Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Any class will die if they're afk with 30 mobs hitting them. Come on man, you can't bullshit a bullshitter.
    #1. I wasn't afk, I just wasn't paying attention to my screen. I never said I was afk, I said I was looking at my phone. My hands were within eight inches of my keyboard the whole time.

#2. Like most people, if I'm traveling to an objective I am mounted. If I'm specced Demon Skin, which I pretty much always am for that content, I won't get dismounted as I aggro generic Argus mobs, I just keep riding on, getting aggro on even more mobs.

#3. I did end up dying that time since warframe was on cooldown and I couldn't quite pull it off because of the rare elite, so what's your point?

You're really not very bright. That's the real issue, not some problem with the warlock class which has amazing survivability if played with any ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The only time my lock has died to mobs on Argus was when I wasn't paying attention (reading an article on my phone) and looked up to find myself dismounted with over 30 mobs on me including the rare elite I was going to kill. Almost pulled that off sans warframe but not quite.

If you are dying on a lock to four or five mobs, there is a term for that: user error.
    Depends on the mob. Theres a caster type mob.. Eredar Warmind? I think thats the name. 3-4 of them on you and youre dead as fried chicken. Their casts hit for a little over 1.3 million. And they chain cast them. They can two shot a tank pet.

Theres also the giant mace-wielding guys, that AoE for about 800k/sec, and melee hit for about 600k.

The average mobs though? Yeah, very little threat.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    This is just bullshit. I'm ilvl 900+ and if four or five mobs swarm you on Argus you will die eventually.

Please stop talking out of your ass
    I loled so hard seeing this post, if a warlock isnt tanky what class is? More tanky then this just a real tank.
    Is realy hard to believe that you even play warlock with this post.

Anyone else who would like locks to return to that kind of gameplay?

All spells shared across all specs, lots of instant spells for that reason and mobility/cc. Back then equal skilled players where all about timing your cc and kiting/interrupting the right spells. Now being a caster sucks because of melee train, especially in 1v1 and since locks don't have baseline interrupt we suck 1v1 against casters too.

Now I don't want to hear that pvp isn't balanced around 1v1 cause I've been playing warlock every xpac since BC and I've never had such a hard time killing any classes in 1v1. Warriors were always quite hard but now whenever a warrior jumps on me I just stop doing anything cause I know there's nothing I can do.

Warlocks need to setup gate/portal in advance which is impossible in random encounters in wPvP(which is broken I know) and battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Warlocks need to setup gate/portal in advance which is impossible in random encounters in wPvP(which is broken I know) and battlegrounds.
    Don't worry, I'm sure PvP won't be a theme of the next expansion...

10+ Year Old Account
    think I've died once on Argus and that was to fall damage. With Burning rush I tend to keep it on almost all the time on m KJ and still need less healing than other dps while also being able to take 3 stacks of Armageddon no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    think I've died once on Argus and that was to fall damage. With Burning rush I tend to keep it on almost all the time on m KJ and still need less healing than other dps while also being able to take 3 stacks of Armageddon no problem.
    Tankiness in PVE is more than fine. Problem is PVP since we're a turret and we only have fear as a baseline CC which is right away interrupt when cast + we get destroyed in seconds against any melee classes because we can't run away.

In PVE you get what 3-5 healers healing you all the time. In PVP most of the time you have 0 (1v1) or 1 (arena) 2-3 max in bgs that might not even be healing you. All classes have escape spells/invulnarability to damage or cc while we get a 40% dmg reduction and no movement ability at all. Otherwise you have to choose between some more defensive or suicide mobility.

Heck we don't even have a baseline interrupt. You would think blizz would know that this should be baseline for all classes after 12 years of game design.

Deleted
    I don't get where people don't think affliction is tanky, its redic even with lowish gear. I'm sat at 940ilvl atm and my DS heals me for 630k HPS, i get more frustrated getting dazed of my mount than anything else, pretty much immortal tho 24/7.

