Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The product is improved as a whole and will keep being improved, but it does not mean that everything will be improved at the same time. Yes, sucks that my main is not getting visual updates, but when I shelled out 60 eurobucks + sub, I did it for Legion as a whole and dayum there certainly are issue, but the product as a whole is stellar, even if I don't get everything I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The product is improved as a whole and will keep being improved, but it does not mean that everything will be improved at the same time. Yes, sucks that my main is not getting visual updates, but when I shelled out 60 eurobucks + sub, I did it for Legion as a whole and dayum there certainly are issue, but the product as a whole is stellar, even if I don't get everything I want.
    A friend of mine that came back to WOW was able to get a refund on his character boost when he came to realize this his spell animations looked like 2005 not 2017. I take that as an admission on Blizzards part that they know how embarrassing it looks. Just play a priest or shaman and see for yourself the difference.

Its not just in the visuals either. My human priest feels smooth and polished. The spells flows naturally and the motions correspond to it. My Human Affliction lock looks like she is having an epileptic seizure when she casts. Nothing flows smoothly and it feels discombobulated.

I keep seeing posts saying just be patient, things will look better, but again, for me expansions are the equivalent of buying new game, considering how little anything you do in the previous play is meaningful to the next.

Perhaps the game designers just do not want people playing Warlocks as crazy as that sounds.

I mained spriest in Legion. God it’s beatiful. Visually beautiful. But the gameplay of affliction is so much more beautiful. I’m back to maining warlock and I’m so happy. When the animations finally arrive it’s going to be spectacular

@Abraxas79 I think it more admission that blizzard wants to keep people happy for whatever arbitrary reason and will sometimes bend over backwards to do so. See it regularly with the services being refunded, someone having a transfer refunded isn't an admission of something when that person claims they "screwed up" (when really the guild they were going to fell through or something).

Also again many spells are sure as fuck not from 2005, we had some spell animation updates as recently as last xpac and some from this xpac. Yeah locks need the fancy treatment others got but man I don't get the fervor about this when the state of the class is so much bigger of a deal and something that is legitimately in disarray right now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    The fanboyism and blizzard sycofantism is ridiculous in this thread. Glad I quit this game. Keep up the good job bois. Maybe Blizz will give you a popsickle to suck along their blatant PR excuses and lies.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    The fanboyism and blizzard sycofantism is ridiculous in this thread. Glad I quit this game. Keep up the good job bois. Maybe Blizz will give you a popsickle to suck along their blatant PR excuses and lies.
    I keep seeing this weird recurring theme across the forum where subjective things are taken as facts and facts are taken as fanboyism simply because it disagrees with them.

Shits weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I keep seeing this weird recurring theme across the forum where subjective things are taken as facts and facts are taken as fanboyism simply because it disagrees with them.

Shits weird.
    Seriously. There's a lot of outrageous hyperbole in this thread, and across the forums in general these days.

I wish Blizz had gotten Warlock visuals improved sooner, but they haven't, and it's no big deal. I still enjoy the hell out of the game, and I'll get my new spell animations eventually. It's just not that important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Shits weird.
    You seem to be ok with the fact that locks were the only class that were excluded from a graphical revamp for an entire expansion. Every single time someone points this out, you take upon yourself to rush to Blizzard's defense.

I think we understand by now. Blizzard can no wrong in your books. It is understood. A little foundation to apply to the end of your nose might blot out the brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    You seem to be ok with the fact that locks were the only class that were excluded from a graphical revamp for an entire expansion. Every single time someone points this out, you take upon yourself to rush to Blizzard's defense.

I think we understand by now. Blizzard can no wrong in your books. It is understood. A little foundation to apply to the end of your nose might blot out the brown.
    There is one thing being critical of shortcomings and there is whole another thing just incessantly bitching and making up conspiracy bullshit like that "/spit@blizzard" guy and some others who seems to be unable to let it go.

Why you are as bad as they are insinuating that people who don't instantly hate on everything have their noses stuck in Blizzard ass.

Deleted
    I like the visual effectod drain soul, but on the whole, affliction is visually very boring. You just wave your hands a lot and get a barely visible purple glow (and yes I run everythin on Ultra). Agony's effect hasn;t changed since forever, just a brief floaty skull thing. A lot of these animations (or lack therof) seem to be firmly rooted in wow of a decade ago, when you wanted to avoid overloading the client graphically. Ten years on and gfx processing power has increased hugely.

I'd like to see agony do one of the "claws slashing the air" visuals so start with, which seems to fit with the spell's operation. Unstable affliction could be a cloud dripping crap or something similar, siphon life should show an effect where stuff is sucke dout of the victim and into the warlock

Or, like me, he just thinks it isn't a big deal. Trying to insult him doesn't do your viewpoint too many favors.

There's no reason to be angry at Blizzard about it because not getting Warlock animations done yet is obviously not punitive. There's no deliberate slight to the Warlock community. It's too bad they didn't get it done, and I wish they had, but them's the breaks. It'll get done. What's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Or, like me, he just thinks it isn't a big deal. Trying to insult him doesn't do your viewpoint too many favors.

There's no reason to be angry at Blizzard about it because not getting Warlock animations done yet is obviously not punitive. There's no deliberate slight to the Warlock community. It's too bad they didn't get it done, and I wish they had, but them's the breaks. It'll get done. What's the big deal?
    Do you even play Warlock ? Visually it is a big deal. Take your Aff/Lock and go stand beside a Shaman and Priest and take a look at what a Dweep you look like. It may not matter to you, but it matters to a lot of other people.

