10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    They can and hopefully will release any information they consider should have been included.
    Nope, that would be illegal.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    "Material omissions of fact" is exclusion of facts that would change nature of memo's judgement; facts included are accurate.
    Which is a bullshit stance, and you know it.

Say we had someone who, when asked about his wife, said "I love her to pieces, and she'd kick my ass if I didn't say I loved her on the air."

And the memo quoted that guy as saying "I didn't say I loved her."

Yes, he said those words, in that order, but when you exclude the context, those words have completely different meanings.

You cannot exclude context for facts and have them retain their utility and accuracy. And the FBI has clearly stated the memo does exactly that.

"Material omissions of fact" is exclusion of facts that would change nature of memo's judgement; facts included are accurate.
    Excluding particular facts can change the overall meaning by omitting the proper context that the facts should be viewed in.

The irony that multiple people should have to point this out to YOU of all people is astounding.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2018-02-01 at 08:18 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Read what was actually said instead of just making up bullshit:
    That's the FBI saying the memo is inaccurate because it's missing key context.
    Exactly as i wrote.

The FBI, DOJ, and democrats can't. Because it classified.
    They can ask to declassify it. Or Democrats can fight to release their version of the memo that hopefully includes them as well.

If they actually cannot, well, then Republicans win ( and then go and crush Dems in midterms ).

10+ Year Old Account
    They can ask to declassify it. Or Democrats can fight to release their version of the memo that hopefully includes them as well.

If they actually cannot, well, then Republicans win ( and then go and crush Dems in midterms ).
    Or, as is more likely, the actual version is mysteriously leaked to the press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which is a bullshit stance, and you know it.
    Say we had someone who, when asked about his wife, said "I love her to pieces, and she'd kick my ass if I didn't say I loved her on the air."
    And the memo quoted that guy as saying "I didn't say I loved her."
    Yes, he said those words, in that order, but when you exclude the context, those words have completely different meanings.
    Yes, they can; why exactly should we believe FBI preferred meaning is the right one really?

You cannot exclude context for facts and have them retain their utility and accuracy. And the FBI has clearly stated the memo does exactly that.
    We'll see soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they can; why exactly should we believe FBI preferred meaning is the right one really?
    Because the FBI isn't a known serial liar like Nunes. Or yourself, ironically enough.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    So, how many more days until Rosenstein is fired by Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    So, how many more days until Rosenstein is fired by Trump?
    Probably tomorrow. He fires people on Friday's.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see soon enough.
    No, we wont. We will see one sides narrative with everyone else being unable to respond or provide context. But since its the narrative you support, no worries.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a "preferred meaning", you want to restrict the known facts to your selected few. Which is what the memo does.

The FBI wants all the material facts relevant to that information to be out, if any of it is out, to prevent any inferrable "meaning" other than what the facts actually represent.

You have this all precisely backwards.

Exactly as i wrote.

So you're just going to go with more bullshit. The FBI said the memo was inaccurate. I'll take their view on the issue over yours all day and twice on sunday.

As to your second point, ya. If people actually buy it, that could happen. Which is the problem. I don't want to live in a country with a political system like russia, where the people in power can do whatever the fuck they want and ignore the rule of law. I get that you're okay with it. You like corruption. I've seen you say so before. This is basically you saying corruption is okay yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Rick Gate's lawyers are gone and replaced with ones known for negotiating plea deals. He may have flipped and is informing on Trump/others.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Rick Gate's lawyers are gone and replaced with ones known for negotiating plea deals. He may have flipped and is informing on Trump/others.
    Sauce on his new lawyers? Saw his last ones drop like he was radioactive, but no word on any new legal representation. Only talk that his lawyers fleeing may be an indication of a plea deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce on his new lawyers? Saw his last ones drop like he was radioactive, but no word on any new legal representation. Only talk that his lawyers fleeing may be an indication of a plea deal.

Press reports last week said veteran white-collar lawyer Tom Green of Sidley Austin had joined Gates’ legal team, suggesting a plea deal could be in the works. Green did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Press reports last week said veteran white-collar lawyer Tom Green of Sidley Austin had joined Gates’ legal team, suggesting a plea deal could be in the works. Green did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm sure there's a Freddy Got Fingered joke in there somewhere. @Masark

10+ Year Old Account
    Politico confirms the departure of lawyers, but doesn't tell about their replacements.

This story says he acquired a guy named Tom Green last week.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what is known so far, the GOP is trying to make a tough case with the Nunes memo. Basically, they going to paint the reason Team Trump was even under FBI surveillance in the first place, was because of the Steele dossier which in turn was kinda sort funded by Clinton's friends kinda. The facts that
    1) Trump hired Page
    2) Trump hired Manafort
    3) Trump hired Flynn
    4) Trump Tower meeting
    5) Trump's known business connections to Russia and attempts to get more
    6) Trump owing hundreds of millions to Russian money laundering Deustche Bank
    7) The indictments so far
    8) The plea deals so far
    9) Trump refusing to act on Russian sanctions despite signing the law that required him to do so
    10) Trump handing Syria over to Russia
    11) Trump doing diddly and/or dick with regards to Ukraine
    12) No seriously, the Trump Tower meeting, which they blatantly admitted to
    13) And Trump tried to cover up with that first bogus press release
    14) Trump praising WikiLeaks, a thief working for Putin, up and down and begging for more intel
    15) Trump handing classified intelligence personally and directly to the Russians
    16) Trump knew that Flynn lied to Pence about working with the Russians
    17) Trump fired Yates for telling him about Flynn working with the Russians
    is all just somehow irrelevant happenstance. Anyone would have done that.

Oh, and parts of the Steele dossier have been verified.