Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Agreed,

The mods are trash. People can legit link bullshit conspiracy theories about food poisoning and links to "the Skripals used insecticide to kill wasps and got put in a coma" Then we check the rules...

Forbidden Topics

...keep in mind the post contents/subjects that are not allowed:

Conspiracies

People posting conspiracies are untouched but ones questioning mods get banned. Stay classy and consistent mods!

I'll take my infraction now ^_^ (and watch you inconsistently not infract the conspiracy bullshit peddler)
    I'll take an infraction, too. The mods have generally been responsive if I click the report button for a post, but their inconsistency in top level posts is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I won't. But I took the last ban as a badge of honor. Someone has to speak out against individuals despicable, inhuman behavior.

I know people have reported the shit out of Shalcker and the other Russian propagandists and liars in various threads. Notice a theme? Not so much as one infraction.

The Mods of MMO-Champ must consider them saying things such as The UK staged the chemical attack in Syria, and the MI6 staged the chemical weapons terrorist attack in the UK, as legitimate opinions, rather than what they are, which is utterly unbelievable propaganda.

This place is a mess and like most places for discussion on the internet, it's getting worse as Russia's IRA ups it's campaign as Russia's options narrow. It's on the mods who volunteered for Mod duty, but won't do anything unless persona calls person by a name, and the blues who are utterly disinterested in enforcing the rules they wrote. Because ya know. It's "hard".

I'll say it again, the fact Shalcker has been allowed to post his storybook of Putin lies for five years with zero moderation is _the_ MMO-OT scandal. So I'll make it clear for the hapless mods, the difference between opinion and falsehoods.

Opinion: the short, medium and long term effects on the strikes on Syria. Good, bad, nothing. All legitimate.

Propaganda/Lies: the UK dropped chemical weapons in Syria as a prextet.

See the difference mods? Yeah I thought so. Oh don't worry, I fully expect the "if you have a problem with moderation, message a blue" hand wave that leads to nothing.

Infracted for Forbidden Topics: moderation discussion.
    I really disagree with decision from the moderators, I hope this is discussed internally, for policy going further. Only thing I will say.

On topic I wonder how big this network reaches on the right spectrum, and how many will get caught in the Mullers net?

Deleted
    The only thing you can do is taking it to Curse Inc., Twitch Interactive or Amazon and see whether they're happy with this as a company. Doubt it's going to do much.

That was not a bannable post. All concerns raised were legitimate and truer than most of the shit that flys through the web here. So the only question that remains is how fucktarded is the guy that banned him?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    The only thing you can do is taking it to Curse and see whether they're happy with this as a company. Doubt it's going to do much.
    The last time I asked a global about their concern about the new law towards being held responsible for their site's content I got zero response. So I don't think they care about agit prop being disseminated across their platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, I'm back from my vacation to a tropical island. No internet. No nothing. It was amazing!

Did anything happen while I was gone?
    Oh god, rip

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't. But I took the last ban as a badge of honor. Someone has to speak out against individuals despicable, inhuman behavior.

I know people have reported the shit out of Shalcker and the other Russian propagandists and liars in various threads. Notice a theme? Not so much as one infraction.

The Mods of MMO-Champ must consider them saying things such as The UK staged the chemical attack in Syria, and the MI6 staged the chemical weapons terrorist attack in the UK, as legitimate opinions, rather than what they are, which is utterly unbelievable propaganda.

This place is a mess and like most places for discussion on the internet, it's getting worse as Russia's IRA ups it's campaign as Russia's options narrow. It's on the mods who volunteered for Mod duty, but won't do anything unless persona calls person by a name, and the blues who are utterly disinterested in enforcing the rules they wrote. Because ya know. It's "hard".

I'll say it again, the fact Shalcker has been allowed to post his storybook of Putin lies for five years with zero moderation is _the_ MMO-OT scandal. So I'll make it clear for the hapless mods, the difference between opinion and falsehoods.

Opinion: the short, medium and long term effects on the strikes on Syria. Good, bad, nothing. All legitimate.

