Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"If you cheat, I'm going to hit you but don't hit me back"

What do you think about the quote? This post is not about women hitting men or vice versa as that thread has been done to death. Instead it puts an interesting spin by justifying your partner hitting you because you're in the wrong, that is, you cheated on them. I personally think it is never right to hit another partner even if they provoke or attack you first, there is always the option to walk away. However, I can also see in the situation where cheating is involved the cheater should expect a backhanded slap at the very least. It's not a big deal.

A strong backhanded slap can send a woman flying against the wall, just saying.

My Grandad told me real men dont hit woman no matter what and i never have and never will even if provoked.

He was the perfect gentlemen who was married to my nan for nearly 65 years.

You may not agree with him or me but thats just me and the code i have followed in my 38 years of life.

I mean if someone hits you there's nothing wrong with you swinging back. Whoever escalated it to that level is at fault not the person who swings back.

Though I guess to be fair a backhand from me would send your average woman flying but a backhand from the average woman would just piss me off.

Deleted
    The real issue is door slamming

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you just dump the person who cheated on you and try to move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s not right to hit someone, but it’s also not right to hit that person back in retaliation. That isn’t self defense.
    Pretty much square the fuck on.

Being hit doesn't give you carte blanche to strike someone back, not that you need one, but just understand that kind of immature shit will not really influence the judge. You don't get a they hit me so I hit them.

Then both of you will fucking pay for it. Hopping next time one or both will act like grown ups and descalate the situation.

Keep in mind though, as stated above self defense is different and like anything else you better be able to prove that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You hit people if they're hitting you to get them to stop.

You don't hit people for revenge. Whether that's revenge for cheating or revenge for getting hurt, either one is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s not right to hit someone, but it’s also not right to hit that person back in retaliation. That isn’t self defense.
    We agree on that. However, what do you think about the cheating element. If your partner came to you today and said I've cheated bla bla bla. Can you see yourself becoming violent? And is that violence justified?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    We agree on that. However, what do you think about the cheating element. If your partner came to you today and said I've cheated bla bla bla. Can you see yourself becoming violent? And is that violence justified?
    OFC it isn't justified

If you can't control yourself seek therapy

Or you can not hit, and gain a good standing in divorce cort and take everything.

Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    My Grandad told me real men dont hit woman no matter what and i never have and never will even if provoked.

He was the perfect gentlemen who was married to my nan for nearly 65 years.

You may not agree with him or me but thats just me and the code i have followed in my 38 years of life.
    Your grand-dad grew up in a time frame where women acted like women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    If my sweetie poo came to me and told me she cheated and sucked every dick up and down the block, the answer is NO, I am not allowed to hit her nor should anybody else in the same situation.

She is a fucking disloyal and obviously I was too stupid and had a blind spot, but that was my decisions too to be with her in any event.

As for the other part of what you said could I see myself getting violent, HELL YES!

I could go OJ Simpson for sure, that being said I am not proud of that, but anybody and I mean anybody love is a very very sensitive and dangerous thing, it's why domestic calls are some of the most dangerous for Law Enforcement.

Because when you are ANGRY and HURT that deeply it can be easy to snap, but try to cling to being the better person and at the very least walk out, call a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Your grand-dad grew up in a time frame where women acted like women.
    As in they used to have laws you could beat women with a stick no thicker than a man's thumb? Because that is a pretty fucked up idea about women.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-13 at 01:42 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Back in my grandads day they could beat up there wives and the police would just walk past and shrug and say just say its just another 'Domestic'

Hitting someone is assault and no the way to handle someone else’s bad behavior. Ones sets themselves up for legal consequences. “If you cheat, I’m going to end my relationship with you” is all you can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    As in they used to have laws you could beat women with a stick no thicker than a man's thumb? Because that is a pretty fucked up idea about women.
    Women had a touch of class back in the day, but feel free to dig up whatever demonizing ideals you want.

If you want I can go on YouTube and provide hours of entertainment examples for women who decided they wanted to be men and get treated as such.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-13 at 01:50 PM.

My gf punches me and hurts her hand. If I were to hit her I could kill her. It's an obvious difference between men and women that the culture takes into consideration. It's taboo to hit women and for good reason.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Women had a touch of class back in the day, but feel free to dig up whatever demonizing ideals you want.
    Timetraveler?

Some people sure are dying for an excuse to clobber women.

No one should hit anyone in such a situation. Just leave and go your own way.