The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Dean is demanding the written comments by the career officials about his recusal. He's saying he received no written advice and wouldn't provide it even if he did.

- - - Updated - - -

D-Debbie Mucarsel-Powell of Florida

Asking if FACT, the non profit watchdog he worked for, was a private or public. He says he doesn't know. Only three board members of the company and he worked there for three years. Filed a plethora of complaints and personally signed for the complaints to be issued.
    They really seem to be setting him up for an indictment. Some of these questions are easily fact checked. Dumb question - he was sworn in, right?

Asked about the withdrawal of sexual discrimination memo regarding LGBT individuals and how federal workers are no longer protected under the new admin, especially regarding title 7 with transgender individuals. She wants to know who ordered the reversal. He claims Sessions but doesn't know who drafted.

He's saying he won't side that they deserve protections and that congress should make that law if they want it enforced.

- - - Updated - - -

D-Veronica Escobar of Texas trying to ask nicely for yes and no because we're 6 hours in. She will not allow him to run out the clock and but she wanted to ask nicely first before playing hardball. He cut her off immediately and tried to run out her time on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

He says he doesn't know.
    Doesn't know, or can't recall?

I swear, Republican AG's (even acting AG's) have the worst memories.

She's an El Paso rep that has been at the forefront of immigration issues, death of immigrant children in US custody, and the zero tolerance policy's enforcement.

She's questioning about a new policy Migrant Protection Protocol that allows migrants and asylum seekers to be deported back to Mexico while waiting for asylum. Wants to know that people who are deported will get assistance and access to legal aid for their hearing. Says he cannot make an assurance because it's a foreign country.

Asking about the DoJ flagging passports to stop people from coming back into the US and the issue was not on the Mexican side.

- - - Updated - - -

Statement about the president's SOTU address where he claimed El Paso had the highest crime rates in the country but now the safest because of a wall, even though the FBI statement says they were that safe long before a wall was made. Asked if he agrees with the president's comment and a disagreement with the FBI"s data.

Whitaker tap dances but then says he doesn't disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Final question asking if he's seen any documents mentioning or relating to pardons.

Whitaker says yes he has.

- - - Updated - - -

Nadler chiming in before next person, telling Whitaker that Migrant Protection Protocol is likely illegal under the Constitution as asylum seekers have a requirement to receive adequate legal aid.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Hearing adjourning. Jackson-Lee submitting to record more articles about Whitaker.

Nadler not taking his shit and is moving forward with deposition, wants time and dates of communications with White House officials, proof that the special counsel investigation is reaching conclusion per his comments, any directives he's given, that his testimony was crap, and answers are required. He will be called back under subpoena if needed. 5 days being granted to submit additional questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Didn't he say no, earlier on? Or did I misread?
    He said he had no conversations regarding pardons. But now he's saying he's seen documents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final question asking if he's seen any documents mentioning or relating to pardons.

Whitaker says yes he has.
    This conflicts heavily with his earlier statements. See, of course he's seen something that at least mentioned a pardon. Why the hell wouldn't he? There was no reason to refuse to answer or lie, because it's obviously a "yes" and means nothing.

This, of course, means his earlier attempts at denying talking to Team Trump about Mueller were garbage nonsense.

7+ Year Old Account
    How can anyone accept anyone like this who cant give a fucking straight answer or answer at all?? this is the most sketchiest shit i've ever seen. How can certain people on this site even say this is good??

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    How can anyone accept anyone like this who cant give a fucking straight answer or answer at all?? this is the most sketchiest shit i've ever seen.
    He's trying to stall but he's about to get deposed and called back under subpoena. This was an olive branch, but I think Nadler enough. He was visibly angry by the lack of answers from Whitaker and the behavior of Collins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    How can anyone accept anyone like this who cant give a fucking straight answer or answer at all?? this is the most sketchiest shit i've ever seen. How can certain people on this site even say this is good??
    Because this is exactly what the Republicans want? Whitaker was put in that position specifically to lie in scenarios like this, that was the whole point.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's trying to stall but he's about to get deposed and called back under subpoena. This was an olive branch, but I think Nadler enough. He was visibly angry by the lack of answers from Whitaker and the behavior of Collins.
    This all just boggles my mind even though it shouldn't by now. I gotta watch fox news later to see how twisted they'll make this and get even more mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...4#post50831244

Cya in 2 months guys. Going to get a fat 10 point infraction for calling it like it is on our local public menace.

Breccia has my email.
    Everyone just go ahead and report the wall will never be built mega thread, report to get it unlocked. Do it several times a day until they listen. The thread has not "run its course" any more than the 4 year old gun control thread has run its course.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Satisfying. Who knows if anything will change though. TDS.

Apparently Mueller was granted access to Stone's Icloud from Apple but Apple wouldn't give access to the San Bernandino terrorists phones.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Apparently Mueller was granted access to Stone's Icloud from Apple but Apple wouldn't give access to the San Bernandino terrorists phones.
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/19...rs-icloud-data

Law enforcement obtaining a warrant for iCloud data is completely unremarkable. It is spelled out for users that Apple can and will surrender everything that they have in the Terms of Service to which every iCloud user agrees.

Data from Stone, Manafort, and the San Bernardino shooters were all provided to law enforcement after Apple was served by the warrant. None of the three were singled out or treated unfairly.

The San Bernardino case, on the other hand, had an additional twist. In an entirely different legal motion, the courts decided that the U.S. government request to bypass Apple's own security on hardware was reasonable, and ordered Apple to do so. This second order is a completely different one, not a search warrant, and unrelated to iCloud data.

No passwords were requested. Nothing has been unlocked. All of this data was all obtained properly, through search warrants, exactly like it was in the San Bernardino case, and all will be shared with Stone's legal team through standard discovery. In addition, that evidence was all obtained after Stone's arrest, and wasn't some kind of pre-arrest extra-judicial tap that Apple cooperated with.
    Stop relying on bad information and falling for "FAKE NEWS" from conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Comparing Stone to a terrorist now? Glad you're coming around.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Comparing Stone to a terrorist now? Glad you're coming around.
    He's not. He's parroting the conspiracy theory that implies that Apple refused to comply with legal requests for information for "brown terrorists" but not for "a nice white guy" so therefor they must be a part of the liberal deep-state conspiracy.

Yes, the conspiracy is as dumb as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's not. He's parroting the conspiracy theory that implies that Apple refused to comply with legal requests for information for "brown terrorists" but not for "a nice white guy" so therefor they must be a part of the liberal deep-state conspiracy.

Yes, the conspiracy is as dumb as it sounds.
    But, but, isn't propagating conspiracy theories against the rules on the forums? *gasp* Well I guess his infraction will be incoming any minute now...

OT, I'm not sure how big this is going to blow, because despite the information Bezos (who I still hate despite this one brief moment of doing the right thing) has disseminated not a huge amount of it has been confirmed. True, it hasn't exactly been denied by those involved which is pretty damning in itself. The talk that a government entity is responsible for stealing and passing along those pics is, so far, just talk. Big and absolutely noteworthy if true, but it needs investigating before we can say either way. The implications are pretty staggering, though. This year is already shaping up to be a series of bombshells dropped on big names/organizations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Everyone just go ahead and report the wall will never be built mega thread, report to get it unlocked. Do it several times a day until they listen. The thread has not "run its course" any more than the 4 year old gun control thread has run its course.
    For the omegalulz, I reported the gun control mega thread to be closed for running its course.

Done so. And if you feel like joining Bucks01 and myself in the suggestions forum with a thread of your own, we would be glad to have you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me in