10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yes, Investigate the Investigators

I agree. I initially dismissed the claims when the substance of Strzok's texts were unknown, but now that we know the particulars of these messages, it combines with the Hillary investigation irregularities to merit an investigation.
    The texts are disturbing, and absolutely a good reason to fire Strzok. Those were sentiments that are perfectly reasonable for an individual to have, but do cast doubts on his ability to be impartial. That said, Strzok was exposed and fired by an internal investigation already. There is a system already in place that found it.

A special counsel to investigate the special counsel is nothing more then an attempt to obstruct justice. Mueller's team deals in facts, not partisan lean. He has shown the ability to produce mountains of hard evidence, and get guilty pleas out of powerful people. Let him finish his investigation and then look at the facts he produces on their own merits. The very idea that a prosecutor cannot have negative views about the person they are investigating is absurd. That would be like a defense lawyer in a homicide trial claiming the prosecution is "Tainted" because they said negative things about murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The texts are disturbing, and absolutely a good reason to fire Strzok. Those were sentiments that are perfectly reasonable for an individual to have, but do cast doubts on his ability to be impartial. That said, Strzok was exposed and fired by an internal investigation already. There is a system already in place that found it.
    Year and a half later?

A special counsel to investigate the special counsel is nothing more then an attempt to obstruct justice. Mueller's team deals in facts, not partisan lean. He has shown the ability to produce mountains of hard evidence, and get guilty pleas out of powerful people.
    On no charges higher then "lying to FBI"?

Let him finish his investigation and then look at the facts he produces on their own merits. The very idea that a prosecutor cannot have negative views about the person they are investigating is absurd. That would be like a defense lawyer in a homicide trial claiming the prosecution is "Tainted" because they said negative things about murderers.
    Why was Strzok removed from investigation then?

You can't have it both ways. Either it is significant enough, and then all instances should be investigated; or it wasn't significant enough, and then it was wrong to dismiss him.

I agree. I initially dismissed the claims when the substance of Strzok's texts were unknown, but now that we know the particulars of these messages, it combines with the Hillary investigation irregularities to merit an investigation.
    While we're at it, investigate the DOJ and Congress for inviting reporters over to view the texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, with IC apparently being full of Trump-haters, how exactly can he trust them?

Trust goes both ways, you know; IC doesn't seem to trust him either, and leaked frequently.
    Do you want to know why the IC doesn't trust him? Because Trump has been bagging on them since he became the fucking nominee. But you are wrong. The IC and law enforcement in general typically votes Republican. But when you have someone running you down constantly, I wouldn't support him either.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but this is bullshit. He had texts critical of Trump, so what? He also had texts critical of Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Congress and others. Sounds like a normal person with normal political opinions.

Why exactly? Where do you draw the line?

As we know right now, it was specifically Clinton-lover Strzok in FBI that personally changed the wording from "gross negligence" to "extreme carelessness", and even suggested using "phone that cannot be traced" to talk about Clinton stuff while he was doing investigation...

And there are strong suspicions that he used Steele dossier as backing to obtain FISA warrants on Trump, which was used for later leverage against him.
    you draw the line at actions and not opinions, have any these investigators actively done things during the investigation process that breaks procedure, protocol, ect?

Year and a half later?

On no charges higher then "lying to FBI"?

Why was Strzok removed from investigation then?

You can't have it both ways. Either it is significant enough, and then all instances should be investigated; or it wasn't significant enough, and then it was wrong to dismiss him.
    You still think that because Flynn, getting the charge of lying to the FBI, doesn't mean he isn't singing like a jailbird? He was facing charges of 60 fucking years, and he gets a charge that carries what? 5-12 months? Sorry, but you are lying for Putin again aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report

Special counsel Robert Mueller's office has reportedly requested information from Cambridge Analytica, the data firm utilized by the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Mueller's team has requested all emails from employees at the firm who worked with the campaign.

The request, which wasn't previously known, was voluntary, as was another request the firm complied with from the House Intelligence Committee, the newspaper reported.

Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix also interviewed with the House Intelligence Committee over video call this week, according to the report.

