Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The real trouble with audiobooks is finding one with a good voice or performance otherwise even the best story sounds dull
    Yeah I was listening to an audiobook the other day. It was a book series I enjoy, so I figured it would be a good choice. Holy shit, the narrator just had the dullest, most annoying fucking voice ever. I couldn't listen to it for more than five minutes.

Mistborn Trilogy done by "Graphic Audio" is one of the best audiobooks I have ever heard. Amazing series. I could not recommend more highly.

Currently listening to "The Stormlight Archive" by the same author.

Graphic audio.
    They are awesome.
    Multiple voice actors, background sounds, ambience sounds and so on.
    "A movie in your mind"

Another good pair of voice actors are the two that does all off Sanderssons books.

The best single audiobook ive heard thou is definetly The Lies of Lock Lamora. An incredibly good book with enjoyable characters and the audioversion is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh...in addition to Ready Player One, have a crack at the Demon Cycle by Peter V Brett. Starts with The Painted Man....the final novel (The Core) was just recently released, so the whole story arc is ready for the taking.

The Belgariad by David Eddings
    Fantasy setting, wizardy, spells, adventure, evil villains, and VERY long book... similar to lord of the rings style book

david eddings and his wife leigh write a lot of books together, and have easily over 20 books

excellent stories!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Ready Player One by Earnest Cline, narrated by Wil Wheaton. Fantastic story, fittingly narrated by someone who actually enjoys the genre. Catch it before the Spielberg movie release next year.
    Is also an elected official in the book too.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The entire Dresden Files series, voiced by James Marsters, he's fantastic.
    Cinder Spires, voiced by Euan Morton, who is also fantastic.
    Definitely this. His voice is top notch. But more than that, he does the women impression in a way that doesn't make you cringe. He doesn't do that weird high pitch attempt that happens with a lot of narrators I came across. "looking at the dudes who narrated A song of ice and fire and Harry Potter series"

Plus, there are like 15 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Definitely this. His voice is top notch. But more than that, he does the women impression in a way that doesn't make you cringe. He doesn't do that weird high pitch attempt that happens with a lot of narrators I came across. "looking at the dudes who narrated A song of ice and fire and Harry Potter series"

Plus, there are like 15 of them.
    17 if you include Side Jobs and Brief Cases.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?