Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    ....what?

10 char.
    Communists historically haven't been very fond of what they consider deviants, whether it's gays, artists, or disgusting MLP fans.

I've yet to encounter a communist online who actually lived under communism.

It's all neo-communists who most likely were campus communists while in school. Fascism and Communism are two sides of the same mass-killing coin. Any sane, intelligent person views them both as undesirable, dangerous ideologies.

As always when arguing with Campus Communists, incoming No True Scotsman fallacies galore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I've yet to encounter a communist online who actually lived under communism.
    I lived under the Communist AKEL presidency of Demetris Christophias in Cyprus.

There were no mass killings, but he did manage to blow up the island’s main power station, which was impressive.

He got nicknamed Catastrophias.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    nothing worse than communists

- - - Updated - - -

"derp, but those aren't real communists derpy derpy derp"

- - - Updated - - -

Do tell comrade, how exactly is communism less of a evil than fascism, especially given their track record.

You do realize that historically speaking, under a communist regime, you'd be executed or imprisoned for being a fan of MLP
    There are a lot of things worse then communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I lived under the Communist AKEL presidency of Demetris Christophias in Cyprus.

There were no mass killings, but he did manage to blow up the island’s main power station, which was impressive.

He got nicknamed Catastrophias.
    Yeah, and my grandmother said she was a communist while crossing herself every time she went by a church and having her house full of icons, bless her heart. A lot of Greek communists are a weird breed.

Wow. Something new.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    There are a lot of things worse then communists.
    Not many 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Slavery is not a good thing. Slavery does not make things better. If you think it does, imagine taking away all the money that the blue collar workers make and think what it would do to the economy. I can tell you, it would tank. Abolishing slavery was pivotal to the U.S. success. Look at the economy of 1860's South vs North. The North was much more financially successful.
    Northern industry, particularly textiles, depended upon the cheap resource inputs that slavery provided. The development of industrial capitalism in the Northeast simply would not exist but for slavery, promptly replaced by an influx of cheap immigrant labor following abolition. If Forbes 500 existed in the 1860s, most of the people on the list would be patriarchs of wealthy slave plantations. Hell, a lot of them would be living in Chickasaw County, Mississippi, which in 1860 was home to the largest slave trading hub in the world.

Freedom breeds success.
    "Freedom" and "success" are the most contested words in the English language, followed closely by "elite." If by "freedom" you mean "anarchism for rich people, serfdom for everyone else," than that is merely a recipe for oligarchic plunder; the same type that ruled both the Antebellum South and the Gilded Age North.