Nix was reported earlier this year to have been in contact with top Trump donor Rebekah Mercer about better organizing emails being released by WikiLeaks.

WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange tweeted that he could confirm that he was contacted by Nix prior to November 2016, and that Nix's request was declined.

It was reported that Nix was interested in obtaining the 33,000 emails deleted from Clinton's private server used during her time leading the State Department.

"I can confirm an approach by Cambridge Analytica [prior to November last year] and can confirm that it was rejected by WikiLeaks," Assange tweeted.
    The investigation is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sorry, but this is bullshit. He had texts critical of Trump, so what? He also had texts critical of Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Congress and others. Sounds like a normal person with normal political opinions.
    That was my position as well, and I said so openly. I cited Andrew McCarthy who stated that FBI agents frequently rib each other over political views, but it in no way obstructed their impartiality in law.

That was before the substance of these texts came about, and it looks like it goes beyond "ribbing", it looks like Strzok had a plan in mind. It looks bad. It's worth looking into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...for all these people crying about political bias of special prosecutors let's look at something interesting shall we?

Robert Mueller -- Member of the Republican Party.
    Patrick Fitzgerald (Valerie Plame investigator) -- Independent.
    John Danforth (Waco) -- Republican.
    Lawrence Walsh (Iran-Contra) -- Republican.
    Ken Starr (Whitewater/BJs) -- Republican.

By alllllllllll means. Keep the spotlight on the political leanings of special prosecutors. I think the findings won't be what you are aiming for.

That was my position as well, and I said so openly. I cited Andrew McCarthy who stated that FBI agents frequently rib each other over political views, but it in no way obstructed their impartiality in law.

That was before the substance of these texts came about, and it looks like it goes beyond "ribbing", it looks like Strzok had a plan in mind. It looks bad. It's worth looking into.
    You mean his plan to criticize and shit-talk Democrats and Republicans? https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-age...ers-1513274691

Spoilers - he was trashing just about everyone on all sides. This is just an attempt to undermine and discredit Mueller, and it's pretty fucking gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ongoing effort to provide as much evidence against him as possible, Trump called Putin to say thank you for his kind words at a press conference.

"Is no way Donald be so easily manipulated. Look, is KGB operative against man who built school with no classes that defrauded thousands. Clearly, Trump too smart, too successful, to handsome to easily fall to flattery," Putin said to a group of reporters at gunpoint. "I mean, look at US economy, growing almost as fast as Obama. Unemployment, falling almost as fast as Obama. Wages growing almost as fast as Obama. Far more indictments than Obama. Is why Donald never once waste time with Cabinet meeting about Russia attack on election. Donald so smart, he know better than every intelligence asset in whole USA. Donald Number One Leader."

He then winked, nudged a VHS-sized bulge in his jacket pocket, and continued occupying Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's pretty pathetic too. He got rid of the agent as soon as evidence of bias was presented. If anything it helps reinforce Mueller's integrity.
    I also like how the big evidence is personal communication. "The man expressed his opinions in a closed channel," the GOP said. "Clearly that means he is biased and cannot be trusted with anything important." The GOP then left to pass a bunch of appointees under 100% party lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    While we're at it, investigate the DOJ and Congress for inviting reporters over to view the texts.
    It's weird ZERO Republicans and Right-Wing media types have a problem with the DoJ releasing to the press a select out-of-context series of personal text messages. Republicans like Rand Paul used to be against government invasion of privacy, but I guess it's just pure team politics.

Would Republicans be fine releasing their personal text messages and emails if they worked on the Benghazi investigation? How come Trey Gowdy paid an employee $150,000 of taxpayer dollars because they refused to focus on trying to pin Benghazi on Clinton and was instead focused on saving American lives. HOW AWFUL of our government officials being concerned with American lives and not politicizing their deaths so idiots will hate the Democratic candidate for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You mean his plan to criticize and shit-talk Democrats and Republicans? https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-age...ers-1513274691

Spoilers - he was trashing just about everyone on all sides. This is just an attempt to undermine and discredit Mueller, and it's pretty fucking gross.
    I mean, I'm sure he could have wide-ranging views of other political figures from other political parties, but the point is it looked like he had a plan. It wasn't just critical messages, it appears that he felt that he couldn't "take the risk" of a Trump presidency, and that an FBI investigation was an alternative "path" in the unlikely event Trump was elected. This looks like a plan. This looks like it goes beyond gruff jabs.