I don't pretend to understand what motivates Blizzard's design team or what they may be thinking, however, you must be a telepathist and one who possesses great mental powers as you claim you do. If is it not a deliberate slight, the effect is the same. I can dig up the tweet from Blizzard that goes back to July, 2017 where they state that the warlock animations were not quite complete yet. We know from Blizzcon by their own admission that they had not even looked at Warlocks yet. So we were lied too. There is no other way to explain it.

Anyways, it is pointless to argue with someone who will never be convinced no matter what you show them.

I take it upon myself to point out that our current spell animations are in fact not from 2005 and that many have in fact been updated.

I'm ok with it because its probably thee least important issue warlocks are facing right now. I'm personally having the least fun playing warlock that I've ever had and whether or not they update animations is just not important to me.

Considering the books I've written on the official forums about my displeasure with the state of locks over the course of this xpac I can't imagine how you got that impression.

Really the only way is if you only read my replies to people being hyperbolic or just flat out incorrect and misconstrue them as some kind of defense of blizzard as a whole as opposed to being objective.

Do you even play Warlock ? Visually it is a big deal. Take your Aff/Lock and go stand beside a Shaman and Priest and take a look at what a Dweep you look like. It may not matter to you, but it matters to a lot of other people.
    I've been playing a Warlock as my sole main since Vanilla closed beta. I'd love to have better visuals, and I'm excited to get them, and I hope they're amazing. The fact that others got them before I did doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know they're coming, and I know they aren't rushing them out before they're 100%.

I don't pretend to understand what motivates Blizzard's design team or what they may be thinking, however, you must be a telepathist and one who possesses great mental powers as you claim you do. If is it not a deliberate slight, the effect is the same.
    What motivates Blizzard's design team is: paychecks and creative zeal. I'm not telepathic, that's how the entertainment industry works. It's absurd to think it's a deliberate slight. Like... that makes no sense.

I can dig up the tweet from Blizzard that goes back to July, 2017 where they state that the warlock animations were not quite complete yet. We know from Blizzcon by their own admission that they had not even looked at Warlocks yet. So we were lied too. There is no other way to explain it.
    I don't recall that tweet, and I don't recall them saying that they hadn't even looked at Warlocks yet, but either way, that's not a conspiracy unless it is the same person saying both of those things. It's a big company, and a convoluted production pipeline, and everyone doesn't have all the information at all times. Blizzard knows how extensively everything they say and do is scrutinized by the community and immortalized on the internet. They're not going to try and pull the wool over our eyes, because they know they can't.

They haven't been obscure about what's going on. They hoped to get all the new animations done in Legion, and it didn't work out that way.

Anyways, it is pointless to argue with someone who will never be convinced no matter what you show them.
    I could say the exact same thing to you. All you've "shown" me is your frustrated, presumptive, conspiratorial theory, and your weird persecution complex.

Given the state warlocks are in I can only really see three possibilities,

The dev team is incompetent and should not be trusted.

Someone with the ability to influence class development hates warlocks for some reason.

or and this the one i suspect is the most likely,

There is no one on the Dev team willing to advocate for warlock development so warlocks get whatever leftover development effort is left after the classes the team cares about get finished leading to rushed, poorly implemented and outright broken skills and abilities that no-one was willing or cared enough to say "hey come on that is a shit idea, lets try this instead."

And the cosmetic update? It was forgotten because once again no-one cared enough to push it.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Um wat/ Demonology is a mess that needs and expac style redesign, but destruction and affliction are fine - there are slightly better and also slightly worse classes.

Just roll a priest and then you need not worry about any of it. That is what I should have done, instead of wasting my time on a class that no one at Blizzard cares about. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what I think or others on this forum think, its the results that count. Demo has been a trainwreck for all of the expansion. No graphical update. Lots of bugs never fixed and the list goes on. Some people are happy with them the way they are right now. One Dude says he doesn't mind waiting for updated visuals even though it will not happen until the next expansion. Anyways, I won't criticize them any further. After all, damage wise , locks are very competitive. In fact, Affliction is near the top right now.

Just roll a priest and then you need not worry about any of it. That is what I should have done, instead of wasting my time on a class that no one at Blizzard cares about. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what I think or others on this forum think, its the results that count. Demo has been a trainwreck for all of the expansion. No graphical update. Lots of bugs never fixed and the list goes on. Some people are happy with them the way they are right now. One Dude says he doesn't mind waiting for updated visuals even though it will not happen until the next expansion. Anyways, I won't criticize them any further. After all, damage wise , locks are very competitive. In fact, Affliction is near the top right now.
    The bullshit your let out is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Deleted
    The question is why wasn't it planned for/during Legion ? (or why the priority is low)

My Answer is : they were not 100% happy with any of the lock spec revamp.
    -Affli has been changed during Nighthold and before ToS because the first version was just bad and the second had some talent problem ("soul effigy")
    -They did a partial rollback with Destru
    -Demo is a failed experiment which needs a full revamp and not some minor tweak

Why and how to work on a class visual when the class design is a total mess ? There is just no point

First : let's hope they polish destru && affli and make a good revamp of demo.
    And then, we gonna need good new visual reflecting the spec theme
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2017-11-27 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    The bullshit your let out is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
    Sin te ipsum.