad for population growth since that means they're less likely to have kids as well.
    That was my takeaway but honestly just reading the comments here is more entertaining than trying to point that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    These survey based "researchers" that are based out of learning institutions are always hilarious.

They ask loaded ass question they know they'll get a desired response from. The questions are biased as fuck.

Then they give it some triggering ass title and BAM publication. This is all bullshit, gotta love it!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Um, Yes and yes.

But feel free to give reasons as to why not. I await the mental gymnastics.
    Why would they run hand in hand?

And no.

Deleted
    What the heck? Men have been close comrades (in a no-homo way) in war and hunting since the dawn of time. And now it threatens relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    This is ridiculous. Women have had "bromances" with fellow females since history started being written and they still get to fuck men.
    The article linked in the OP is practically demonstrating an attitude that can be summed up as "it's sexist when men do it".
    Probably to generate more clicks.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this article has "bromance" confused with "bros before hos".
    The author simply didn't ever hear of the concept of "friendship" in a non-facebook context ever before, so they invented a word ("bromance") for it.

What? Nah dude.

If I want to hang out with my bros, then why not?

What the hell is this article, even?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    They surveyed 30 undergraduates?

Was this someone's class project?
    The probably surveyed more than that but only those 30 fit the criteria to appear in the official study.
    According to the article linked in the op: "All the men involved in the study had had ‘bromantic’ friends who they lived with, and had known for at least 18 months."
    To me that sounds like they were picked according to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    if 2 dudes are having sex or cuddling thats not bromance that would be a gay relationship, but good on them for taking the drama out of relationships
    According to the article "cuddling" could mean the patted each other on the shoulders when meeting, once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It seems to me men are just not allowed to do anything in their lives that isn't oriented around women.
    That just might be the opinion of the author of the article.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Was into the article until it started talking about cuddling with their bro. I've had bromances before, but never did I cuddle. You might slap ass, push or give a wet willy, but cuddling in bed? That's no bromance, that's called being stuck in the closet.
    Reread the article, what you are mentioning does fit their definition of "cuddeling", goes beyond that even, so according to them you did in fact "cuddle" and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Um yes we are. It's human nature. If someone isn't they need to seek help.
    You are projecting again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Now you're being pedantic. No, you won't die from not having sex, but it is considered a "biological need".
    Pedantic and wrong, don't forget thta part.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actual friendship is so alien to women who backstab and bitch about each other constantly that they do not understand it. Also probably due to feminists being unable to accept men enjoying themselves in a way that doesn't involve giving them attention or money somehow so naturally want them to stop it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

The sad part is that despite the title, the questionable conclusions of almost everyone here, and all the outrage against the article, the article is true. Communication is a very common reason why relationships fail. Electing to do so with someone else instead of your significant other is destined to cause some problems, however sexist, as the OP puts it, it is. Thread shows quite the level of nativety.

So, Männerbund is making a comeback. Ok.

This is nothing new, social scientists are apparently idiots. This is a very simple concept, men think women are crazy but like sex so the guys spend large quantities of times together but also maintain a stable relationship with a woman. Turns out, you can have a "bromance" and a normal relationship at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, because slapping ass = sleeping in the same bed and cuddling? Well guess I've been living under a rock.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they run hand in hand?

And no.
    Because Male friendships generally are better if you don't let hos interfere. So bromances and bros before hos is very much related.

Because Male friendships generally are better if you don't let hos interfere. So bromances and bros before hos is very much related.
    It honest to god sounds like you're afraid of girl germs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honest to god sounds like you're afraid of girl germs.
    You do realise there is a difference between your Mate being in a relationship with a normal Woman and hos that are just cunts that ruin things?

Many of my mates have Wives and Girlfriends that are awesome people. a few of them at times have dated hos that just caused shit between everyone.

Bros before hos is a very easy concept.

It honest to god sounds like you are too scared to admit that Women can be assholes and toxic to male friendships. I mean this article is literally some cunts crying that Guys being friends ruins relationships.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-10-16 at 03:05 AM.