Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will Mythic+ take over Raiding?

Hey,

So i've been playing WoW for well over 12 years now and have always adored PvE, i've dabbled a bit in PvP but when it boils down to it i always found PvE more fun and have always spent the majority of my time doing dungeons and raiding with guildies.
    Over the years i've seen noticeable changes in raiding, going from 40 man to 25 and 10 and now 20 if your raiding Mythic and 10-20 in Flex, we were also introduced to LFR in Cata for more casual players. These changes are fine, some were for the better and others well.. we can save that for another post.

I'd say i gave up raiding full time in Cata after they brought in LFR, Normal and Heroic, i felt it was a bit repetitive killing bosses and progressing through Normal only to then start over again in Heroic with the same bosses but with slightly different mechanics and now in Legion its even worse, you now have 4 tiers of raiding (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) Other might enjoy it but the whole different tiers of difficulty isn't for me.

One thing that has got me absolutely hooked in Legion are Mythic +, you can spend a fraction of the time you would in a raid and get Heroic quality gear.
    there is no need to committing 3-4 hours a night of raiding and there are way fewer people to mess up on mechanics.

If we take for example a flight like Maiden Mythic where the slightest mistake by a single person can lead to a wipe.. where is the fun in this? spending a few weeks wiping on a boss to then realize the gear she drops can be replaced by running a Mythic + 10 and receiving a 935 ilvl item from the mythic chest.

The way i see it Mythic + will become the future, we saw how popular the Mythic + tournament was, sure there were some issues but i'm sure in time they will clean it up.

What do you all think?

No...no it won't.

Deleted
    No I do not think it will take over raiding. However I do believe it will keeping being a part of WoW in the future as a side thing. Raiding is still the best way to gear because of set bonuses and the 935 ilvl item from the chest is only once and is so random. If you were planning to gear with that chest it would take like 15 weeks assuming you don't get the same piece twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they add tier bonuses to it, no.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've never been able to stand 5 man content. I love managing rosters for mythic raiding and the challenges that come with running a 6 hour mythic raiding guild and developing a raid community of ~24 friends.

If players stop wanting to raid mythic content, or Blizz stops designing raids, I'll have no problem quitting and spending my time doing other things

I don't see it happening in the immediate future, but I actually don't think it's beyond all possibility. Not sure it would go as far as replacing it, but I do think they already don't really focus too much on the mythic raiding scene as it makes up such a tiny percentage of the player base.
    I'd say it's mainly down to E-Sports possibilities. Mythic plus in general has been a huge success and after the MPI being as well recieved as it was, I think it very unlikely that Blizzard won't try to capitalize on that in future expansions.

I hope not becuase it's boring as heck.

Mythic +, you can spend a fraction of the time you would in a raid and get Heroic quality gear.
    ¿¿Heroic Quality Gear??, Mythic + drops Mythic level gear and the weekly chest usually titan-forges higher than Mythic drops. The only negative is no tier bonuses. However, if your tier bonuses are complete shit and stat optimization is a major dps increase for your class, then Mythic + allows you to min/max to the highest degree.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope not because i do my 10 and that's it because i don't find them fun.

I do one mythic+ per week, always Maw of Soul, only for my chest so I do the easiest and fastest one always.

Unless they introduced 10 bosses every tier in dungeons and make the previous ones obsolete, I don't see how it can even compete with raids.. I'm not doing the same dungeons for 2 years... raids are 5 months for a reason.

There are hundreds of thousands of people actively raiding, why would they take that away? I've been playing since 2004 and I would quit if there was no raiding.

There is no reason to remove anything. I imagine they will keep expanding on Mythic + and Raiding alike going forward.

It already has for many people. I fully believe Blizzard is going to expand upon it. Raiding isn't likely going anywhere but with the participation M+ sees Blizzard would be stupid to not invest in it. People do the content so they're going to make more to keep them coming back.

In fact they should make dungeons flex from 5 to 10 and make mythic+ fixed 5 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    ¿¿Heroic Quality Gear??, Mythic + drops Mythic level gear and the weekly chest usually titan-forges higher than Mythic drops. The only negative is no tier bonuses. However, if your tier bonuses are complete shit and stat optimization is a major dps increase for your class, then Mythic + allows you to min/max to the highest degree.
    Smh, that's hardly consistent "better than mythic" gear, sure for the first few slots it's pretty easy (GL getting the stats you want, which is often worth more than 10ilvls or so) but then after? You'll start getting items in the same slot you already got them in. It's hardly a replacement, unless you want to get what you get from mythic raiding, in 20x the timeframe.

A lot more are doing mythic+ cos you its pretty much unlimited loot. I actually like the raid boss fights more than trash and would rather do lfr than spam mythic+. They should really not have loot lockout for raids too

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    They should really not have loot lockout for raids too
    That's an insanely terrible idea while titanforge exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That's an insanely terrible idea while titanforge exists.
    Well yeah they should just have warforged

u talk like the are mutually exclusive ..m+ have made it balanced, which is how i think it will remain.

Mythic + is boring because the rewards are locked. The reason raiding is popular is because you get the best loot for going higher and higher in difficulty. Guess what happens when you get past a 10 right now in mythic? Absolutely nothing. Nothing but a more challenging dungeon with zero reward for doing so. Hey im a 940 ilvl and im running dungeons higher than a 10 and im still getting 910 loot. For what? So stupid. If they wanted to make M+ a thing they should have the loot go as high as mythic raiding but they wont do that because Mythic raiding is about coordination and team work and strategy. M+ is about stupid random affixes that change every week and having insane boss abilites that are not even tuned to be survivable with every class. Ever taken someone with no GCD into BRH on the last boss? They die...