And when you contrast this with the kid gloves that were donned when dealing with Hillary associates in her investigation, which he was also a part of, it all merits looking into. I don't think this jeopardizes the Mueller investigation at all; I think if Mueller uncovers damning evidence against Trump or Trump associates in criminal collusion it won't make a difference what Strzok texted. Fruit of the poisonous tree won't apply to Strzok if he never broke the law.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2017-12-15 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    It's weird ZERO Republicans and Right-Wing media types have a problem with the DoJ releasing to the press a select out-of-context series of personal text messages.
    No, it's all good. The DoJ says "Senior career ethics advisors determined that there were no legal or ethical concerns that prohibited the release of the information to the public either by members of Congress or by the department," so therefore it's fine. See, it's private expression of political feelings that is the problem. Making a partisan move to release that information is completely okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    It's weird ZERO Republicans and Right-Wing media types have a problem with the DoJ releasing to the press a select out-of-context series of personal text messages. Republicans like Rand Paul used to be against government invasion of privacy, but I guess it's just pure team politics.
    We also have a torrent of leaks coming out of this administration, and not a lot of people opposed to this president, as far as I can tell, have any qualms about publicizing them.

Investigators having personal political opinions doesn't in any way constitute compromised ethics. I imagine most of them do, their job is to execute their duty objectively, not be weird intellectual monks who have no opinion of their own. If you think an investigator is letting their partisan beliefs interfere with their work then you need evidence of that.

Mueller let him go simply as a sign that he intends his investigation to be above suspicion. It was a political move.

P.S. Thinking Trump is a dangerous moron basically just means he's a member of the human race with a functioning brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yeah...for all these people crying about political bias of special prosecutors let's look at something interesting shall we?

Robert Mueller -- Member of the Republican Party.
    Patrick Fitzgerald (Valerie Plame investigator) -- Independent.
    John Danforth (Waco) -- Republican.
    Lawrence Walsh (Iran-Contra) -- Republican.
    Ken Starr (Whitewater/BJs) -- Republican.

By alllllllllll means. Keep the spotlight on the political leanings of special prosecutors. I think the findings won't be what you are aiming for.
    Fake Republicans!!!! /s

While it's great to see moderates try to clean up their toxic party.....too bad they are in the absolutely tiny minority.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I mean, I'm sure he could have wide-ranging views of other political figures from other political parties, but the point is it looked like he had a plan. It wasn't just critical messages, it appears that he felt that he couldn't "take the risk" of a Trump presidency, and that an FBI investigation was an alternative "path" in the unlikely event Trump was elected. This looks like a plan. This looks like it goes beyond gruff jabs.

And when you contrast this with the kid gloves that were donned when dealing with Hillary associates in her investigation, which he was also a part of, it all merits looking into. I don't think this jeopardizes the Mueller investigation at all; I think if Mueller uncovers damning evidence against Trump or Trump associates in criminal collusion it won't make a difference what Strzok texted. Fruit of the poisonous tree won't apply to Strzok if he never broke the law.
    It's not a contrast worth considering. The two investigations are not comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people that missed it. Earlier this week Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein spent his day with the House Judiciary Committee, listening to howler monkeys who call themselves GOP congressmen trying their damnedest to convince Donald Trump to try to kill the Robert Mueller investigation.
    They also really want a second special counsel to investigate why the FBI is so far in the tank for Hillary Clinton and hates Trump so much.

Not going to bore you with one million videos from Wednesday’s hearings, because a lot of the GOP reps just sounded like they were reading whatever script Fox News sent over. But here's two hilights:

First is Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, Cincinnati Chili in human form that's short its cheese.

Next up is is Louie Gohmert, who worked himself into the lather all wingnuts get into when they’re winding up for a “GOTCHA!” question. With a smirk on his face, he asked yes or no, did Rod Rosenstein pressure Attorney General Jeff Sessions into recusing himself from the Russia investigation?