Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Pretty much this. There whole end-game is to keep moving goal posts until you get so frustrated they lure you into breaking the rules. Then they run to the selective rule enforcer. Go take a look into the locked thread where Skroe and Hanna got disciplined to see exactly what I mean.
    Best day of their life was when Thwart got modded so any "anti-right" thing could be instantly, and covertly since he refuses to sign his infractions most of the time, smacked down. An obvious joke everyone else gets? MUH FEELINGS - infraction!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Best day of their life was when Thwart got modded so any "anti-right" thing could be instantly, and covertly since he refuses to sign his infractions most of the time, smacked down. An obvious joke everyone else gets? MUH FEELINGS - infraction!
    Affirmative Action modding, gotta put someone on their side so it doesn't seem like there's any favoritism!

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. There whole end-game is to keep moving goal posts until you get so frustrated they lure you into breaking the rules. Then they run to the selective rule enforcer. Go take a look into the locked thread where Skroe and Hanna got disciplined to see exactly what I mean.
    I mean, the blues say over and over again to report and move on instead of feeding. I was also infracted on friday for feeding, but thats my fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean, the blues say over and over again to report and move on instead of feeding. I was also infracted on friday for feeding, but thats my fault.
    Oh we can all admit that we've been hit with penalties in the past. However someone who posts pages of inflammatory messages, and resorts to sea lioning which falls under trolling doesn't get in trouble while someone calling out a person who got caught up admitting they're an alt account gets banned does is beyond fucked up. When those messages to blues fall on deaf ears even though the number of people making reports grows it's hard to believe that consistent moderation is a thing anymore.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Doesn't matter if you report when their policy is to not do anything because they might appear to be "biased" or "its not technically against the rules even though threads magically all derail to the same exact thing"

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh we can all admit that we've been hit with penalties in the past. However someone who posts pages of inflammatory messages, and resorts to sea lioning which falls under trolling doesn't get in trouble while someone calling out a person who got caught up admitting they're an alt account gets banned does is beyond fucked up. When those messages to blues fall on deaf ears even though the number of people making reports grows it's hard to believe that consistent moderation is a thing anymore.
    It might not be perfect but i still remember the days before there were green mods. But at the end of the day, if you feed them then theyll come back. Its just way easier to not engage.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter if you report when their policy is to not do anything because they might appear to be "biased" or "its not technically against the rules even though threads magically all derail to the same exact thing"
    Just dont post in that thread.

Just dont post in that thread.
    Its every thread on Politics now. Or have you not noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Meanwhile some of these posters are using a variation of the "you mad bro" meme over and over and over and over.... ad infinitum. The level of discourse on this site has never been higher!
    Tbh I find the "lolumad" posters kind of adorable. Trying to bring back oldies is worth a shot imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its every thread on Politics now. Or have you not noticed?
    Then dont respond.

Then dont respond.
    Ah, yes, its not the people trolling the forum that's the problem, it's people trying to use the forum. Stellar logic, m8.

/world'ssmallestviolin

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2018-07-08 at 07:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes, its not the people trolling the forum that's the problem, it's people trying to use the forum. Stellar logic, m8.
    Or its both. You doing what they want only makes them come back. Like, at some point there needs to be aome personal responsibility.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-07-08 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or its both. You doing what they want only makes them come back. Like, at some point there needs to be aome personal responsibility.
    Imagine that the forum is a community swimming pool.

Trolls are people who piss in that pool because they laugh at people swimming in their piss. Sometimes they do it subtly so you don't notice right off until the pool starts to smell from all the piss, others stand right on the edge shouting "PEE BOMB BABY" as their stream hits the pool surface.

You're suggesting that people should just stop swimming at the pool altogether, literally its only purpose, so that nobody ends up swimming in the pee. As opposed to just banning the pissers from the pool.

This is not a reasonable argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    /world'ssmallestviolin
    Worldss mallest violin?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Trolls are people who piss in that pool because they laugh at people swimming in their piss. Sometimes they do it subtly so you don't notice right off until the pool starts to smell from all the piss, others stand right on the edge shouting "PEE BOMB BABY" as their stream hits the pool surface.

You're suggesting that people should just stop swimming at the pool altogether, literally its only purpose, so that nobody ends up swimming in the pee. As opposed to just banning the pissers from the pool.

Or im suggesting tell the pool owners or whatever about it. What people keep actually doing, is yelling at the people peeing and them responding, "what are you going to do about it?" Throwing oil on a fire isnt going to put it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Huh. Do you include the people labeling everyone as Nazi or alt-right as pissers? Or do you think they're just trying to rebalance the pool with their piss?

Or im suggesting tell the pool owners or whatever about it. What people keep actually doing, is yelling at the people peeing and them responding, "what are you going to do about it?" Throwing oil on a fire isnt going to put it out.
    Just harsher penalties for perpetual pool pissers is all that is really needed in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Huh. Do you include the people labeling everyone as Nazi or alt-right as pissers?
    I keep reading that so many are calling everyone Nazis but I never see it. Would you like to actually show it or are we supposed believe this?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Just harsher penalties for perpetual pool pissers is all that is really needed in my opinion.
    Any penalties would be nice at this point. The pisser who runs to the pool owner and complains that someone is yelling at them for pissing in the pool which results in the complainer being punished is a major issue.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Or im suggesting tell the pool owners or whatever about it.
    Except the pool owner and the life guard don't give a fuck. They see it happen, have numerous people go to them telling them what's happening, and they sit there and do nothing. Maybe an occasional "knock it off".