Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Every single time someone entered the Plaguelands for the first time and went 'whats the blood on the ground?' and i didn't warn them.

Not once.

Deleted
    God i remember the night TBC launched. On my server it was Alliance that had control of the portal. I wish i had taken more screenshots over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Gimme your stories!
    So many memories.

Looking over the edge of Teldrassil for the first time and realizing how HUGE the world is. I crept out onto the skinny branches teetering off the edge. The fall was like 30 seconds long which is just insane. When I fell I also got that pit in my stomach feeling which is awesome to get from a video game.

Earning my first gold. Back then, having A gold was a big deal. In the early levels, you were set for a long while if you had that much. Not having enough money to buy your talents or food/water was a real problem. I can remember times where I had to pick and choose which talents I'd upgrade because I just didn't have enough gold.

Venturing into Duskwood for the first time. There was a real sense of dread, especially when I first came upon Raven Hill and saw skeletons everywhere. What an amazingly atmospheric zone. You really felt safer being on the roads near the light. Mor'ladim made my acquaintance shortly thereafter. This was also the first time I was exposed to world pvp as it was a neutral zone. Some of the best questlines in the game were here too.

Entering the Molten Core for the first time. My jaw dropped seeing those gatekeeper molten giants. It also took like 30 minutes or more to create food and water for 30+ other teammates. You'd spam conjure water, then drink some of it yourself, rinse repeat. One of the few downsides to being a Mage then.

Defeating Ragnaros for the first time. So many attempts leading up to it. So many fire resistance potions and the farming that went with it. I was in a friends and family guild that had been gaming long before WoW, so to be there with them during their first big triumph in a new game was very rewarding to me. Nerd screams abound on ventrilo. I have the guild website screenshot still. Miss those guys/gals. - https://i.imgur.com/1tk6Qli.jpg

My first one-shot pvp kill at max level. It was in WSG. I had just gotten both the Talisman of Ephemeral Power and the Zandalarian Hero Charm, coupled with Berserker Hut buff. There was a brief time period where you were able to use both trinkets at the same time to get Naxx 40-level spell power a year before it even came out. Best believe I took full advantage of this. Such a thrill ending someone with the push of a button after everything that went into getting to that point.

Day-long Alterac Valleys. As a Mage with 40 yd range (talent), Alterac Valleys were heaven. I'd snipe people through mountains or rain hell down below if I wall-climbed up to a vantage point. I spent about 8 hours in one once, had well over 1,000 killing blows.

Apocalyptic battles at Blackrock Mountain. I say apocalyptic because there were hellish piles of bones littered everywhere. You'd have people curious about the gates leading into a mountain bump into each other for impromptu skirmishes, but then you'd also have full-on wars between raiding guilds as they were headed to MC or BWL. Priests mind controlling people off into the lava. Hiding in the little alcoves in the walls by the gates to get out of combat to eat or bandage up. The run back was brutal too, so it made the fights even more meaningful and consequential.

Random, but I'm very nostalgic whenever I get to Searing Gorge because that's where my guild would meet up to head out to MC and BWL. All 40 of us on mounts, with some of us on epic riders leading the charge. What a feeling to ride into battle with so many guildies.

Completing Naxx 40. To be one of the first and only guilds to do it. To have the spam of level 1's from other servers congratulating us and asking us to link loot. One of the pinnacles of my raiding days. Standing there in Ironforge with the guild while the entire server stopped to inspect us. Logging on hours before prime time to make sure no one got caught in a que. The insanity of mob farming, dungeon loot farming, auction house scouring, and trade chat spamming to have enough consumables to pull off kills. Paying off other guilds to use their Heart of Hakkar, Ony, and Nef buffs for our big progression nights. Being completely consumabled up with world buffs heading to Naxx, only to run into EJ or Aurora and battle them at the Naxx teleporter. KJ in BC and LK 25m H in Wrath were similar feelings, but I'll never forget the feeling of beating WoW the first time.

I was the MT in a guild and we had just cleared BWL and killed Nef for the first time the week before. With the fight still being a challenge because of color combos changing and it being new, there were a few wipes as we looked to get our second full clear on our normal night.

With the boss in the final phase (2?) and me needing to stance dance to avoid fears (or get fear ward from THE dwarf priest); all while maintaining threat. I DC'd. I fucking DC'd.

I call it out on vent but of course my character is still in game and I'm still receiving heals. More importantly, I'm still maintaining threat. Threat was the game then for tanks and the top DPS on that fight were always creeping up on you.

But my trusty Thunderfury was a magnet and I (ish...it?) tanked Nef offline for a solid chunk of time, didn't lose threat, and came back in for the final 10% and we got our second kill. It was epic, that guild was epic, the game was new and that fight was a blast.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Probably what got me into WoW was questing in Barrens. Org/tarren mill were pretty epic feeling cities at the time. And venturing off to kill gnolls and murlocs around wailing caverns was very memorable.

Particularly making groups for wailing caverns and spending 2 hours in there just do a full run and get mad exp. Get ur first blue item and feel like a god.

Also the shit talk in barrens chat was epic

It's really hard to pick just one.

