Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Last year I leveled up to 60 on a Vanilla Blizz-like server (Rebirth, RIP) and I had so much fun doing so!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Mind showing me where you'd find them? I still have the titles I can select (since I don't do rated pvp) but as far as achievements I thought those Feats of STrength were removed when they added in the rated pvp ones.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/<server>/<charactername>/achievements/legacy/player-vs-player
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, sure. Several servers for each expansion, why not? Several for Vanilla, several for BC, several for Wrath, and for Cataclysm, and for MoP, and for WoD, and for Legion...... When Blizzard releases an expansion, it's not just an expansion, but dozens of new servers for that expansion alone. Yeah. Sure. That won't dramatically increase development costs and expansion prices, no sir!
    They only need to do TBC and WotLK if vanilla servers are a success. Those were the most popular expansions. The playerbase reached its peak during WotLK and I see Cataclysm as the cutoff point. That's where subs started going down. And nobody gives a shit about Cata / MoP / WoD legacy servers. Nobody ever will. Except for that one dude or two who said they wanted that in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They only need to do TBC and WotLK if vanilla servers are a success. Those were the most popular expansions. The playerbase reached its peak during WotLK and I see Cataclysm as the cutoff point. That's where subs started going down. And nobody gives a shit about Cata / MoP / WoD legacy servers. Nobody ever will. Except for that one dude or two who said they wanted that in this thread.
    If I wanted a legacy server in general (I really don't) I'd prob take MoP. It just had the problem that legacy servers all would have. The final tier lasted forever, and you can only really do SoO so many times before you completely lose interest.

If and only if accomplishments done on legacy servers are account wide. Like I did several hundred attempts at the zulian tiger back in the day and never saw it drop. If this gave me another chance, I'd play there. Otherwise, no

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Easily solveable by slapping on like 5 bucks on top of the normal sub to gain access to the legacy servers.
    I have a feeling 5€ extra each month to play an older version of the game is not goi ng to go down well.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    If I wanted a legacy server in general (I really don't) I'd prob take MoP. It just had the problem that legacy servers all would have. The final tier lasted forever, and you can only really do SoO so many times before you completely lose interest.
    Yeah you and the other two people who said so. No offense but I think you're in the minority. And perhaps you have forgotten the atrocity that was MoP dailies. Everything was gated behind them and there were about 500 of them. Playing WoW became a job.

Besides, it's too recent anyway. Not -that- much has changed since MoP.

Yeah you and the other two people who said so. No offense but I think you're in the minority. And perhaps you have forgotten the atrocity that was MoP dailies. Everything was gated behind them and there were about 500 of them. Playing WoW became a job.

MoP dailies were completely optional. I never did a single one and ended up progressing Normal fine. Mounts were fine. They've generally been an exalted reward. Will admit though how the August Celestials were handed was pretty silly. Should have been a normal rep like the rest.

The gear needed could be gotten from MSV. And by the time you were geared you had 463 gear which was more than enough to start on Normal.

I don't understand why people believe MoP dailies weren't optional? They were 100% optional.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-29 at 10:12 PM.

No, I remember MoP dailies, I remember doing them for like 2 weeks when MoP first came out, and then never having to do them ever again. You've probably done 5x more world quests in Legion than dailies you did in MoP.

People point to MoP dailies as this terrible thing, that overwhelmed them, but I really didn't find them to be that bad.

They only need to do TBC and WotLK if vanilla servers are a success. Those were the most popular expansions. The playerbase reached its peak during WotLK and I see Cataclysm as the cutoff point.
    Why? There are people who like Cataclysm, and people who like MoP and people who like WoD. Why should they be ignored while people who want vanilla/BC/Wrath get what they want? You say that because they're more popular. Well, the retail game is more popular than the aforementioned games, so I guess we don't need legacy servers, by your logic?

That's where subs started going down.
    That's an unbearably flawed metric to gauge the success of the game, since there are several other factors that also affect subscription count.

And nobody gives a shit about Cata / MoP / WoD legacy servers. Nobody ever will.
    Except all those people playing on illegal REDACTED of Cata, Mop and WoD, right? Feel free to ignore them, of course. Acknowledging them doesn't suit your narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you and the other two people who said so. No offense but I think you're in the minority.
    Again, by that same metric, people who want legacy servers are also in the minority, so they shouldn't be listened to, right?

And perhaps you have forgotten the atrocity that was MoP dailies. Everything was gated behind them and there were about 500 of them.
    BC had heroic dungeons gated behind reputations that gave atrocious rep. So what's your point? The MoP daily system wasn't perfect, but, in my opinion, at least a step up from having to grind dungeons over and over and over for absolutely no reward other than slowly filling a rep meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never will so just let this idea die. It was wonderful when we were all on the hype train but due to shit leadership from nostralus trying to force blizzards hand we will never see the idea come to fruition. It’s depressing but we need to get over it.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Why? There are people who like Cataclysm, and people who like MoP and people who like WoD. Why should they be ignored while people who want vanilla/BC/Wrath get what they want? You say that because they're more popular. Well, the retail game is more popular than the aforementioned games, so I guess we don't need legacy servers, by your logic?

