Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    TL;DR : antifa started in the 30s to oppose nazis/Mussolini.
    Sure, but Communist-Antifascist groups were wreaking havoc in Germany since the 20's. So yeah, Antifa specifically wasn't formed until 1932, but there were several Violent Communist Antifascist groups already causing chaos before Antifa was a thing. Thus the reason it was a bigger problem than just one group that formed the year Hitler got voted to power.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    We've yet to see conservatives do anything about terrorism, beyond selling weapons to them and throwing up travel bans that don't include actual terrorist territories.
    There are right wing Christian groups from the US that fight IS with the Kurds as well. ‘Lions of xxxxx’ I’ll look it up when I have more fucks to give. Also, pretty much every defense contractor in the ME is right wing.

PS- Kurds will let you take a picture with just about any flag you please if you bother to show up and shoot in the correct direction. I’m sure there’s a rainbow flag too. Probably be a Pepe too if nationalism wasn’t a thing.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2017-10-21 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Communists killed Nazis in WWII then proceeded to rape thousands of German women in Berlin after the war. Fighting against bad people doesn't make them good guys.

For all we know these guys didn't fire a single round and just walked in after the fact and took a picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Sure, but Communist-Antifascist groups were wreaking havoc in Germany since the 20's. So yeah, Antifa specifically wasn't formed until 1932, but there were several Violent Communist Antifascist groups already causing chaos before Antifa was a thing. Thus the reason it was a bigger problem than just one group that formed the year Hitler got voted to power.
    The Nazis grew in fame and power because they were fighting against the Communists who were attacking people on the street for no reason same thing happened in Italy. Violent Communist Antifacism helped to build fascism in Germany and Italy more than it hurt it.

We are seeing the same thing in the states right now. The far left has become increasingly violent and now you have the Nazis and KKK growing in strength in response when before they were nearly extinct and shrinking. Luckily both sides are so hated they wont grow too far out of control but if a third new faction were to rise against both it could become very powerful very quickly.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-10-21 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Probably because:

1) Commies lead to dictatorial control by a communist overlord who removes all motivation from the people to produce, which ends up leading to the suffering and starvation of everyone. But they are suffering equally, so many people still think that's more fair.

2) Our capitalist overlords have lead to such an abundance of prosperity that even the most unequal among us, who live in poverty are still in the top 16% globally, still get 3 squares a day.

The capitalist overlords in the US may not give two flips about you or the average household, nor do they care about how much less income that average household makes, but the greed of those fat cats has helped the average income earning in the U.S. (anyone making over $50,000 household) get into the global 1%.

You are worried about how much everyone cares, while I'm worried about how well off everyone is. We have two different goals. While I would suggest we both have good intentions, I would suggest my way, which lead to the average person in the U.S. being better off than 99% of the people in the rest of the world, has a solid proven track record of working. Your way has a proven track record of leading to mass death, starvation, and collapse.

US prosperity has nothing to do with capitalism. If it did then it would be easy to replicate the capitalist system of the US in other countries. This has been tried, numerous times. For example in Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. The economy collapsed in two years. That was 70 years faster than communism. There are numerous other examples.

The key to US success was primarily a) buy a ton of land off the French b) have no natural predators c) play kingmaker in two world wars and impose financial terms on the survivors.

Additionally, the US being identified with freemarket capitalism is very much a product of the post-Reagan era. Capitalism is something that tends to happen to succesful countries rather than success following capitalism.

You hate people killing ISIS that much?
    You got something to hide?

- - - Updated - - -

TL;DR : antifa started in the 30s to oppose nazis/Mussolini.
    Pinochet was horrible, but at least he threw communists out of helicopters, at least he had that going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The key to US success was primarily a) buy a ton of land off the French b) have no natural predators c) play kingmaker in two world wars and impose financial terms on the survivors.
    d) Lots of free slave labor and dirt cheap child/immigrant labor. Industrial capitalism would never have existed in the United States without them.

Deleted
    Only fuckin idiots that dont have communist parties in country can defend this fuckin shit

Communism is pure shit that leads to fuckin murdering regimes

US prosperity has nothing to do with capitalism. If it did then it would be easy to replicate the capitalist system of the US in other countries. This has been tried, numerous times. For example in Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. The economy collapsed in two years. That was 70 years faster than communism. There are numerous other examples.