From the overall aspect of the game, I'd say the community. People were just having fun.
    Favorite solo experience, exploration of the world
    Fav raid experience, opening the scarab wall. My guild and I were up for 30+ hours, fighting horde/grinding the bosses for the rep/running the raid when it finally opened.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

UBRS runs for some reason.

Never capped in vanilla. But when TBC released I'll never forget questing my way through eversong and the ghostlands in just awe. They are my favorite starting zones to this day and the leveling process is just so fluid in beautifully crafted zones.

My first raid being kara when I was a complete noob and still to this day never getting my wolf slayer sniper rifle to drop off of red riding hood.

My luck in getting thori'dal to drop and recieving it.

Wrath pre launch kara and getting the arcanite reaper from the new boss, zombie invasion, and finally the actual chaos of the wrath launch.

The atmosphere and scale of the environments in TBC and Wrath were breathtaking. Zones were crafted from the start expecting flying to happen and the scale of objects truly made you feel like you were treading in ancient or forbidden/forgotten areas of the world. I think the pinnacle of environment, quest, and story was by far wrath, I'll never forget taking down the lich king the first time.

Naxxramas 40 was very frustrating and memorable, Barrens general chat, Maraudon, Dire Maul Tribute runs, Alterac Valley honor grind, Silithus War Effort to name a few.

The opening of Ahn'quiraj (sp?).

Getting the Winterspring Frostsaber mount via rep-grinding for 3 months solid (each rep turn in was only 50 rep per quest). First on server with it.

Getting the hunter legendary bow, that wasn't a legendary. Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers Also was first on server with it, and got it before they changed it - meaning, you clicked it to make it a melee weapon and it had an animation to it as well when you switched between weapons.

Had to edit this in, as I feel like.. it's a holy shit type thing:

Getting the Blizzcon Murky pet for a mere 900g (the price of an epic mount).
    Last edited by Demona3; 2017-10-25 at 03:37 AM.

Deleted
    For me, having started my own account in TBC, my fondest memory of classic WoW was watching a friend of mine play.
    He was hanging out in Goldshire with his ~20 human warrior and dueled a female gnome rogue of about the same level range. He was explaining to me what stealth is as he was going around trying to catch the little gnome out of stealth.

I stil remember that feeling I got that those really were CHARACTERS, truly unique with their own place in the world. Somehow this feeling has dissipated from the game more and more. It's funny because we have so much customization now. I guess it's hard to explain.

I started playing at the end of vanilla, so I didn't hit max level until BC was getting underway. My favorite memory from back then was getting geared enough to step inside Kara for the first time. I was hooked on raiding ever since.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wandering around Tirisfal Glades with my noob priest and watching "by myself" (so to say) the mess left by the Scourge and the ensuing civil war in Tirisfal/Plaguelands ^^

Deleted
    Killing alliance in pvp and making a pvp video about it

Rerolled alliance for 3rd video, had to level to 60 and get geared up again, it took so long lol

Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-10-25 at 04:08 AM.

Probably the 5-day long AV battles. Having quests that dramatically mattered then, in a pvp setting, was very fun. None of the zerging and rushing as a massive unit like current BGs are, steamrolling everything.

Aside from that, I actually loathed most of vanilla/classic WoW. The forced grinding to level was painful, the quests were horribly spread out and land travel was awful then. Also, dungeons were long and arduous, with fucktons of useless, high-health, poor-drop trash. Then there was all the ninja-ing and griefing when someone didn't get what they wanted... Makes me game for the game's evolution aside from how BGs are currently handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming cultists in sikithhs to work my way to bosses, and finally getting a blue 2h for my arms warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Alterac Valley

Leveling my nelf in Ashenvale and nearby zones. Huge Warcraft 3 fan so to experience the zones etc this close was awesome.

5+ Year Old Account
    Finally getting into Old Ironforge on my level 27 undead mage. That was huge for me, but then I got banned and made the most embarrasing "GRRR I GOT BANNED" video which as 260K plays today, which was also huge for me.

pick up group for Uldaman while questing in Badlands on my warlock. back when druids only had a single rez - the battle one. having fun, getting a little lost, pull a bit too much and we are wiping. at the last possible moment, right before I die, i managed to put a soul stone on our druid tank. and he rezed before mobs ran back and immediately died again :P but that last moment soul stone.... i'm still kinda proud of it. bear in mind, I was still figuring out how to warlock.

another just favorite experience, getting completely and utterly lost in blackrock mountain. SO and I found 2 other people, we were all pretty new to the whole mmo thing, and that dungeon crawl was the most dungeon crawl like experience that I've had in a video game. STILL. it took hours and we never did get to finish it, becasue both of us had to go to sleep, cause work in the morning :P

looking back though, I realize that my favorite moments were mostly due to people I ended up playing with. though I'm still sad as to how much they neutered sunken temple. even if that place completely confounded me :P

almost forgot. those are both love and hate memories. mount quests. my god. especially the dungeon part. took me forever to find a group for my warlock and it was basically 4 warlocks - all who were on that same quest, including me and one lowly VERY drunk paladin. we ended up enslaving demons and using them to fight other demons. good times, good times. still using my class mount on a lock, even though you just train it now. after all the effort it took to get it back then? it just feels wrong to use anything else.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-10-25 at 05:45 AM.