Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    How about you make friends in real life instead.
    It might shock you, but the people you are playing with are real. They are real existing humans with thoughts and emotions. Making friends ingame is making friends "in real life".

Deleted
    Well I haven't done one of these in a while so here goes.

OP is notorious shitposter: ✓
    OP creates polarising topic: ✓
    OP never responds once the topic is created: ✓

C'mon guys I thought you were better than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've added plenty, and I'm certainly not the most sociable person you can find. I had a lot of complaints about all the anti-social aspects of the game that they were pushing in WoD, but Legion has vastly improved in that department.

This sounds like a personal problem.

In previous versions of World of Warcraft, you were basically forced into social settings. Modern WoW doesn't force you to do that.

Though I have made many friends in this expansion, they have pretty much entirely entered my circle because of websites, other games, the guild (which in turn uses websites), etc. It is very rare that I do a piece of content with someone in the game and then add them as friend the way I would in vanilla.

Had a Vanilla/TBC guild where I made friends, stopped PVE until Legion, got in another guild, made some friends.

OP needs to invest a bit more time in the guild, talking to people, doing m+, achievements etc. His behavior is called "Raid logging" and it's usually frowned upon in most guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I've deleted everyone in my friends list at the start of Legion and I got loads of new people in there now. At least 20 or so that I talk to on a weekly basis and even play other games with like Destiny at the moment.

So yeah, its all on you.
    I did the same, have lots now. Mainly from mythic+, I really can't say enough about how positive a change this system has and will be for the game.

It's not the same style as in TBC/Wrath though social norms have changed, especially for me since I'm not spending 6 nights a week raiding and wiping. Failing together, as 25 people brings you closer together imo.

I'd say you definitely, want to be using discord. The truth is, with the pace of the game now, having IM style chats is almost cluncky. I mean outside of flight paths when do I have time to "be social".

Get a good microphone and comfortable headset and don't be afraid to ask for discord info.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Big guilds are anonymous as hell. Join a small guild if you want to make friends.
    Truth.

Invited to a random small guild that needed a dps, had joined them by the end of the night and chat with them regularly.

I make friends in real life. These people on WoW and online aren't going to come over to your birthday party, bring you food when you are sick, hug you when your pet or family member dies, help you move furniture or let you borrow their truck to move furniture, or give you a ride to work when your car breaks down. They are not your friends. Sure, there are exceptions, but they are very very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Well I haven't done one of these in a while so here goes.

OP is notorious shitposter: ✓
    OP creates polarising topic: ✓
    OP never responds once the topic is created: ✓

C'mon guys I thought you were better than this.
    Does that work are we allowed to call people shitposters instead of trolls as a loophole?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I make friends in real life. These people on WoW and online aren't going to come over to your birthday party, bring you food when you are sick, hug you when your pet or family member dies, help you move furniture or let you borrow their truck to move furniture, or give you a ride to work when your car breaks down. They are not your friends. Sure, there are exceptions, but they are very very rare.
    You sound like loads of fun.

I get friend invites all the fucking time (and never accept them lol) but that's probably because I'm a stellarino player.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes. Sounds like you've had a bad life.

I hope things get better for you down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Does that work are we allowed to call people shitposters instead of trolls as a loophole?
    I didn't know you couldn't call people trolls. I just say whatever the fuck I want and hope for the best.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't let anyone drive my truck lol. Even if they were adjoined to the hip with me and I got shot I'd make them call 911.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

My friends list has grown a lot in Legion, mostly from Mythic+ runs, however I have also lost a lot of friends I used to raid with who have quit or moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I know what you're thinking, no it's not because I'm anti-social or anything. I came back to WoW since playing WotLK and leveled to 110.

I got invited to a big guild with hundreds of members. I log in and que up for raids and dungeons and leave the instance when I'm done. I never feel the need to add anyone just because no one really speaks to each other. I'm simply just "war" in groups.

Is it just me or are other players in the same boat?
    While there have been reports quick to blame the OP, he is right. You really don't NEED any friends or other people to play WoW anymore. Shared tagging of mobs has eliminated the quick groups for elite quest mobs..... not to mention elite mobs are soloable by every class/spec.

When there is no need to be social, many will take the convenient route and simply not interact. The days of logging in and friends hitting you up to tank are over. It's too easy to queue for unknown people which may as well be computer controlled... the only way of knowing they aren't is the negative comments.

