10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's 3:30AM. Time for another Tweet from the John.

The Dems and their committees are going “nuts.” The Republicans never did this to President Obama, there would be no time left to run government. I hear other committee heads will do the same thing. Even stealing people who work at White House! A continuation of Witch Hunt!

*ahem*

The ACA website.
    Fast and Furious. God, that was stupid. The program, not the investigation.
    The IRS "bias" against political groups claiming not to be political groups.
    Benghazi.
    Benghazi again.
    Benghazi again again.
    Benghazi again again again OH GOD INCEPTION.

Our Ruling
    Bloomberg needs to start claiming he has Trump’s real birth cirtificate and as strange as it sounds... it’s literally issued from a “shit hole”. That would only be fair. I’m not even asking for anyone to call for a revolution, like Trump did when Obama won his second term and Trump being impatient.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    he was working for Russia while being investigated.
    UPDATE: Manafort contacted his Russian intelligence comrade in Winter 2018, easily in the middle of his investigation, which directly breaks his plea deal and OH MY GOD DID HE NOT KNOW HE WAS BEING WATCHED??? How stupid is this guy?

UPDATE: Manafort contacted his Russian intelligence comrade in Winter 2018, easily in the middle of his investigation, which directly breaks his plea deal and OH MY GOD DID HE NOT KNOW HE WAS BEING WATCHED??? How stupid is this guy?
    Who knew being watched would be this hard?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Anyone else watching the Whitaker hearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And if Trump gives one, I would say that would be obstruction. And would be further evidence of collusion/conspiracy against the United States.
    We've been saying that for awhile now, that Trump is waiving the Pardon flag at his criminal cohorts, and it constitutes obstruction. Everyone is uncertain because presidential pardons haven't been used like this at all - even with Nixon it was after the fact.

But it is obstruction of justice - almost a perfect example of it. Don't testify, lie, etc - and I'll pardon you later.

I'm wondering if Mueller is sitting with sealed indictments that include OofJ against Resident Trump if he does in fact pardon someone now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 3:30AM. Time for another Tweet from the John.

The Dems and their committees are going “nuts.” The Republicans never did this to President Obama, there would be no time left to run government. I hear other committee heads will do the same thing. Even stealing people who work at White House! A continuation of Witch Hunt!

*ahem*

The ACA website.
    Fast and Furious. God, that was stupid. The program, not the investigation.
    The IRS "bias" against political groups claiming not to be political groups.
    Benghazi.
    Benghazi again.
    Benghazi again again.
    Benghazi again again again OH GOD INCEPTION.

Our Ruling
    Jez - 3am tweet. He's completely unhinged at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    At work, how much of a shitshow is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    At work, how much of a shitshow is it?
    Oh it's bad. The minority chair has been turning it into full blown political theater and one round of chairman Nadler's questions has already shown this to be super contentious with Whitaker trying to dodge like crazy and claim executive privilege but Nadler isn't having it and clapping back.

Nadler agreed to not wield a subpoena in this hearing, but if Whitaker doesn't answer appropriately, they're pulling out the subpoena after adjourning and giving him a deposition that will be released publicly.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at work, but even if I wasn't, I'm pretty sure I could sum it up.

"Mr. Whitaker, are you willing to answer these questions about how you would handle the Mueller investigation?"
    "No."
    "Fine. We'll draft a subpoena and handle this later."

10+ Year Old Account
    Collins seems oddly concerned about oversight, wonder why...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's bad. The minority chair has been turning it into full blown political theater and one round of chairman Nadler's questions has already shown this to be super contentious with Whitaker trying to dodge like crazy and claim executive privilege but Nadler isn't having it and clapping back.

Nadler agreed to not wield a subpoena in this hearing, but if Whitaker doesn't answer appropriately, they're pulling out the subpoena after adjourning and giving him a deposition that will be released publicly.
    Oh my God I am 100% not surprised.

I'm at work, but even if I wasn't, I'm pretty sure I could sum it up.

"Mr. Whitaker, are you willing to answer these questions about how you would handle the Mueller investigation?"
    "No."
    "Fine. We'll draft a subpoena and handle this later."
    Pretty much what's going on. Nadler was giving him the chance but Whitaker is already bombing and is going to get subpoenaed after for sure. Whitaker even interrupted the chairman and said "I'm sorry chairman but your 5 minutes are up" which prompted gasps from the audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what's going on. Nadler was giving him the chance but Whitaker is already bombing and is going to get subpoenaed after for sure. Whitaker even interrupted the chairman and said "I'm sorry chairman but your 5 minutes are up" which prompted gasps from the audience.
    What a douchetard.

They should have crushed this skinhead from the beginning by burying him with subpoenas, and having the police stand by to haul his ass to prison should he refuse to comply.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus - that is so unbelievable. Even from a guy who ran a scam company for years and stills owes people money and now sits as the acting AG. What fucking episode of the Twilight Zone is this again?

Thanks for the updates - keep them coming if you can.

Still in recess due to procedural votes on the House floor. We only got through opening statements, Nadler's first round of questions, and minority chair Collins doing more theater and "we know why you're here today. This is alllll for show."

10+ Year Old Account
    What a douchetard.
    Whitaker has made it exceedingly clear he, like Trump, will only answer the questions he feels like answering. Because the answers to the other questions would either be lies, or horrifying.

A subpoena better be coming. These questions demand answers. The acting Attorney General does not have lack of oversight on a literally Nixon-level investigation that keeps churning out indictments and guilty pleas/verdicts while inching closer and closer to Trump's door.

What a douchetard.

They should have crushed this skinhead from the beginning by burying him with subpoenas, and having the police stand by to haul his ass to prison should he refuse to comply.
    I think it was just Nadler trying one time to extend the olive branch and a show of good faith. It's doubtful they allow it in the future. Nadler is already seething.

Nadler also said in the opening remarks that he will be deposing Whitaker, and with a public release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and for the record:

I have not talked about the special counsel investigation with senior White House officials
    Why the hell not? Even if Team Trump was 100% innocent and 100% honest, this is like appointing a general in 1944 and never discussing Japan.

The most interesting thing so far is finding out Washington Post has a Twitch channel to air this shit on too.

- - - Updated - - -

Resuming soon.

To shreds you say?!

Nadler has basically shown the world what we already knew. Whitaker is a shill (his entire opening statement read like a SHS press conference) and is more concerned about protecting the president than fulfilling his duty as acting AG.

Expecting more of Collins' shit from the rest of the GOP in this hearing. Collins actually asked about Bruce Ohr and CNN being there at Stone's arrest.