10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Meanwhile, in Russia....
    Make snow white again!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Make snow white again!
    Uh oh... no one in Russia is safe from camouflaged yellow snow.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump makes bigliest deal ever. Sanctions removed on Manafort's Russian boss, in exchange for which, said Russian boss dumps his stock of Rusal.

"Basically, we're a capitalist country," Mnuchin didn't say but I'm pretending he did, "and forcing someone to eat a loss on the stock market is a punishment we consider acceptable. That's right, attacking the US election is now handled by a fine."

When asked why the rich of the US was forced to eat losses on the stock market as well, Mnuching replied, "Well let's be fair, you helped Trump win the election, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, matter of time on that one. Unless Nunes has them destroyed, which of course, would make everything worse.
    I think this would be on of the things that could actually land nunes in jail. There's almost zero legal liability for him running the interference he did as HIC chair re trump visits, but intentionally destroying testimony transcripts which are part of the congressional record is a bit beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Oh sure, it's only threads you have commented in before where this happens.......
    Russians are interested in mentions of Russia, *shocker*!

It never happens with people from any other nation! /s

This seems suspect?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...ion/index.html
    Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker has consulted with ethics officials at the Justice Department and they have advised him he does not need to recuse himself from overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, a source familiar with the process told CNN Thursday.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Lol, little bit. I mean, it might be true. But that's the boss asking the people he can fire to approve him doing something he is already on record wanting to do. Wonder how unbiased that "ethics review" was?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I think this would be on of the things that could actually land nunes in jail. There's almost zero legal liability for him running the interference he did as HIC chair re trump visits, but intentionally destroying testimony transcripts which are part of the congressional record is a bit beyond that.
    Agreed. He is dumb enough to try it though.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. He is dumb enough to try it though.
    Na, they voted unanimously to send the xscript.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Russians everywhere.

Summary is back in 2016, US Treasury officials were using a Gmail back channel straight to the Kremlin to give them financial information on people of interest to the Russian government, especially political opponents and dissidents. Many of the emails contained attachments which put the Treasury and other government databases at risk to hackers.

- - - Updated - - -

How does this pertain to the overarching investigation?

At least 10 FinCEN employees have filed formal whistleblower complaints about the department. The whistleblowers say they tried multiple times to raise concerns about issues they believed threatened national security, but that they faced retaliation instead of being heeded. Some of FinCEN’s top officials quit in anger. One senior adviser has been arrested and accused of releasing financial records to a journalist.

That adviser, a whistleblower named Natalie Mayflower Edwards, first sounded the alarm in the summer of 2016. She went on to speak with six different congressional committee staffers to air her concerns. In July and August 2018, she met again with staffers of one of the Senate committees investigating Russian interference during the presidential campaign. In those meetings, she told the staffers that FinCEN withheld documents revealing suspicious financial transactions of Trump associates that the committee had requested.
    and

Critical financial records on some Trump associates and Russian figures, collected by FinCEN analysts, have not been turned over to Congress, despite numerous requests. And more than a dozen FinCEN officials say that a rivalry with another unit of the Treasury Department cost them several crucial hours of work to track suspects’ movements in the immediate aftermath of the 2017 London Bridge terror attack.
    So long story short, the Treasury was infiltrated and officials have been working to help Russia and protect Trump and his associates.

- - - Updated - - -

To add another wrinkle, it adds to the story from earlier this year of Cohen's bank records that were flagged to FinCen as SARs were removed from the database.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-12-20 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Russians everywhere.

Summary is back in 2016, US Treasury officials were using a Gmail back channel straight to the Kremlin to give them financial information on people of interest to the Russian government, especially political opponents and dissidents. Many of the emails contained attachments which put the Treasury and other government databases at risk to hackers.

- - - Updated - - -

and

So long story short, the Treasury was infiltrated and officials have been working to help Russia and protect Trump and his associates.

- - - Updated - - -

To add another wrinkle, it adds to the story from earlier this year of Cohen's bank records that were flagged to FINcen as suspicious were removed from the database.
    Not meaning to nitpick, but do you have that from any other sources?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Russians everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Really key quote from that article:

Most startlingly, Russia requested sensitive documents on Dirk, Edward, and Daniel Ziff, billionaire investors who had run afoul of the Kremlin. That request was made weeks before a Russian lawyer showed up at Trump Tower offering top campaign aides “dirt” on Hillary Clinton — including her supposed connection to the Ziff brothers.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller doesn't already have this, so it probably won't pertain too much more than what Mueller is already doing. However, for the truth-seeking masses, it gives us a better picture of how much Trump and his cronies tried to screw the U.S. over. While many have pointed out that Treason isn't prosecuted any more, and Espionage Act is the better (and far easier) method of criminal prosecution, that word will probably start getting used a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Really key quote from that article:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller doesn't already have this, so it probably won't pertain too much more than what Mueller is already doing. However, for the truth-seeking masses, it gives us a better picture of how much Trump and his cronies tried to screw the U.S. over. While many have pointed out that Treason isn't prosecuted any more, and Espionage Act is the better (and far easier) method of criminal prosecution, that word will probably start getting used a lot more.
    I posted it in later but it also loops back to Cohen with his SARs being deleted from the FinCen databases, backing up the story from earlier this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not meaning to nitpick, but do you have that from any other sources?
    Seeing if more pick it up but Buzzfeed News is a credible source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I posted it in later but it also loops back to Cohen with his SARs being deleted from the FinCen databases, backing up the story from earlier this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing if more pick it up but Buzzfeed News is a credible source.
    I have read they are fairly credible, but have had issues according to the bias check website, just wanting something else to make 100% for sure. Always better to have corroboration on stuff that big.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

...infiltrated during Obama's era.

Clearly Russians always were there in your Government structures even before Trump won!

..though more likely they considered that usual cooperation between financial crimes units of both countries.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just seems to get more and more awful, with worse revelations about Trump and his idiot cronies selling us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    ...infiltrated during Obama's era.

Clearly Russians always were there in your Government structures even before Trump won!

..though more likely they considered that usual cooperation between financial crimes units of both countries.
    For the 2016 ELECTION. This is just another 2016 election meddling aspect which will bite Republicans, Russians, and Trump in the ass.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    For the 2016 ELECTION. This is just another 2016 election meddling aspect which will bite Republicans, Russians, and Trump in the ass.
    You realize he's never admitted one iota of truth, right? He'll deny and deflect, and as a known russian troll he can't do anything but. He is part of the problem the U.S. intelligence agencies have already confirmed happened.

It's one of the reasons he was my first "ignore".

On topic, however, that information, if accurate (lol Buzzfeed), is another astounding addition to the treasonous Resident Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had a rolled-up newspaper to smack everybody that still feeds Shalcker.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Oh wow...

This is way more sketchy than originally thought. He was advised to recuse himself, but decided not to from his own advisers because it wouldn't be illegal.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...ion/index.html

What a dickhead.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2018-12-20 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Make snow white again!
    Huh, it's like Alice in Wonderland over in Russia.

They're paintin' the snow white,
    or Putin will take their rights!
    Not pink,
    Not green,
    Not aquamarine...
    They're paintin' the snow white!