Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Mate, maybe you don't know but this trick with posting a fake thing to see who will be stupid / biased enough to take it at face value is not new. This is regularly practiced. Tucker is just repeating what others did - to great results.

These mumblings about how he is always stupid are unspecific. They are ignorable noise. If you want to go into specifics, do so. If you don't, stop pretending you made the point.
    Do we need the Dutch historian to come make a fool of him again? That was quite enjoyable and I'd love to see a repeat. Maybe he'll be brave enough to actually air it this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're gonna act really stupid it helps to have as much practice as Tucker.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I am just ignoring empty posts which contain nothing worth replying to, these posts are there because authors want to say something but cannot muster anything besides one of the tired generic "rebuttals" which rebut nothing. "He is just Russian", "this is nothing" without specifics all go into the trash can.
    Yes, I employ a similar method of either ignoring or openly mocking posts with zero substance, conspiracy theories, or just outright lies. It's what makes glossing over almost every reply you've made to me rather easy.

When we have admitted Russians who post 16 hours a day, openly admitting that they hope the US fails, and openly supporting conspiracy theories only ever touted on sputnik and similar nonsense, and defending Trump to their last breath if only because they know Trump sows chaos, yeah, you're gonna get owned quite a lot.

The miles of backpedaling done as the Mueller investigation uncovered more and more over the last two years was more than amusing. I remember when it was "No Russian meddling, Nobody in the Trump campaign did anything wrong ever, and Trump is an honest billionaire" to "Well the Russians may have interfered in favor of Trump, and Trump might have blatantly tried to obstruct justice, and all those Trump campaign heads now serving prison sentences who worked with Russians were just covfefe boys, honestly! BUT, because Mueller didn't recommend an indictment, Trump must be innocent of ALL THE THINGS. Because we're gonna ignore Justice Department guidelines even though Mueller pretty clearly stated a crime happened."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love how some of trumps biggest defenders here are actual Russians LMAO

You can't make this stuff up
    It's not just Russians, but Russians who have admitted that they support Trump purely because they know he's BAD for the US, and want him to sink the US into the shitter so Russia can take the US's spot as world power.

That's why I always have a giggle at the "third way" people who want the US hegemony to go away. Sure, it's not a great situation, but no US hegemony means there will be a Russian or Chinese hegemony, and those people who hate the US wars... boy, just wait til the two countries in the world with the WORST human rights records become the hegemony. Dismantling the US hegemony to get ones that are 50x worse isn't my idea of a good time.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It's not just Russians, but Russians who have admitted that they support Trump purely because they know he's BAD for the US, and want him to sink the US into the shitter so Russia can take the US's spot as world power.

That's why I always have a giggle at the "third way" people who want the US hegemony to go away. Sure, it's not a great situation, but no US hegemony means there will be a Russian or Chinese hegemony, and those people who hate the US wars... boy, just wait til the two countries in the world with the WORST human rights records become the hegemony. Dismantling the US hegemony to get ones that are 50x worse isn't my idea of a good time.
    No, dismantling US hegemony doesn't mean Russian or Chinese hegemony.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mate, maybe you don't know but this trick with posting a fake thing to see who will be stupid / biased enough to take it at face value is not new. This is regularly practiced. Tucker is just repeating what others did - to great results.

These mumblings about how he is always stupid are unspecific. They are ignorable noise. If you want to go into specifics, do so. If you don't, stop pretending you made the point.
    So the rights been posting and talking about stupid crazy shit for a decade, all so Tucker can make a "satire" piece on live TV about the tyranny of the metric system? Get fucking real.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to discussing the thread topic? Got tired of kicking a dead horse?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What happened to discussing the thread topic? Got tired of kicking a dead horse?
    Calling the Mueller investigation a dead horse, cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    No, dismantling US hegemony doesn't mean Russian or Chinese hegemony.
    You honestly believe that in a power vacuum, China nor Russia would step up to take that mantle?

You're either lying or ridiculously naive.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    I am glad it got your attention. It made me chuckle too. I do however, think it fits.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

You honestly believe that in a power vacuum, China nor Russia would step up to take that mantle?
    I honestly do not believe that China or Russia are capable of global hegemony, even in absence of US.

And they already have fair amount of influence in their neighbourhood.

You're either lying or ridiculously naive.
    How do you imagine it actually happening?

Tanks rolling to Berlin the moment US withdraws or what? That would be even more naive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I honestly do not believe that China or Russia are capable of global hegemony, even in absence of US.
    I mean, you kind of have a point, but at the same time, joining forces, they most certainly could. Their biggest obstacle would be the EU. Which is why Russia is aggressively seeking to dismantle the EU as well.

How do you imagine it actually happening?
    Establishing forward military bases in most countries, sanctions, controlling trade routes, deciding how diplomacy goes with no repercussions for negative actions. It's not hard to imagine how hegemons are established since the US has a working one. And the US didn't even do it by rolling tanks into Berlin, rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad it got your attention. It made me chuckle too. I do however, think it fits.
    A dead horse would be something that has gotten no updates for quite awhile. The recent statements by Mueller show us otherwise. I realize Trump and his devout cultists like the phrase "NO COLLUSION NO OBSTRUCTION" but that has been called into question immensely, especially the obstruction part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I

- - - Updated - - -

A dead horse would be something that has gotten no updates for quite awhile. The recent statements by Mueller show us otherwise. I realize Trump and his devout cultists like the phrase "NO COLLUSION NO OBSTRUCTION" but that has been called into question immensely, especially the obstruction part.
    Well, as a min, I helped to get you back on the topic of the thread. And some good things may come out of the Mueller investigation. But if it happens, will more than likely, not be what you want.