That's an unbearably flawed metric to gauge the success of the game, since there are several other factors that also affect subscription count.

Except all those people playing on illegal REDACTED of Cata, Mop and WoD, right? Feel free to ignore them, of course. Acknowledging them doesn't suit your narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, by that same metric, people who want legacy servers are also in the minority, so they shouldn't be listened to, right?

BC had heroic dungeons gated behind reputations that gave atrocious rep. So what's your point? The MoP daily system wasn't perfect, but, in my opinion, at least a step up from having to grind dungeons over and over and over for absolutely no reward other than slowly filling a rep meter.
    Okay, okay. I can tell you're passionate about this. How about this, guy. Let's first try to convince Blizzard to release vanilla servers, and maybe TBC and WotLK. If those exist and their success is to Blizzard's liking, we can start making threads asking them for Cata / MoP / WoD servers. Or, you can, I guess. I haven't a single desire for these, but if you want them so badly, be my guest.

Okay, okay. I can tell you're passionate about this. How about this, guy. Let's first try to convince Blizzard to release vanilla servers, and maybe TBC and WotLK. If those exist and their success is to Blizzard's liking, we can start making threads asking them for Cata / MoP / WoD servers. Or, you can, I guess. I haven't a single desire for these, but if you want them so badly, be my guest.
    I don't have the slightest desire for any legacy server. I'm just pointing out the massive flaws and double-standards in your reasoning. Also, I do hope Blizzard never makes legacy servers, especially if they'll attach it to the retail game's sub fee. I'd much rather they spent the time and development resources in: a) improving WoW; b) improving their other games; c) developing new IPs.

Assuming it's not going to cost extra I'd likely give it a go in content droughts- the same way I play other games- but it would get boring fast. Vanilla has a special place for me and I would prefer to remember it for what it was; a complete clisterfuck of people not knowing what they're doing in the rediculessly long grind to 60, followed by a steep learning curve for dungeons and other endgame content. The same experience can be obtained from going to a new mmo and not reading up on anything before hand

10+ Year Old Account
    I would sub for a month to relive that nostalgia train, but that's it. It wouldn't be the same - I know too much about the game now over what I knew then. The primary thing that made vanilla WoW stick out was the newness and, pardon the pun, but the 'Wow' factor. I had no idea what I was doing when I picked my talents. I had no idea what dungeons dropped what loot, or how to defeat certain bosses. Most of my chars were tri-spec, going down all three trees. My rogue was running around in all +Stamina gear, some of it cloth. My paladin was supposed to be DPS, but ran around with sword and board (until I got the Blackblade from UBRS), and again went down all three trees. I couldn't in good conscience do that again, because I know how bad it is. But that's how I played, and that's how I remember the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I'd much rather they spent the time and development resources in: a) improving WoW; b) improving their other games; c) developing new IPs.
    Improving the game has nothing to do with resources though.
    It's about ideas.
    No money can buy a good idea.
    And if the genre is going to evolve is not going to be about money. It will be about new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Improving the game has nothing to do with resources though.
    It's about ideas.
    No money can buy a good idea.
    But you do need resources to implement said ideas. Both are required: ideas and resources. Besides, why should they brainstorm how to implement legacy servers, if they could brainstorm to do what I mentioned above?

If legacy servers are a success TBC and WotLK servers are something to consider for the future. Let's start with the basics, shall we?
    So we should start with the more popular versions of WoW like TBC and WotLK. And if those are a success maybe they go back and give you Vanilla.

Deleted
    But you do need resources to implement said ideas. Both are required: ideas and resources. Besides, why should they brainstorm how to implement legacy servers, if they could brainstorm to do what I mentioned above?
    Well i fail to feel pity for Blizzard on that department.
    Like 5million people bought the expansion box and are paying monthly to play the game...plus services and cash shop.
    Thats millions of dollars.
    Money is never a problem for Blizzard. They just need ideas.

Do you feel pity for Blizzard's resources? I don't.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-29 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/<server>/<charactername>/achievements/legacy/player-vs-player
    Haha geez I didn't even notice the Legacy tab in game either. Nice so I still do have my Legionnaire, Stone Guard and other ones. Also from what I could figure out from researching if you have the tabard of the protector from the Dark Portal opening event before TBC launched that could be another thing you could use to prove it. But since I have my pvp titles I can link that works.

- - - Updated - - -

So it is up to JustRob to campaign for which retro server comes out first? Pfft, I'd take TBC over Vanilla any day of the week.