Additionally, the US being identified with freemarket capitalism is very much a product of the post-Reagan era. Capitalism is something that tends to happen to succesful countries rather than success following capitalism.
    You are dumb if you think what was tried in the US was tried in Russia. Russia never got rid of a lot of its institutional problems and the like. Say what you want about the US, but it's institutions are what made it the greatest country on earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wrong. They have a flag and an organisation online, so they are a group or organisation, the same as the nazis have a symbol.
    [IMG]https://www.democracynow.org/images/story/47/38047/full_hd/S3_antifa-flag.jpg[IMG]
    No, they don't.

The same as nazis, an actuall idealogy that has political parties? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    When some group associates with Antifa and does something good: "Yeah that's Antifa, all right."

When some group associates with Antifa and does something negative: "That's not Antifa, it's a loose association and not a central organization."

Classic.

Laissez-faire (literally "do as you please" or freemarket economics) was a major contributor to famines in Ireland and India. Laissez-faire in particular thwarted sentiment against food aid.

Additionally, it is highly questionable whether "communist" food famines or repressions were anything to do with communism. The Holomodor was disproportionately a colonial instrument of repression Stalin used against Ukraine. Purges against Kulaks were simply internal civil war: there's a double-stand here, no one describes the American Civil War as brutal repression.
    laissez-faire means that the government has to back out from interfering in the economy, which is kinda the opposite of what happened in Ireland because corn laws were a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    When some group associates with Antifa and does something good: "Yeah that's Antifa, all right."

When some group associates with Antifa and does something negative: "That's not Antifa, it's a loose association and not a central organization."

Classic.
    Your point? Anybody supports anti-facism and flies that flag is 'antifa'. And your second sentence is a strawman, people are not saying hardcore anarachists are not antifa, but that generalizing them is idiotic.

Its not even a loose organizition, by the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your point? Anybody supports anti-facism and flies that flag is 'antifa'. And your second sentence is a strawman, people are not saying hardcore anarachists are not antifa, but that generalizing them is idiotic.

Its not even a loose organizition, by the way.
    It's not a strawman. I've seen countless posts on these forums which literally use that argument, same with BLM.

edit: And if you think generalizing them is idiotic, how should the public view them then? Should we only view them by their combined mission statement, and not by their actions? Because I seriously doubt (well, I know for a fact) you don't apply that logic to people you view as "Neo-Nazis." Hell, I've been called a Neo-Nazi on here just for defending their right to free speech. Talk about generalizations.

Anyway, I don't particularly care about Antifa, I just find the hypocrisy amusing.

Not suprising the basement dwellers of the left that occupy this forum 24/7 supports antifa, get out get some air and see the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I wonder how many 70 year or older men they beat up this time. Ten on one as a minimum of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    We've yet to see conservatives do anything about terrorism, beyond selling weapons to them and throwing up travel bans that don't include actual terrorist territories.
    Oh, really? I thought they just got elected to the white house and about 1 year later ISIS is utterly destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    You are dumb if you think what was tried in the US was tried in Russia. Russia never got rid of a lot of its institutional problems and the like. Say what you want about the US, but it's institutions are what made it the greatest country on earth.
    Like your institutions don't have problems. Jesus. In denial much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    laissez-faire means that the government has to back out from interfering in the economy, which is kinda the opposite of what happened in Ireland because corn laws were a thing.
    The corn laws were repealed in 1846, the famine lasted till from 1845-1852.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Oh, really? I thought they just got elected to the white house and about 1 year later ISIS is utterly destroyed.
    Yup must be all Trump and nothing to do with the Shia millitias, the Iraqi Army, the Kurds, the Turkomen and the Syrian army, all of whom have actual soldiers on the ground doing actual fighting. No, all Trump.

People like you must have thought Team America was a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I wonder how many 70 year or older men they beat up this time. Ten on one as a minimum of course.
    They must have peppersprayed a bunch of old ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its mostly 'centrist' liberals who think violence is fascist or something.
    "Useful idiots" then. Discounting people who are actively supporting fascists, I think it's largely people who simply don't understand the threat, and therefore don't understand the necessary response needed to address fascists.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Not suprising the basement dwellers of the left that occupy this forum 24/7 supports antifa, get out get some air and see the real world.
    Tthe positive is, at least most of the base dwelling ANTIFA supporters here on this forum don't have the intestinal fortitude to actually go out and act on their insane beliefs.