Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have at least some faith that these crimes won’t be forgotten, even if the current DoJ keeps protecting Trump sycophants.
    I have a slight hope. If Democrats take back the White House, and especially if they keep the House/take the Senate I'm still a strong advocate for a full force scorched earth policy with these people. Throw the full might of the federal government at them.

But I'm confident that even if they do that, they'll lack the god-damned spine to to it.

I'd like to see the dem candidates get some serious questions (on a regular basis until the election) about how they intend to hold all of these people accountable if they win. They need to fully explain their thoughts on it on a live stage like debate/town hall/whatever.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Except I was a politically active Republican for over a decade. And I don't mean just calling myself one like the rest of the so-called conservatives (who aren't) here, who call themseleves Republicans and conservative the way I call myself a Yankee fan.

I mean going to the local and state Republican Party gatherings, every time they are held, for years. I mean donating thousands of dollars to Republican candidates. There was time, and a price tag, associated with my allegiance.

Democrats get that money time and money now, to defeat the racist Trump cult (I repeat myself) that infected the Party of Lincoln.

Trump supporters like yourself have long viewed Mueller as a way to remove Trump because you think anti-Trump doesn't accept the outcome of the 2016 election. Of course, it isn't. But I bring it up to highlight how you and folks like you, throwing yourselves on top of a 71 year old man with dubious mental faculties at best, and a list of legitimate conservative accomplishments that is basically non-existent, has been utterly pointless. How are you people so desperate to take a bullet for this loser?

Trump's been a godsend for people who think conservatism is a bunch of slogans. But it's been a disaster for conservatism and the country, as the exploding deficit shows.

I underestimated the extent of Hillary's teams incompetence in maintaining the blue wall, and the extent Russia's interference. Not a mistake I'll make again.

I also called the 2018 election pretty much to the Congressman, and the Senate too. I called it when you and the rest of the Trump hugging cult were predicting disaster for Democrats. It wasn't you, but I personally chuckled at when ol' Dacien made himself scarce for 6 months. I thought we were mercifully free of one of you people.

Oh and by the way, the PAC I part time at? Our entire focus is on Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. Trump is deep underwater there and I'd like to think PACs like us are helping make it worse for him. He'll have to win without them. He won't.
    I'm seeing political opinions that the yahoos still trying to vie for the Dem ticket should close up shop, head back to their respective states, and win the Senate seats that are open. John Hickenlooper in Colorado is an example. You had a great write up awhile back about the difficult road ahead for the Dems winning the Senate. Do you still see it as that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I have a slight hope. If Democrats take back the White House, and especially if they keep the House/take the Senate I'm still a strong advocate for a full force scorched earth policy with these people. Throw the full might of the federal government at them.

But I'm confident that even if they do that, they'll lack the god-damned spine to to it.
    Agreed. It can't be JUST healing and fixing the literal mountain of shit Trump has fucked up. It almost has to be scorched earth just to right ship. Plus, let's throw in universal health care and student loan forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Well, Don Jr. just got caught lying to congress about this issues it would seem. Add the felony to the pile.
    What?! A Trump lying while being investigated? Never thought I'd see the day.

It's no surprise really. He's a weasel just like his father.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All I know is politicians who were for impeachment and holding these assholes responsible did amazingly well in 2018. If we see more of the same next year it should terrify these criminal fucks.
    Why not just impeach now. If they have convictions, they would do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    What's the point of impeaching someone, when the GOP has shown that it is morally corrupt, and would never allow it to get past the Senate?

I know you think this is gotcha, but I'll make you a deal......

I'll explain why they aren't impeaching him, when you demonstrate you have any knowledge whatsoever of how impeachment works.

It is obvious you do not.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What's the point of impeaching someone, when the GOP has shown that it is morally corrupt, and would never allow it to get past the Senate?
    Sending a message and taking a stand on principles.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Sending a message and taking a stand on principles.
    I mean, sure the message can be sent... but Trump's supporters and the GOP don't care, so it's not going to change anyone's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

I'll explain why they aren't impeaching him, when you demonstrate you have any knowledge whatsoever of how impeachment works.

I'll take him showing any signs of intelligence in general.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-08-25 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Because they know they don't have the numbers because half the Democrats wouldn't vote for it because they know it's bull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because they know they don't have the numbers because half the Democrats wouldn't vote for it because they know it's bull shit.
    Lol what? Do you just enjoy making up bullshit?

You think the entire mueller report is bullshit? Interesting how centrist are always far right. Almost like being centrist is a crock of shit for 90% of this forum's "centrist"

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol what? Do you just enjoy making up bullshit?

