Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What was the coolest and/or most prestigious legendary item pre-Legion?

You know, of all the legendaries from Vanilla all the way up to WoD, which one was the most prestigious or did you think looked the coolest?

Let's exclude the legendary neck that only one guy every had in Vanilla, since it was more of a mistake to still have it on the loottable.

Deleted
    Some people might be still farming for thunderfury from vanilla tho

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atiesh. It was prestigious when it was current, and nowadays it still is, because blizz removed the questline (fuck replay value!).

I don't know, hard to say. I played a tank in early Vanilla so I thought Thunderfury was the cat's pajamas back then. I didn't give much credence/respect to Atiesh, despite knowing it was the hardest to acquire. The lore

Honestly, I think ALL the legendaries had a high prestigious value. They weren't easy to get, took 40+ people to acquire in most cases, and some servers were lucky to have a handful of people with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Atiesh. It was prestigious when it was current, and nowadays it still is, because blizz removed the questline (fuck replay value!).
    Oh yeah, completely forgout about it.

It's so long ago that I even remember some hard to get epics as legendaries, even though they never were :P

Deleted
    Most prestigious in my opinion is Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by adqo View Post
    Most prestigious in my opinion is Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal
    Definitely the Resonating Crystal. I wish I could have gotten it. I was nowhere near close to getting it though. Other than that, I guess Atiesh even though I don't like it as much. Still impressive to have. Thunderfury that my rogue has is my FAVORITE legendary. But it's very common now.

Crystal wins most prestigious in my eyes.

Glaives imo, if we're talking about when content was current. Really awesome looking weapon models plus the "oh shit" factor of running into a rogue with them in a bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

1 Resonating Crystal
    2 ThunderFury
    3 Atiesh

Peeps Whistle.

The prestige lies in the fact that only GMS can use it!

In all seriousness though the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal. Had a unique feature at the time which was you could cast the mount while in combat and as long as you were out of combat when it ended get on it. However that got removed in Wrath. But still it's the only legendary mount in the game that was accessible to players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thunderfury because of meme-reasons. It even got his own meme achievment.

But yeah, Crystal is probably the most prestigious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal

Of the items that I personally have:
    Still felt a bit of pride, up through the end of mid WoD(when I retired), every time I mounted my Black Proto Drake.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-10-27 at 10:13 PM.

I'd vote for Atiesh. It's certainly rarer than even the Crystal.

Art by draken4o

Deleted
    I now its not vry prestigious but Teracgosas Rest (god i butchered that name) was my favourite as the questline for it was AMAZING it required raid team stuff but also some interesting solo scenarios as well as adding some twists to the fights in Firelands. In order to unlock certain items or to loot them you had to do extra mechanics in each fight. I liked that aspect very much as it added extra flavour. Plus in the end you can turn into an awesome dragon so who doesnt want that? And the proc was OP back then.

coming from a rogue, i say Atiesh is the rarest and prestigious. also the fangs of deathwing are really amazing too. legendary ring from draenor is nice as well.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Getting our main tank/guild leader the black qiraji mount, opening the AQ gates on Argent-Dawn US back in 2006. He also had thunderfury.

We also made Sulfuras I believe 2 times or so.

That server event having to collect thousands of items was big at itself, but being part of the guild that opened it was special, even if it meant this long raid questline like killing a Shark boss, Alcaz Island mad professor, Giant Chimeroks, Protecting Moonglade from evil green dragons, Doing BWL with timer etc.

And then the opening itself with the colossal bosses.

Never got to finish Atiesh on the server, certainly not at 60 at least.

Being an RP server made it seem probably even more prestige.

TBC seen multiple pairs of glaives dropped, or a sunwell bow, also crafted shadowmourne/tarecgosa/fangs with guilds, still none feel the same as the Scepter of Sands questline that felt the most impact on the whole server itself imo.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-28 at 12:54 AM.

Depends on whom you ask.

My number 1 will forever be Shadowmourne, due to it being the first legendary that I followed from entering ICC to seeing our Paladin finally equip it.

As for legendary item that's not a weapon, I can only really think of the Black Qiraji mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Getting our main tank/guild leader the black qiraji mount, opening the AQ gates on Argent-Dawn US back in 2006. He also had thunderfury.

That server event having to collect thousands of items was big at itself, but being part of the guild that opened it was special, even if it meant this long raid questline like killing a Shark boss, Alcaz Island mad professor, Giant Chimeroks, Protecting Moonglade from evil green dragons, Doing BWL with timer etc.

And then the opening itself with the colossal bosses.

Never got to finish Atiesh on the server, certainly not at 60 at least.
    luckily things have improved, you had to do all that boring grind.

while in legion i got to enjoy the broken shore questline of looting 100 marks of sentinax, kill 100 demons, loot 10 chests, do 3 follower missions, kill 3 faceroll elites, that's the real fun content no-one will forget! /s

Vanilla legendaries, ANY. PERIOD!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    luckily things have improved, you had to do all that boring grind.

while in legion i got to enjoy the broken shore questline of looting 100 marks of sentinax, kill 100 demons, loot 10 chests, do 3 follower missions, kill 3 faceroll elites, that's the real fun content no-one will forget! /s
    Can't compare that at all to the AQ 1 time event, it feels different when a whole realm works toward something huge at the time.

Broken shore was just "lack of creativity" , keeping us time-gated for the sake of 11 weeks of no better content.

Yes I see the /s.