PvP wise its not that we are not tanky, quite the opposite we are just as tanky, but there are a million interupts/stuns to shut that down, so the problem comes from when it is so easy to shut us down then we just fall over. If the scaled back the interupts and stuns we would eventually end up back at the SL/SL days.

What the spec really needs pvp wise is soul link back and our pet to not die to a warrior hangover farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I don't get where people don't think affliction is tanky, its redic even with lowish gear. I'm sat at 940ilvl atm and my DS heals me for 630k HPS, i get more frustrated getting dazed of my mount than anything else, pretty much immortal tho 24/7.

PvP wise its not that we are not tanky, quite the opposite we are just as tanky, but there are a million interupts/stuns to shut that down, so the problem comes from when it is so easy to shut us down then we just fall over. If the scaled back the interupts and stuns we would eventually end up back at the SL/SL days.

What the spec really needs pvp wise is soul link back and our pet to not die to a warrior hangover farts.
    Spec into Demon Skin for world content, it stops Daze.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Or just wear prydaz, cause you're in the world and why not.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    All spells shared across all specs, lots of instant spells for that reason and mobility/cc. Back then equal skilled players where all about timing your cc and kiting/interrupting the right spells. Now being a caster sucks because of melee train, especially in 1v1 and since locks don't have baseline interrupt we suck 1v1 against casters too.
    Yes

And that goes for all classes, not just locks, I haven't enjoyed my Warlock since they took that away. I miss when all Paladins had Holy Light and Blessing of Sacrifice, and could cleanse magic effects, instead of just Holy, when all warlocks had incinerate, immolate, corruption, CoA, when all mages had Fireball, Arcane explosion, Cone of Cold, Frostbolt... There's no variety left in the gameplay now, it's just... bland.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-14 at 04:32 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Or just wear prydaz, cause you're in the world and why not.
    This is true, but if you don't have it. Demon skin works
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

you should ask why other classes are broken when it comes to mobility.. Warlocks had port and that was enough, now its not even a baseline ability.. they should tone down all the mobility bullshit and give classes other things back instead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes

And that goes for all classes, not just locks, I haven't enjoyed my Warlock since they took that away. I miss when all Paladins had Holy Light and Blessing of Sacrifice, and could cleanse magic effects, instead of just Holy, when all warlocks had incinerate, immolate, corruption, CoA, when all mages had Fireball, Arcane explosion, Cone of Cold, Frostbolt... There's no variety left in the gameplay now, it's just... bland.

to me its also stupid, like how does that happen when we PROGRESS we for whatever reason keep forgetting all the spells that we once knew.. thats dumb

i remember all the cool things you could do as a mage for example back in the days.. so if a target trying to loss you you can start casting arcane missiles so you would still do damage to the guy even tho hes behind the pillar.. and so many other things, like casting lvl1 frostbolt to slow ppl cuz it had a super fast cast time.. so many little things that made some ppl better than others
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-11-14 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    to me its also stupid, like how does that happen when we PROGRESS we for whatever reason keep forgetting all the spells that we once knew.. thats dumb
    I've had that exact same thought more than a few times myself...

How did my Ret Paladin suddenly forget how to cleanse magic effects? How did he forget how to cast Emancipate? Blessing of Sacrifice? Holy Light? How did he forget his seals? How did he forget HAMMER OF GOD DAMN WRATH, the single most iconic ability (IMO) Paladins have EVER had?!

How did my Comba... Ahem, "Outlaw" and Sub Rogues forget how to use poisons? How did they forget how to use Rupture and Garrote? How did my Assassin and Sub Rogues forget how to use Gouge? How did they forget what Slice and Dice is? Or Recuperate?

