1. #7201
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,216
    Hey hey remember when it was a blowjob that go 42 impeached. POTUS has to learn to keep their dicks in their pants.

  2. #7202

  3. #7203
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    @Breccia

    You were asking why cohen was staying in a hotel:
    Holy crap thread explosion while I was at work...I guess Skroe got banned again and it triggered a new round of stuff.

    "Renovated" I'm sure. Is that code for "destroying as much evidence as possible"?

    EDIT: I was joking about Skroe being banned. So I finally have time to read back through the thread, and he really was banned, and something major happens on the same day. This can't be coincidence. Is Skroe Mueller in disguise?
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-04-10 at 01:52 AM.

  4. #7204
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Special counsel Robert Mueller is reportedly looking into a payment that a Ukrainian steel magnate made to President Trump's foundation in exchange for a 20-minute video appearance to a conference.

    The New York Times reported Monday that Mueller is investigating the $150,000 donation to the Donald J. Trump Foundation that Ukrainian billionaire Victor Pinchuk made in September 2015, while Trump was seeking the GOP nomination for president.

    The payment came after Trump spoke through a video link to a conference in Kiev, according to the Times.

    Mueller subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents last month as part of his ongoing probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The subpoena reportedly involved documents related to Russia and other topics.

    News that Mueller is looking into Pinchuk's donation comes a week after it was reported that the special counsel has questioned a trio of Russian oligarchs over whether they illegally sent cash donations to Trump's campaign or inauguration.

    The donation from Pinchuk was allegedly solicited by Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, whose offices were raided by the FBI on Monday.

  5. #7205
    So it really feels like this is going to go down:

    1) Trump launches strikes on Syria.
    2) Trump fires Rosenstein while we all try to process the military news.

    Wagging the dog. Seems very likely.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  6. #7206
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    So it really feels like this is going to go down:

    1) Trump launches strikes on Syria.
    2) Trump fires Rosenstein while we all try to process the military news.

    Wagging the dog. Seems very likely.
    I think if he fires Rosenstein he will also fire Sessions. He castigated the guy on TV while sitting in a meeting with his national security team.

  7. #7207
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Holy crap thread explosion while I was at work...I guess Skroe got banned again and it triggered a new round of stuff.

    "Renovated" I'm sure. Is that code for "destroying as much evidence as possible"?

    EDIT: I was joking about Skroe being banned. So I finally have time to read back through the thread, and he really was banned, and something major happens on the same day. This can't be coincidence. Is Skroe Mueller in disguise?
    What? Skroe's really gone again? Damn it, mods! I was hoping to get at least one new "we're taking your President from you" threads first. I mean, I guess those would be less impactful now, since it's become way more obvious that Drumpf is going to be removed since the series first started. But still...

    Okay, new theory: one of the mods is actually Zainab Ahmad or Greg Andres or someone else on Mueller's team who's been moonlighting on MMO-Champ. Every now and again he realizes that the investigation has slowed down, and has to come here to ban "Skroe" again, AKA Mueller as Akaihiryuu suspects.

  8. #7208
    Deleted
    Pinchuk is an interesting chap.

    He gave 10milion+ to the Clinton foundation


    bankrolled Serhii Leshchenko the lead souce of the manafort corruption leak

    and financed Maidan revolution groups

    Me thinks there is barking up the wrong tree.

  9. #7209
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Pinchuk is an interesting chap.

    He gave 10milion+ to the Clinton foundation


    bankrolled Serhii Leshchenko the lead souce of the manafort corruption leak

    and financed Maidan revolution groups

    Me thinks there is barking up the wrong tree.
    The NYT article does a better job providing context. I get why The Hill shortens articles but ye in this case it comes across as a tad misleading.

  10. #7210
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Me thinks there is barking up the wrong tree.
    I dunno, I kind of like the idea of someone that Team Trump said "Look! Clinton's taking charitable donations from foreigners and that's bad!" being proven to take a donation from the same foreigner. It makes the hypocrisy so much easier to spot.

  11. #7211
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It's amazing that Trump is going to lose yet another lawyer, what with so few unwilling to work with him. Wouldn't surprise me if Cohen flipped just to not end up like Manafort.
    Trump already threw him under the bus with his only public comments on the Stormy Daniels matter, so I’d imagine Cohen is rapidly losing whatever loyalty he has left
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  12. #7212
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Trump already threw him under the bus with his only public comments on the Stormy Daniels matter, so I’d imagine Cohen is rapidly losing whatever loyalty he has left
    Trump throwing Cohen under the bus like that actually had me laughing out loud and whooping at the same time.

  13. #7213
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Trump already threw him under the bus with his only public comments on the Stormy Daniels matter, so I’d imagine Cohen is rapidly losing whatever loyalty he has left
    thanks to Trump, Cohen already was gonna have an ugly meeting with the Bar asso. Your loyalty and a bag is worth Trump demanding the bag while telling someone else to fire you

  14. #7214
    Well there goes any legal case the democrats had ever hoped to pursue against Trump. They could find text messages from Trump to Putin and never be able to use in court because of attorney client privilege. Sixth amendment now prevents anything from Cohen to lead to Trump.

  15. #7215
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well there goes any legal case the democrats had ever hoped to pursue against Trump. They could find text messages from Trump to Putin and never be able to use in court because of attorney client privilege. Sixth amendment now prevents anything from Cohen to lead to Trump.
    Incorrect.

    Reset and try again.

  16. #7216
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Incorrect.

    Reset and try again.

    You may believe that but you are wrong.

  17. #7217
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    You may believe that but you are wrong.
    Incorrect again. You don't know what you are talking about, as usual. This has been discussed previously in the thread. It is being discussed ad nauseum by people who are able to apply critical thought to different subjects. Law being chief among them.

    Reset and try again.

  18. #7218
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well there goes any legal case the democrats had ever hoped to pursue against Trump. They could find text messages from Trump to Putin and never be able to use in court because of attorney client privilege. Sixth amendment now prevents anything from Cohen to lead to Trump.
    This was signed off on. Stop thinking Mueller or his team are stupid enough to compromise their case like that. This is the man that has brought down not 1 but *2* Crime Families.

    Here you go: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...sammy-the-bull

    And extremely good article on what Mueller has accomplished in his life so far.
    Last edited by Katsutomai; 2018-04-10 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Added a Link for Additional Information

  19. #7219
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Incorrect again. You don't know what you are talking about, as usual. This has been discussed previously in the thread. It is being discussed ad nauseum by people who are able to apply critical thought to different subjects. Law being chief among them.

    Reset and try again.
    I'm sure in your endless discussion with Harvard scholars you all came to the conclusion that the infringement of the Bill of Rights is usually a flexible argument legally.

  20. #7220
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well there goes any legal case the democrats had ever hoped to pursue against Trump. They could find text messages from Trump to Putin and never be able to use in court because of attorney client privilege. Sixth amendment now prevents anything from Cohen to lead to Trump.
    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.


    Which part of the Sixth Amendment in particular prevents this?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •