Most of the media isn't against Trump because he's republican. They're simply reporting and investigating. Since Trump and his administration are incompetent it can seem like they're all out to get him, I suppose. You could argue certain far left places/people (kos, certain msnbc hosts) are against him by default.

The problem isn't that FOX and breitbart exist. It would be nice if they didn't function as propaganda outlets, but what might be nicer is if conservatives actually got their news from different places. The older people in my area are great examples as I posted before. I'm in their homes frequently and it's extremely common for them to just play FOX news all day. They turn it on when they get up it and it just sits there. They don't ever look at CNN/MSNBC/network news. They (older folks anyways) don't browse different websites to get balanced commentary or news.

Yesterday's FOX programming was a good example of how that can be damaging. Millions of conservative have no clue what's really going on because they trust FOX.

negative stories about Trump
    Trump is a dumpster fire of a president. Of course you're going to see a ton of negative stories from both the middle and left leaning news outlets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    ...I don't think he is actively corrupt...
    Then you payed no attention to him for the past several decades. He is Trump, is was and always shall be.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    More so he said it was their "sole agenda" a ridiculous and easily disprovable claim, which he has been watering down ever since and still acting like he was never wrong, its called trolling.
    The guy even Simpson’s made fun of for his incompetence... a guy who has been the butt of SNL jokes because of his Gordon Gekko persona in the 80s being portrayed by Phill Heartman... is now beyond reproach. The least credible candidate we ever had, who has been a joke for 30 years... is now unfairly being targeted, even though the only thing that changed, is Trump is now in actual news... instead of gossip pages, where TV celebraties belong.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That is the goal of Trump’s kek squad... judging by your lack of reply to any of those 9... mission accomplished? You finally dropping the independent shtick or doing both now?

- - - Updated - - -

Was the media actively campaigning against Obama, when they reported on Trump’s promised birth certificate? Is media against Trump, because they won’t ignore his lying? You voted in a NYC oligarch, who has never held office of any kind... and you think his fuck ups and twitter rants are a campaign to find dirt? Bullshit....
    They cried at his final press conference, end of story game over. The media loved Obama and covered for him consistently.

I do not condone some of his behavior, but I don't think he is actively corrupt, genuinely thinks he wants America to be first, and the things that matter to me(401K,immigration) are in a good position. I still don't what this big crime conspiracy is all about with Russia unless you can prove that somehow his relationships with Russia caused a malfunction in the voting system. Because obviously, the Democrats are willing to look past when it's their guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Please disprove then. Turn on CNN right now and tell me there is not a negative story on Trump running.
    It's not about changing votes. It's about actively working with adversary nations to undermine our elections. What if Germany and England started hacking RNC servers, then used them in well timed releases during the 2020 elections for Dems. Would that be OK?

Even if you take away policy positions, Obama was a decent person. He was intelligent and had a steady hand.

Trump has no redeeming qualities as a human being on top of being incompetent.

So yeah, the news coverage will look different. If Kasich were president instead of Trump the news wouldn't be anything like this. It's not about right or left. Trump is a terrible president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please disprove then.
    You've got enough people feeding you without my help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please disprove then. Turn on CNN right now and tell me there is not a negative story on Trump running.
    What do you think CNN should run, the day after Trump’s campaign manger and a staffer were indicted? We had a reveal that part of Trump’s foreign advisory team, has pleaded guilty, while revealing he did try to connect Trump with Russia. You want them to cover the Uranium deal from 2010 or Fusion GPS, which caused Bannon to threaten a conservative publication for starting the payment for the dossier?

FYI: Russia doesn’t need more uranium... remember the Cold War? Fusion GPS hired Russian spies that were acting against Russia, while Trump’s foreign advisor pleaded guilty for trying to work with Russia.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    They cried at his final press conference, end of story game over. The media loved Obama and covered for him consistently.
    Why did they love him? Was he an abrasive asshole, who spent hours on twitter attacking anyone who dares say anything negative? At which point is Trump responsible for being an abrasive ass hole, you voted him to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Even if you take away policy positions, Obama was a decent person. He was intelligent and had a steady hand.

Trump has no redeeming qualities as a human being on top of being incompetent.

So yeah, the news coverage will look different. If Kasich were president instead of Trump the news wouldn't be anything like this. It's not about right or left. Trump is a terrible president.
    He wants Trump to act as he does, but be treated like Obama. It’s like the promised moment in which the shit stain Trump becomes presidential, ever happened. It didn’t... still waiting... DO SOMETHING... lol

The burden of proof lies with you, Trumpette
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Please, enlighten us: Name some of the positive things about his administration they should be covering instead?

But it is funny. We're on a WoW forum, where literally everything Blizzard does is "killing WoW" and people are always pining for the good ol' days. And yet you are somehow oblivious to the fact that this sort of mentality/behavior doesn't just apply to video games. Negative coverage of something drives views/clicks/whatever much more than positive. Trump's unique problem, however, is his shocking lack of anything positive. Maybe if he wasn't such a shit president, it would be harder to give him nothing but shit coverage, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The burden of proof lies with you, Trumpette
    Well he's right, there will be a negative Trump story running. But he fails to connect that with Trump doing negative things. Perhaps he thinks news programs should report on what Trump isn't doing? "Today Trump didn't punch your grandfather in the dick, details at 11!"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump was directly asked whether he was going to pardon Manafort.

Trump responded by saying he wanted to sign a tax cut for the rich by Christmas.

Hmm.

So the media just reports the news now? I'm sure that's what you think when you watch Hannity. Just reporting the news here.
    Hannity is no where near news. Nothing on Fox "News" is fucking news. They are propaganda pure and simple. Hannity has his head shoved so far up Trump's ass that he checks his teeth for him. Why do you think they are doing EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to not report on the indictments and guilty plea? Why do you think that people that watch no news know more about current events than people that watch Fox "News"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well he's right, there will be a negative Trump story running. But he fails to connect that with Trump doing negative things. Perhaps he thinks news programs should report on what Trump isn't doing? "Today Trump didn't punch your grandfather in the dick, details at 11!"
    Yeah, i know that. But he was trying to say that there's a concerted effort to paint Trump in a negative light, by often putting "fake news" stories. And not by simply reporting all of the small and big fuckups of the trump adm
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump was directly asked whether he was going to pardon Manafort.

Trump responded by saying he wanted to sign a tax cut for the rich by Christmas.

Hmm.
    The people who think not answering makes him look guilty are the people who already think he's guilty. The people who think not answering makes him look innocent are the people who already think he's innocent. He gains nothing by answering either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    He gains nothing by answering either way.
    Not true. He could try to convince people he's innocent, by saying he will not pardon Manafort. He's already distancing himself ("oh that was bigly years ago!") and his base will applaud it.

Or, he could go with "I won't need to pardon them, they aren't guilty." That's an answer that could bite him later, but it's not the shady refuse-to-answer shit.

Trying to shut down the idea of firing Mueller or pardoning those members of his campaign arrested and convicted would actually be a push to convince people he's taking this seriously. He's not doing that.

Deleted
    Suprised he hasn't claimed Clinton planted Papadopolous yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every single one? Fox newscasters cried?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You've got enough people feeding you without my help.
    That's what I thought. "Easily disprovable" then blank stare.