I mean, you kind of have a point, but at the same time, joining forces, they most certainly could. Their biggest obstacle would be the EU. Which is why Russia is aggressively seeking to dismantle the EU as well.
    But the only reason Russia and China might be joining forces is US.

Before US actions in Ukraine Russia was perfectly fine cooperating primarily with European Union (because European part is where most Russian population and industry is), with Chinese projects on backburner.

Establishing forward military bases in most countries, sanctions, controlling trade routes, deciding how diplomacy goes with no repercussions for negative actions. It's not hard to imagine how hegemons are established since the US has a working one. And the US didn't even do it by rolling tanks into Berlin, rofl.
    Establishing forward military bases where? To what end?

Currently there seem to be some training missions in Africa... the only "forward" base in Syria is also result of US actions, otherwise noone would bother.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-06-08 at 02:36 PM.

And some good things may come out of the Mueller investigation. But if it happens, will more than likely, not be what you want.
    I agree with this.

Although, speaking of dead horses, the dems are never going to be tired of kicking some. The NY Times have a piece of 4 super-important things in the report that everyone overlooked.

The most damning appears to be this:

"A month after Mr. Mueller’s appointment, President Trump’s ordered his former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski — who was not a government employee — to convey a message to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, telling him to constrain the scope of the Mueller investigation."

Then the author says that Lewandowski never delivered the message, but who cares, Trump quite possibly committed a crime of a different order than had previously been discussed. According to the author, that is. Because...

"Simply firing Mr. Mueller would have been within the president’s power. Asking a private citizen to deliver that message, however, moves this outside the realm of the president’s management of the executive branch and toward clearer-cut obstruction of justice."

So, there is absolutely no shortage of dems and the media just coming to the wall and bumping their heads into it, the stream of contrived nonsense does not show any signs of ending. I suppose it won't end even after Trump is elected to be the president for the second time in 2020 - even then we'll still see idiot pieces mulling about something not quite said or not quite asked and making big eyes regarding how this is quite likely a crime, just overlooked.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-06-08 at 03:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, as a min, I helped to get you back on the topic of the thread. And some good things may come out of the Mueller investigation. But if it happens, will more than likely, not be what you want.
    It made money, uncovered rampant corruption on the right, exposed Russian interference in the 2016 election, and implicated Trump in the breaking of laws that congress must enforce.

The people who continue to claim that it must have been Mueller who indicts Trump for Trump to have been guilty of anything are frankly voices I'm beginning to tune out due to their gross incompetence. Or in basically every case, their clear employment at Russian troll farms.

That most of the dissenting voices against the Mueller investigation's findings are Russian is the entire reason I got "off topic". Because in many ways, their continued disruption is disconcerting. The biggest contributors in this thread outside of people like Breccia, Felya, and most others following the facts, are Russian propagandists. That so many American conservatives will take Russian troll farm propaganda to heart, and turn around and use it themselves, when the intent of Russian propaganda and their interest in Trump is the destabilization of the USA, it calls into question just how patriotic some of our American conservatives actually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    That so many American conservatives will take Russian troll farm propaganda to heart, and turn around and use it themselves, when the intent of Russian propaganda and their interest in Trump is the destabilization of the USA, it calls into question just how patriotic some of our American conservatives actually are.
    It reminds me of the Klingons from Star Trek using cloaking devices while saying "There's no greater honor than victory!" It doesn't matter how they win, so long as they are "winning."
    Last edited by Templar 331; 2019-06-08 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It made money, uncovered rampant corruption on the right, exposed Russian interference in the 2016 election, and implicated Trump in the breaking of laws that congress must enforce.

The people who continue to claim that it must have been Mueller who indicts Trump for Trump to have been guilty of anything are frankly voices I'm beginning to tune out due to their gross incompetence. Or in basically every case, their clear employment at Russian troll farms.

That most of the dissenting voices against the Mueller investigation's findings are Russian is the entire reason I got "off topic". Because in many ways, their continued disruption is disconcerting. The biggest contributors in this thread outside of people like Breccia, Felya, and most others following the facts, are Russian propagandists. That so many American conservatives will take Russian troll farm propaganda to heart, and turn around and use it themselves, when the intent of Russian propaganda and their interest in Trump is the destabilization of the USA, it calls into question just how patriotic some of our American conservatives actually are.
    How did it make money? Russian interference was already known. The rest is not a opinion shared by all. And if it is true, then go for the impeachment! The House will fail their duties to do so, if they are convinced that is true and not do it. Unless they feel a political game is more important than justice.

That would mean that Trump is afraid of something dead. Now the only old man that should be scared of that is Ebenezer Scrooge. If the president is scared of a "dead horse" that means that thing is still kicking and Trump is afraid of getting kicked in the head. Now why would an innocent man still be afraid of an investigation into him? Hmm...

I would say that "dead horse" is apt, in a way.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    How did it make money?
    Manafort's forfeitures.

Russian interference was already known.
    And is still downplayed...

The rest is not a opinion shared by all.
    Irrelevant.

And if it is true, then go for the impeachment! The House will fail their duties to do so, if they are convinced that is true and not do it. Unless they feel a political game is more important than justice.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/polit...ent/index.html
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...chment-charges

Because we have Senate Republicans vowing to stonewall/sabotage any impeachment hearings. This isn't the fault of Democrats, it's clearly the fault of Republicans trying to cover for their golden(orange) child.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/polit...ent/index.html
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...chment-charges

Because we have Senate Republicans vowing to stonewall/sabotage any impeachment hearings. This isn't the fault of Democrats, it's clearly the fault of Republicans trying to cover for their golden(orange) child.
    Yeah, impeachment just isn't worth it at this point. Beat Trump in 2020 then watch him get charged with the crimes he couldn't be charged with because president.