I could go on for every other class/spec but you get the point... Really damn stupid game design choices on Blizzard's part.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

All lock specs are tanky as shit. I've played demo all of legion and have never had issues. When my raid wiped doing progression, i was usually one of the last ones up, if not the last one to nail out a kill (usually in dungeons for that, never saved a wipe YET). I agree in general with the title of the thread because locks are slow and i'm usually the last one to actually arrive somewhere in a dungeon. but given how hard it is for pve shit to kill me... i don't care

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudodraco View Post
    All lock specs are tanky as shit. I've played demo all of legion and have never had issues. When my raid wiped doing progression, i was usually one of the last ones up, if not the last one to nail out a kill (usually in dungeons for that, never saved a wipe YET). I agree in general with the title of the thread because locks are slow and i'm usually the last one to actually arrive somewhere in a dungeon. but given how hard it is for pve shit to kill me... i don't care
    Locks are so tanky as shit you need to stack rogues and mages to do soaking mechanics, cuz the Warlock can't even survive it.

The only thing 'tanky' about Warlocks is when it comes to constant and therefore negligible damage, cause you have healers you know. Warlocks are not tanky where it matters. With one of the weakest 3 (!)min defensive cooldowns in the game and no immunity, mages, rogues, hunters and even boomkins and shadowpriests are all tankier when it comes to actually dealing with mechanics. Back in WoD when we had Soul Link on every spec, Dark Bargain and Dark Pact we were tanky. Not in Legion. In Legion we can heal ourselves with Drain Soul and can't even do soaking mechanics other classes can.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-11-14 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah, if you're dying on Argus with at least 880 ilvl and you're playing responsibly it's just because you're doing something wrong. If you're dying at all and you're above 915 you're just shit.

Without a word of a lie you can aggro as much as humanly possible on Argus as either Destro or Aff and finish the fight at full HP.
    this is very much true, i took my hunter to argus the day she hit 110 and, it was difficult but I pretty much stayed alive. My asshole might not have unclenched when i wasn't in a safe zone, but that's besides the point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Locks are so tanky as shit you need to stack rogues and mages to do soaking mechanics, cuz the Warlock can't even survive it.

The only thing 'tanky' about Warlocks is when it comes to constant and therefore negligible damage, cause you have healers you know. Warlocks are not tanky where it matters. With one of the weakest 3 (!)min defensive cooldowns in the game and no immunity, mages, rogues, hunters and even boomkins and shadowpriests are all tankier when it comes to actually dealing with mechanics. Back in WoD when we had Soul Link on every spec, Dark Bargain and Dark Pact we were tanky. Not in Legion. In Legion we can heal ourselves with Drain Soul and can't even do soaking mechanics other classes can.
    Okay, I may have been imprecise in my choice of words. Yes, dealing with mechanics locks are not the best for it. For things that require immunities, locks are not desirable. However, with what I have seen in my raiding experience (admittedly not that hardcore nor with top tier people), I outlast shit well beyond pretty much everyone else. Also, as for the healing, I haven't seen other locks or myself take nearly as much nor need as much attention as other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    MINDBLOWN!!

I didnt actually realise this lol, every day is a school day!!!

Though i will miss having pact, sometimes its the only thing between dying and killing another player in the race to do the most damage if you get interrupted/stunned!

#worldpvplol

10+ Year Old Account
    MINDBLOWN!!

I didnt actually realise this lol, every day is a school day!!!

Though i will miss having pact, sometimes its the only thing between dying and killing another player in the race to do the most damage if you get interrupted/stunned!

#worldpvplol
    This applies to every absorb, for the record, so Prydaz is included, if you have it. If you are struck while you have an absorb up, you cannot be dazed.

I was late getting to my lock this expac. that said. we've never had a real sprint(did not play mop/wod), but burning rush is great for pve and pvp. no it's not a typical sprint but there's no cd and you can toggle on off easily and while casting. I have yet to bg on lock but from what I've seen on other toons and my own personal meter raping xp....pretty sure I'll be fine rushing away when needed. also if yet talking about getting stomped 1v6 then yes yousa gonna die. but with Drs and only 2 people or so on you. you can timer/sprint to regen or at least Los. not to mention pop healthstone if you're not gonna make it to regen.
    Last edited by jontunnel130; 2017-11-14 at 08:26 AM.