Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    He's not wrong though. Mueller has been eyeing Kushner for a while and Kushner is the biggest and best piece Mueller could possibly get to force a checkmate.

If there was a connection between these Russians and the Trump camp, it would have been in an operation overseen by Kushner. And even if Trump doesn't request extradition or Russia agree even if a request is made, they captured evidence, paperwork, etc already.
    I guess we will see. I forecast that unless there are DIRECT links of Trump himself to Russians, this whole debacle will fizzle and die. No one will care, especially the base voters that put Trump into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Any "help" can and will be used against him.
    Don't be dirty in the first place helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well, that's a political opinion. I respect your opinion, but it's just an opinion.
    For starters, enact the sanctions that were passed with overwhelming approval in the house and senate.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theinquisition View Post
    I guess we will see. I forecast that unless there are DIRECT links of Trump himself to Russians, this whole debacle will fizzle and die. No one will care, especially the base voters that put Trump into office.
    You'd be remiss to think that anyone thought Trump's base to be remotely redeemable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Fact

Opinion

How does a fact contradict an opinion?
    It's not opinion, lol.

Holy shit, are you for real?

It absolutely won't. This 100% verified Russians meddled with our elections. If you're a true patriot, then you should care. And I know quite a lot of people that care.

No one with any remote sanity is outright saying Trump directly colluded with Russia. And even if he did, he would have been sheltered enough to not have it be provable in court.

The most likely result is Trump gets hit for obstruction of justice where there's already a case, and continues to build by the day.

For collusion, that would fall to the underlings. Priebus, Bannon, Flynn, Kushner, Sessions, and congressmen like Ryan, McConnell, Nunes, and Gowdy.

edit: Mueller is treating this investigation like one into an organized crime family so he's working his way up and trying to flip who he can to get the biggest fish he can before he has to just play his hand.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-02-17 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    No one with any remote sanity is outright saying Trump directly colluded with Russia. And even if he did, he would have been sheltered enough to not have it be provable in court.

The most likely result is Trump gets hit for obstruction of justice where there's already a case, and continues to build by the day.

For collusion, that would fall to the underlings. Priebus, Bannon, Flynn, Kushner, Sessions, and congressmen like Ryan, McConnell, Nunes, and Gowdy.
    Well, I think he did to an extent, but he's not smart enough to have planned all of this. He went along with plans to collude with Russia formulated by others though. But Trump himself is a glorified puppet, he's not even intelligent enough to tie his shoes, let alone plan collusion with a foreign government.

He basically has no thoughts of his own, he just echoes whatever people he listens to say.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-02-17 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Well, I think he did to an extent, but he's not smart enough to have planned all of this. He went along with plans to collude with Russia formulated by others though. But Trump himself is a glorified puppet, he's not even intelligent enough to tie his shoes, let alone plan collusion with a foreign government.
    And like I edited in, Mueller is treating this investigation like one into an organized crime family so he's working his way up and trying to flip who he can to get the biggest fish he can before he has to just play his hand.

You don't need to get the don on murder charges. You just work your way up flipping people and the biggest guy eventually with something. The famous Al Capone with tax evasion example. And Mueller's team is full of people who have done just that.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not a stretch at all:
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ussia-facebook

And more to the point, what the White House is concerned about. Jared is vulnerable.

Weaponize the investigation results that do work out in our favor against him and beat him at the polls.

There is no happy ending for the Trumpkins here.
    The deputy director literally just said, on live TV, that these crimes include no collusion from any Americans. Are you imply Kushner is not an American? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Stop trying to undermine and discredit the investigation and the FBI for a start.
    That's a whole other subject....

This "counterintelligence" investigation has been aimed at Trump from the start, publicly acknowledged starting with James Comey's announcement in March 2017. Instead of the investigation focusing on Russian election meddling in general, Trump became the target in particular. Then the Strzok-Page texts come out, the Nunes memo comes out, the Grassley/Graham memo comes out... there is plenty of reason for the Trump camp to feel like something shady has been underway at the Bureau, and I think Nunes was the very first one to realize it.

But of course, this leads us back to our argumentative rehash that we've been doing for some time now. I feel like the conclusion of the Mueller investigation is the only thing that's going to bring about any true resolution.

7+ Year Old Account
    And like I edited in, Mueller is treating this investigation like one into an organized crime family so he's working his way up and trying to flip who he can to get the biggest fish he can before he has to just play his hand.

You don't need to get the don on murder charges. You just work your way up flipping people and then get them with what you can. The famous Al Capone with tax evasion example.
    Yep, if he goes down for obstruction it'll be fine with me. I'm having a party the day he's removed from office regardless of how he's removed.

edit: Mueller is treating this investigation like one into an organized crime family so he's working his way up and trying to flip who he can to get the biggest fish he can before he has to just play his hand.
    Yeah, they are. For pages and pages and pages in this thread, they are saying The Donald colluded. See those numbers at the bottom of the page? Click one, and there is an allegation that Trump colluded with Russians. I mean, if you are just saying those posters are insane, then maybe I can agree. But the notion that this is not the allegation, is LUDICROUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The deputy director literally just said, on live TV, that these crimes include no collusion from any Americans. Are you imply Kushner is not an American? What?
    "These crimes" = the 13 indictments against Russian nationals.

Arretez s'il vous plait, vous ne comprenez pas. It's seriously bordering on pathetic.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"in these indictments" and "these crimes" were stressed every single time he repeated himself on it. People just overlook it to see what they want to see.

Lawyers choose their words deliberately. Lawyers live and die on wording of statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You'd be remiss to think that anyone thought Trump's base to be remotely redeemable.
    That mentality is why the left will continue to lose elections and earn the distain of the general American people.

10+ Year Old Account
    That mentality is why the left will continue to lose elections and earn the distain of the general American people.
    Bitch please, the left hasn't won a federal election in this country since the 80s.

Trump won on a technicality and a massive blue wave is already mounting and showing itself in deep red states and special elections.

That mentality is not unfounded. Look at Alex Jones and PJW and the other likes of the TrumpSupporters and Russian Bots.

These indictments*, he was very specific about that. He absolutely left the room open for subsequent indictments to include collusion from Americans.