Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spent no money on Steam this year, but I did spend about $60 on PSN and picked up FF XV and Yakuza 0. Yakuza 0 is fucking awesome btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep went on sell on Amazon.

Still on sell for $77.
    https://www.amazon.com/South-Park-Fr...ured+but+whole
    Nice buut definitely too low on funds..pluuus already have digital

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Nice buut definitely too low on funds..pluuus already have digital
    NP its been on sell since black friday, So its likely to get lower.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm trying to spend money on the Steam sale but having no luck

Any suggestions for some cheapish co-op games for me and the mrs. would be appreciated though. I like most types of game and she claims to also like most types but doesn't really...Thinking Torchlight II at the moment as she likes Diablo II and I enjoyed the original Diablo many moons ago so something that is of similar fashion might be the way to go. Also got her playing Portal 2 co-op with me and she's actually enjoying it so I guess some co-op puzzler suggestions wouldn't go amiss

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post

Any suggestions for some cheapish co-op games for me and the mrs. would be appreciated though. I like most types of game and she claims to also like most types but doesn't really...Thinking Torchlight II at the moment as she likes Diablo II and I enjoyed the original Diablo many moons ago so something that is of similar fashion might be the way to go. Also got her playing Portal 2 co-op with me and she's actually enjoying it so I guess some co-op puzzler suggestions wouldn't go amiss
    Human: Fall Flat is a blast co-op. Not whole lot of content, but for $8 I'd say it's worth.

If you like the ARPG genre Grim Dawn is one of the best I have played in my opinion but Torchlight was good fun as well.

Other co-Op games on Steam we have played are Dungeon Defenders 1 and 2 and Tree of Life. Do not be put off by the free to play tags on DD. We never felt the need to sink any money into it in order to progress and the quality is great.

Probably not quite in your budget or perhaps not even something you would like but we recently bought Divinity 2 and it is amazing. Have you played the first? It's pretty cheap now.

- - - Updated - - -

So what has everyone bought?

I got Stardew Valley and Invisible Inc so far and very happy with both. Still debating on Craft the World, Hard West, Planet Coaster and Salt & Sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    So what has everyone bought?
    So far nothing =/

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Still debating on Craft the World, Hard West, Planet Coaster and Salt & Sanctuary.
    I got Craft the World and it was a decent timewaster. Maybe I'll playing it wrong, but just feels like it takes forever to progress to the next level. Though it's probably more with me playing the game wrong / always taking the longest route possible than the game itself.

decided to grab a few games including Prey, Trails in the Sky 3, Trails of Cold Steel, Witcher 3 and Bataman: The Enemy Within. I also grabbed the Megaman Legacy collections since I never played the first 6 and so far I can totally understand why people don't look back at the first one all that fondly.

Deleted

Titan Quest might work for you. It's similar, but older and less cartoon-ish than Torchlight II.

Purchased Ride 2 in a local shop. Not as polished as the Forzas and Project Cars of this world, but a fun, well made racing game, that deserves the super positive reviews it got. The current steam sale price of 25€ is however still a bit high.

snapped up all the DLC for Tropico 5 and Deus Ex: Mankind divided for 25 bucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought a hat in time and a steam link ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, I think I might make it through the year without any Steam sale purchases, and very little in the way of seasonal sale purchases at all.

I think my backlog is finally catching up to me and I feel bad adding more to it : (

Damn I bought too many games, 22 so far

Lethal League, Celebrat10n TrackMania2 Pack, Mortal Kombat XL, Garry's Mod, Tabletop Simulator, Bob Was Hungry, Duck Game, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Stick Fight: The Game, Tracks - The Train Set Game, Hand Simulator, Golf It!, Vanquish, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite V2, Sniper Elite 4

And some DLC's: Mafia III: Season Pass, Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

Problem I'm having is I just upgraded my video card so of course I want to buy all the games that would have ran horribly on my old card like GTA 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Steam is being shitty about their authenticator again. Bought a new phone and activated Steam Guard there, now I'm locked out of the market for 15 days. Why isn't there a simple way to transfer it to a new phone, where you need both at the same time for example, to not get that stupid lock.

Cities Skylines - Natural Disasters
    Cities Skylines - Green Cities
    Assassin's Creed Rogue
    Assassin's Creed Unity
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate
    Assassin's Creed Origins

It's been something like half a decade since I spent this much money during one Steam sale. And it'll probably be another half a decade before it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Steam is being shitty about their authenticator again. Bought a new phone and activated Steam Guard there, now I'm locked out of the market for 15 days. Why isn't there a simple way to transfer it to a new phone, where you need both at the same time for example, to not get that stupid lock.
    When you go to activate it, it clearly says that even transferring locks it out for 15 days, but if you wait 7 days to make a trade/sale/something then the hold is lessened to 7 or something.

But yeah, I got a new phone too and was going to activate it and saw that message. So I decided to hold off and just use the authenticator on the old one until I sold all my steam winter cards and sale was over. Just so I didn't have to worry about anything. After that I won't even remember there being a 7-15 day hold.

"Without the security of an authenticator, trades and Market selling listings will be heldby Steam for up to 15 days"
    Yes, "Without", I have one now on my new phone.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there's also the following line:
    To remove this restriction... You must enable Steam Guard on your account. Please ensure that your email is verified and you have logged into your account twice after enabling Steam Guard.
    Logged out and in on multiple devices multiple times now and still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    "Without the security of an authenticator, trades and Market selling listings will be heldby Steam for up to 15 days"
    Yes, "Without", I have one now on my new phone.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there's also the following line:

Logged out and in on multiple devices multiple times now and still nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    Can I transfer my authenticator to my new phone?

Yes, you can.
    To transfer your authenticator to a new phone, you'll need access to the phone number associated with your account (so we can send you a text message to confirm it's you).
    From the Steam Mobile app on your new device, try to log into your account. When the app asks for your authenticator code, select "Please help, I no longer have access to my Mobile Authenticator codes." Follow the steps the app provides and you can either transfer your authenticator to the new device or remove it from the previous device.
    After transferring the authenticator, any new trades or market listings will be held for a couple of days to protect your items in case your authenticator is ever transferred by a malicious person. See our Trade Holds FAQ for more information about trade holds.

This is from the Steam Authenticator FAQ page. The reasoning behind it is pretty solid.

Well, that's stupid. Why do I need to pretend I lost my phone... They could just put that option next to the remove button. Valve really needs some UX designers in their team for Steam, after 14 years it's still pretty bad.