You think the entire mueller report is bullshit? Interesting how centrist are always far right. Almost like being centrist is a crock of shit for 90% of this forum's "centrist"
    Did I even comment on the mueller report? I pointed out that not all the Democrats would vote for impeachment. Please argue with things I wrote not stuff you made up

I understand it perfectly. I don't need a democrat talking point to tell me how to think. I also understand lots of democrats in politics have been whining about doing it anyway even though they know the senate will not do it. They have conviction. They believe in what needs to be done, not what will win. One of your favorite liberals running for President said“I don’t understand why anybody goes to all the trouble of running to be the president of the United States to talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for,” she said. “I don’t get it.” So don't fight for impeachment.

A majority of the house and senate believes Trump should be removed from office (both parties). But, most republicans wouldn't vote for such a thing because party above country. And they don't want to risk losing their seat. So also self above country.

And yeah, you wouldn't get every democrat to vote for it for an entirely different reason. They know it won't get through the senate so they'd rather just drag the whole thing out until election day because let's face it, Trump is one long ongoing train wreck. The longer he's president the more likely it is republicans lose more house seats and control of the senate.

You've got people on both sides letting Trump remain president largely for political interests instead of doing what's best for the country.

Honestly though, republicans are making a huge mistake. The absolute best thing they could do right now to preserve their own power is to remove Trump from office. Let Pence slip in for this last year and not have every week become a shit show for republicans.

I understand it perfectly. I don't need a democrat talking point to tell me how to think. I also understand lots of democrats in politics have been whining about doing it anyway even though they know the senate will not do it. They have conviction. They believe in what needs to be done, not what will win. One of your favorite liberals running for President said“I don’t understand why anybody goes to all the trouble of running to be the president of the United States to talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for,” she said. “I don’t get it.” So don't fight for impeachment.
    You know that no one here is in the House? You do know that right?

Please also explain why not pushing impeachment because they know Senate Repubs won’t uphold the law is an indictment of the Dems in the House and not an indictment of the Senate Repubs.

For the record, I’m for impeachment knowing Senate Repubs are dirty enough to stop it. But I also, again, am not in Congress, and don’t have to worry about getting other legislation passed later.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, I’m for impeachment knowing Senate Repubs are dirty enough to stop it. But I also, again, am not in Congress, and don’t have to worry about getting other legislation passed later.
    Most of us who want to see impeachment proceedings know it's gonna fail in the Senate. We're not suggesting the Democrats in the House spend any real political capital to get it through. Just punch it through the House, make the Senate vote on it, and get every representative's vote on the public record on the matter.

It's that last bit that we're hoping to get out of all this, not an actual removal of Trump from the role of POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Most of us who want to see impeachment proceedings know it's gonna fail in the Senate. We're not suggesting the Democrats in the House spend any real political capital to get it through. Just punch it through the House, make the Senate vote on it, and get every representative's vote on the public record on the matter.

It's that last bit that we're hoping to get out of all this, not an actual removal of Trump from the role of POTUS.
    Pretty sure the main reason they won't do it is because they feel the optics of it failing would outweigh the "moral right" of the vote. When the vote fails Trump will have a platform from which he can say "See? Not even Congress thinks I should be removed...just those nasty Democrats" and there are enough people who will believe it--because they've been ignoring his lies for the past two years. To be fair, I don't think the vote to impeach him would sway anyone on either side, at this point. The people who know Trump is a fucking narcissistic shitbird will never vote for him and those who clamber to suck his peen will vote for him no matter what.

I think the Dems just don't want ANYTHING between now and November 2020 to give them less than the best possible chance of outing the prick. I can't say I disagree with them, honestly, even though I, too, think Trump should be out on his ear yesterday if not sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Pretty sure the main reason they won't do it is because they feel the optics of it failing would outweigh the "moral right" of the vote.
    People act like Trump was exonerated because Mueller didn't charge him, so obviously if impeachment failed it would mean he is innocent of everything ever and actually is the chosen one.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Pretty sure the main reason they won't do it is because they feel the optics of it failing would outweigh the "moral right" of the vote. When the vote fails Trump will have a platform from which he can say "See? Not even Congress thinks I should be removed...just those nasty Democrats" and there are enough people who will believe it--because they've been ignoring his lies for the past two years. To be fair, I don't think the vote to impeach him would sway anyone on either side, at this point. The people who know Trump is a fucking narcissistic shitbird will never vote for him and those who clamber to suck his peen will vote for him no matter what.

I think the Dems just don't want ANYTHING between now and November 2020 to give them less than the best possible chance of outing the prick. I can't say I disagree with them, honestly, even though I, too, think Trump should be out on his ear yesterday if not sooner.
    HELL, look how many of the same people on MMO that were going "Mueller never charged him so nothing else about the report matters! FULL EXONERATION!!!" are now claiming the reason that impeachment hasnt started is proof that its not warranted.

There is something to be said for not giving Trump and his screeching band the abilty to say "the impeachment didnt convict, FULL EXONERATION!!!!" cause thats what theyll do the moment the GOP block votes no