10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Roger Stone just claimed in court that he’s struggling to make ends meet...
    Oh, poor baby. Oh well, maybe he could have gotten a real job, instead of being a criminal.

Cool, then jail time should be a great boon to him! He won't have to worry about pesky things like utility bills, food, and other expenses that are covered while you're in lockup.

i don't know entirely on how jail bonds work, but his was 1/4 million and it was paid. so i can't see him struggling...

Maybe that’s why he, admittedly, approved the post(including the photo).
    Naw, he did it knowing full well what it was and the reaction it'd get. It's a play to his followers, plain and simple. He knowingly leaps over the line, feigns ignorance and "apologizes", get's slapped for jumping over a line he was specifically told not to, then cries victim and rants about the "DEEP STATE" etc.

It's the same cycle with him.

The best two bits from this thing were Stone talking about the crosshairs being a Celtic symbol that he knows nothing about, and the post being described as indefensible to which the judge agreed.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/judg...ry?id=61212775

Judge doesn't seem happy so far, and she doesn't seem to be buying his claims of ignorance.

On the previous topic of the 4 unannounced indictments and the worry of a cover-up...

In one of the various articles discussing the Mueller report being released soon made a very shrewd point: The investigation has been splintered off into possibly dozens of mini special counsels. It's as if it's a legal outbreak for Dump. Much easier for him to target one person/office in his twits or actions - but if something spreads it becomes impossible to contain.

Somebody also mentioned that Mueller sees his team/job as investigatory, not prosecuting - as evidence by him not being on the prosecuting council. He's just laying up information and evidence... but also now apparently distributing said information and evidence to all the right sources.

This also coincides with the reports that boxes of files involving the case are being moved and shipped all over the place from the FBI.

It makes me wonder if this was Mueller's plan all along, and coincidentally coincides with @Skroe's previous prediction, that Mueller is setting it up so that when the bomb drops, firing him won't do shit anymore as it's now "out there" among all the other state-level and federal-level prosecutors - with Mueller's job/stage being done.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's because you refuse to listen to anything you don't agree with
    Coming from you? That is fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Coming from you? That is fucking hilarious.
    Thank you, I will be here all week, try the veil.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...g-roger-stone/

Welp, no jail time for Stone. But he's on his final warning with a strict gag order, if he violates it his ass is grass. Now to see if Stone wants to tempt fate again.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a millionaire. But wow, is it funny how all these millionaires that work with Trump suddenly and mysteriously find themselves counting every last nickel when the FBI comes a-callin'. I thought Trump picked only the best people? Why are they so poor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now to see if Stone wants to tempt fate again.
    Or the person who he claims has his Twitter password. Because, if I'm that guy, and Stone hasn't paid me, I'm sending his ass to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...g-roger-stone/

Welp, no jail time for Stone. But he's on his final warning with a strict gag order, if he violates it his ass is grass. Now to see if Stone wants to tempt fate again.
    I give it 5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone from the IRS leaked Cohen's tax returns to Avenatti and got caught. If proven he did it, he's at the least fired, and that shit's illegal so he could go to jail.

Now, the stolen tax returns are still evidence. Just because they were stolen doesn't make them magically inadmissible. Pretty sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Manafort to be sentenced for bank fraud March 8. Remember, prosecutors are recommending 20 years or so, also known as "die in prison", and are probably also taking more money than he has as well. And the judge who decides this is the one Stone just threatened, so, one would assume she won't be in a particularly generous mood.

Not that she needs to do anything drastic anyhow. "I agree with the prosecutors" and "fuck that guy" are basically the same thing in this context.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Querry for @cubby and @Breccia

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there still like 3 or 4 sealed indictments being held in the courts right now? I'm asking because, well, shouldn't those get released and/or acted upon before the Mueller report drops?
    To my understanding, yes, there are still sealed indictments stemming from Mueller's investigation. However, those indictments aren't directly linked to the Mueller Report. They can still be acted upon either by Mueller's team or the Justice Department.

There was a rumor going around that at least one of the sealed indictments is on Trump - to prevent the Statute of Limitations from running out while he's in office (as a reminder, Mueller believes that a sitting President cannot be charged with a crime - I cannot recall the exact specifics atm).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Someone from the IRS leaked Cohen's tax returns to Avenatti and got caught. If proven he did it, he's at the least fired, and that shit's illegal so he could go to jail.

