Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    They're not even worth the paper they're printed on if states ignore them. They're not authoritative in any manner. It's just text on a paper that outlines some principles that people have agreed to follow as long as it suits them.
    We're talking about the UK, the provisions of the Geneva Conventions are incorporated into British law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajat View Post
    Killing muslim warriors and their acquaintances is a just cause, no questions asked. Remember 9/11!
    Killing ISIS fighters...no problem there. Killing someone because they know someone in ISIS...can't justify that.

Also, 9/11 doesn't really have the same connotations in the UK as in the US. 7/7 has more meaning there i imagine.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-10-27 at 12:21 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm kinda sympathetic towards native ISIS fighters as they are defending their home from Western aggression. Non native fighters of course should not be there in the first place and stay home in the UK etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    We're talking about the UK, the provisions of the Geneva Conventions are incorporated into British law.
    I have no idea why you would refer to the conventions then if you have laws regarding it. Refer to your laws instead.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    If they die as combatants on the battlefield it is simple enough to wash your hands of it. You shouldn't expect mercy in combat from a state you betrayed. If they are captured or surrender they should be prosecuted to the extent of the law in their country of citizenship. Summary executions are barbaric.
    Summary executions is a human right!

Deleted
    I'm conflicted on this, a part of me is like...we're talking about almost a thousand people from the UK alone. Of course a lot of them are going to be flat out bad people no question but there are bound to be some people who joined because they were young, naive and stupid that have grown up to regret their choices and want to come home. There are going to be some that are mentally deficient and vulnerable to indoctrination. They are still human beings and as such should they not be afforded the rights of any combatant in war and be taken prisoner, tried and sentenced appropriately for their crimes?

Another part of me remembers all the images and statements from witnesses that have come out of the countries where Isis operate and thinks fuck it, the Lord'll sort 'em.
    tbh i see it as pretty cut and dry, fighting for a for a power aligned against the crown is treason and the punishment for treason should be death (but the eu stopped us having that, so just doing our best to make sure they never make it back is as goo as we can do)

id hang draw and quarter them and place there heads on spikes on London bridge like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I'm kinda sympathetic towards native ISIS fighters as they are defending their home from Western aggression. Non native fighters of course should not be there in the first place and stay home in the UK etc.
    You've said some shitty edgelord bullshit in your time Elba...but this is up there. Are you aware that the majority of people ISIS kills are other muslims from the same "home"?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    I kind of agree with this, if you went the middle east and fought with ISIS, you deserve a death penalty, and they should not make any exceptions on it either, the way to discourage them is to make sure they'll end up in the ground if they decide to return.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why you would refer to the conventions then if you have laws regarding it. Refer to your laws instead.
    I did, the Geneva Conventions are our laws. That's what incorporated means.

Hahaha, no, just no. They're not defending their home from western aggression, they're killing everyone.

A person joins ISIS, then they're a traitor to their country and its culture and their humans rights should cease to exist as they are joining a savage fanatical group with caveman mentality who's concept of humanity is non-excistent. Period.

I did, the Geneva Conventions are our laws. That's what incorporated means.
    If it's your laws then refer to your laws instead.

You do like to go to extremes to avoid admitting you were wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    I literally just explained it for you, what are you arguing about? Stop being obtuse and read what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You do like to go to extreme to avoid admitting you were wrong.
    There was nothing wrong about what I said. The conventions aren't worth the paper they're printed on because UN does not have any authority anywhere to enforce them. If you make them your laws, you certainly have authority in your own nations territory. Which makes it your laws. It does not mean they have any authority in the world beyond your borders. If they're being killed/executed over there, there's nothing you can do to stop it because you have no authority there.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-10-27 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    Yea they were sure defending thier home well when they genocided and enslaved Yazidis.

Now ontopic, as much as I hope ISIS fighters and supporters all meet a fiery brutal death. If its on a battlefield, thats thier own problem, but if captured? There are huge problems here.

There is still a danger from these peoples, ISIS has lost its physical terrain, but its not dead. But are really going to redefine our concept of justice for these cunts?

The precedent has been set with Bin Laden to not bring jihadi cunts to justice merely execute them. Forget about courts, evidence, trials, justice and the rest, just kill bad guys, will anyone complain? Live by the sword, die by the sword right?

I think this is dangerous. We can no longer condemn brutal dictators when they execute citizens. Mass hangings in Egypt? Who are we to say anything.

Real justice is giving them their day in court. Otherwise these wars, these murdering bastards may not have destroyed us as a people, but they have changed our norms, shattered out beliefs and shown how weak our faith in ourselves and our systems are.

Deleted
    Does that mean in actual open conflict scenario, or execution?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Does that mean in actual open conflict scenario, or execution?
    In open conflict it should go unsaid that enemy combatants can and will be killed...so it seems to me he's talking about summary execution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Yea they were sure defending thier home well when they genocided and enslaved Yazidis.

Now ontopic, as much as I hope ISIS fighters and supporters all meet a fiery brutal death. If its on a battlefield, thats thier own problem, but if captured? There are huge problems here.

There is still a danger from these peoples, ISIS has lost its physical terrain, but its not dead. But are really going to redefine our concept of justice for these cunts?

The precedent has been set with Bin Laden to not bring jihadi cunts to justice merely execute them. Forget about courts, evidence, trials, justice and the rest, just kill bad guys, will anyone complain? Live by the sword, die by the sword right?

I think this is dangerous. We can no longer condemn brutal dictators when they execute citizens. Mass hangings in Egypt? Who are we to say anything.

Real justice is giving them their day in court. Otherwise these wars, these murdering bastards may not have destroyed us as a people, but they have changed our norms, shattered out beliefs and shown how weak our faith in ourselves and our systems are.
    Well said. Like I expressed already I'm conflicted because there's a huge part of myself that says fuck them, but my rational and humanitarian side says that everyone in our country should be held to the same justice system, no matter what their crimes. We should strive to show that we are better than these people, that we value our way of life and will protect it no matter what but that we'll do it our way and without losing who we are. Not debase ourselves to their level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    In open conflict it should go unsaid that enemy combatants can and will be killed...so it seems to me he's talking about summary execution.
    I don't tend to presume. He could be marking out the obvious for what we know, that they won't stop shooting or bombing, just because they know that there is a UK citizen.