Which brings me to my final observation. the dumbed down wow of today has encouraged the type of negative community it now has. It was the reputation on a single server, the need to treat one another with respect and friendship to make progress in the game, that harbored such an amazing community.

That wow is truly dead... it's now the millenial's version. Sad.

So you judge friends by how much of a material help they might offer you (especially since you can talk to people and offer emotional help via text/voice, and many people even prefer it)? lol. I haven't really made friends through wow myself, as I knew most 'friends' who played it already irl, but saying that making friends in-game is always inferior to making friends irl is just pretty short-sighted imo

Edit: so if one of your 'irl friends' moved to another state or god forbid, to another continent, they would stop being your friend overnight as they could do exactly 0 things you listed you require from someone to be considered as your friend?
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-10-25 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It might shock you, but the people you are playing with are real. They are real existing humans with thoughts and emotions. Making friends ingame is making friends "in real life".
    Yes they are real, but WoW is not real life. So you are making real friends inside an online world instead of just going out and talking to people.

So instead of complaining that he didn't make any new friends in Legion, OP could just leave the house and talk to people. Blizzard is not responsible for your friendships.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-10-25 at 12:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    While there have been reports quick to blame the OP, he is right. You really don't NEED any friends or other people to play WoW anymore. Shared tagging of mobs has eliminated the quick groups for elite quest mobs..... not to mention elite mobs are soloable by every class/spec.

When there is no need to be social, many will take the convenient route and simply not interact. The days of logging in and friends hitting you up to tank are over. It's too easy to queue for unknown people which may as well be computer controlled... the only way of knowing they aren't is the negative comments.

Which brings me to my final observation. the dumbed down wow of today has encouraged the type of negative community it now has. It was the reputation on a single server, the need to treat one another with respect and friendship to make progress in the game, that harbored such an amazing community.

That wow is truly dead... it's now the millenial's version. Sad.
    This did have some elements of truth, but in legion you have a choice!

(Mythic +) I log in and it is exactly like before, "hey want to heal/dps/tank this dungeon?" "great hop in discord if you want" and while it might get a little tired over the coarse of the expansion it was the jumping off point to get me into 20 some odd discord channels and now there is always someone on in one of those channels. It's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    So you judge friends by how much of a material help they might offer you (especially since you can talk to people and offer emotional help via text/voice, and many people even prefer it)? lol. I haven't really made friends through wow myself, as I knew most 'friends' who played it already irl, but saying that making friends in-game is always inferior to making friends irl is just pretty short-sighted imo

Edit: so if one of your 'irl friends' moved to another state or god forbid, to another continent, they would stop being your friend overnight as they could do exactly 0 things you listed you require from someone to be considered as your friend?
    Ok. Let's flip this around on you since you are coming at me from an assumed moral high ground and assumed authority on the subject while simultaneously being a condescending insufferable child over it.

Something isn't short sighted just because it's your opinion that it is. I think it's very long sighted and wise, and based off of my considerable experience. You reduced emotional comfort that every human being needs, reliance upon another for life hardships that every human being needs, and basic kindness that every human being needs to being "material needs." I'm sorry that YOUR "online" life and friends aren't offering those things to you, boo.

And in regards to your totally made up situation about someone "moving to another state,' the fact remains you initially met them IN REAL LIFE and became friends with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like loads of fun.
    You only know me based on an online forum interaction. You have no fucking idea how fun I am in real life, and you are proving my point precisely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Yikes. Sounds like you've had a bad life.

I hope things get better for you down the line.
    If by "life" you mean my online experience, then you're still incorrect. I have several very close real life friends I could send a text to and in 5 minutes they would drop what they were doing to come help me with whatever I needed.

I'll thank you to not make up entirely fabricated scenarios about my personal life in your little head and apply them to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've added more friends this expansion than I did even in Wrath. My friends list is always lit up with 5-10 people online any time of the day now. I'm not going to assume you're anti-social, but I've not shared your experience this expansion.

My guild has 200 characters and I think it’s around 65 unique players. Some are old friends, some are casuals who hang around, but most are our 16 raiders and their alts. My guild is almost always active during the day and at night(just not mornings). We’re on the bigger side of a small guild, so I agree with the small guild = more active.

People seem to think that 600 members meansncinstant activity, but most of them are a mix of alts and people who don’t play anymore who were never removed from the guild. The ones who do play are in the guild for the name but have not joined for the same reasons such as raiding or Mythic plus or to pvp. Find a guild that’s active in what yiu want to experience and you’ll find a much better guild.