See the difference mods? Yeah I thought so. Oh don't worry, I fully expect the "if you have a problem with moderation, message a blue" hand wave that leads to nothing.

Indeed.

I have been fine with the moderation for a long time now, but this newest development is just ridiculous and it's starting to worry me. Skroe raises a legitimate concern here.

Get your shit together mods, and start doing something about these rather obvious trolls. Shalcker being the prime example in here. He and his ilk are poison.
    Last edited by Santti; 2018-04-16 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It's been going on for months like this. Russian propaganda trolls peddling conspiracy theories have come out of this unscathed, and the people who take the time to challenge and expose their lies are being reprimanded and silenced. If you don't think there's a bias here, I'm afraid there's nothing that can help you.
    They're doing the best they can. There's no bias, I can tell you that. They have lives, and it isn't curating GenOT to suit their politics. I'm pretty sure they'd rather be posting corgis.

This is why I probably can't be a mod again, the forums would explode. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    They're doing the best they can. There's no bias, I can tell you that. They have lives, and it isn't curating GenOT to suit their politics. I'm pretty sure they'd rather be posting corgis.

This is why I probably can't be a mod again, the forums would explode. /sigh
    There's no bias huh? Which is why every other time forum moderation is discussed there's always a warning before infractions are given when the usual suspects are there. But that post totally deserved it compared to everything else that I've seen posted and reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There's no bias huh? Which is why every other time forum moderation is discussed there's always a warning before infractions are given when the usual suspects are there. But that post totally deserved it compared to everything else that I've seen posted and reported.
    You know why I think there is no bias? Because “both sides” bitch about it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You know why I think there is no bias? Because “both sides” bitch about it.
    Except only some people seem to get an infraction when they do.

Quoting this because of how ridiculous this forum has gotten. Hundreds of troll posts, derailing, flamming, conspiracy theories, etc don't get infracted but this gets one 20 minutes after it was posted? The content of this post is 100% accurate.

This is just ridiculous (and I'm not referring to Skroe's post).

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Quoting this because of how ridiculous this forum has gotten. Hundreds of troll posts, derailing, flamming, conspiracy theories, etc don't get infracted but this gets one 20 minutes after it was posted? The content of this post is 100% accurate.
    I agree with this. I like this forum because it is one of the very few places I have found on the internet where different points of view do co-exist. They don't agree, but they both post in the same threads, and there is value to this. That is very hard to moderate, I get that, but you can't hold the different sides to different standards for infractions. It is like they expect one side to be irrational and angry, and the other side to act like adults. It may be true, but when you ban someone for doing something the other side does in every post, you aren't helping things.

P.S. I have only gotten one infraction before, so this will be my second.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I really disagree with this infraction. @Skroe hit this issue dead on. We've got plenty of obvious trolls who do nothing but derail and lie, and when it's brought up legitimately, you decide to infract. Ignoring the real issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you want this closed for being throughly derailed, I'd get back on topic. Feel free to pm globals about moderation decisions or why something wasn't hit.

FYI, we don't allow moderation discussion publicly because it derail threads to hell like now

@NYC17

Look! McCarthy wrote an article agreeing with ME, not the other way around!

Do I get credit for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the mods aren't smart enough to recognise the difference between a conspiracy theory being pushed and the facts? Maybe they're just lazy? Or something far more nefarious? Russian trolls perhaps? Who knows? But I urge us all to come up with our own conspiracy theories since they are now allowed on this forum.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2018-04-16 at 11:45 PM.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    unless you want this closed for being throughly derailed, I'd get back on topic. Feel free to pm globals about moderation decisions or why something wasn't hit.

FYI, we don't allow moderation discussion publicly because it derail threads to hell like now
    You know what else derails the thread? Poor moderation. Nothing is ever done when you message a blue mod. Either they don't respond or just say, "Ya, we've gotten a lot of complaints about that. Keep reporting them and maybe something will happen sometime down the road, maybe."

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2018-04-16 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

It derails things almost as much as the unmoderated trolls and their endless stream of bullshit.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2018-04-16 at 11:41 PM.