Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If only being against SJWs meant being an alt-righter.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    One of the writers attatched to the project is Chuck Dixon, a long-time writer of Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Punisher, and creator of Bane. I would think that would be enough to settle any argument in regards to quality of the product. As for the final result, time will tell, won't it?
    Knightfall was good. Everything else Chuck Dixon touched was trash imo. I had to look him up since he's not well known for anything decent.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

How very original
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    In this case it is alt-right given the title of the comic and, well, reading the link in the OP shows that as well.

"The idea that there can be politics-free comics when everything from going to the ladies room to playing video games has been politicized is utterly absurd," he quipped. "It would be like ignoring the existence of Nazis during World War II or of Soviets during the Cold War," he argued. "The problem with Marvel and DC is not so much that they have injected politics into comics, but that they ruthlessly sacrifice the stories and even the traditional superheroes on the altar of their social justice agenda."

Day is one of the godfathers of the much-maligned Alt-Right. But those who try to call him a white nationalist or supremacist fail miserably because he is only part white, claiming Native American and Mexican heritage and speaking out vocally against any form of racial supremacism.

"Progressivism has failed. Multiculturalism has failed. But conservatism has failed too; it has failed to conserve anything. The nationalist Alternative Right is inevitable since it is the only political philosophy that is in line with history, science, and observable reality. This terrifies the Left, so they are resorting to their usual tactics of crying racist and crying Nazi in order to prevent people from discovering the truth for themselves," says Day.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I mean have you seen the trailer that was the cringest thing in the world but I'll have to wait and see.
    I have seen it, and I agree. It's bad. That said, this quote from the article gives me hope:
    Those close to the Alt★Hero project believe the marketing is designed to provoke attention, but they believe strongly that it will be carried by a great story and likable characters.
    The samples of the story provided until now seem good enough. Nothing like that video, so I'm inclined to believe them. I especially enjoy Dynamique's story.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So, what do you think about this? Yay or nay? Something in between? Are the creators of this new comic on to something, or are they just going to crash and burn? For some time now people were complaining over the state of Marvel & DC Comics. But is that enough to get the frustrated readers to check some new titles or do you think people just want their old favourites back? And most important question, is this a swan song for the dying comics industry, or is it a precursor to the renaissance of the comics industry.

What do you think?
    Calling Marvel and DC Comics SJW is black and white thinking. As such, a massive simplification...but something I would expect out of a RW publication like PJ Media.

As the RW supporters work on getting louder, this demonstrates, once again, that the RW are actually bigger snowflakes than the "lefties" they decry. They even need a safe space from comic books lest they get exposed to something that might upset their fairy tail bubble where they reside.

I suspect that the comic will be a niche product that will work out well enough for the publishers, but if they push their own alt-right agenda, it will never make it out of that niche.

I did get a chuckle however out of the statement. For all the whining about Marvel and DC Comics being political, most of the statement is chocked filled with politics.

At the end of the day, it is another attempt to indoctrinated people into hyper-conservative. I would expect about 1/3 of the population to fall for it...mostly the stupid, and those that have been brought up in such indoctrination from birth and haven't been exposed to the real world to understand how much they've been fooled.

So, what do you think about this? Yay or nay? Something in between? Are the creators of this new comic on to something, or are they just going to crash and burn? For some time now people were complaining over the state of Marvel & DC Comics. But is that enough to get the frustrated readers to check some new titles or do you think people just want their old favourites back? And most important question, is this a swan song for the dying comics industry, or is it a precursor to the renaissance of the comics industry.

What do you think?
    I think it's a shame that our society has progressed to the point that the new "counter-culture" cool guy thing to do is be racist.

so is this basically softcore + alt right ideological wanking? A character with gigantic tits whose uniform just 'happens' to be falling off all the time? :rotate:

I mean more power to'em if they can pay the bills with it I guess, but yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    I think it's a shame that our society has progressed to the point that the new "counter-culture" cool guy thing to do is be racist.
    What's racist about it?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's time to fight identity politics with totally not our brand of identity politics.
    Was my first thoughts also.

But in general the pissing and moaning about comics I find sometimes reasonable, sometimes not, but this is only about getting a rise out of the other side, and I hope it flames and burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It absolutely does...They just have their own version of Social Justice where White and Straight males are constantly being victimized.

Edit: nevermind... I misread what you said. disregard.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

What's racist about it?
    If you're associated with "alt-right" you're racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    If you're associated with "alt-right" you're racist.
    Since the alt-right group led by Spencer(the person who coined the term for his group recently) are Neo Nazi's who advocate for Genocide against anyone who isn't of white European decent...yeah if you claim to be part of the alt-right I would think you to be a racist...or an idiot who didn't know what the alt-right is.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I have seen it, and I agree. It's bad. That said, this quote from the article gives me hope:

The samples of the story provided until now seem good enough. Nothing like that video, so I'm inclined to believe them. I especially enjoy Dynamique's story.

I especially enjoy trying to figure out what her right hand is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Since the alt-right group led by Spencer(the person who coined the term for his group recently) are Neo Nazi's who advocate for Genocide against anyone who isn't of white European decent...yeah if you claim to be part of the alt-right I would think you to be a racist...or an idiot who didn't know what the alt-right is.
    At the very least it makes you someone that will stand next to a racist and say "Sure, Racism is bad...but the real problem is what's happening in Comic Books today!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I believe she is flicking away a cigarette. She's not like those lame Marvel chicks...she's a badass... she smokes...and litters!
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Yeah, those lefties injecting their identity politics on comic books need to be stopped by alt-righters injecting their identity politics on comic books!

These idiots are so lacking in self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I believe she is flicking away a cigarette. She's not like those lame Marvel chicks...she's a badass... she smokes...and litters!
    Is that her TOTALLY NOT MUTANT super-power 'cos there's no way the standard human hand can make anything like that shape whilst still functioning.

Just... stop it, it's not like MAHVEL finally noticed that it shot itself in the foot or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Um...her superpower is a right hand with a really really long, flexible thumb?

Ham fisted politics in comics... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.