10+ Year Old Account
    It might be working.

President Donald Trump's lawyers have aimed to hit the brakes on a potential sit-down with Robert Mueller, but Trump remains eager to speak with the special counsel, according to his allies.

One person familiar with Trump's thinking said -- in addition to believing he is entirely innocent -- part of what's fueling the President's willingness to participate is his belief that he has experience with lawsuits and testifying under oath from his time in the real estate business.

"He thinks he can work this," this person said. "He doesn't realize how high the stakes are."

Once you're there, there's no turning back, this person said. "You can't get up and walk away. It's not that easy."
    And, if you are one of those people who tries to handwave anonymous sources, how about Trump's personal friend, The Mooch?

"He's basically saying that I'm wide open as a book. I've done absolutely nothing wrong and I'm willing to say so under oath," former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci told CNN's Jake Tapper Tuesday. "So again, I still think that that is on the table."
    - - - Updated - - -

NBC News gives an extensive breakdown on what a subpoena to Trump would mean -- if such happened, of course -- or any other form of questioning.

On the list:

1) Trump would almost certainly have to comply with an actual subpoena. Nixon and Clinton both had to. Refusing to comply with a subpoena would bring up a charge of federal contempt, which is a high crime or misdemeanor, which is an impeachable offense. Trump, a coward, would never risk that.

2) This.

If Trump is forced to testify, his lawyers must undertake the most important witness preparation of their careers.

Trump is what lawyers would call a "difficult" client to prepare for testimony for several reasons:

First, he thinks he did nothing wrong.

Second, his business empire is so vast, and his dealings so spread out, he may have forgotten or never known things that he might be expected to know by prosecutors and his lawyers. Investigators by now have already formed an opinion about what he does or should know, and they're not likely to be persuaded otherwise.

Third, and probably the most dangerous, Trump is often combative when questioned. Witnesses need to understand that answering a prosecutor's questions under oath is not a fair fight. The rules are slanted heavily against the witness and in favor of the questioner. Witnesses who try to "win" the argument while testifying at trial or before the grand jury find that any victory is Pyrrhic, at best.

Even the best-prepared witness can sometimes go rogue testifying before a grand jury. And the defense attorneys wouldn't even know, because counsel is not allowed in the room.
    3) Taking the Fifth will be taken the same way it's always taken -- as admission of guilt -- in the political world. Except by his rabid fanbase, of course.

4) Getting the questions written out ahead of time is a long shot, at best. For Mueller to allow Trump to write answers in return is effectively impossible.

5) Lying to the FBI is a crime. There is no "under oath" required. Even if Trump has an "informal" interview, he could still fuck up, and commit a federal felony. From which he can't pardon himself.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well I do declare, I believe Joe Biden is trolling Trump, in an attempt to get him to do the interview with Mueller. Fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, she didn't even show up with him at that European financial thing a few weeks ago. She fucking went to Paris.
    My favorite part about this is how Trump keeps his mouth shut when it comes to Biden. Bullies are always so quiet when they know they're going to get slapped in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well I do declare, I believe Joe Biden is trolling Trump, in an attempt to get him to do the interview with Mueller. Fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, she didn't even show up with him at that European financial thing a few weeks ago. She fucking went to Paris.
    Maybe Trump doesn't want to talk to Biden since Biden threaten physical violence against him. It's sad men like that are in power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Maybe Trump doesn't want to talk to Biden since Biden threaten physical violence against him. It's sad men like that are in power.
    Biden has no power, so I assume you’re calling trump a coward. Good for you.

You mean like when Trump told his supporters to attack people? Yeah, it's sad that men like that are in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it’s a good thing Biden doesn’t have a pussy...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Biden has no power, so I assume you’re calling trump a coward. Good for you.
    I am calling out Biden for being acting like a child and condoning violence. But I sense a lot of people enjoy violence especially when I read the commit section of someone in the politics getting hit by a train, shot on a baseball field and getting ribs broken from being tacked in their own home. Sad times we live in, very sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You mean like when Trump told his supporters to attack people? Yeah, it's sad that men like that are in power.
    Nancy Palosi is a brave woman... that’s what @zenkai means...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Well attacking someone and attacking someone out of self defense are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am calling out Biden for being acting like a child and condoning violence. But I sense a lot of people enjoy violence especially when I read the commit section of someone in the politics getting hit by a train, shot on a baseball field and getting ribs broken from being tacked in their own home. Sad times we live in, very sad.
    Don’t forget run over by a car!

- - - Updated - - -

Well attacking someone and attacking someone out of self defense are two different things.
    All those pussies Trump was grabbing, were coming right for him!

Really sad when man who think people not clapping for him is treasonous is in power.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Trump called for his supporters to attack protesters, not out of self defense. Surely you must be outraged by such actions.

https://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trum.../#PrIp1P_mdiq3

Sad times we live in, very sad...

7+ Year Old Account
    Would it cause your head to explode if you admitted that trump has done the same? Why are you unable t condemn him, mr “independent”.

Also, again Biden has no power. So you’re factually wrong on that count, I dont know why you even brought “power” up if you aren’t talking about trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Really sad when man who think people not clapping for him is treasonous is in power.
    I don't disagree with that.

I am calling out Biden for being acting like a child and condoning violence.
    OMG I stared directly into the IRONY. MY EYES!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Would it cause your head to explode if you admitted that trump has done the same? Why are you unable t condemn him, mr “independent”.

Also, again Biden has no power. So you’re factually wrong on that count, I dont know why you even brought “power” up if you aren’t talking about trump.
    Because when Trump does it, it’s just what all politicians do. It’s completley normal... like a talk in a locker room or back of a bus. But, democrats need to be stopped... they have a shadow government undermining the GOP majority!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree with that.
    No, you just choose to bitch about Biden, a random poster calling Trump Hitler and claim that the memo being called a lie based on the words of the writer, is partisan politics.

Trump called for his supporters to attack protesters, not out of self defense. Surely you must be outraged by such actions.

https://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trum.../#PrIp1P_mdiq3

Sad times we live in, very sad...
    Is there another incident I am unaware of, I was thinking of this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying to support violence? And why are you lying about the neighbor dispute involving Rand Paul? You need the independent mindset. You are too partisan.

peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    The post you quoted, contains a link, with the following title:

All the times Trump has called for violence at his rallies

Not even joking...

7+ Year Old Account

https://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trum.../#k4wZJPP8liq8

And that was written in March of ‘16

Still not seeing you condemn him for violence.