Now, the stolen tax returns are still evidence. Just because they were stolen doesn't make them magically inadmissible. Pretty sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Manafort to be sentenced for bank fraud March 8. Remember, prosecutors are recommending 20 years or so, also known as "die in prison", and are probably also taking more money than he has as well. And the judge who decides this is the one Stone just threatened, so, one would assume she won't be in a particularly generous mood.

Not that she needs to do anything drastic anyhow. "I agree with the prosecutors" and "fuck that guy" are basically the same thing in this context.
    The IRS and their relevant statutes regarding tax returns are beyond draconian. Not only is it a felony just to have them if you are not authorized to be in possession of them, it's likewise a felony to pass them onto someone else. Moreover, it's a felony to make them public as well. All three actions carry a 5 year term of jail and a $250,000 fine.

It's not entirely clear from the law if having received the illegally obtained/possessed tax returns, if publishing them is also illegal (i.e. if someone steals Trump's tax returns and then gives them to the NYTimes, if they can be held liable for publishing them). I think in my example the NYTimes would be criminally liable, but I'm not 100% sure.

I find it fascinating that Trump's returns have not leaked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

It's not entirely clear from the law if having received the illegally obtained/possessed tax returns, if publishing them is also illegal (i.e. if someone steals Trump's tax returns and then gives them to the NYTimes, if they can be held liable for publishing them). I think in my example the NYTimes would be criminally liable, but I'm not 100% sure.

Stolen evidence is admissible in court.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Stolen evidence is admissible in court.
    You should take a look back and read what you responded to. Go ahead and highlight where I said the word "court". We'll wait.

(I should start doing that - responding to peoples posts and just stating random irrelevant facts - new hobby? have to think about it)

Of course stolen evidence is admissible in court, with rare exceptions, and providing you can meet the requirements of the rules of procedure in the relevant jurisdiction to have it authenticated (which is usually pretty straight forward and for the most part easy). That wasn't the point at all of my post. When you're done actually reading what I said come on back to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    (Stone, for example, was sobbing and smearing his mascara in fear for months).
    And Jr. has been practically pissing himself for the same reason.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Apparently the irs has a special "presidents only" locked room that only a few high up people have the key to, so if they where to leak it would be on trumps end.

You should take a look back and read what you responded to. Go ahead and highlight where I said the word "court". We'll wait.

(I should start doing that - responding to peoples posts and just stating random irrelevant facts - new hobby? have to think about it)

Of course stolen evidence is admissible in court, with rare exceptions, and providing you can meet the requirements of the rules of procedure in the relevant jurisdiction to have it authenticated (which is usually pretty straight forward and for the most part easy). That wasn't the point at all of my post. When you're done actually reading what I said come on back to the table.
    If you filed them in a court case then you could report on them in the NY Times for instance.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Apparently the irs has a special "presidents only" locked room that only a few high up people have the key to, so if they where to leak it would be on trumps end.
    I wouldn't doubt it at all. Or something like a sealed digital vault, something out of Mission Impossible or similar. Still mildly surprising that they haven't leaked. Mueller has them supposedly. If he does, the House will have them soon enough, and then the world.

And for those of you not paying attention, Trump is terrified of the world seeing those tax returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If you filed them in a court case then you could report on them in the NY Times for instance.
    Interesting. Theoretically that's indeed possible, unless the judge sealed the file, or any number of other choices for keeping them from the public.

The Congress has a statutory right to review them. Making them public isn't entirely clear, at least legally speaking. Even if a judge said go ahead and release them, the tax returns would still remain sealed and private, pending an appeal.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. Or something like a sealed digital vault, something out of Mission Impossible or similar. Still mildly surprising that they haven't leaked. Mueller has them supposedly. If he does, the House will have them soon enough, and then the world.

And for those of you not paying attention, Trump is terrified of the world seeing those tax returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. Theoretically that's indeed possible, unless the judge sealed the file, or any number of other choices for keeping them from the public.

The Congress has a statutory right to review them. Making them public isn't entirely clear, at least legally speaking. Even if a judge said go ahead and release them, the tax returns would still remain sealed and private, pending an appeal.
    My understanding is that Congressional Immunity basically would let them drop something like that safely, but I am by no means an expert on this. I'm more of a bird law guy.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/co...onal-immunity/