10+ Year Old Account
    She was reporting to and receiving instructions from Torshin, a government official. Your claim that she was lobbying for her own personal enjoyment is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I still don't understand why amazon doesn't do something about it. Are they not worried about being brought before congress like facebook was?
    Mueller is going to subpoena our posts

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm serious though. Amazon owns curse. They're in the social media business. I'm really curious if there's any thought being given for their liability the same as facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been secretly recording your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    She was reporting to and receiving instructions from Torshin, a government official. Your claim that she was lobbying for her own personal enjoyment is laughable.
    She talked with Torshin because they had similar interests (he also happens to have lifetime NRA membership).

I'm pretty sure she worked as his secretary at some point too.

10th Central Bank deputy director isn't that high level position; Central Bank is also technically not part of Russian government.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm serious though. Amazon owns curse. They're in the social media business. I'm really curious if there's any thought being given for their liability the same as facebook.
    It would be interesting but I'm not sure if feasible to target Amazon. I mean technically if you'd go after say Amazon because of something on MMO-Champ then what about Twitch? You couldn't tell me some Twitch chats aren't compromised. How about anything under AWS (Amazon Web Services), which is massive. Anybody can spin up some Twitter bots on AWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    She talked with Torshin because they had similar interests (he also happens to have lifetime NRA membership).

I'm pretty sure she worked as his secretary at some point too.

10th Central Bank deputy director isn't that high level position; Central Bank is also technically not part of Russian government.
    So they talked and worked together, but it was all personal and nothing more?

I don't know how you can continue to do this when no one buys your story.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So they talked and worked together, but it was all personal and nothing more?
    Yes, it didn't become "something more" because she didn't get any results that would require "something more".

I don't know how you can continue to do this when no one buys your story.
    People keep claiming provably wrong things like her being accused of spying by FBI (which didn't happen).

It would be interesting but I'm not sure if feasible to target Amazon. I mean technically if you'd go after say Amazon because of something on MMO-Champ then what about Twitch? You couldn't tell me some Twitch chats aren't compromised. How about anything under AWS (Amazon Web Services), which is massive. Anybody can spin up some Twitter bots on AWS.
    The difference is that amazon owns curse and twitch, so people just using AWS wouldn't really apply in the same way it would for amazon/facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is that amazon owns curse and twitch, so people just using AWS wouldn't really apply in the same way it would for amazon/facebook.
    But wasn't the thing with Facebook was they were knowing providing a platform for disinformation while profiting from it. So if was found out that Vlad was using AWS to host his bot net, I think someone would want to question Amazon.

Now would I think Amazon would be at fault? No. But an investigator would probably want to know how much Amazon knew (or should known).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, the thing with Facebook was that they were selling user data. The fake info stuff is a side issue that they're attempting to address.
    Gotcha. I was reading some other stuff on FB around that time so it all blends together.

Based on the ads I get, Amazon is either selling my data or their own network is just that big. If I make a post on my phone about Trump I get hit with a metric ton worth a Trump ads (well used to, the mobile ads have been generic lately).

Kinda weird watching people claim Butina wasn't a spy at this point.

After Trump was elected she contacted Torshin and stated "I am ready for further orders" according to what I have read.

Can't get more obvious than that that she was taking orders.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha. I was reading some other stuff on FB around that time so it all blends together.

Based on the ads I get, Amazon is either selling my data or their own network is just that big. If I make a post on my phone about Trump I get hit with a metric ton worth a Trump ads (well used to, the mobile ads have been generic lately).
    The latter. It's kind of insane.

But wasn't the thing with Facebook was they were knowing providing a platform for disinformation while profiting from it. So if was found out that Vlad was using AWS to host his bot net, I think someone would want to question Amazon.

Now would I think Amazon would be at fault? No. But an investigator would probably want to know how much Amazon knew (or should known).
    That's one issue. They were also called before congress to talk about russian meddling on their platform by using it to disseminate disinformation/propaganda.

Edit: I misread your comment. AFAIK, facebook didn't knowingly provide adspace to russians for political purposes, they just didn't care enough to check who was buying ads. I don't know how I misread your comment to mean talking about the CA data sharing.

Further edit: To be clear, they were questioned about more than just the CA scandal and russians buying ads, but also about russian "bots" using their platform to disseminate propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, the thing with Facebook was that they were selling user data. The fake info stuff is a side issue that they're attempting to address.
    They were questioned about both during the hearing.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2018-07-23 at 05:31 PM.

Yes, it didn't become "something more" because she didn't get any results that would require "something more".
    Ah yes the "didn't get results therefore it makes it okay" thing you and every other Trump/Putin worshiper preaches on a daily basis.

People keep claiming provably wrong things like her being accused of spying by FBI (which didn't happen).
    You know it didn't happen how? Been in talks with her lately?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    MAGA Hats putting their finger in their eyes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1KD1JN

If you haven't been followings, 5 witnesses were identified (was it least) and just recently approved for immunity today. You put 2 and 2 together and you get 5 very important witnesses. They named sometime today with news whether or not P Mannys trial will begin on Wed or get pushed back.

Since almost everyone else plead guilty or not in the US, this will be the first major trial of the investigation. The truth will (not) be televised!
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-07-23 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Kinda weird watching people claim Butina wasn't a spy at this point.
    Because she wasn't.

After Trump was elected she contacted Torshin and stated "I am ready for further orders" according to what I have read.
    "Order" still doesn't mean spying. You can get "orders" for plenty of things.

Because she wasn't.

"Order" still doesn't mean spying. You can get "orders" for plenty of things.
    So what and why would she be getting orders from a Russian Oligarch for right after Trump is elected? Was she asking what he wanted on his pizza?

You may not think she is a spy, but given the evidence so far, odds point that she most likely was.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Ah yes the "didn't get results therefore it makes it okay" thing you and every other Trump/Putin worshiper preaches on a daily basis.
    NRA was her personal fit because she was running gun rights organization in Russia.

Improving relations between countries on that common ground is personal; her organization in Russia didn't had any government backing or support.

You know it didn't happen how? Been in talks with her lately?
    Because there is nothing going beyond that would not be open to alternative interpretation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    NRA was her personal fit because she was running gun rights organization in Russia.

Improving relations between countries on that common ground is personal; her organization in Russia didn't had any government backing or support.
    You have proof of that? No government backing?